PDA

View Full Version : Help planning for a character concept(D&d 3.5)

Wazirak1
2012-09-24, 09:51 PM
Hello there! I was wondering if anyone could help me develop a plan for a character idea I had.

So, I want to make a class based off of the use magic centering on storms and water. Viable material- most books, except tome of battle and tome of magic, as well as any psionics. Anything else is game. Start level is ten, No item suggestions please.

Snowbluff
2012-09-24, 09:55 PM
I would suggest checking out Stormwrack. It should have some storm-related spells and PrCs. Frostburn might have some applicable spells for weather-mages as well.

Diovid
2012-09-25, 02:55 AM
As a base class you're probably looking at either a Wizard/Sorcerer or a Druid. A Raptoran Sorcerer (Races of the Wild) has Air-based substitution levels. While a Druid could take the Elemental Companion ACF (Complete Mage) to trade his animal companion for an elemental. You could also look at the Goliath Druid substitution levels (Races of Stone) and ask your DM if you can change them to weather-based abilities.

Edit: If you have acces to Dragon Magazine material, there is also a Storm Druid in Dragon Magazine #328.

For prcs Skypledged (Races of the Wild), Sea Witch (Stormwrack), Stormcaster (Stormwrack), Wavekeeper (Stormwrack), Lord of Tides (Sandstorm) and Elemental Savant (Complete Arcane, though you should probably combine it with a homebrew electricity version of the Searing Spell feat) are options. Other prc options include reading the adaptation section of some elemental-based prc which list air/weather/water-based adaptations (such as Earth Dreamer and Stonespeaker Guardian from Races of Stone).

Wazirak1
2012-09-25, 09:07 AM
Thank you for all the help, Could A cleric with one of the weather oriented domains also be viable? It gives some nifty versatility, as well as armor proficiency (Not that i'm going to use it, really.)

In addition, the type of storms I'm picturing are leaning more towards oceanic, though if neccesary (which I believe it is) I can make these simple aesthetic changes in my mind alone

nedz
2012-09-25, 09:19 AM
What sort of role(s) do you wish to fit ?

Melle, Skills, Divine, Arcane, multi-threat, ... ?

Giving us a favour to work with is great, but that still leaves too many options.

Wazirak1
2012-09-25, 10:04 AM
Well, I'm not quite sure! I'm still open for suggestions, not likely melee as it doesn't seem any storm oriented content is melee friendly. This character is being designed with plans of little to nothing in the way of group support, so min/maxing is fine! any suggestions on how to fill this role would be great