PDA

View Full Version : drugs

leegi0n
2012-09-25, 08:33 AM
Is there anything about drug addictions or addictions in general, in the books or online? I can't find anything and want to incorporate it with a bard.

Eldan
2012-09-25, 08:35 AM
Book of Vile Darkness. As most things in there, rather silly. Drugs are eeeeeeeevil.

vartan
2012-09-25, 09:09 AM
The frcs has mule pollen, an alchemical substance that boosts str but comes with a chance of addiction. The symptoms of which are like perma fatigue and the cure for.which is a neutralize poison.

I used some of those guidelines when introducing Luiren Spring Cheese into my campaign.

Garwain
2012-09-25, 09:27 AM
Yeah, Book of Vile Darkness covers drugs quite well. But do you want to get it or get rid of it? In the latter case, BoED has Vow of Abstinence, gives you +4 perfection bonus on fort saves against poison and drugs. Remove Addiction is a lvl2 Cleric/Druid spell: Cures target of drug addictions.

Darrin
2012-09-25, 10:15 AM
This post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8235956&postcount=11) has some information on drugs, although I believe Akal Saris' Poisoner's Handbook: Arsenic & Old Lace (www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=2714.0) may be a more authoritative resource.

Slipperychicken
2012-09-25, 10:21 AM
Book of Exalted Deeds came out with Remove Addiction (Clr 2). That spell laughs heartily as it crumples your addiction subplot and tosses it into the waste bin.

Telonius
2012-09-25, 10:42 AM
There's a small amount of information on the SRD about drugs (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/campaigns/sanity.htm#sampleDrugs). Mostly for campaigns that involve Sanity checks, and it refers to BoVD/Lords of Darkness.

leegi0n
2012-09-25, 11:21 AM
I want the bard to get it. He's the cliche "rock star" character and I think it would fit. Sadly (for plot sake), it's much easier to separate the "rock star" from their addiction in DnD....as opposed the intervention folks of modern day. I thought it would be an interesting touch to an already complex bardic character.

Novawurmson
2012-09-25, 12:20 PM
PF has it (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/afflictions/drugs). I believe there are similar rules in Sharn: City of Towers.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-09-25, 03:02 PM
Book of Vile Darkness. As most things in there, rather silly. Drugs are eeeeeeeevil.

:smallsigh: drugs are not evil. They are a tool used by evil characters.

Seriously, not everything mentioned in BoVD is evil.

Arcanist
2012-09-25, 03:05 PM
:smallsigh: drugs are not evil. They are a tool used by evil characters.

Seriously, not everything mentioned in BoVD is evil.

BoVD references the Ur-Priest... Nuff said :smalltongue:

Slipperychicken
2012-09-25, 03:26 PM
I want the bard to get it. He's the cliche "rock star" character and I think it would fit. Sadly (for plot sake), it's much easier to separate the "rock star" from their addiction in DnD....as opposed the intervention folks of modern day. I thought it would be an interesting touch to an already complex bardic character.

You can still ask the DM to ban Remove Addiction (or make Super Drugs which it doesn't work on), because all the spell really does is crush drama and let you abuse drugs without consequence. Alternatively, an addiction-metaphor like the One Ring on LoTR.

leegi0n
2012-09-25, 03:33 PM
You can still ask the DM to ban Remove Addiction (or make Super Drugs which it doesn't work on), because all the spell really does is crush drama and let you abuse drugs without consequence. Alternatively, an addiction-metaphor like the One Ring on LoTR.

In this case, I'm the DM and you're absolutely correct. I will make this a personal struggle that he must cope with and fight through.

karkus
2012-09-26, 01:40 PM
BoVD also states that Remove Disease (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Remove_disease) eliminates addiction, so you could have an amulet enchanted with that effect to be immune to addiction (but, as stated above, there is a lower-level spell that specifies addictions, making it a cheaper magic item).