PDA

View Full Version : extra attacks - alternative ways

hotjer
2012-09-26, 08:36 PM
I was wondering if there are any other ways of getting an extra attack besides from:

TWF
Base attack (duh)
Celerity
Wish/TIme stop
Attack of Opportunity feats

I guess there is probably some maneuvers but I am not aware of them. Is there a complete list somewhere?

Doxkid
2012-09-26, 08:44 PM
Natural attacks
Haste
Extra arms

kardar233
2012-09-26, 08:51 PM
Sakkratar's Triplestrike from LEoF gives two bonus attacks on a full attack that don't stack with Haste.

AmberVael
2012-09-26, 08:56 PM
I would list some ways...

But I can't do any better than Person_Man's extra attack list. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127463)

It is truly massive.

Feralventas
2012-09-26, 09:06 PM
Avalanche of Blades: Diamond Mind Maneuver, Tome of Battle.
Make An attack.
Do you hit? y/n
if y, Make An Attack
If n, stop.

Continue until n.

Basically keep hitting as long as you can hit. Each subsequent attack is at a -5, but at level 20 with a full BAB class, +5 weapon, +10 strength, +2 weapon focus, a natural 2 can hit a 39 on the first hit, and assuming a 10, 47, 42, 37, 32, 27, and maybe 22 on a low AC target.

(Values 5 higher on a level 20 PF Fighter due to weapon training).

Not to mention the potential this has with high crit-range weapons or touch-attack weapons like Eldritch Glaive or Brilliant Energy weapons.

hotjer
2012-09-26, 09:07 PM
I would list some ways...

But I can't do any better than Person_Man's extra attack list. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127463)

It is truly massive.

Thanks a lot :D

Amidus Drexel
2012-09-26, 09:41 PM
Avalanche of Blades: Diamond Mind Maneuver, Tome of Battle.
Make An attack.
Do you hit? y/n
if y, Make An Attack
If n, stop.

Continue until n.

Basically keep hitting as long as you can hit. Each subsequent attack is at a -5, but at level 20 with a full BAB class, +5 weapon, +10 strength, +2 weapon focus, a natural 2 can hit a 39 on the first hit, and assuming a 10, 47, 42, 37, 32, 27, and maybe 22 on a low AC target.

(Values 5 higher on a level 20 PF Fighter due to weapon training).

Not to mention the potential this has with high crit-range weapons or touch-attack weapons like Eldritch Glaive or Brilliant Energy weapons.

I'm pretty sure each successive attack is at an additional -4, not -5. Also, avalanche of blades with the wolf pack tactics stance is pretty funny. You literally can run circles around your opponent.

ThiagoMartell
2012-09-27, 01:19 AM
Person Man's list is missing Planar Touchstone (oxyrynchus) (Planar Handbook) and Eagle Claw Fury (Sandstorm) feats, Blade of Orien class (Dragonmarked), familiar + Snake's Swiftness or Shou Disciple (flurry better a monk's). But yes, it's massive and pretty much complete.

Hirax
2012-09-27, 01:29 AM
Shapechanging into a chronotyryn has the nice side effect of giving you two swift actions per turn, and swift actions are quite hard to come by. I believe the only other sources of swift actions are Synads (XPH), and Ruby Knight Vindicators (ToB). A wizard5/incantatrix4/swiftblade9/mindbender1/loremaster1 could easily be getting 2 swift, 3 standard, and 2 move actions per turn, on top of being able to cast celerity and time stop. And each round in time stop they'd get that full complement of actions, so if they used a maximize rod when casting it, they'd get a total of 10 swift, 15 standard, and 10 move actions.

Twilightwyrm
2012-09-27, 02:25 AM
So many ToB maneuvers. I'll add ones not on Person Man's List, but that effectively grant extra attacks:

Wolf Fang Strike (lets get an off hand attack as a standard action, even w/o TWF)
Adamantine Hurricane (Two attacks against each foe you threaten at highest BAB)
Lightning Recovery (Effectively a free extra attack against any foe you miss)
Steel Wind (Attack two enemies as a standard action)
Mithral Tornado (One attack against each foe you threaten at +2)
Scything Blade (Free attack against an additional foe if you hit the first one)
Pouncing Charge (Assuming you consider the pounce ability free attacks)
Prey on the Weak (Gives you an AoO against any opponent you threaten, whenever a foe within 10 feet of you drops to -1 or lower)
Shadow Blade Technique (Gives an extra attack...sort of. You roll twice and choose which roll to take. If you take the lower, and it still hits your opponent, you deal extra cold damage.)