PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Kitty Cat wants to slice and dice (character concept)

Talieth
2012-09-25, 05:10 PM
Hello denizens of the Playground,

I came here seeking for a confirmation for a character concept that will use natural weapons. I know that this is not optimized, but optimization is (obviously ?) not what I am after.

So I choose a catfolk that will pounce (in name only, not the feat) on her foes and shred them with both her arm claws AND her leg claws !

So here is my question : Can I use the Cat's Claws alternate racial trait to have claws on hands at character creation, then take Aspect of the Beast (Claws of the Beast) at lvl3 to grow another couple of claws on the feet ?

(lvl1 feat Catfolk Exemplar (Sharp Claws) allow to take the Aspect of the Beast feat even if you do not meet the normal prerequisites.)
That would give me 4 primary claws attack : 2x1D6 claw (hands) then 2x1D4 claw (feet)
(also, I will use only Paizo products that i own, so only core + APG, UC, UM and ARG )

Build will look like this at lvl5 :

Kalinda Farahe is a LvL5 Catfolk Fighter (Feral Warrior)

Background :
Kalinda grew up on the road, traveling with a mercenary company.
She was recued at a young age when the mercenaries were hired to protect her village from a goblins attack. Her parents were killed during the battle, and with no family left and the sole catfolk survivor in her village, she was allowed to join the mercenaries as their mascott.
With them, she learned to fight, developping her own natural (and feral) combat style.

Alternate racial traits :
- Cat's Claws : Some catfolk have stronger and more developed claws than other members of their race, and can use them to make attacks. catfolk with this racial trait have a pair of claws they can use as natural weapons. These claws are primary attacks that deal 1d4 points of damage. This racial trait replaces natural hunter.
- Scent : Some catfolk favor a keen sense of smell over sensitive sight. catfolk with this racial trait gain the scent ability. This racial trait replaces the low-light vision racial trait.

Ability Scores (20 point buy) :
STR 17
DEX 14
END 14
INT 12
WIS 6
CHA 12

Feat :

level 1
- Catfolk Exemplar (Sharp Claws) : You can take the Aspect of the Beast feat even if you do not meet the normal prerequisites. Furthermore, your catlike nature manifests in one of the following ways. You choose the manifestation when you take this feat, and cannot change it later.
Sharp Claws (Ex): If you do not have the cat's claws racial trait or the claws of the beast manifestation from the Aspect of the Beast feat, you gain the cat's claws racial trait. If you have either the cat's claws racial trait or the claws of the beast manifestation, your claw damage increases to 1d6.
- Improved Unarmed Strike (Fighter bonus feat)
level 2
- Feral Combat Training (Combat) : Choose one of your natural weapons. While using the selected natural weapon, you can apply the effects of feats that have Improved Unarmed Strike as a prerequisite, as well as effects that augment an unarmed strike.
level 3
- Aspect of the Beast (Claws of the Beast) :
Claws of the Beast (Ex): You grow a pair of claws. These claws are primary attacks that deal 1d4 points of damage (1d3 if you are Small).
level 4
- Tiger Style (Combat, Style) : While using this style, you gain a +2 bonus to your CMD against bull rush, overrun, and trip maneuvers. You can also deal slashing damage with your unarmed strikes. Whenever you score a critical hit with your slashing unarmed strike, your opponent also takes 1d4 points of bleed damage at the start of his next two turns.
level 5
- Nimble Striker (Combat, Catfolk) : You do not take a –2 penalty to AC when you use the Cleave feat, Lunge feat, or when you charge.

Traits :
One WILL be Magical Talent (Prestidigitation) .... 'cause it is always like that.

Skills : will focus on survival and acrobatic then 2 others that will fit the concept (raising perception, climb, swim and intimidate ?)

Thanks in advance for your insight and advices !