PDA

View Full Version : Simple sorcerer questions

Spuddles
2012-09-26, 10:31 AM
Dextercorvia, I think it was, had a neat trick for knowing more spells as a sorcerer- take the apprentice feat and the mother cyst or a bloodline feat, and each time you get a new level of spells, you can trade out the useless cyst or bloodline spell for whatever you want.

Can you also do the same trick by virtue of leveling as a sorcerer, as at 4th and every two levels after they get to repick spells? For instance, at 6th level can you turn your 1st level bloodline spell into, say, grease?

If using heighten spell and versatile spellcaster, at 4th level can I trade in a 1st level instead of 0 level spell?

Is this trading in of spells due to sorcerer levels or sorcerer casting? That is, would a sorcerer5/mage of the arcane order 1 get to trade out a spell, or would I need 6 levels of sorcerer before I got to trade a spell known for another?

dextercorvia
2012-09-26, 11:02 AM
Dextercorvia, I think it was, had a neat trick for knowing more spells as a sorcerer- take the apprentice feat and the mother cyst or a bloodline feat, and each time you get a new level of spells, you can trade out the useless cyst or bloodline spell for whatever you want.

Can you also do the same trick by virtue of leveling as a sorcerer, as at 4th and every two levels after they get to repick spells? For instance, at 6th level can you turn your 1st level bloodline spell into, say, grease?

If using heighten spell and versatile spellcaster, at 4th level can I trade in a 1st level instead of 0 level spell?

Is this trading in of spells due to sorcerer levels or sorcerer casting? That is, would a sorcerer5/mage of the arcane order 1 get to trade out a spell, or would I need 6 levels of sorcerer before I got to trade a spell known for another?

The answer to your first two questions is yes. I use Aprrentice: Spellcaster, because it lets me trade out more spells (and most good sorcerer guides are already recommending trades at those levels like sleep for mage armor, etc).

The answer to your last question is debatable, but I would lean toward sorcerer casting. It is part of their spells known mechanic.