PDA

View Full Version : Need help Best way to Stream PnP Game both Audio/Video

Blind_Prophet
2012-09-23, 10:28 PM
So I'm going into uncharted ground here so I could really use some help as a few of my main players have left for different cities to go to college & university but they want to continue to play DnD with us especially with the D7D Next Playtests coming out but we have no idea what the best way to stream it live.

Now we don't really need anything fancy just enough that they can hear the DM (me) and the players.

The video is easy just need a decent webcam than I'll set-up a skype video call...the Logitech C270 HD Webcam only costs 20$ and seems to work quite well from various video reviews I checked out....more than enough to see the players...or in combat the board.

As for the sound I see a few options...which are probably wrong or overly complicated :P

Option 1 - An omni directional microphone handing down from my drop ceiling...WWE style

Option 2 - A Bunch of $5 - $15 stand mics (I'd just wear my Tiamat 2.2 Headset)...not sure how I would consolidate the audio into a single skype call though.

Option 3 - One of those flat looking conference mic things you see in the movies in board rooms...no idea what its called

Any other ideas or assistance were my issues with Option 2/3?