PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with two costumes (M. Bison, and Shaggy from Scooby Doo).

Mystic Muse
2012-09-25, 09:49 PM
Well, I need a little help with two costumes. The Shaggy costume takes precedence as I'm using it at a Halloween party, and for trick or treating (Yes, I'm nearly twenty and I still trick or treat. I like free candy thankyewverymuch.:smalltongue:)

For the Shaggy Costume, I'm wondering what kind of props I should use, and how to expand on them a little better. I'm also not sure quite what color of hair dye I'll need (It needs to not be long lasting). My prop list so far consists of
-A little Scooby Doo Plushie
-A box of "Scooby Snacks" ((Need to find something to put in said box that looks like dog snacks but actually tastes good, or maybe just use it for trick or treating)).
-Possibly a small mystery machine thing.

M. Bison I'm putting together for Gencon next year, and...I have NO IDEA where to start. That I'm going to need a lot of help with, but isn't as much a priority as the Shaggy one, since it's almost another entire year for Gencon, but the Halloween party is in less than a month.

Winter_Wolf
2012-09-27, 07:43 AM
Well, I need a little help with two costumes. The Shaggy costume takes precedence as I'm using it at a Halloween party, and for trick or treating (Yes, I'm nearly twenty and I still trick or treat. I like free candy thankyewverymuch.:smalltongue:)

For the Shaggy Costume, I'm wondering what kind of props I should use, and how to expand on them a little better. I'm also not sure quite what color of hair dye I'll need (It needs to not be long lasting). My prop list so far consists of
-A little Scooby Doo Plushie
-A box of "Scooby Snacks" ((Need to find something to put in said box that looks like dog snacks but actually tastes good, or maybe just use it for trick or treating)).
-Possibly a small mystery machine thing.

Are you going as cartoon Shaggy or Matthew Lillard Shaggy (movie Shaggy)? Either way you're going to need something to emulate a scruffy, patchy beard (no mustache).

For Scooby snacks I'd go either animal crackers or cut up pieces of jerky into bite-sized bits. Make "Scooby Snacks" clearly visible, and don't forget the green t-shirt and corduroy bell-bottoms. If people still don't get it, well I feel bad for 'em.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-27, 08:18 PM
Are you going as cartoon Shaggy or Matthew Lillard Shaggy (movie Shaggy)? Either way you're going to need something to emulate a scruffy, patchy beard (no mustache). Either/or really. As for the beard, I have that covered.

For Scooby snacks I'd go either animal crackers or cut up pieces of jerky into bite-sized bits. Make "Scooby Snacks" clearly visible, and don't forget the green t-shirt and corduroy bell-bottoms. If people still don't get it, well I feel bad for 'em.

Cut up pieces of beef jerky would be good. Just need to find a good bag of the kind I like.

I'm definitely going to have the green shirt and brown bell-bottoms, don't worry.

Yeah, if people don't get it with the look, the outfit, the plush Scooby Doo, and the Scooby Snacks, then they're never going to get it. I was just wondering if I should add anything extra.

Traab
2012-09-27, 08:33 PM
Rent a van and make up a nicely painted slip cover you can place over it securely. I think you can guess what it should look like. Hopefully the party will be held in a place that will let them see you park your vehicle. :p

Joe the Rat
2012-09-28, 01:37 PM
Practice the walk. After the oversized, ill-fitting green T and scraggly Casey Kasem voice, that long, loping flop-foot gait is quite iconic. Get the head bob too.