PDA

View Full Version : Help with Item Crafter Wizard

Arakune
2012-09-26, 07:02 AM
I made a wizard with two flaws and need help in making a good build for him.

Already took the relevant item cost reducing feats on the first level, but I still have room for two more feats. What should I take?

What variant I can take? I managed to snatch a nice Domain for my domain wizard, and I plan to take Spontaneous Divination later, but what can I do with my familiar?

Should I keep my ability to summon familiar and take improved familiar in the future for something with hands? Or should I drop it completely?

hotjer
2012-09-26, 08:15 AM
The Complete Cost Reduction Handbook by Bastian with PlzBreakMyCampaign's Help
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7274.0

I guess that is what you are looking for. Enjoy cheap items.

Arakune
2012-09-26, 08:39 AM
Already took a look, but I can't take bind elemental at low levels yet, and I might get restrictions on Dragonshards availability in the future.

For the record, I'm still level three but I need to fill my first level feat slots.

hotjer
2012-09-26, 01:17 PM
So your feats and variants would be something like:

Feats: 2 human, 2 flaws, 1 lvl 3 = 5

1) Create Wonderous Items
2) Extraordinary artisan: -25% gold
3) Apprentice (craftsman): -10 gold, +2 craft skill
4) Favoured in guild (arcane): -5% gold, +2 on guild's associated skill
5) Legendary artisan: -25 xp

Magic Items - read this from DMG II. Might be useful.

Magic Item
This second method of transferring XP relies on an inexpensive magic item that anybody can
use. This method offers more security for the person transferring XP than it does for the creator
of a magic item.
Talisman of Transference
A talisman of transference is a conduit through which XP can be transferred for the purposes of
constructing an agreed upon magic item.
Lore: These devices were designed to protect creatures that commissioned magic items from
creators who spent their transferred XP and did not finish the contract or disappeared with the
completed product (Gather Information DC 20 or Knowledge [arcana] DC 10).
Description: A talisman of transference typically takes the shape of a bracer, periapt, or some
other form of jewelry worn against the skin.
Activation: As a standard action, a worn talisman of transference is brought into contact with the
raw material of an agreed upon magic item (for example, a cloak, sword, or wand) before
construction begins, with the wearer speaking the word "attach" to create a link. The worn
talisman of transference is then brought into contact with the creator after at least one day (8
hours) has been spent working on the magic item (but usually upon completion), speaking the
word "infuse" to complete the effect.
A talisman of transference can only form a connection with one raw material at a time. Speaking
the word "attach" while in contact with a new raw material erases the old link.
Effect: A talisman of transference transfers XP from the wearer to the person who constructed
the magic item, so long as the magic item was made from the original raw material to which this
device was linked. The wearer can transfer the entire or partial amount, though the wearer
cannot transfer more XP than was needed to construct the magic item. All the requirements for
transferring XP, compensating for XP, and sharing XP costs apply to using this device.
If the wearer refuses to transfer XP for the magic item, the creator can destroy the magic item,
thereby regaining any XP that was invested. The monetary investment, however, is still lost.
Aura/Caster Level: Faint universal. CL 1st.
Construction: Requires Craft Wondrous Item, transference spell, 100 gp, 16 XP, 1 day.
Weight: 1/2 lb.
Price: 200 gp.

I guess that is a good start?