PDA

View Full Version : Elf with a wisdom bonus.

Morithias
2012-09-25, 07:35 AM
Did a google search. Can't find one. Need it for an experiment.

Okay maybe it doesn't have to be elf, but "Long lived race with wisdom bonus" didn't seem as straight forward. Plus due to a recent video game I've been playing I've started to like elves a bit more.

La +0 Please.

trollburgers
2012-09-25, 07:49 AM
Did a google search. Can't find one. Need it for an experiment.

Okay maybe it doesn't have to be elf, but "Long lived race with wisdom bonus" didn't seem as straight forward. Plus due to a recent video game I've been playing I've started to like elves a bit more.

La +0 Please.

The best I can find are Templates:
Half-Fey template (Fiend Folio). Wis +2 (along with a host of other bonuses), LA +1.
There are also half-breed templates in Dragon Magazine 313 (half-doppelganger and half-minotaur) that give a bonus to Wis with other benefits, but I generally steer away from Dragon Magazine content.

I'm sure there's more.

Morithias
2012-09-25, 07:56 AM
The best I can find are Templates:
Half-Fey template (Fiend Folio). Wis +2 (along with a host of other bonuses), LA +1.
There are also half-breed templates in Dragon Magazine 313 (half-doppelganger and half-minotaur) that give a bonus to Wis with other benefits, but I generally steer away from Dragon Magazine content.

I'm sure there's more.

Well thank you for trying either way. (really there's an elf with a charisma bonus but not a wisdom bonus?).

Damn I wanted this character to be an elf too. I liked what the videogame had been saying about "promises", "time", and so on. Plus the elves in that game didn't come across as haughty, they came across as quite wise and understanding of the human's technology and mind set.

Seriously it's quite sad how much I like the elves in this game. The greatest fantasy works from Tolkien to Forgotten Realms as far as I'm concerned have had their elves out done by this game.

Endelehia
2012-09-25, 07:56 AM
Frostburn's Uldras are small fey creatures with a bonus on wisdom that live up to 400 years. +1 LA though

trollburgers
2012-09-25, 08:16 AM
Well thank you for trying either way. (really there's an elf with a charisma bonus but not a wisdom bonus?).

Damn I wanted this character to be an elf too. I liked what the videogame had been saying about "promises", "time", and so on. Plus the elves in that game didn't come across as haughty, they came across as quite wise and understanding of the human's technology and mind set.

Seriously it's quite sad how much I like the elves in this game. The greatest fantasy works from Tolkien to Forgotten Realms as far as I'm concerned have had their elves out done by this game.

It might weaken your character too much, but have you considered playing a venerable Elf? An additional +3 to Int, Wis and Cha; but an additional -6 to Str, Dex and Con.

I'm not sure if you can argue that Restoration restores the physical ability loss (is it "drain" for all intents and purposes?) but worth a shot.

Morithias
2012-09-25, 08:19 AM
It might weaken your character too much, but have you considered playing a venerable Elf? An additional +3 to Int, Wis and Cha; but an additional -6 to Str, Dex and Con.

I'm not sure if you can argue that Restoration restores the physical ability loss (is it "drain" for all intents and purposes?) but worth a shot.

Interesting idea, but a -6 to str, dex, and con? This woman is a level 3 Master, not an archmage, she can't polymorph those penalties away.

Edit: Probably should explain what my experiment is. I'm trying to see how low of level I can start a business (shop in the wild) and have it still make a profit. (Yeah I'm bloody bored and have nothing better to do)

I'll keep this in mind. Thanks for the tip though.

watchwood
2012-09-25, 08:24 AM
Play a Pathfinder half-elf, and get +2 to any one stat of your choice?

Morithias
2012-09-25, 08:32 AM
Play a Pathfinder half-elf, and get +2 to any one stat of your choice?

Another good suggestion. I will keep in mind. I'm not sure about using pathfinder materials, but either way I think it works.

Anyways, I got the experiment to the point I wanted. Thanks for your help people. I'll keep this thread in mind if I ever play the character (Yeah right, like that will ever happen)