PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] What Creature type is this character???

HunterOfJello
2012-09-26, 06:00 PM
A kobold creature is born with the Unseelie Fey template. The character also takes the Dragonwrought feat at 1st level.

Unseelie Fey would make the character a Fey with the Kobold subtype, but Dragonwrought makes the character a Dragon with the Kobold subtype. So, what type does the character walk away with and does he have an augmented subtype from the type he lost?

~
Note: this isn't super important for the character in question because he later gets the Outsider type, which I assume trumps the rest. I'm really just very curious.

mattie_p
2012-09-26, 06:09 PM
Dragon type (feat acquired after template, and over-writes it, both by being acquired later as well as via the SS type pyramid), and becomes dragon (augmented fey, humanoid) (reptilian subtype)

Malkav
2012-09-26, 06:12 PM
Small Dragon (Fey)
?

HunterOfJello
2012-09-26, 06:32 PM
Dragon type (feat acquired after template, and over-writes it, both by being acquired later as well as via the SS type pyramid), and becomes dragon (augmented fey, humanoid) (reptilian subtype)

Ah, that makes sense. I also feel kinda dumb now. I had thought Fey and Dragon were on the same level of the pyramid.

That makes sense now. Later, when the character gets the Outsider type, that also becomes his main type because that's highest on the pyramid. Not needing to eat or sleep is cool, although still having to breath kinda sucks.

I need to go look at the types and subtypes web article to remember how augmented types work.