PDA

View Full Version : Obscure optimization challenge

Graybender
2012-09-25, 01:10 PM
My Dm recently allowed me to play a highly multiclassed character, using the fractional BAB rules, I decided to have as many prestige classes and feats as possible, looking for inspiration and to present the playground a challenge, I ask you to build such a character, without using dark chaos shuffle and perhaps some other cheesy method I may have overlooked.
These are the rules of the challenge:

a) Character must posses a minimum of 10 bonus feats gained through class features, for every feat above that number you get a point.
b) Character must posses a minimum of 2 prestige classes, every prestige class above that number you gain 2 points.

Points are added together and divided by the tier, the character falls into.

All books and dragon magazine are allowed. These are the current rules, more may follow if cheese becomes emergent.

Good luck and I hope it will be fun for you to optimize this kind of character.

Wings of Peace
2012-09-25, 01:25 PM
So you want a spellcasting character then? Because that's what all the tier 1s are. How you estimating the tier of prestige classes?

Novawurmson
2012-09-25, 01:28 PM
Yet another "challenge." Why not try asking for help building a character you have a cool idea for?

ahenobarbi
2012-09-25, 01:38 PM
Fighter 20 for 0.2 points :smalltongue:

Graybender
2012-09-25, 01:39 PM
@Wings of peace: You are right seems to be to disproportionate towards tier, how abou 3 points per tier?

@Novawumson: Well I would love help when it comes to that point, but for now I wanted to search for a bit of inspiration and explore what is possible withing the system and a 'challenge' seems to be the easiest way to define and search for willing participants. I am sorry if I have offened you

Novawurmson
2012-09-25, 02:03 PM
If you want help coming up with a character, I'd be glad to help you. What sort of things are you looking for, role play-wise and ability-wise?