PDA

View Full Version : What to do with a pointless Turn Undead?

silverwolfer
2012-09-24, 11:13 PM
So I have a mega low CHA, and wondering if I should trash it for the variant that gives you courage+smite? I know the varient isn't good but then again so is a pathatic turn rate.

LTwerewolf
2012-09-24, 11:18 PM
Extra turning. Nightsticks. PRC's that grant rebukes.

If you're just really wanting to get rid of it, then why not go for something you like?

BowStreetRunner
2012-09-24, 11:19 PM
Just remember, if you do have something on which you can spend turn undead attempts - such as a Divine Feat or a Divine Wrath weapon - you can pick up extra attempts from things like a Reliquary Holy Symbol or Nightsticks.

DigoDragon
2012-09-25, 07:15 AM
Divine Metamagic is popular. I used it with Extend spell and Empower spell. There are better ones out there, but if you've only got a few turns due to low CHA you probably don't want the ones that have high turn costs so you can use it a few times per day.

KillianHawkeye
2012-09-25, 07:21 AM
There are a lot of divine feats which are fueled by Turn Undead uses. I'm sure you could find one that seems useful to you.

Cespenar
2012-09-25, 07:48 AM
Devotion feats also can be fueled from Turn Undead uses, IIRC.

only1doug
2012-09-25, 07:51 AM
Devotion feats also can be fueled from Turn Undead uses, IIRC.

Yup, Complete Champion has a bunch of Devotion Feats that can be fueled by Turn Undead attempts.

BowStreetRunner
2012-09-25, 09:14 AM
So let's say you have a cleric with a CHA of 6. Base Turn Undead attempts per day is 3 + Charisma Modifier (-2) = 1. A reliquary holy symbol gives additional turn attempts per day. You can get one if you have 5 ranks in Knowledge (religion) which should be easy to get. One for the Improved Turning feat which would probably be a waste for your character. And one if you pick up a divine feat, which is what you are going to use your turn attempts to power. A single Nightstick (LM p78) gives 4 more uses per day. So you are looking at about 7 uses per day even without a Charisma-boosting item.

So if you just look at the divine feats for now (since having one with the reliquary gives you a bonus turn attempt) you have Player's Handbook II, Complete Warrior, Complete Divine, Complete Champion, Races of Stone, Tome of Battle, Libris Mortis, Champions of Ruin, Champions of Valor, Champions of Darkness all of which have divine feats to choose from.

I'm sure you can find something useful to do with those turn attempts.