PDA

View Full Version : Contingency on a Druid

demigodus
2012-09-25, 11:55 PM
Is there a way for a Druid to get contingency or anything similar? Be it via a feat I can pick up or some weird combination of spells?

All I can think of is Craft Contingent Spell.

Rubik
2012-09-26, 12:22 AM
Is there a way for a Druid to get contingency or anything similar? Be it via a feat I can pick up or some weird combination of spells?

All I can think of is Craft Contingent Spell.The Extra Spell feat.

eggs
2012-09-26, 12:40 AM
Kobold Domain's probably the easiest way without the generous Extra Spell implementation.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-09-26, 01:59 AM
1. Use any method of gaining a non-specific domain (Contemplative dip after gaining Kn: Religion as a class skill).
2. Pick a domain with Contingency (Time).
3. You can cast it 1/day, which should be more than sufficient given its duration.

You can accomplish 1. via Druid 9/ Seeker of the Misty Isle 1/ Contemplative 1/ Druid 9, as long as you get at least +1 skill point/level and put max cross-class ranks into Kn: Religion in those first nine levels. You could instead go Druid 8/ SotMI 2/ Contemplative, in which case you could even have a negative Int mod and still do it. You could also use Paragnostic Apostle, Divine Oracle, Ruathar, and many other prestige classes to get Kn: Religion as a class skill, but SotMI has six base skill points and gets you the Travel domain. If you don't want to dip for it, pick up Knowledge Devotion to get Kn: Religion instead.

1. Get max ranks in UMD, hopefully gain it as a class skill (Human Paragon 1, dip anything with Able Learner, etc.), have at least a +19 modifier 1/day.
2. Get a custom Runestaff (MIC p224) with any spells you want on it, regardless of what class list they're from (pick freely and even change its spells with Ancestral Relic).
3. Make a DC 20 UMD check when you prepare your spells to emulate-class-feature for any given spell list and attune yourself to the Runestaff, so you can use the Runestaff all day as though you had each of its spells on your own class spell list. You can now cast any of the spells it contains as though they were Druid spells, though with a daily limit on each individual spell. This actually works for any class in the game.

demigodus
2012-09-26, 02:53 PM
Didn't realize Contemplative let me choose from any domains. Thought it was only the domain of my god. That could work.

Well, knowledge religion shouldn't be an issue, given my build.

As for the runestaff, do you know if it appears in any other source books?

eggs
2012-09-26, 03:33 PM
Runestaffs were introduced in MIC, as far as I know.

If the problem with MIC is access, they're also included on the wotc page, (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ps/20070216a) but crafting rules are omitted.
(but they boil down to GP cost = Highest spell level^2*400+lower spell levels^2*200)

HunterOfJello
2012-09-26, 03:56 PM
Runestaffs only work for arcane spells. Find a way to make your druid spells arcane and you could do it. (i.e. Southern Magician might work)