PDA

View Full Version : Need help with me Cleric

dantiesilva
2012-09-25, 09:21 PM
So I am playing on a board here and have a cleric. At first I was thinking of maxing out all ways of turning, but then after just taking Contemplative and gaining the Time domain I found that I know longer need to go the DMM Persist route that I was previously going. So my question is what should I add to my character without loosing caster levels, that only make him stronger, and follows the theme of the character.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=437705

This is what I was thinking
Next level Radiant servant of Pelor for the Glory domain.
13. Church Inquisitor
14. Church Inquisitor
16. Radiant servant of Pelor

I was thinking human paragon for the next 3 levels and finishing of with

Sadly I do not know what to take for level 20. I am only allowed Core, and the complete series. So please playground help me out.

Perhaps PARAGNOSTIC APOSTLE and taking see through the veil to gain a bonus on all my turnn attempts as well as DCs against undead. Saying the game will at one point be very undead heavy.

Garwain
2012-09-26, 07:32 AM
The Contemplative gives you an extra domain from your deity or linked to your alignment. Pelor doesn't grant the Time domain.

If there will be more undead, you can't go wrong with more Radiant of Pelor.

For your abundance of Turn Attempts, consider the divine feats that are fueled by the turn attempts:
Discipline of the Sun(CD): spend an extra turn attempt to destroy undead instead of turning them.
Divine Cleansing(CW): Gain +2 sacred bonus on Fortitude saves.
Divine Metamagic(CD): Spend turn/rebuke attempts to enhance spells with a metamagic feat you know.
Divine Might(CW): Add Cha bonus to weapon damage.
Divine Resistance(CW): Gain resistance to cold 5, electricity 5, and fire 5.
Divine Shield(CW): Add Cha bonus as sacred bonus to your shield's defense.
Divine Spell Power(CD): Spend turn/rebuke attempts to increase your caster level.
Divine Vigor(CW): Increase base speed by 10 ft., gain +2 hp/level.
Domain Spontaneity(CD): Spend turn/rebuke attempt to spontaneously cast a domain spell.
Elemental Healing(CD): Spend turn/rebuke attempt to heal nearby elementals.
Elemental Smiting(CD): Spend turn/rebuke attempt to smite an elemental.
Glorious Weapons(CD): Allies' weapons gain an alignment for overcoming DR.
Profane Bonus(CD): Nearby inflict spells are maximized for 1 round.
Retrieve Spell(CC): Spend turn/rebuke attempts to regain a previously cast spell.
Sacred Boost(CD): Nearby cure spells are maximized for 1 round.
Sacred Healing(CD): Allies gain fast healing 3 for a short time.
Sacred Vengeance(CW): +2d6 points of damage on melee attacks against undead.
Spiritual Counter(CC): Spend turn/rebuke attempts to counterspell.
True Believer(CD): Gain a +3 bonus on one save each day.
list found here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070807)

dantiesilva
2012-09-26, 08:20 AM
DM is hand waving the time domain so that I can have it, at the time of creation we had no wizard, so I was the healbot, buffer, and battlefield control all at once, though it is become a little bit easier now with the ultimate magus inour group who doesn't like to fight.

Divine might and divine shield look very helpful as well as true believer, hopefully I gain A massive amount of xp to throw me over a two level gain because he allows you to buy feats with any excess xp.

I was thinking of taking chain spell so I can make everyone in the group get divine agility, and all my other buffs. Also since I am the party face I was thinking (only exception to the book rule was a few feats, and thats if they were beneficial to the group) nimbus of light and exalted turning saying I only have 3 feats left if I do not gain the excess xp. Though saying when the undead come I will be clearing the field for around 48 turns before I need to use a spell. I would have went with radiant servant of pelor some more but all that is left to gain from it is healing spells and loss of levels, because my next level in it grants me no ability if I were to go as follows. Same reason why i did not take another level of Church inquisitor.

dantiesilva
2012-09-27, 07:24 AM
So I guess no one thinks my idea is a bad one...? Odd.