PDA

View Full Version : [Eberron 3.5] The Dragonwood

RurouniKakita
2012-09-25, 05:28 PM
So the campaign I'm running has found the party venturing through the dragonwood to escape ambushes from the Emerald Claw who seem to have been hired by the Blood of Vol to retrieve the cargo of their caravan (artifact from Xen'Drik) that they are transporting to the tower of The Twelve in Korth. For some reason it can't go by magical means (Elemental Bound vehicles, teleport, etc).

Right now I have a small encounter table made up for random encounters that include things like Wolves (dire and regular), Bears, Owlbear, Bulettes, Sword of liberties camp, etc. What other skill type challenges obstacles could be included? The party is on mounts and have a wagon for the cargo and are around level 4.

The party consists of:
Warforged Warblade
Lesser Aasimer Cleric/Crusader/Paladin
Elf Scout
Halfling Druid (who just lost her Animal Companion in a fight)
Human Artificer
Human Bard
Human Ranger (NPC and caravan leader)

toapat
2012-09-25, 06:05 PM
just a quick note, the Emerald Claw cant be hired by the Blood of Vol, unless Vol herself declares the hit.

and if that is so, you have the party going to the wrong place to deliver the McGuffin

RurouniKakita
2012-09-25, 06:22 PM
just a quick note, the Emerald Claw cant be hired by the Blood of Vol, unless Vol herself declares the hit.

and if that is so, you have the party going to the wrong place to deliver the McGuffin

I know that and my players probably know that but the general populace of Eberron don't know of the connection between the two.

Kol Korran
2012-09-27, 02:38 AM
Some ideas:
- The dragonwood is mentioend in one book or another to have the druids that make the special wine that can heal in the Mournlands (forgot it's name). The party might meet such druids, for info, direction, or perhaps a bit of healing or even trade.

- a group of criminals on their way to the black pit, fancying the group's horses and carts. Might be persuaded not to fight through intimidate, bluff or diplomacy.

- displacer beasts.

- ankheg's ambush, trying to get a horse f\or two from underground, but mistaking the cart as well, getting it stuck.

- a small group or a tiny hamlet of shifters, that might offer a place to rest and protection. but the shifters are weary of travelers, especially well armed ones. They might need persuasion.

I hope this helps.