PDA

View Full Version : Your best goblin names

Mirakk
2012-09-23, 10:03 PM
Hey guys, I made a Goblin Factotum/Exemplar today and I wanted to give him a quirky name. If it helps, he's a kleptomaniac that hates other goblins on the grounds that they're talent-less hacks, and they're always after the stuff HE deserves.

So far all I can come up with are names like: Greedy, or Stabbins. Let's see what you can all come up with.

BowStreetRunner
2012-09-23, 10:34 PM
Kleptomaniac, huh? That sounds enough of a thief for me.

Call him Tamoren Suckling and pay a little tribute to The Goblins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Goblins).

(I always prefer names that have a hidden meaning / inside joke or such myself.)

Kuulvheysoon
2012-09-23, 10:54 PM
Well, there's always the classic Dies Horribly or THAC0.

grarrrg
2012-09-23, 11:00 PM
Steve.

That is all.

Novawurmson
2012-09-23, 11:12 PM
A few goblins from my campaign: Killface, Corpsemuncher, Tuur Uk, Furgeng.

Kol Korran
2012-09-24, 12:25 AM
Various goblins in my campaigns:
Bana, Bindu, Geko, Jazz, Drek, Baga Baga, Charlie (an odd ball), Sizzle.

Anderlith
2012-09-24, 12:29 AM
Gnish. He was an awesome character in my first D&D game I ran. The party happened to spare a goblin when he surrendered, I winged it not knowing what would play out. It was all for the best he was kind of adopted by the party as a team mascot/blacksmith apprentice.

Tokuhara
2012-09-24, 01:26 AM
Squib, the name of our Goblin Butler in an old PF Drow Campaign. We owned a drow city (roughly the size of Yorkshire) and our castle staff was run by Squib, a posh British goblin in a tuxedo with a twirly mustache, a monocle, and always had a serving tray with rare Underdark delicacies. When the Illithid tried to take over our city, Squib turned out to be a Ninja 10/Assassin 10 who literally vanished, killed 3 Illithid single-handed, then brew a pot of tea whilst complaining about how he will have to make the servants work twice as hard now that there's blood on the really expensive carpet in a smug, posh, British accent (the kind of accent that if you were talking about rainbows and unicorns, someone would call the cops in suspicion that you wanted to slaughter puppies and take over the world).

Malimar
2012-09-24, 04:41 AM
Blattlug Milkcurdler. Bad Stonemuck. Dangerous (a naming habit I picked up from the Warlords Battlecry series, where one of the things goblin shamans say when you poke them is "I'm dangerous, you know!"). Also consider this goblin name generator (http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=goblinnamer).

morkendi
2012-09-24, 07:56 AM
Mezza..... he trying to say me. "Meeza not take anything. Meeza good goblin. Mezza no like dem other gobby pecks."

hex0
2012-09-24, 08:01 AM
nesrjk, anviok, brwine, aqvuk?

Sorry, had to bang my head on the keyboard for that.

Zubrowka74
2012-09-24, 09:32 AM
I have a habit of naming my hobgoblins according to german numbers : Ein, Zwei, Drei...

Doc_Pippin
2012-09-24, 09:33 AM
Double post mishap

Doc_Pippin
2012-09-24, 09:35 AM
A classic name from MTG for any huge buffs is Ib Halfheart, goblin (tactition) sub in any title you want

Bonus points to us his quotes ex. "everyone but me CHARGE!!!!!" or another great one "so they want to kill my men Huh? Well two can play at that game."

doc225
2012-09-24, 10:37 AM
In the Dunegons and Dragons book series featuring the iconics, (regdar, Jozan, Lidda) the goblins had no vowels. Their names were short four letter consonant only.. Grnk, Klnk, Krkl, Mbrk, Nklk, as well as other combos. I tend to like this type of name for goblins. just an idea.

Tokuhara
2012-09-24, 10:43 AM
A classic name from MTG for any huge buffs is Ib Halfheart, goblin (tactition) sub in any title you want

Bonus points to us his quotes ex. "everyone but me CHARGE!!!!!" or another great one "so they want to kill my men Huh? Well two can play at that game."

Speaking of MtG, Slobad from Mirrodon/Scars(?) was a Goblin

Dusk Eclipse
2012-09-24, 10:44 AM
A friend of mine once played a Goblin Warlord in 4e, named Maliumba, incredibly annoying; but useful little bugger.

Wyntonian
2012-09-24, 10:52 AM
William. Or Charles. Or Xavier. Something classy, at any rate.

Cruiser1
2012-09-24, 12:36 PM
Speaking of MtG, Slobad from Mirrodon/Scars(?) was a Goblin
Also speaking of MtG, the goblin from the Whispering Woods novel trilogy was named Egg Sucker. :smalltongue:

The Harry Potter series features a bunch of goblins, such as Griphook, Gringott, Filius, Ragnuk, Eargit the Ugly, Urg the Unclean, Ug the Unreliable, Alguff the Awful, Brodrig the Boss-Eyed, Ragnok the Pigeon-Toed, Bogrod, Gornuk, and Nagnok.

Hand_of_Vecna
2012-09-24, 12:50 PM
Sir Gofflank of High Gobliny-wolf mounted charger, with a huge ego and a idealistic image of a benevolent kingdom that will one day exist where all races live in harmony under goblin rule.

Uncle Cousin Figo-Well really just Figo, Uncle cousin came later (from gofflank) sneak theif who gained supernatural thieving powers while blackout drunk.

Migo-A gofer for the thieves guild in a game I ran all his sentences started "Migo" as in "Migo give her message" or "Migo get it". I purposefully never spelled out whether this was a coincidence or if his name came from his status and habit of speech.

Andreaz
2012-09-24, 12:57 PM
Why do people keep using birth names based on competencies they learn much after they are born(prophechies excluded)? ;_;

Call him Motak Tak Ledak Dafak, slayer of Bodaks and thief of six-packs.

kitcik
2012-09-24, 01:06 PM
Lenny and Squiggy.

panaikhan
2012-09-25, 08:00 AM
My favorite goblin name EVAR is "Tempts Fate", though my most recent goblin character was never called by their given name, and was simply called Pyro (being a PF Alchemist)

The Zoat
2012-09-25, 08:07 AM
Jareth. It had to be done.

Unregistered
2012-09-25, 08:13 AM
Gobbo (the Goblin).

Squidfist
2012-09-25, 10:47 AM
I once played a tower-shield wielding Goblin tribesman named Oobdoob'kajoob. He was silly as hell.

gr8artist
2012-09-25, 01:46 PM
My fiance' plays a Goblin Rogue/Alchemist/Master-Chymist named Nukgrub.
NPC goblins she's interacted with were named Grosh and Dung-Raker
I love Dung-Raker

Duke of Urrel
2021-03-19, 10:40 AM
Translate any normal one-syllable name into Gobbledygook. Just insert the syllable "gab" inside the main vowel.

Greg becomes Greggabeg.
Fred become Freggabed.
Tom becomes Toggabom.
Dirk become Dirgabirk.
Jeff becomes Jeggabeff.

And so on.

Jazath
2021-03-19, 12:16 PM
The name I'm thinking is "Gahg".

Gruftzwerg
2021-03-19, 12:56 PM
I would go for something simple that sounds more like making some kind of noise expression. e.g.

Gnar
Narf
Soinx
Oi

Then you roleplay it always using your name as:
- random feeling expression (changing your voice according to the feeling)
- random filer word at the start, in the middle or at the end of the sentence (like in real life slangs:e.g. F*CK (en); K*RVA (pl))
- a replacement for adjectives (like the Smurfs speak): e.g. gnargantic, narfastic, oilegant ...

Annoy your teammates and NPC/DM with your weird way to speak. Have some fun ;)

the_tick_rules
2021-03-19, 11:41 PM
Watch some That time i got reincarnated as a slime, they have the best goblin names.

redking
2021-03-20, 02:28 AM
Mizgob 'Fasthands'.

u-b
2021-03-20, 10:49 AM
I once played a goblin named Buga Gashek. Went very well in a Russian-speaking group. Something along these lines might be e.g. Expro Priator, which usually introduces himself just as Expro.

Dienekes
2021-03-20, 12:57 PM
We naming goblin zombies? Cuz that there is some powerful necromancy.

Though on that note my favorite goblin name for my games has been Hivvilsquambus Goyf. Who the party has taken to calling Hivvil, Squamby, Goyf, and the Squam.