PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a lvl 20 3.5 character ideas

orpheus_76
2012-09-25, 07:05 PM
Hello this is my VERY first time posting anywhere, so please bare with me.

The campaign that I am looking to make a character for is going to be pvp.
I was thinking of doing something with traps. I will be creating them and lying them down and i will NOT have much time, maybe 5 minutes. I would like both mundane and magic traps.

So, i need ideas for race, class/classes, feats, what spells and a single cohort.

And I am limited to non specific setting books.

Thank you

Urpriest
2012-09-25, 07:25 PM
Pretty much the only way to do this is with Combat Trapsmith, Complete Scoundrel, and/or Trapsmith, Dungeonscape.

eggs
2012-09-25, 07:54 PM
Earthbound spell from the PHB2 lets you cast spells as traps. If you throw it on your Wizard, Sorcerer or Cleric build of choice, you'll be able to keep some high-level PvP force and pull all your trap shenanigans at the same time.

Randomguy
2012-09-25, 07:57 PM
Kobolds are great trapmakers. You could take the extraordinary trapsmith feat in races of the dragon to cut the cost of making traps by half.

For class, I suggest factotum (from dungeonscape), spellthief (from scomplete adventurer) or maybe rogue or beguiler. They all get a bunch of skill points and some magic (except rogue), so you can make magic traps if you want.

If you want to add some poison to your traps, invest some skill points into craft (poisonmaking) and check out the poison handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=4854.0).