PDA

View Full Version : Character Help: It came from outer space

DemonRoach
2012-09-24, 08:17 PM
Oh mighty gods of the Playground of Giants, here thy humble Roach suplicant and it lend it aid such that it might rend it's enemies asunder.

So...anyway....I'd like some advice for a character I'm throwing together. The details are:

Setting - A weird melding of many Sci-Fi universes. It's odd to say the least.

Sources - Anything but Dragon Mag or Homebrew (Dragon Compendium is fine). To account for the setting things will be restyled but mechanics and the same sort of flavour will be retained.

The party - Four characters. Me, an undefined, a Ninja and a Warlock.

My role - Either tank or healer realistically, I want to go Tank.

Starting stats/level - Level 4, rolled stats are: 11, 11, 13, 14, 16, 16

Concept - I want to be an interstellar body morphing alien freak, capable of both fighting and talking.

Build so far - Changeling for Race, was about to go searching for a full BAB class that goes into Warshaper next level, but beyond those thoughts I"m dawing a blank. Ability to lie/disguise would be great as something I could do outside combat. Maybe get to Jaunter eventually.

Cheers for any advice/questions (Except on the setting, turn a blind eye to that :smalltongue:)

Edit: Optimization level - I think Tier 3ish would be nice, with a warlock and a ninja I'm not expecting anything broken (I haven't played with this group before)

Another Edit: It's 3.5

BowStreetRunner
2012-09-24, 11:28 PM
My role - Either tank or healer realistically, I want to go Tank.

You've got a lot going on in your post, so I'm just going to start by focusing on the Tank or Healer thing. There is one class I can think of that is able to be primary tank and also do a bit of healing. What are your thoughts on Crusader from Tome of Battle?

Mithril Leaf
2012-09-24, 11:31 PM
You've got a lot going on in your post, so I'm just going to start by focusing on the Tank or Healer thing. There is one class I can think of that is able to be primary tank and also do a bit of healing. What are your thoughts on Crusader from Tome of Battle?

Oh yeah, this is totally what you want for tanking and healing. Solid middle of the road tier 3 too.

Darrin
2012-09-25, 05:39 AM
Concept - I want to be an interstellar body morphing alien freak, capable of both fighting and talking.

Build so far - Changeling for Race, was about to go searching for a full BAB class that goes into Warshaper next level, but beyond those thoughts I"m dawing a blank.

I'd recommend Wildshape Ranger (actually "Simple Ranger" in the SRD). Full BAB for fighting, d8 HPs, and enough skill points to handle "Party Face" duties in a pinch. Between Aberration Wildshape and Frozen Wildshape, you should get plenty of "morphing alien tentacle-beast" forms.