PDA

View Full Version : (PF) Help with a build please

Sajiri
2012-09-26, 10:03 PM
After posting my pathfinderization of Fochlucan Lyrist (Link in signature) a few weeks ago, I've been dying to try it out, but considering I already have a magus in our current campaign, it seems it wont happen until our next campaign (or if my magus dies).

In the meantime for fun though, I thought I'd try making one to see how far I could take it. What I have so far is..

Race: Houri (Elf/Nymph from bastards&bloodlines, significantly downpowered) There may be something better, but I like the flavour of this race/class combo. If there's anything similar that could work, I'm open to suggestions.

Type: Fey
Size: Medium
Base Speed: Normal
Ability Score Modifiers: +4 Cha, +2 Dex, -2 Str
Languages: Common, Sylvan, additional languages based on Int bonus- elven, aquan, draconic, terran, celestial, auran, treant
Racial Traits: Low-light vision
Once per day, can cast Entangle and Barkskin
+2 Racial bonus on saving throws against disease, ingested poisons, and becoming nauseated or sickened

This is a standard 10RP race using the race creation rules from ARG.

83 points for stats, 18 max/10 min before racial bonuses. This is subject to change of course, only using these numbers for now as its the total of my current characters stats (which is how I'd gotten the stats for said character to begin with too)

All paizo content is allowed, 3.5 is generally allowed so long as it's cleared with DM first, some homebrew/3rd party is okay if DM allows it too, but I'd rather avoid anymore if possible.

The build I'm leaning for so far is druid1/bard1/sorc5/FL10/MysticTheurge3(?).
This is going with sorcerer casting is better than bard casting, but another option is to replace the sorcerer levels with Green Whisperer to advance both bard and druid at once instead. I'm not particularly well versed with all the PrCs out there though (or really even how all the base classes work(including 3.5)) so I'm open to other suggestions.

The giant's Fey Blood (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10546562&postcount=11) feat to replace WIS with CHA for druid casting was okay'd.

The idea I have for the character, is a talker, caster, and also make use of Handle Animal (I really liked the Handle Animal Guide (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871522/The_Handle_Animal_Guide)). Obviously it's highest stat would be CHA, however with all the skills I could see it using, Int would probably be a close second, so switching sorcerer with an int based caster wouldn't be bad, though I usually prefer spontaneous casters.

I'm not interested in wildshaping with this character, so building it to include that in any way doesn't appeal to me.

How it plays exactly would depend on the others in the group I end up with for it though, since Im sort of viewing it in my head as doing a bit of everything, but I don't want to step on the toes of any other PC.

When it comes to feats, or a general playstyle is where I'm stuck. I liked the idea of using bows too, but I think it's pushing it in how much is possible for one character.