PDA

View Full Version : Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

The Big Orc
2012-09-27, 12:10 AM
As the zombies run off, the woman puts a hand on her neck and suddenly her wounds don't seem so bad. "Thank you for your help, we would have been over run had you not come."
Two human men exit the northeastern building in the square, and a large burly boy comes from the southeastern shop, replacing the barricades on the door as he exits. The three of them work with the woman to repair the street barricades against future zombie incursions.

Description of northeastern building
A mutter of voices, a clatter of dishware, and the squeal of a poorly played wind instrument usher from this rambling building. A sign hanging precariously askew reads, "Blood on the Vine Tavern." A thin vein of smoke curls up from a wide chimney.
As you look closer, you notice the n in on, used to be a f.
Description of southeastern building
Sparse light gleams from gaps in the boarded up windows of this building. A sign over the door creaks on its hinges, proclaiming, "Bildrath's Mercantile"

Nothing other than well worn clothing was found on the slain zombies.

petagee
2012-09-27, 03:39 PM
I move towards the Paladin and begin to speak with her "Hail Divine knight, Shepherd and Guardian of the threatened and lost. Your courage and valiance has shone through this day. Pelor smiles on us indeed. Tell me, for I must know: how came Borovia to such a state of turmoil? How many remain among the living and what state are they in? How fares this, our outpost, in this dark city? I must know forthwith for I have a great task before me set out by the divine light and methinks the state of the citizenry of Borovia will be essential in this quest.

Further, where is the mayor? Has he and his wife survived the onslaught and is her health as dismal as was suggested in the letter sent to us?"

The Big Orc
2012-09-27, 05:45 PM
Continuing to work as she talks, "There are around a hundred men and women in the tavern. This is the first time the zombies have breached the barricades. My companions, Thendrick, faithful servant of Pelor, and Mathilda, a fighter of great renown, wanted to check out the church to the northwest. The townsfolk believe that's where the zombies arise. Everyone told them to talk to Madam Eva first - she's some sort of wise woman who lives west of town, the same one who apparently knows about the sunsword," she walks towards the well and begins pulling a bucket up, "But they wouldn't listen, the arrogant clods. They went to the church, confident they could handle whatever they found without needing advice," she takes a long draught from the bucket before offering it around, "That was three days ago. I haven't heard from them since, and haven't been able to venture beyond this square. As for the burgomaster, I have not heard what has happened to him," taking the bucket back, she dumps the rest over her head. "He isn't here, and no word has been heard of if he escaped from his home to the south, or whether they managed to keep it barricaded. We have heard nothing from anyone these past two weeks. If you're here to destroy zombies, our aims likely coincide. Will you help me find my companions, escape town, and talk to Madam Eva?" she looks at you, desperation showing in her eyes with the last question.

petagee
2012-09-27, 06:14 PM
I smile kindly at her, "Of course, how could a disciple of Pelor refuse aid to those in such desperate need of his recourse. I should see the light of Pelor shine through these dark times and bring light and happiness back to these sad people.

"I have some kind words I would like to share with the people here. I would humbly ask that all those able could join us outside as soon as possible. I believe that it is vital that they see that the light has not abandoned them to the thrall of the darkness." I say looking away with eyes that glow with painful nostalgia. I then look back and smile warmly.

Rofltrollcopter
2012-09-27, 08:55 PM
DM only:

spot check on cleric, to see how he is dealing with the aftereffects of the battle (e.g. bleeding, winded etc) and any other strange things out of place
1d20+11 I can't get it to work, can you just tell me the result?

If the cleric successfully gets an audience, I will un-wildshape and say to the cleric that would not be a good idea right now...

The fleshraker glances around warily and begins the slow process of scratching messages into the earth Not.. time.. to.. talk..more... coming...? while pointing at the zombies

Daphoa
2012-09-29, 11:03 AM
During these escapades, I stand and watch the builders reconstructing the barricade.

Noticing the fleshraker's scratching, I interrupt the exchange with the Paladin. "The beast's concern is not unjustified. Pray tell me Lightbringer, are the undead of pressing concern, or can we afford some rest?" I ask with some urgency.

petagee
2012-09-29, 11:25 AM
I look straight into the eyes of Adolamin and speak with great conviction We are fighting more than undead here; we are fighting against despair, against those thoughts that drive men to abandon their convictions and their drive to fight back. These thoughts fester and grow in such conditions. They must all see this great victory. They all must see how the light has banished the darkness this day. They must see their heroes bloody and battled scarred and victorious! This day we shall harden those men and women that the undead shall cower in their wake, tremble before their thunderous battle cries and flee before the fiery fervor in their eyes as they charge their lines. They sit inside, helpless and defenseless. We heroes shall make heroes of them this day, banish the darkness in their minds and then banish the darkness that infects this city.

The Big Orc
2012-09-29, 01:42 PM
Dan
If he has taken any battle wounds (I cant remember) they look normal.

"While the barricades are up, it is safe to rest, however we must be ready at a moments notice should they breach them again. I can try and convince the people to come out, however they are unlikely to exit until the infection is stopped. Many of them are superstitious, which leads them to believe crazy stories about how the infection can be spread. It may be wiser to let them stay in the buildings, and go to them individually if you wish to attempt to brighten their spirits."

Rofltrollcopter
2012-09-29, 03:52 PM
The fleshraker snorts at the bard's commentEach... beast... in... own... way....

The fleshraker glares at the cleric and scratches Need... save... bodies... before... souls...

At the paladin's response, he relaxes slightly and adds Our... (unintelligible)... to.. help... What... does... Eva... know... why... you... care?

petagee
2012-09-29, 07:25 PM
To the Paladin No matter, I will go to them. Remain vigilant my friends for they indeed may return and I will come at a moment's notice. For now, my divine services are perhaps best utilized by the townsfolk.

Methinks we need stay here at least one day to rest and recover. We must cure those among us afflicted and aid those here as much as we can before departing even temporarily. Then, we must discuss our next move.

For now, Eva, could you join me inside. There is something of great import that I must you about.

I walk towards the Blood on the Vine Tavern and motion for Eva to join me.

DM
To Eva I would ask you if you have any news of the Holy Symbol of Ravenkind. The Clergy of Pelor in Iereva seek it's power in their fight against the Necromancers in the east. I have been sent on a mission to recover it. Please tell me you know something of it.

Rofltrollcopter
2012-09-29, 11:32 PM
Continuing to work as she talks, . Everyone told them to talk to Madam Eva first - she's some sort of wise woman who lives west of town

For now, Eva, could you join me inside. There is something of great import that I must you about.

^I Don't think that works

WyvernBlade
2012-09-30, 10:18 AM
Ryan Snow says to the Paladin, "You say that the towns folk believe strange tales of how this disease is spread, so how is this spread and what is its origin? We have discovered that coming in direct contact with the undead and then proceeding to die can cause one to turn undead, but are there other methods to become diseased?"

The Big Orc
2012-09-30, 10:25 PM
"We do not yet know how the disease spreads other than contact. As I mentioned, the zombies first arose from the church," she replies to Ryan. As Revin uses the wrong name on a woman who has not given out a name, "My name is Ashlyn the Lightbringer, Madame Eva is the soothsayer to the west. And I must prepare more defenses." Spotting the scratching in the sand, "It is said Eva can know all, and that one must ask the right question. And why do I care about what?"

Revin cries out in pain, and falls to the ground.

Peter
A bout of agony fills your body, Why are you acting as you do? You are an agent of Nerull, and though acting like one might get you killed here, that is no reason to act like one of Pelor's mindless servants, a voice you recognize only to well as Head Necromancer Kylar, If you must aid these people, do it quickly. The infection here is not of our doing, and the land of Barovia could use the influence of Nerull while you are at it. The pain recedes.

Rofltrollcopter
2012-09-30, 10:47 PM
Heal check on Revan to determine whats going on

1d20 + 9
Rolling dice at home, I got a 16
16 + 9 = 25
If I can't determine a specific cause I will cast cure minor wounds

The Big Orc
2012-10-01, 12:44 AM
You cannot determine a cause

petagee
2012-10-01, 11:17 AM
In response to Dan's touch I cry out, GET AWAY!! I start to my feet and move away from him. I then calm down a little and regain my composure Please leave me, I'm fine, really. Thank you for your aid Myrrdin but really, my health is not compromised. I will begin scouting the area; do not expect me back for some time.

I move swiftly to leave the outpost.

DM
Can I communicate with Kylar via this internal link or is it only one way?

The Big Orc
2012-10-01, 04:10 PM
Peter
During the connection, and for a minute after, you knew that Kylar could hear your thoughts. This is the first time he has used this method to communicate with you.
If you let Kylar know immediately that you have more to say, he continues the connection, minus the pain. The pain seems to only be right at the start of the connection.

Rofltrollcopter
2012-10-01, 04:46 PM
@DM
Time for the million dollar question, is the cleric Undead?

Based on the fact that I cast a cure spell on him, and I got a good look at him with a heal check, which should allow me to diagnose his basic vitals e.g. breathing, blood flow based on complexion, if he was having a seizure or heart attack, if he was salivating or foaming at the mouth, if he was displaying symptoms of shock etc.

If the answer is yes, I will NOT force a pvp

If Peter insists on starting something...
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/387/284/9fe.jpg

Or if Peter tries to cast a spell, my dog will dimension door behind him and bite his ass

@Bard
when he unwildshapes Myrddin whispers "I will try to prevent violence to the creature, prepare yourself if I do not succeed"

The fleshraker stares shocked at his talon for a second, and then his form contorts and mutates until it resembles the unkempt man in ragged clothing the party had previously met

He maneuvers around Revan and blocks his path with his plain looking wooden walking stick. He starts speaking in a strained and angry tone:

Now is NOT the time for this sort amateur hour, lone wolf BULL****. In case there is still SOME sense that has not deserted that skull of yours. We are IN A TOWN crawling with ZOMBIES. what would you do if you had another episode? Asking them politely NOT TO KILL YOU? Do you seriously expect any of us to believe that randomly SCREAMING IN PAIN is NORMAL? If you care at all for these people, you have a DUTY to make sure that your taken care of. IF your died, you can do NOTHING for those who need you. You are going to go back, and get yourself looked after.
NO ONE ELSE IS DYING HERE ON MY WATCH , DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME!

Myrddin calms down, the anger leaving his voice, leaving him weary and resigned.

You have proven yourself a worthy and capable comrade agianst these undead, but there are still corpse eaters, Varguille, and who knows what else still around. I am deeply sorry that I could not discover what ails you, but there should some healer in this town more capable then myself who may be able to assist you. We are all tired, we should take the time to rest, recover, and provide what aid we can.

Myddin turns to the paladin. Honored Lightbringer, would it be possible for the town to put us up for the night. My cousin, Leroy perished in battle today. If possible, I would like to have the local priests perform his last rites to guide him on his final journey. I have some skills as a healer. In the name of Phieren I pledge to provide all of the help that I can to the people of Barovia

petagee
2012-10-01, 05:03 PM
@Dan and Ian

It is spelled Revan, just an FYI, just like KOTOR :P

WyvernBlade
2012-10-01, 06:05 PM
DM
I cast detect magic and share it with my bat. We both inspect Revan.

"Yes I am growing weary and would enjoy a good nights rest. Ashlyn is there room for us in the Blood on the Vine?
... OH i have a sudden need to relieve my bladder" Runs around corner and sounds of fumbling of clothing then a loud sigh.
DM
I cast detect thoughts so my bat can listen to Revans thoughts and have it follow Revan. It has a +14 in hide +6 in move silent, is diminutive and its dark grey and its a dark cloudy night.

WyvernBlade
2012-10-01, 06:36 PM
... a few seconds later Ryan walks back around the corner. Man that was a good one.

petagee
2012-10-01, 06:50 PM
Revan's uncomfortable expression of panic softens and he replies to Myrddin in a calm voice Yes, of course.... Please forgive my rashness, your level head now could have been the difference between my life and death. Thank you. As for my fit, like we discussed before: we all bear the burdens of our past, and such is my burden and I must bear it alone. Please think nothing of it. For now, let us finish reconstructing the fortifications and set a watch for the night. I will speak with the townsfolk tomorrow. There is still much to be done as is before we may rest for the night.

DM
To Kylar I respond internally, My Dark Overlord, forgive my over zealous facade. I will show them how empty such promises of the light are, and the power Nerull possesses and bestows upon his servants. The Paladin may prove useful and I require her trust to glean what she knows about the symbol. Then I will make swift to kill her and other servants of Pelor that stand in my way. I care nothing for these pathetic, diseased people but to use them as leverage, and their trust too could be used, both for my quest and the greater power of Nerull.

Rofltrollcopter
2012-10-01, 07:58 PM
Myrddin frowns, not satisfied with the answer Revan has provided. Very well. But such burdens cannot be dealt with on their own. If you have something you wish to share, you find in me a sympathetic ear. Nothing in this place is as at seems. Even in the dark places of the world there is a chance for new life to grow

Myrddin's voice drops to whisper

@cleric
His tone becomes as cold as the heart of winter "but there is one constant here: accident or not. if you cause any more harm to those I have taken under my protection, the only solace you will find from my wrath is Damnation"

His voice returns to its normal volume and he turns to the rest of the group and is totally not a retcon!

Ryan, would you help me retrieve my cousin's body? I would like to see he is taken care before the beasts find him

WyvernBlade
2012-10-01, 08:24 PM
Ehh what are you saying druid I can't here. Ryan moves closer so that he can here what the druid is saying.

Rofltrollcopter
2012-10-01, 08:50 PM
^fixed it there :roach:

Daphoa
2012-10-01, 10:17 PM
Adolamin abruptly raises his head in shock.

"My apologizes all. There was an unexpected complication, and I am fairly certain it won't happen again."

"Now, how shall we move forward?"

@DM

I have been utilizing my magic amulet to receive a surprise call from the king. I probably should've mentioned this, but I cast Nystal's Magic Aura on the amulet this morning... Sorry about that.

Rofltrollcopter
2012-10-01, 10:22 PM
Myrddin raises a quizzical eyebrow at the bard How so?

The Big Orc
2012-10-02, 12:47 AM
OOC: Yay, lots of progress, lots to respond to! Also, if everyone could list all protections they have (including save modifiers, ac, immunities, magical protection, etc) either in a spoiler or in a facebook message so that I can deal with some actions faster. If its not to much trouble, spell save dc's, spot and listen modifiers, etc would also be of use in speeding up the game. Thanks

Dan
Will save please
Revan did seem to be harmed by the cure spell. He is not undead, but he does not appear to be fully alive either
You have no idea why he was in pain in the first place
Peter
Will save please, also you took 1 damage from Dan's cure spell
The connection fades with a quiet, Do not fail me.
Also, with your list of protections, could you list exactly what the 2 feats do? thanks
Jan
What is the save DC on Detect Thoughts (aka, your save DC for a second level spell)?
Also, you should have heard the list of magical effects on Peter before from when EVERYONE cast detect magic, if you forgot, just ask Peter for the list of detectable magical effects on him
Aaron
Will save please
All good as talked about at snack. Just felt like you should have a spoiler too :D

As Revan hits the ground, Ashlyn closes her eyes only to re-open them burning a bright white. As quickly as the light had come from them, it had faded. She looks at Revan, clearly troubled.

Seemingly shocked when Myrrdin starts talking to her, "Hmm, sorry? Oh, yes, there is some space in the Blood on the Vine, however, it will be cramped and it will be the floor. The town's priest is not here, he is either at the church, somewhere else in the town or dead. If he has survived, I am sure he would be more than happy to perform them if we can find him. However, if it is pressing that the rites be done tonight, I have been trained to perform the rites and would be honored to perform them for your cousin." Smiling at the offer of help, "And Barovia will need all of the help it can get. May I suggest leaving for the church at first light? If that is in fact where the infection is spreading from, it seems the logical first choice to investigate. Also, we may find my companions, and they would prove valuable aid. If you require healing, I will help however I can."

WyvernBlade
2012-10-02, 01:03 AM
DM
I was wondering if there was anything new, specifically a cause to his sudden pain when i cast detect magic.
save dc against my second lvl spells are 17
I have 21 ac (includes everythins)
protection from evil, mage armour, bracers and ring of protection +1, ammulate of natural armour +1.
Spot 2
Listen 5
Fortitude 4
reflex 4
will 5

Yes, Myrddin I will help you recover your cousins body. Shall we wait till the morrow or would you prefer to go now?

Daphoa
2012-10-02, 10:26 AM
As a quick aside to Myrddin - "It is not relevant, though I can assure you that truly no harm shall come of it".

"I strongly suggest that we wait 'til morrow. The way around the city is undoubtedly barred by undead, and rest shall make us ready for the hard day tomorrow."

"Also, Myrddin, though I understand the sentiment for your brother, I am hesitant to head to the church immediately, lest we fall to the same demise as Thendrick and Mathilda. Let us determine the reputation of this Madame Eva first, and then we can discuss the wisest course of action."

@DM

Will save:[roll0]
Modifiers:
Will +6, Reflex +6, Fort +2
Spot +1, Listen +1
AC 16

petagee
2012-10-02, 12:10 PM
I look to Adolamin Yes, that seems prudent. Methinks the church bears some great ill. We should go armed with the most knowledge possible to face this threat. First to Madama Eva methinks. Let us conclude our business here and I will take first watch. I am not too weary yet. Myrrdin, would you join me on first watch. I have something to discuss with you.

I am fine to perform the ceremonies now with Ashlyn if you would prefer Myrrdin. His soul deserves solace as do we all this night. The day has been long and difficult with another of it's kind to follow.

Daphoa
2012-10-02, 12:46 PM
Adomlin hesitantly nods.

"Your proposition is acceptable - should Myrddin agree."

Turning to the Lightbringer, Adomlin begins his request. "Ashlyn, if it should not be too much trouble, I would appreciate introductions to some of the native residences. I would like to meet some of them, and I invite Ryan to join us."

@Myrddin

At the next point of convenience, Adomlin whispers to Myrddin.

"I am not certain of your opinion of Revan, but I for one am still hesitant to trust him. Call for me if you require assistance. While I may not be of large use in conflict, I am confident my support would not be without use."

The Big Orc
2012-10-02, 02:30 PM
"Yes, of course I can introduce you to the locals. However, tomorrow I leave for the church, I must find out what has happened to my companions. I wish you luck in your trek to Madame Eva's."

Ashlyn guides Ryan and Adolamin into the tavern. Inside the main room, most of the tables are packed with families. "There behind the bar, that is Arik, the barkeep. At the back there," she points to a man sitting alone, sipping at a goblet of wine, "Is Ismark the Lesser. He is the burgomaster's son. You said you had business with the burgomaster? He would be the one to talk too." As Ashlyn takes you around and introduces you to the various families, you notice that she is avoiding a table with three men. You recognize two of them as the men who helped rebuild the barricade. She then takes you back, into the guest rooms that are even more crowded, and continues to introduce you.

Jan
You did not notice anything new with detect magic when Peter fell to the ground. Also, I will start posting anything you gain from detect thoughts in these spoilers, as well as who you gain it from.

Daphoa
2012-10-02, 03:42 PM
@Ryan
As we walk around the common room I whisper to Ryan: "Perchance have you activated some sort of magic detection spell? I would be very interested in such knowledge and am prepared to cast one myself should it lack redundancy."

Rofltrollcopter
2012-10-02, 05:39 PM
@Adolamin

I agree, we cannot trust him. We must deal with this death-priest at the first opportunity. Here, with innocents around, and with the town crawling with his potential minions, is not the right place. I will try to convince the sorcerer to aid us. If we depart for Eva's and get away from the city, then we will deal with him.

WyvernBlade
2012-10-02, 05:44 PM
Adolamin
Yes I have indeed cast a magic detection spell. Would you like me to look for something specific?
To Adolamin: I would like to speak to Ismark the Lesser but I think it would be prudent to learn more about him before we approach him directly.
Ryan goes to Arik and starts a conversation intending to learn more about Ismark the Lesser.

Rofltrollcopter
2012-10-02, 05:53 PM
Myrddin relaxes agianst the side of one of the building, and waits for Ryan and Ashlyn to finish their business in the inn.

When Revan offers to assist in the funeral, Myrddin's eyes flash with anger and tension returns to his frame.

I would greatly prefer it if only Ashlyn, as a Barovian from the same community as my cousin, performed the rites. Once I have seen to his funeral I will join you on watch for the night.

@DM

Will save: 13 + 8 + 1 if provoked by spell

how do you get the dice to work? 1d20 gives me [roll0]

Also, at the first convenient point between now and when we all rest for the night, I try to find Ashlyn in private, away from the party and talk to her.

Hello agian, Lightbringer. I apologize for not introducing myself properly earlier. I am Myrddin, Exalted Druid in service to Phieren. I am here on a mission for the forces of good. Would you know of the location of any libraries, archives, or ruins in Barovia? Or perhaps someone who would know of such things? Also, if you know of any other druids or druids' circles in the region, I would like to know of them.

I suspect you already know this, but I would strongly advise you not to trust the cleric. He is no priest of Pelor, and I doubt whatever god he serves acts in the interest of Barovia. I personally witnessed him command some of the undead as if he were their master. Myself and the rest of the party will discern his true intentions and deal with him. We will not confront him in the town, due to the risk it may pose to those you are protecting.

I have one last request, I have sworn a sacred vow of poverty, and as such I have forsworn all material possessions in order to seek enlightenment. Dark days are coming, and some of the more powerful spells at my disposal require components of material value. I beg from you, would you be willing to bless one of my waterskins, such that it contains holy water? Also, could you provide two 50gp quartz gemstones? I would ask that you would not do this as a gift to me, but an offering up to forces of good, that it is my burden and duty to see used to their end

Rofltrollcopter
2012-10-02, 05:56 PM
@Jan

Is it okay If i go ahead and write some posts about retrieving Leroy's body? I just don't want to stall the plot

Daphoa
2012-10-02, 06:11 PM
@Ryan
"Not currently, I ask only that you keep vigilant. I wish to be certain there are none who are withholding dark secrets."

Adolamin follows Ryan up to the barkeeper and attempts to begin a casual conversation.

"Greetings barkeep. How does thee fair in these troubled times?"

OOC:
I would like to warm him up to me. If it's allowed I'll make a Diplomacy check to do so [roll0]

Also @Dan: I realize it wasn't directed at me, but I have no problems with it. I don't currently have intentions to head outside in the near future.

petagee
2012-10-02, 07:43 PM
@Ashlyn

If you will not consent to visit Eva first and insist on visiting the church tomorrow we should all go together. We needn't lose any more brave heroes as we have already today. Nodding to Myrrdin I will, for one, accompany you to the church. Though I do insist we meet with Madama Eva with all swiftness.
@Myrrdin

With a slight bow, Very well, do as you wish. I wish your cousin a peaceful rest. I will speak with you presently.

As I walk away, I fiddle with my armour a little and with a quick flick of the wrist, the whole set of armour falls off and slumps to the ground. I pick it up and rest it beside one of the buildings. I then proceed to climb onto one of the more accessible nearby buildings, using the barricades to boost me up. I then begin looking around for any threats and a better place to scout.

Rofltrollcopter
2012-10-02, 09:30 PM
Seeing himself alone in the courtyard, Myrddin glances up at the retreating Riven. He mutters under his breath

Scouting mission my ass

When Ryan eventually returns from the inn, Myrddin starts crawling over the barricade and beckons him to follow.

@Ryan
When they are far enough away from the compound, Myrddin starts talking to Ryan. I would strongly advise you not to trust the cleric. Myself and the bard are planning on confronting him tomorrow. We will deal with him then, one way or another. In the meantime, I would advise you to have your bat shadow him, to make sure does not do anything nefarious

@DM When I am alone in the courtyard, I tell my Blink Dog to shadow Riven, by using Dimension Door and Blink stay out of sight. I tell him not to engage him or any other creature, and if he starts doing anything suspicious to return and inform me immediately (He's got an int of 10, so I think he can understand commands that complex)

(Does anything happen on the way to the body?)

The Big Orc
2012-10-06, 11:45 AM
The rescue mission of Leeroy's body goes fine.

Adolamin and Ryan
The bartender looks around at all of the bodies in his tavern, "My tavern is packed and I am not making a profit off of it for the first time," he laughs a bit, "Ah, we all need a little humor in these dark times. Anyways, I need to keep these people fed so I would direct questions to Ismark unless they are things that only I could answer, such as what small bit of floor is not yet occupied at night."

Revan
"Thank you for coming with me tomorrow, I fear that my companions will not last long, if they have lasted until now," whispering into your ear, Ashlyn says,
"Choose your path wisely for there are many forces of good still at work here and should you stray or betray them, they will hunt you with a vengeance. I know that temptation guides you as much as redemption does but let good flow through you so that all will know that you aided, not destroyed, the world."

Myrrdin
"Hello Myrrdin, may the light guide your steps. The only place that might contain what you seek would be Castle Ravenloft. However, the townsfolk seem terrified of it and when my companions and I went to see it, I must say a feeling of dread washed over us as well. If she is as wise as the townsfolk claim, perhaps Madame Eva knows were you could find what you are looking for. As for druids, the only ones in the area have gone insane. We tried to contact the elves in the woods but they attacked us with a group of wolves when we entered there territory." At the mention of the priest, she pauses and looks into the distance troubled, "Keep a close eye on him, but I do not believes he means you or the land harm. A difficult choice approaches for him and it is one he must make on his own." As you offer her your waterskin, she pulls a pouch off her belt, pulls a sprinkle of a silverish dust, and whispers a few indecipherable words as she releases it into the water. "That should do. I will see if I can acquire a pair of the gemstones for you by tomorrow. Would it be too much to ask what your mission is? Perhaps the Lightbringer's may be of service."

As fog falls over the square, Ashlyn brings those who would leave the tavern to the center of the town, where beside the well is a large pyre. She is dressed not in the armor of war but in the robes of a priest. Once everyone has gathered, two large men carry a limp form, dressed in a red tunic, decorated with several silver tassels, from the tavern to the pyre and place Leeroy Jenkins gently ontop of the wood. "As we gather here today, we mourn the loss of a friend and family member. Yet we also celebrate the life of Leeroy Jenkins, who died a hero fighting the undead incursion." Ashlyn continues on for a few minutes before asking Myrrdin to come up and speak of his dead cousin. Once Myrrdin is finished, Ashlyn begins the rights of death. Half an hour latter, she takes a torch and lights the pyre from three sides, leaving the side closest to Myrrdin unlit. "And so passes Leeroy Jenkins, Hero of Barovia, cousin of Myrrdin, and friend to all."

As she finishes speaking, the sun has fallen from the sky and the only light is from the burning fire.

Ryan
You have access to the thing I spoilered to Peter(Revan)

Please do finish the conversations I cut off with the funeral, just thought it was important to get that post out. Let me know when everything you want to do before night is done and once everyone is done, I will progress the story.

WyvernBlade
2012-10-06, 02:22 PM
Ryan chuckles, "It is a sad day when inn keepers do not make a profit off of their patrons. Let it not be said that Ryan Snow slept while his host shivered." Ryan tosses Arik a bag of 25 silver coins, then proceeds to leave the Blood on the Vine.

DM
When I ask Revan what he hope to gain from the scouting I'm hoping my bat will be able to determine the true meaning of his scouting mission because he will be thinking of it.

Ryan follows Myrrdin over the baricade.
I will follow your advise.
"The inn seems reasonable enough considering the circumstances, I will be staying there tonight." Ryan asks Myrrdin.

When Ryan climbs back over the barricade he approaches the building on which Revan is standing. "Ho Revan, will you be joining us in the in later tonight?" After Revan gives his response Ryan asks, "What do you hope to gain from the scouting mission?"

Rofltrollcopter
2012-10-06, 02:38 PM
@DM
(Talking to Ashlyn)
What is it about this Castle Ravenloft that makes the place so intimidating?
Merciful light...The local druids have gone insane? What do you mean? When did this happen? I wish I could be as confident about Riven as you are. Have you ever been to Minrathous, the Tevinter capital? There, they have a saying: 'greet the man who comes to kill you as your own brother, for he is the most honest man you will meet today'. If we do not deal with him, he could very well be the doom of us all.

I beg you to delay your journey to the church until we have met Madame Eva. We can not afford to lose anymore people. If you insist on heading there as soon as you can, I will accompany you.

As for this zombie menace.. when did they start attacking? Did anything unusual happen in the town before they attacked? Are there people still trapped outside the barricade in the town?

"I have been comissioned to come to Barovia to find a book. I was told the book was written by a Strahd. I was told that Strahd was a man who fell to darkness, and that this book contains his inner thoughts as he was changing. This book may offer insight into how good people can fall into darkness. The people who asked me to find it believe that such insights can be used to counsel people, to guide them away from darkness and back into the light"

(OOC: not lying just not telling the full truth, the book could perhaps by used to perfect the ritual, but its a secondary objective)

@DM

During the funeral I activated Nimbus of light

Will the Circle try to contact me via Sending? If so I will try to stay awake until the appropriate meeting time. About half an hour before the fog begins to form, I will wake up, wildshape into an eagle and try to fly as high above Barovia and the surrounding country as possible, in order to see if the fog is coming from a specific place/make any other observations I can about the fog. I will then try to return to the town undetected

When Myrddin is standing over Leroy's body, he clears his throat and begins to speak:
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olxq5h1XurI&feature=BFa&list=PLAB97422C71915B18)

In this vast world where men can wield power rivaling the gods themselves, Leeroy was exceptional. It was not prowess of arms, nor strength of will, nor feats of epic magic that made him unique. It was his smile, his kindness, the complete peace and fulfillment he found in his interaction with everyone he met that made him special. That was the man who greeted me when I found out about my distant relation to the Jenkins family. I only had the privilege of knowing them for a few short years, but the years that I knew them were the happiest in my life. They were generous people, who welcomed me with open arms and hearts. Such people deserve to be honored. The bards tell far too many stories of the men and women who brave exotic lands and slay fearsome monsters. Such tales of cunning and boldness are fundamentally lacking. In my mind, the man worthy of legend is the one who is friends with his neighbor, who improves the life of everyone whom they cross paths with. These are the people who should be honored, these are the people who build the foundations of tomorrow's world, and these are the people we should all aspire to be.

(A harsh, bright light begins emanating from Myrddin's skin, standing out in stark contrast agianst the dark night and encroaching fog)

I know that many of you are afraid that in these coming dark days Barovia will fall. I promise you all, the dawn is coming. The forces for good are as numerous and vast as the forces of darkness. In all of your hearts rests a courage that will make the very heavens tremble at your presence. Working together, every man, women, and child, we WILL save Barovia

Our time is up friends, lets do this, lets do it in the memory of this man, this legend. May his name be forever remembered as a rallying cry for those who face incredible odds.

(Myrddin lights the body with his torch, and then turns to stare up at the sky)

LEEEEEEEROY JENKIIIIIIIIIIIIINS

The Big Orc
2012-10-06, 09:12 PM
Myrrdin
Since the fog formed as the funeral started, I will assume you scout out the fog after the funeral. How far do you scout?
The Circle have left you with instructions to contact them should you discover anything. They cast a spell on you allowing you to inform them you need to contact them by snapping your fingers eleven times consecutively.

"I am not sure how they went insane, or even if they were druids. The locals call them druids, but that may just be because they live in the forest or because they are elves. This bunch is unused to sane non-humans. As for Revan, the gods have shown me that I must not directly interfere with his task. And you are right, he could be the death of us all. But that is a chance I am being told to take. And I understand your concerns about traveling to the church but every day I wait is a day that my companions must survive." At the mention of the book, Ashlyn frowns, "Do you speak of the Tome of Strahd? I know nothing but rumors, perhaps Madame Eva knows what you search for?"

Rofltrollcopter
2012-10-06, 11:20 PM
@DM
I thought the fog started in the morning. Derp. In that case, I do fly out an hour before the fog is supposed to form. I first do a quick once over the town, high enough to avoid any more annoying flying heads, but low enough to be able to make out individual objects. I am looking for movement, and trying to count the number of undead within the town. I then try to head west to the church, to see if anything is happening there. After which, I will fly towards the indicated direction of Eva's camp and try to see what I can there.
(+9 modifers for all of them)
Spot check for town:
1d20

Spot check for church:
1d20

Spot check for camp:
1d20

Afterwards, I fly as physically high as I can try to look at the region of Barovia as a whole. There I will wait for the fog to form, after which I will to try to spot where the fog is coming from.

Spot check for fog:
1d20

@Ryan
(I am saying the same thing to Aaron, I just didn't want it to look too suspicious. You can check the boxes in this post to see what I am saying to Peter and Aaron)

I find Ryan and Adolamin and talk to them in a place where no one can overhear us.

Gentlemen, we have a quandary to address. This Revan is a potential threat to all of us, and Barovia as a whole. I am certain that he is some form of Undead. You saw how he reacted to my cure spell, and when I looked at his body to see what was causing his seizure, I noticed that it was not behaving like a regular, healthy human body. It was more like some sort of childish imitation. Master Bard, you have surely heard of many strange stories, do you know of what form of undead Riven could be? (knowledge: religion check time!)

I suspect he is using some of illusion magic to mask his true nature. I would strongly advise you to keep this secret for the moment, we do not need to incite a riot. Furthermore, he commanded the undead. Goodly priests are not capable of wielding such power, and I find it extremely unlikely that a god of the Sun such as Pelor would grant such power. Whatever god he worships, it is unlikely that it has good intentions for Barovia. I suggest we all share our notes about what we know or can figure out about him.

I will sleep a lot easier at night once we have figured out what to make of him. What do you two propose we do?

@Adolimin
(I am saying the same thing to Jan, I just didn't want it to look too suspicious. You can check the boxes in this post to see what I am saying to Peter and Jan)

I find Ryan and Adolamin and talk to them in a place where no one can overhear us.

Gentlemen, we have a quandary to address. This Revan is a potential threat to all of us, and Barovia as a whole. I am certain that he is some form of Undead. You saw how he reacted to my cure spell, and when I looked at his body to see what was causing his seizure, I noticed that it was not behaving like a regular, healthy human body. It was more like some sort of childish imitation. Master Bard, you have surely heard of many strange thing, do you know what form of undead Riven could be? (knowledge: religion check time!)

I suspect he is using some of illusion magic to mask his true nature. I would strongly advise you to keep this secret for the moment, we do not need to incite a riot. Furthermore, he commanded the undead. Goodly priests are not capable of wielding such power, and I find it extremely unlikely that a god of the Sun such as Pelor would grant such power. Whatever god he worships, it is unlikely that it has good intentions for Barovia. I suggest we all share our notes about what we know or can figure out about him.

I will sleep a lot easier at night once we have figured out what to make of him. What do you two propose we do?

@Riven
During watch that night, Myrddin glances out into the deep fog. He turns back to Riven and says in a rather pointed tone Is there anything you want to say to me?

Rofltrollcopter
2012-10-06, 11:27 PM
@DM

Spot checks:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

The Big Orc
2012-10-07, 12:22 AM
Myrrdin
Town: Hundreds of zombies, a few groups of the flying heads, more of the carcass eating dog things. You spot a few ghouls, occasionally attacking a lone zombie before feasting on the corpse.
Church: Nothing noteworthy, still lots of zombies, a few go in and out of the open doors
Camp: About 10 humans and 10 halflings move around a group of tents carrying boxes of weapons, moving some into tents, others into a wagon. Before they are put onto a wagon, a better armored human checks through the box and makes a mark on parchment
Fog: Because you have to get back for the funeral, you only have time to notice that it spreads from far to the north of the town, towards the woods, and from two seperate places in the west, both past the tser pools.

and hey, finally got the die roller workin i see!

Daphoa
2012-10-07, 04:18 PM
@DM

OOC: So... way back at the conversation with the barkeeper. This is in spoiler since it seems as though I am alone with him. Also there seems to be a bunch of uncoordinated timings which may be worth attempting to organize.

"So, please good sir, tell me more about this Ismark. I have heard his name much, but story never. I would like to hear how Barovia came to meet this character, should you have the time."

@Myrrdin
OOC: Ryan is redirected here as well.

"I agree that he is holding some sort of facade, however I believe his motives are far to uncertain to provoke an attack - I like to think there's hope for him. If you agree, I suggest we attempt to approach him in a safe location. I recognize that this may not be soon, because of those requiring protection and those we must protect ourselves against. But when the time eventually comes, I suggest we stand together and demand answers. So, my fellow travellers, do you agree?"

OOC:
Checks on Revin undead:
Also Bardic Knowledge: [roll0]
Knowledge (Religon): [roll1]
Knowledge (History): [roll2]

@Ryan
OOC: You can look at Myrrdin's spoiler in this post.

petagee
2012-10-07, 05:07 PM
In response to Ashlyn whispering in Revan's ear, Revan's face goes white.

@Ashlyn (DM)
I do not know what you know or think you know but know this: my devotion to the light is absolute...

@Ryan
My purpose here is only peripherally for scouting. I will not be returning to the inn. I will find my rest out here. As such, I may as well make my eyes useful. If you will excuse us Ryan, I have something to discuss with Myrrdin. Sleep well my friend.

When Ryan departs, staring out into the darkness, I begin speaking to Myrrdin
@Myrrdin
While I feel for the sadness you experience now because of the loss of your cousin, understand this: I will not tolerate threats against my person or anyone else here. This is not the place or time for such immaturity. There is far more at stake here than you understand. Revan pauses, then turns to Myrrdin Or perhaps you do. Despite your fervent love of your cousin, I do not believe that is your only purpose here. But we all have our secrets don't we... Revan turns away again. I am beginning to sense now that our goals are perhaps more closely tied than I had anticipated. I pray Leeroy's death will not prevent our cooperation towards fulfilling our goals. I also appreciate your concern today for my safety, and I thank you again for your level head. Please understand that my condition will not affect our quest. It is the dear price I pay so I may do greater good. Revan turns back to Myrrdin and smiles You should rest my friend, you are weary with the day's toil. I would now humbly ask for solitude, for I too am weary. Good night my friend.

Also, because it's really been bothering me, the names of character are spelled as follows: Adolamin, Revan, Myrddin, Ryan :P

Rofltrollcopter
2012-10-07, 07:01 PM
@DM
When I was looking over the town, did the undead seem to have some common direction? e.g. were they randomly moving or going in organized search patterns? Also, did any see any other humans trapped in the town?

About the fog, is it distinct from the mists?
could I locate those three points that the fog is coming from if I saw a map of Barovia, or could I find them on my own?
Survival check (if relevant):

1d20+9
I apologize for all of the out of chronological sequence stuff, but did my Blink dog tell me if Riven was up to anything before I took watch with him?

Also, standing instructions about collecting scrying components are still relevant. I am obviously focusing more on Riven then Adolimin (e.g. I won't grab Adolimin's component unless I can clearly do it without suspicion)

While we are on the topic of super paranoia, I am watching my own nail clippings, bits of hair etc. I will try to gather them up and dispose of them the next time I return to the woods.

Also, @Ashlyn
He 'could' be the death of all of us? You are not inspiring me with much confidence. Also about the Tome of Strahd.. It has a name? What rumors do you know of it? Also, if you know of anyone who could tell me of the history or legends of Barovia, I would be very grateful.

@Adolimin

OOC:You came up with a much better system then I did, Jan is directed here as well

Yes, I agree that we should avoid violence unless we have no other choice. He is after something, something he thinks that he cannot get on his own. Thats why he is playing nice. Otherwise, he would have turned on us the moment that we arrived in town, when he had access to potential servants. I have my own theory: he is looking for the source of the zombie plague. Such a disease could be a significant weapon to anyone who had power to command the undead. Imagine this blight unleashed in a slum in one of the larger cities of Tevinter, within a day you would have your own army. Notice how he changed his mind to go with Ashlyn, once the two of you announced your intentions to see Madame Eva? If he heads out to the church tomorrow and discover the true source of the plague, then would be the best time for him to turn on us.

@Ryan
OOC: see @Adolimin

@Riven (NOW WITH ACTUAL CONTENT):cool:

Myrddin stands still, his shoulders tensing as Riven mentions secrets

"You remind we an awful lot of someone I used to know...

That is quite the nerve, Revan, to portray yourself as the victim in this affair. It was you who shed my family's blood, with that cursed abomination. You are very fortunate that I follow a God of Mercy, otherwise we not be talking to each other on such pleasent terms. The only things that I threaten are the Undead, and the other monsters that threaten these people.

You claim to act 'for the greater good'? People bring out this mythical 'greater good' right before they justify some monstrous act. This greater good, that only those on their, self appointed high perches can see. They look would look over these people, view them as simple, as ultimately unimportant compared to whatever they had in mind. Only because they had the fortune of noble birth, or a gift of magic, or strength of arms. The only thing that is important is the individual people who you meet along the way. In the few years I have walked this world, one of the only things that I am certain of is that there is no greater good that we mortals can see. I know right, and I know wrong, and I learned the good grace to know which was which. Nothing else matters. I payed far too much for that particular lesson...

You want my friendship? Only the gods' know how such a thing will be possible. If you want my trust, you can earn it tomorrow by helping these people.

Myrddin nods towards Riven, and then resumes staring out into the fog.

Daphoa
2012-10-08, 01:20 AM
@Myrddin
OOC: Ryan here too... blah, blah, blah

"I see reason in your concern. We should not allow him to explore alone, for obvious reasons. I still maintain we should hold our course to search for Madame Eve first - such would be prudent. However, if we can not convince Ashlyn and Revin to join us, I fear we are left with the much less safe path. The more reckless one, simply because we cannot risk being wrong."

Turning to Ryan, "I have noticed you are in tune to the arcane arts more strongly than I am. Pray tell me, do you have any spells or knowledge that will help us avoid this more perilous path? I wish to monitor this Revin, rather than be forced to follow into dangerous territory."

@Ryan
OOC: You can look at @Myrddin... Again

WyvernBlade
2012-10-08, 07:10 PM
DM
So did I find out why Revan is scouting? Also how does charm person work on pcs?
also knowledge arcana on Revan to determine if he is some arcane creature. [roll0]+9

Adolimin
OOC: Myrrdin is here too.
"Unfortunately I do not have any form of divination that I can use to spy on Revan however my bat is following him at the moment.
I am interested in talking to this Madam Eve as well however I agree that we cannot let Revan go into the cathedral by himself. So I think we should accompany him. We are close to the Cathedral now and I would prefer not to have to do so much walking. We may also learn things of interest in there."

Myrrdin
Congratulations!! You have gained access to the above message to Adolamin!!!

Daphoa
2012-10-08, 07:29 PM
@Myrrdin
OOC: This conversation may be worth having IRL

petagee
2012-10-09, 12:04 PM
@Myrddin
Good, let us keep threats for our enemies.

After a long pause, Revan (NOTICE THE SPELLING!!!!) speaks, his voice shaking,

I am a monster Myrddin, and I have done terrible...terrible deeds perched high above the world. But my delusions of faultlessness and the world's insignificance are fading. I can no longer look into their suffering eyes and not see my former self. I can no longer stand aloft and perpetuate that suffering. I alone must bear the responsibility for what I have done. He looks back at Myrddin, his voice is now firm, resolved, Though monster I may be, I will not abandon these people to death. And I will banish the monster inside of me, even if that should come to my death...

Rofltrollcopter
2012-10-09, 05:00 PM
@Revan
OOC: I would be interested in seeing your proficiency in spelling at 1 in the morning.

I see... Myrddin's voice softens

The monster that calls itself a monster is hardly as monstrous as the monster thinks. Only when the monster does not consider itself a monster is it a true monster. I am willing to help you, but there is only so much I can do through metaphor and simile. My god, Phieran teaches perseverance in the face of suffering, and the endurance to ease pain through times of trouble. If your intention is to atone for whatever you have done, then know you do not have to go down that path by yourself. What does your god teach, Revan?

WyvernBlade
2012-10-09, 07:08 PM
Ryan approaches Ahlyn and says,"I saw you heal yourself earlier so I was wondering if you would also be able to cure me. I was struck by an undead during a struggle with one and have contracted a disease and would be grateful if you could cure me of it."

Afterwards Ryan reenters the tavern and speaks to the patrons attempting to gather information about Madam Eva and the Chapel.
DM and the witch and demon.

petagee
2012-10-09, 08:34 PM
@Myrddin
For now, I regret that metaphor and simile are all I can indulge in. While I must atone for my sins, my sins must remain my own until such a time as I feel they may be divulged. And any guidance from the divine is obscured for now by paradox and conflict. I must find my direction elsewhere it seems. Revan turns and hops down from the building, heading towards the inn. As he leaves, he turns to Myrddin I will inquire to Ashlyn whom among the townsfolk require our aid tomorrow so we may prepare appropriately. Keep watch if you will for now; I will return forwith. Revan smiles, a look of peace on his face.

@DM
I head to the inn, find Ashlyn if she is still awake and ask her Sister Ashlyn, I wonder: whom among the people require the aid of our party most dearly and what is their affliction? I would like to prepare to aid them as effectively as possible tomorrow.

The Big Orc
2012-10-11, 01:09 AM
Revan
"I have cured the afflictions of these people, however there is always the fear of a lack of food and water."
Adolamin
"Ismark? He's the burgomeister's son. He's right there, meet him yourself," the barkeep replies pointing toward Ismark's table.
Ryan
"I would be happy to heal your infliction in the morning, I have used my healing abilities already today otherwise you would be cured already."
No new knowledge about Revan from the knowledge check, dont know why he is scouting yet so I cant tell you anything yet.
On the witches, you hear that they gather at Lysaga hill.
More about Madame Eva being a "wisewoman" "soothsayer" "witch" etc etc
On the chapel, superstitious mutterings about the infection spreading from there
Myrrdin
"I too am new to this region, I believe that following the villagers suggestion of talking to Madame Eva is the best course of action for your questions. Perhaps the burgomaster will have more to say."
Ill let you know if your blink dog finds anything out when I know what he could find out.
You could not see the distinct points at which the fog spread from, but you could find the general areas.

petagee
2012-10-11, 08:59 AM
OOC: In the interest of moving past spoilers for mundane stuff, here's my conversation with Ashlyn thus far...

I head to the inn, find Ashlyn if she is still awake and ask her Sister Ashlyn, I wonder: whom among the people require the aid of our party most dearly and what is their affliction? I would like to prepare to aid them as effectively as possible tomorrow

Ashlyn: "I have cured the afflictions of these people, however there is always the fear of a lack of food and water."

In response Revan smiles, Very well. Then I shall make it so. Tell me, how many are there to feed? And is there any contaminated food or drink I could cleanse so that I could be eaten once more?

@DM
OOC: I was wondering if you have a chance to discuss the whole alignment shifting thing with me at some point so we can clear up exactly what happens.

Daphoa
2012-10-11, 10:05 AM
OOC: In the interest of moving past the era of spoiler tags, I'll open up my conversation with the barkeeper.

Previous Dialog:
"So, please good sir, tell me more about this Ismark. I have heard his name much, but story never. I would like to hear how Barovia came to meet this character, should you have the time."

"Ismark? He's the burgomeister's son. He's right there, meet him yourself," the barkeep replies pointing toward Ismark's table.

Current:
"Ah, so he is" Adolamin turns to go, but then abruptly turns around "Ah, yes, before I forget, when did this all start? The undead, that is."

The Big Orc
2012-10-11, 12:13 PM
Revan

"There are just over a hundred. The only thing I would want cleansed would be the alcohol so that we have water instead, however I do believe Arik(barkeep) would kill me if I tried."
I'll be by Grebel today, we can talk then

Adolamin

"It started just over a week ago."

Daphoa
2012-10-11, 12:40 PM
"Right, thanks" Turning to leave again, Adolamin ends up turning a full 360. "Oh, and you didn't notice anything else strange around that time did you? New people showing up town? Odd behaviours?"

Rofltrollcopter
2012-10-11, 07:12 PM
OOC: NOOO my beloved spoiler posts

Plot coupons I have managed to collect so far:
1. Local druids/elves/forest dwellers have gone insane, and attacked townsfolk with wolves

2. Theres a Castle Ravenloft, its a scary place

3. Madame Eva is traveling with a group of 20 humans and halflings, they are well armed and are stockpiling weapons. More then they have a use for themselves.

4. Current status of nasties in the town: hundreds of zombies, smaller groups of flying heads and corpse eaters, and a pack of ghouls. The church does not appear to be the focus of the zombie activity, nor are they being actively guided by some form of intelligence

I went on a "scouting mission"

Would anyone mind If I retconned Myrddin just waiting outside of the inn for Ryan so I can help collect more plot coupons?

petagee
2012-10-11, 07:50 PM
In response to Ashlyn's comment, Revan laughs heartily, Very good. There is nothing to upset a man more than losing his livelihood, especially in times like these. Good night.

As Revan walks out of the inn, passing by Myrddin at the door, he nods to Myrddin and says I will resume my watch. Good night my friend. Until tomorrow Revan walks back up to the barricade, climbs up to his watching spot and stands silently.

@DM
During the night, sometime after it is quite late and it is clear no one is still awake or around, I take off into the city, headed for the outskirts. I have called my armour to me and I am watching for any signs of undead.

Once I reach the outskirts, I take out my sickle and raise it into the air and cast light on it, then dismiss it a moment after it is cast so it only flashes for a moment. I then hide and wait for my undead pets to show up.

I tell my ettin to hide in an abandoned building near the edge of town and if anyone comes to bother him, to run away and stay outside of town. To my wolves, to patrol outside of the encampment and not engage anyone and run and hide if need be. If any group of undead more than 5 comes close to the camp, I tell them to howl. To my bat, I tell it to find me, screech then fly away if it hears a howl around the camp and I am away. After arranging that I resume my post back at the encampment.

OOC: This is what I do assuming nothing happens. As soon as it does, I will change accordingly :P

Rofltrollcopter
2012-10-11, 09:19 PM
@DM

When Revan is out of sight, Myrddin adds:
Revan, you completely missed the implications of what I said. I will destroy ALL of the undead in Barovia, yourself included.

Must I at length the Sword of Justice draw?
Oh curst Effects of necessary Law!
How ill my Fear they by my Mercy scan,
Beware the Fury of a Patient Man.

I stare out into the fog. I enter into a meditative trance, during which I attempt to assess my own mental state, and compare it to how I was before I entered the land of Barovia. I do this to try to see if the fog has had any effect on myself.

Concentration:
Heal:[roll1]
Knowledge Nature [roll2]

Concentration:[roll]1d20+12
Heal:1d20+9
Knowledge Nature 1d20+11

Acting on the assumption that contact will not be made instantaneous and that there will be some delay, I snap my fingers eleven times.

I call Rabbit, the Blink Dog over. I know its been a long day for the both of us, but I need to ask you to shadow Revan until morning. With all these zombies around, he is going to be up to something. Stay out of sight, stay hidden, and run if a fight starts. You can sleep here tomorrow when we go to the chapel, we will need someone to stay behind anyway. Plus there are kids you can play with.

Myrddin eyes glaze over, but he is startled back into reality when Revan walks by. Do you hear it, Revan?

Rofltrollcopter
2012-10-11, 09:25 PM
Turns out using preview post breaks the dice
Concentration:[roll0]
Heal:[roll1]
Knowledge Nature [roll2]

petagee
2012-10-12, 08:48 AM
Revan's looks confused, he responds I'm sorry my friend I do not think I do. What is it that you hear? then looks out into the night, his ears keen to try and hear what Myrddin is talking about.

WyvernBlade
2012-10-12, 10:05 AM
DM
My bat also makes a listen check for the thing Myrddin is talking about. It has a +8 on listen.

The Big Orc
2012-10-12, 12:45 PM
Adolamin
"The lightbringers showed up a few days before the infection began, but the way they fight the buggers I doubt they have anything to do with it."

Revan
Spot and listen checks

Myrrdin
When in the fog, you notice less desire to resist mentally.
Also, hide and move silently checks for your blink dog, and let me know about anything that may affect how likely he is noticed that is not inherently taken into account of

petagee
2012-10-12, 02:42 PM
Ooc: How You Do Za Dice Thing?

Spot
1d20+3

Spot
1d20+3

The Big Orc
2012-10-12, 02:47 PM
replace all ( with [ and ) with ]
(roll)xdybz+c(/roll)
x = number of dice
y = number of sides on die
z = used if you want to only calculate the best z rolls out of x
c = constant to add to the roll

Daphoa
2012-10-12, 03:28 PM
"Hmm... Good to know." Adolamin finally turns around and starts walking towards Ismark.

"Greetings, Ismark, Son of the Burgomeister." Adolamin nods in respect. "I am called Adolamin the Taleweaver. My companions and I have received a letter of interest which has been signed by your father - I wonder if he happened to tell you anything about this letter?"

OOC:
Diplomancy Check? [roll0]

petagee
2012-10-12, 03:57 PM
Spot
[roll0]

Spot
[roll1]

The Big Orc
2012-10-13, 03:40 AM
Adolamin

Frowning, Ismark reaches out his hand, "May I see the letter?"

Assuming you hand him the letter, you may read this, and you can allow anyone to see this if you'd like.
Signalling you too lean in close, "My father did not send this letter. This is not his penmanship and he has been dead since the day the zombies rose. The villagers dont know yet, and I am afraid to tell them for fear of how they will react. Who gave you this letter?"

Rofltrollcopter
2012-10-13, 11:59 AM
I hear voices out in the fog. It sounds like their whispering to each other. I can't quite hear what they are trying to say

@DM

So, Blink Dogs have Dimension Door, Blink, Darkvision (60ft), low light vision and scent. Rabbit has the intelligence to use these abilities effectively. So instead of moving through one place to another, he will just use Dimension Door, to get from place to place. This will reduce the amount of sneaking he will have to do. He can also use Blink to phase through objects without harm if it is less then five feet of material. So instead of darting around fences, thin walls, he can just walk through them. His vision will be impaired by the fog, but Darkvision and Lowlight vision will mean that he can still keep a distance from whatever he is chasing, assuming it does not have access to these things. Assuming that he is pursuing Revan, scent will allow him to drop the trail if their is a particular stretch where Rabbit would be easily spotted. He could then maneuver around to pick up the trail later by following Revan's scent.

Hide [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]

Daphoa
2012-10-13, 01:49 PM
OCC: I do hand him the letter - everyone may read the above spoiler tag

Sense Motive Check to see if Ismark is lying
[roll0]

Frowning Adolamin speaks "I was given to me and my companions at a tavern outside Barovia. A man walked in mysteriously and handed the letter to us and attempted to walk out. I wish I could say the news of your father shocked me, but I felt as though the bearer of the letter was not being entirely truthful, and in light of recent events I unfortunately find such news to be lacking in surprise. Tell me, what have you told the villagers about your father?"

petagee
2012-10-13, 04:21 PM
I cast detect magic and look around for any auras in the fog. I move towards the fog and motion for Myrddin to follow. I call my armour to me, draw my shield and scythe.

Where is the noise coming from? Can you hear who or what it is?

The Big Orc
2012-10-14, 01:52 AM
Would it be acceptable to everyone if I posted what was learned from the in person session here (specifically for Dan?)

Rofltrollcopter
2012-10-21, 03:38 PM
OOC: lets get the ball rolling.

Myrddin destroys the body of the undead creature that was creating the plague by reducing it to ashes. He then walks over to Danovich (who was stabilized via cure minor wounds at the end of the session) and searches him. Myrddin will confiscate any holy symbols, scrolls, components and anything else that can be used to cast spells or power cleric abilities. Myrddin scratches into the ground secure... him... . Myrddin will then search the area with alchemical equipment and take 20. He will then go upstairs, and take 20 to search the pews and furniture.

petagee
2012-10-21, 05:39 PM
@DM
When search Danovich, I look for any specific necromantic symbols or indicators that I might recognize, including any tomb tainting (becoming undead like me) that he has undergone

OOC: I really want to know how beefy Jaws was? How many hit die did he have, DR, special abilities etc. if that is okay and won't affect other stuff.

I say to Ashlyn Sister Ashlyn, clearly something profound has come over the town. Could you please scout outside to ascertain what has occurred and return with all swiftness with news? I shall remain here to examine the home of this madman.

To Ryan I suggest Perhaps a good strong rope around this man is in order? gesturing to the rope used to descend the into pit.

I then search the body with Myrrdin, the alchemical station and the altar upstairs, taking 20s.

WyvernBlade
2012-10-21, 11:20 PM
I also search the body of the cleric with Revan and the velociraptor (AKA Myrrdin). And the alchemy station, and the rest of the room.

Looking at the rope ladder that was used to climb into the pit. Then back at Revan with a curious expression I say,"You want me to tie him up with a rope ladder?"

DM
My bat is flying around the hole in the ground so that it can see whats going on both in the lower and upper rooms.

petagee
2012-10-22, 11:00 AM
To Ryan: Unless you have any other rope I feel it's the closest thing we have unfortunately

The Big Orc
2012-10-23, 06:02 PM
The alchemical equipment seems to be specialized and worth much more than a traditional alchemical set.

In the south east corner, you find the two dead Lightbringers equipment:
1 suit of half-plate
1 suit of +1 chainmail
1 +2 Greatsword
2 scrolls of cure light wounds
1 scroll of lesser restoration

Danovich is carrying:
+1 full plate
+1 heavy steel shield
masterwork morning star
a holy symbol depicting a cloaked figure wielding a scythe - knowledge religion to identify

No information on Jaws for now, that can all come out at the end of the campaign

"I must bury my companions. This is farewell for now." And she carries the dead bodies of her friends out of the church one at a time.

Revan
Holy symbol: Nerull

Rofltrollcopter
2012-10-23, 06:28 PM
Knowledge Religion: [roll0]

OOC:
What was the alchemical set specialized in? Did Danovich have any notes or anything around.

Myrddin scratches into the ground: Not... out.. of.. danger.. Ghouls.. Corpse Eaters.. Vargouille.. around.. We.. must.. hunt.. them.. now.. before.. they.. hurt.. others..

Myrddin glances at the equipment of the former lightbringers Not... ours.. give.. to.. Ashlyn..

@DM
On the subject of holy symbols, did I get a glimpse of what Revan was using as a holy symbol during the fight/spell casting?

Spot: [roll1]

Daphoa
2012-10-23, 11:55 PM
Adolomin turns to Revan and says, slightly annoyed, "If you would like to use my rope ladder, I'd strongly prefer that you ask me instead of others.

He perks up when noticing the dinosaur's writing, "Oh right, I didn't think of that. We should be wary, but I don't think we need to concern ourselves immediately."

"Ashlyn, do you by chance know the meaning of this holy symbol?" as he gestures to the one found on Danovich.

petagee
2012-10-24, 10:49 AM
My apologies Adolamin. It was ignorance not malevolence I can assure you. As for the Holy Symbol, it is clearly of Nerull, God of Death and the Undead. I have little difficultly believing Danovich was a follower.

OOC: Dibs on the Shield for sure! Also the morning star would be nice if no one else wants it :)

To Myrrdin: I Agree whole heartedly. Let us confer with Ashlyn and return their possessions to her. However, Danovich's possessions may prove useful, especially that alchemical set.

To Everyone: I feel our attention is needed elsewhere. Let us finish searching this place and begone with all possible swiftness. As Myrrdin said, there are many other threats still in town and the townsfolk may require our assistance.

The Big Orc
2012-10-24, 11:06 AM
The alchemical set could be used for any alchemical purposes, however the few legible notes around the tables seem to indicate it was used for preserving bodies.

Myrrdin
You would have been to busy during combat to notice what an ally was using as a holy symbol.

Rofltrollcopter
2012-10-24, 05:32 PM
Myrddin roars as Nerull's name is mentioned. ROBBER.. DESECRATOR... (incomprehensible)..

He calms down and continues

These... people... have... a... church.. to...Desecrator?.. or.. was... priest.. hiding.. it.. Take.. what.. you.. wish.. Revan.. I.. want.. none.. of.. it..

He sits for a moment in thought

Take... Danovich.. into... Ismark's... custody... Thenwe.. hunt.. other.. monsters.. Thenwe... search.. Burgomaster's... home.. and home.. with.. screaming... people... Thenwe.. interrogate.. Danovich... Agreed?

OOC:
If we don't want to run combat for the encounters for the nonzombie monsters, I suggest we can summarize these fights as follows:

ghouls: Peter turns/rebukes I full attack, dead.
corpseeaters: trash monsters, dead.
Vargoules, lol countersong, can't stun people, dead.

We already got the xp from them anyway.. and its a way to tie up that plot thread

petagee
2012-10-24, 06:21 PM
If there was a church here it was no doubt well hidden and secret to most of the town.

I agree with your plan. We need to make haste to the home with the Burgomaster's daughter to ensure her safety and erradication of the remnants of this plague is a convenient side effect. However, I feel Ashlyn should be left with Danovich. He is dangerous and I trust her to keep him until we can interrogate him. Let us gather Danovich, his things and those of the lightbringers and get them back to the outpost quickly and then be off to find the daughter.

OOC: I agree with the encounter strategy, we can meet quickly if we need to go to over some quick encounter stuff if Ian would like I suppose.

The Big Orc
2012-10-26, 11:59 AM
dont worry about combats, if they happen I will let you know

also, even if you talk amongst yourselves about what you are going to do, I will not assume you do it until you say you do it

Rofltrollcopter
2012-10-27, 08:48 PM
OOC: Since no one else has said anything:

After somebody with opposable thumbs ties up and gags Danovich, Myrddin takes him out of the church with the party and goes to the town centre. Myrddin finds Ashlyn and Rabbit (the blink dog). He scratches into the ground Keep.. him.. hidden.. and.. safe.. until.. we.. can.. talk.. to.. him.. Rabbit... come... find.. me.. if.. something.. happens... Myrddin then goes to the Bürgermeister's house and knocks on the door by headbutting it.

@DM
Was I given a rough time frame for when the Circle will be able to contact me?

Also, would you mind checking the player's handbook for druid spellcasting? Specifically how a druid regains their spells. It looks like the entry under 'spells' is missing that information. Thanks

petagee
2012-10-28, 11:28 PM
I follow Myrrdin, carrying all that my 9 strength allows me to carry from the church back to the town. I leave behind my old shield in favor of the new one and grab that sexy new morning star ;)

Once back in town, I approach Ashlyn My deepest condolences for you loss. We have returned your companions' possessions; we feel they should belong to you now. We go to the burgomaster's house now to retrieve his daughter. We will return shortly, then we will deal with Danovich... I trust I needn't warn you of the threat he poses to us all. Keep him secret, keep him safe...

I go with Myrrdin to the house and provide a more orthodox means of knocking... with my fist.

The Big Orc
2012-10-29, 02:56 PM
Myrrdin
On your way back from the church, you get a feeling that you should look to your left. As you do, you see a black cloaked figure who beckons to the west.

Ashlyn is not back at town. As you look for her, Ismark approaches you, "What has happened, the zombies have stopped moving! Is it over?"

petagee
2012-10-29, 03:42 PM
OOC: I guess we should ask what we see as we go back to the outpost.

Then I approach Ismark Greetings. We haven't had the pleasure of introducing ourselves but now is not the time. I hand him the chemist set and possessions from the lightbringers. These belonged to the lightbringers and now to Ashlyn. Keep them safe. The chemist set is of interest to us. Keep it safe as well. We go to the burgomaster's house in search of his daughter who has barricaded herself inside. As for the undead, it is still unclear. For the time being, maintain the status quo. We do not want rash decision making while the situation is not understood in its entirety. Please excuse me for a moment. I must confer with my comrades before answering any further questions.

I then turn to the rest of the party, walking out of earshot of Ismark and anyone else. If Ashlyn is not here, I for one to do trust Danovich in the hands of anyone in the outpost; not because of malevolence but simply incompetence. I feel we should wait for her to return or leave someone behind to ensure he does not die or escape.

Rofltrollcopter
2012-10-29, 05:34 PM
@DM
I nod towards the figure, but stay with the party heading back to the town square

@Ryan
When Revan is distracted, Myrddin pull's Ryan aside and quickly scratch into the dirt. Now.. is.. good.. chance.. for.. me.. to.. find.. minions.. keep.. eye.. on.. Revan.. keep.. him.. off.. me.. and quickly scratches it out

At the town square when Revan is done talking to Ismark, after hearing Ismark's remarks Myrddin scratches into the dirt impatiently. Don't.. have.. time.. to.. babysit.. people.. need.. to.. find.. those.. monsters.. NOW.. before.. people.. leave.. here.. Can't.. contain.. news.. for.. long.. You.. go.. to.. meisters.. I.. hunt.. monsters.. Agree?

petagee
2012-10-29, 09:54 PM
I respond to Myrrdin: Agreed. But I feel the best division of resources is to have Adolamin stay here and contain Danovich and the villagers as best he can. The rest of us go to the Burgomaster's house and retrieve the girl and return with her as fast as possible. Then you may go zombie hunting in full force with whomever you like, leaving the rest of us here to deal with villagers and Danovich until you are satisfied, then Danovich can be dealt with properly once we are all reunited.

If anything goes wrong at the burgomaster's house, Ryan will assume gaseous form and retreat. If anything goes wrong here, Rabbit can come find us.

Is everyone agreed?

Rofltrollcopter
2012-10-29, 10:13 PM
Myrddin snarls, clearly agitated by something

Don't.. need.. me.. to.. find.. daughter.. she.. will.. be.. scared.. I'm.. not.. good.. at.. helping.. that.. in.. present.. shape.. Besides.. Ryan.. said.. no.. monsters.. in.. home.. yes? (Incomprehensible) You.. all... go.. then.. if.. you.. want.. I.. go.. now.. won't.. take.. bad.. risks..

Myrddin turns and begins to hurry out of the square, about halfway out he slows downs to see if anyone is coming with him.

petagee
2012-10-29, 10:39 PM
Very well do as you must. Please meet back here when you are finished, although we may find you beforehand if you are needed. I for one go to the daughter's house with all haste. Ryan you may go with whomever you please but I entreat you go with me for you know more about the house and its layout and your services will speed up the process of her retrieval. Adolamin, will you consent to the plan?

Rofltrollcopter
2012-10-29, 10:54 PM
Myrddin lets out a loud whistle, and then a few seconds later Rabbit appears beside him. Myrddin gestures towards the Rooftops, and Rabbit blinks on top of a building. Rabbit starts teleporting from rooftop to rooftop, Myrddin keeping a fair distance behind him and letting him take the lead. Myrddin and Rabbit are both looking for signs of any more monsters

Survival checks:
Rabbit [roll0]
Myrddin [roll1]

Spot
Rabbit [roll2]
Myrddin [roll3]

Myrddin will not engage a fight until he sees what is facing
@DM
After about five minutes of searching the town, Myrddin will begin to move to where the cloaked figure gesrured. He constantly checks to make sure he is not followed, and in particular is keeping an eye out for Ryan's familiar. If he spots it, he will acknowedge its presence and cast speak with animals to converse with it. He asks Rabbit to shadow him and make sure no one is following.

Daphoa
2012-10-30, 03:47 PM
OOC: Peter please pick a different colour for your words - it's annoying to read.

As Revan addresses Adolamin, he turns from his pondering. "Hmm... I am perfectly fine keeping the townsfolk orderly for the near future. However I must question if we are somewhat too presumptuous of the safety given by the destruction of the disease." Pausing, he scans his surroundings briefly, then turns to again look at Revan. "I will stay here and calm the people. If you wish to head towards to Burgomaster's house I won't stop you, but I do suggest caution. Be wary, I fear the worst may not be yet over."

With that, Adolamin turns to go speak to the people of the village.

@All
Adolamin goes and begins speaking to the villagers, letting them know that he believes the worst is likely over, but it is not yet fully safe to wander around yet. His speech is brief, but afterwards he goes around to each of the villagers attempting to maintain calm and lack of fear.
As well, he shall be keeping an eye out for Ishmark and Ashlyn.

petagee
2012-10-30, 06:56 PM
I agree with your assessment Adolamin and I appreciate your willingness to keep the townsfolk orderly. I understand the danger Ryan and I may face on our path to the Burgomaster's house but Myrrdin is set on the destruction of the undead and I am loath to leave the daughter alone any longer. So I will be off with Ryan's help I hope? Saying this as I turn to Ryan.

The Big Orc
2012-10-31, 11:51 AM
Myrrdin

Most of the monsters that once plagued the town have dispersed. You spot the occasional ghoul or carrion crawler tearing into the bodies of the dead.
You don't notice anything following you as you progress towards the western edge of town. On the outskirts, you spot the cloaked figure entering a building.

WyvernBlade
2012-10-31, 01:04 PM
Shaking his head as he refocuses Ryan says, "Sorry for my tardiness, I got a bit distracted by that cloud that looks like a butterfly, it was quite amazing. The wings, oooh you should have seen them. They looked almost lifelike. But back to the matter at hand. Yes, I will join you, Revan. Let us make haste for the mansion. Do you think we should just break down the boards and go in or would you want to spend the time to knock?

petagee
2012-10-31, 03:03 PM
To Ryan as we begin to depart for the Mansion How about a more subtle entry, if you are able to use your arcane might to make us both gaseous we may enter the building and scout a little with no danger I should think. Are you able to do this? If not, I think no one will answer the door for us, despite a polite knock so we will probably have to make our own way inside.

Rofltrollcopter
2012-10-31, 05:35 PM
OOC: Do you want me to run combat for the original encounters?

When Myrddin spots a carrion crawler, he'll try to scare it off, simply by being a fleshraker. If he spots a solitary ghoul, he'll signal to Rabbit to teleport behind it to set up a flank, then user the Fleshraker's leaping pounce on it.

@DM
When Myrddin makes his way to the building, he'll stand in the middle of the street, in plain sight of the building, and then scratch out the symbol of the circle of light into the street: a stylized sun surrounded by a circle, and then wait for the person inside to react.

WyvernBlade
2012-10-31, 07:46 PM
"Yes I can. Hold still...." POOOF "... and there you have it. Your very own gaseous form." Ryan flies up to the roof and down the chimney. He searches the part of the house he has not yet searched.

The Big Orc
2012-11-01, 12:08 AM
Myrrdin
The carrion crawlers run from you and the ghouls ignore you, too busy fighting for the "choice" pieces of meat off of the fallen zombies.
Nothing happens
Also, can you remind me on the exact information surrounding the society you are a part of? Most of what i am running the side stuff off of is memory

Ryan

You see a woman kneeling by a body as your search finally takes you to the front hall

Rofltrollcopter
2012-11-01, 09:01 AM
@DM
All of the lore I've thought of should be in your facebook inbox, in the conversation thread between me and you

petagee
2012-11-01, 03:44 PM
I cast detect magic before getting cast on and going down. I keep and eye out for any magically stuff. I follow Ryan down the chimney and such. When we find the woman I motion to Ryan to come out of earshot of the woman. I whisper to him I feel it would be best if only one of us approached her, and not in gaseous form, to prevent her from becoming flustered. Also, that way the other can stand watch in case something should happen and fly back to get help or intervene. I would recommend myself. I feel she would perhaps be more comfortable with one of the clergy and I am quite 'diplomatic'. Do you consent?

WyvernBlade
2012-11-01, 11:16 PM
Yes this sounds like a good idea, I will just be floating about over there. Ryan waves a part of his gas in a direction.

petagee
2012-11-01, 11:47 PM
I move out of sight of the daughter, have Ryan remove the spell from me. I call my armor onto me and take out my shield while gently quaffing my hair into a smooth slick ;) I also cast eagle's splendor on myself. I then walk boldly into the room announcing my presence so as not to surprise her.

OOC: I know we got her name at some point and my character would remember it so as not to look like an idiot (again) I will leave "name" where appropriate.

Greeting Lady "Name". I am Revan Thornback, clergy of Pelor, here to recover you and your father and take you to safety. We have a fortified outpost in the centre of town where you may seek refuge if you would like. Ismark has found sanctuary there as well and I should hope to reunite you. We have scattered and defeated many undead so our short path to the outpost should be uninhibited. Pray good "Name" will you join me?

Diplomacy check:
[roll0]

The Big Orc
2012-11-02, 12:05 PM
Startled, Ireena grabs a sword from the ground next to the body and spins to meet the intruder. "How did you get in here?"

petagee
2012-11-02, 04:20 PM
Please Ireena, there is no need of this. It was not any fault in the fortifications you created for they are quite sturdy. I entered through the chimney in a magical, vaporous form. I have no designs to hurt you or take you against your will. I hope to protect you and the body of your father from any further harm. I have skill and great understanding of the dead and undead and I can protect him from the disease if that is your concern. Please come with me. I would be more than happy to answer any other questions you have before we depart if need be. I say this as I slowly approach her and offer her my hand, smiling kindly.

Rofltrollcopter
2012-11-03, 10:57 PM
When we arrive back at the town square, I find Adolimin and have a conversation with the party, making sure that no NPCS are around:

I strongly suggest that you all guard your tongues around Ireena. If something is invading her mind, it would be a very poor idea to reveal our plans to her. Right now I recommend we bring her to talk with Ismark, to make sure he does not lie to us. After which we interrogate Danovich. Are we in agreement.

@Ryan
At some point, Myrddin pulls Ryan aside and talks to him

I don't know what your intentions and plans are in Barovia, but I doubt you intend harm to the people here. If you need help with anything, do not hesitate to ask me.

@DM
Yeah you handled the Master of Shadows well. The general theme I would I like to go with is 'good people that make other good people'. Just keep in mind, to be consistent with my backstory at least some of them would be patient enough to rehabilitate me.

petagee
2012-11-04, 01:10 PM
Agreed. Her condition worries me greatly and I feel it would be best if we kept an unceasing watch over her. Especially if these dreams continue. I wouldn't mind catching a glimpse of whomever is responsible for this. We should deal with Ismark quickly before Danovich gets up to any trickery.

I approach Ismark and whisper to him In light of recent events there is some sensitive information that we need to share with you. Is there somewhere more secluded where we may discuss these matters privately?

Rofltrollcopter
2012-11-04, 02:25 PM
Myddin nods in agreement and follows Revan to Ismark

WyvernBlade
2012-11-04, 07:35 PM
@Myrrdin
I thank you for your offer and when the time comes I would greatly appreciate your assistance as I will most likely need all the help I can get. May I return the kindness and offer my support in any taks you would see done.

"Yes let us go and speak with Ismark, I am quite interested in his reasons for not telling us about the desecration."

@DM
I cast detect thoughts on Ismark.

Daphoa
2012-11-04, 08:36 PM
Uncertain of the exact specifics, Adolamin frowns with concern. "You shall have to fill me in on some things I had missed. That being said, I see no problem in your suggestion, but I do maintain my warning of caution. Proceed, if that is still your intent, and I shall follow. I will, however, speak on my own behalf."

The Big Orc
2012-11-05, 11:09 AM
Ismark follows you, "What do you need?"

petagee
2012-11-05, 04:53 PM
Once we move to a more private location, out of earshot of the common people, I begin talking to Ismark. I feel you should know what has befallen us at the church and perhaps some explanation of what has been happening: Upon our arrival there, we encountered a cleric, Danovich the priest, and we were attacked by him and his undead servants. They were defeated and with the death of the most foul, the disease was banished. This creature most foul, with jaws of black steel and a body made of scattered human remains, was destroyed outright. We also found some alchemical supplies at a work bench.

Were you close to Danovich at all? Had you any knowledge of what Danovich was scheming or of his undead creations? We still do not fully understand his designs.

Rofltrollcopter
2012-11-05, 05:09 PM
and furthermore Myrddin adds I would be interested in hearing your account of your father's death and the events that transpired around it.

The Big Orc
2012-11-06, 05:07 PM
"I wasn't close to Danovich, however I believe that he was attempting to bring his son back from the grave. Other than that, I don't know what has happened. As for my father's death, he was poisoned. Strahd had made a few visits and my father finally confronted him, chasing him off with the Holy Symbol of Ravenkind. I assume that Strahd had something to do with my fathers death."

Rofltrollcopter
2012-11-06, 05:25 PM
Strahd? Myrddin raises an eyebrow. I have heard that name mentioned around here, who and what praytell is this being? Furthermore, why was Strahd visiting your father? Did Strahd make any specific threats agianst him? Last, how did you know of Danovich's abomination, this 'blaspheme' and why did you not tell us yesterday?

petagee
2012-11-06, 07:21 PM
Futhermore, I still don't understand what the disease had to do with Danovich and how the blaspheme was involved. Do you know anything of this?

The Big Orc
2012-11-07, 10:24 AM
"Strahd is the master of the castle. I don't know why Strahd was visiting my father, I was not privy to their meetings. As for Danovich, why should I have told you? Who are you to demand answers from me without even asking the question?"

WyvernBlade
2012-11-07, 10:53 AM
When was the last time some out side of the castle saw Strahd? And what is his relationship with those around the castle?

petagee
2012-11-07, 03:54 PM
I still do not understand what relation the disease had to all of this. Was of Danovich's devising to turn the whole town undead?

Rofltrollcopter
2012-11-07, 06:53 PM
Myrddin glares at Ismark My friends were almost killed this morning. The knowledge of the monster behind this plague is the sort of information that should be volunteered, particularly to the people who are willing to risk their lives on your behalf. If you had shared that information with the Lightbringers, Ashlyn's companions may have survived, as well as all of the Barovians who were killed by the plague yesterday. Barovia is still in grave danger, unless you believe your father's death and the plague's occurance to be a coincidence. I have neither the time nor patience to play twenty questions with you, if you have any more information, about Strahd, Danovich, or your father's death, I implore you to share it now.

The Big Orc
2012-11-07, 11:36 PM
"Since you seem to think yourselves so important, the Lightbringers did in fact know of the Blaspheme, it is why they thought it so important to charge off to the church without more information. Secondly, I am the late Burgomaster's son, which means that until the town has an opportunity to vote, I am the Burgomaster. And you have no right to barge into MY town and demand information!" Ismark storms off, flipping an empty table out of his way as he exits the tavern.

Ireena walks into the tavern as her brother exits, "What did you say to him?" she asks as she rights the table.

Rofltrollcopter
2012-11-08, 12:50 AM
Sense Motive on Ismark, was he trying to hide anything: [roll0]

self entitled blueblood wannabe **** Myrddin mutters under his breath, he turns to address Irena. I called him out on out sharing the information on the Blaspheme with us.

Myrddin then turns to address the party. We have a contradiction before us: Ashlyn claimed no knowledge of the Blaspheme, only that people believed the plague originated from there. If her companions knew about it, I highly doubt that they would have kept that knowledge from her. On the other hand Ismark claimed that he told the lightbringers about the beast. Either Ismark or Ashlyn have been less then honest to us. Regardless, I think interrogating Danovich now will shed more light on this situation

Rofltrollcopter
2012-11-08, 12:57 AM
Sense Motive on Ismark, was he trying to hide anything: [roll0]

self entitled blueblood wannabe **** Myrddin mutters under his breath, he turns to address Irena. I called him out on out sharing the information on the Blaspheme with us.

Myrddin then turns to address the party. We have a contradiction before us: Ashlyn claimed no knowledge of the Blaspheme, only that people believed the plague originated from there. If her companions knew about it, I highly doubt that they would have kept that knowledge from her. On the other hand Ismark claimed that he told the lightbringers about the beast. Either Ismark or Ashlyn have been less then honest to us. Regardless, I think interrogating Danovich now will shed more light on this situation

Daphoa
2012-11-08, 01:40 AM
Sighing heavily, Adolamin runs after Ismark after giving a very pointed glare at Myrddin.

"Wait!" he calls out after Ismark.

"Listen Ismark, Myrddin is somewhat delusional, but he means well. I've gathered that he isn't someone who typically lives with people, so his way with people is rather foolish and is quite apparently easily angered."

Adolamin then gathers Ismark's reaction and if he appears to have calmed down sufficiently, he'll continue (otherwise pretend this doesn't happen). "That being said, he is simply concerned for our lives. Knowing more information about Danovich would've helped significantly this morning. Now what's done is done, and I didn't really expect you to have volunteered the information readily, but if you know anything that might be relevant now I implore you to share."

WyvernBlade
2012-11-08, 12:34 PM
DM
did Did my detect thoughts spell work?

Well he seems to be in a cheery mood.

petagee
2012-11-08, 06:09 PM
I concur with Myrrdin. I am very surprised Ashlyn claimed to have no knowledge of the blaspheme or why her fellow lightbringers left her in the dark. Danovich should be the next item on our agenda; let us make haste. I want this resolved as quickly as possible.

I lean over to Myrrdin and whisper I am worried about Ireena around Danovich. Something feels wrong. Should we leave her out of the interrogation?

After Myrrdin's response, I grab Danovich. I motion to anyone in the party who wants to join me and take him to a room upstairs in the tavern, still tied up, and seat him in a chair. I call my armour to me and put on my shield, holy symbol and morningstar in hand. Once I and everyone else is ready, I cast cure moderate wounds on him, ready to react to him.

Rofltrollcopter
2012-11-08, 07:36 PM
Myrddin rolls his eyes as the bard leaves the tavern. Theres something about nearly having my face bitten off by some undead monstrosity tends to ruin the rest of the day for me. Sufficed to say it made me an extremely popular houseguest in Minrathous

The Big Orc
2012-11-10, 11:51 PM
Myrrdin

Ismark appeared to be telling the truth.

Ryan

Your spell detected nothing that wasn't apparent from his demeanor other than sadness.

Adolamin

As you call out, Ismark turns, "While we are all very grateful for your aid in the the undead problem, who are you people to walk into our town and treat us all like you are better than us? What is it about us? That this is a small town on the outskirts of the nation?" Ismark still looks furious and after waiting a second for a response, if he recieves none, he storms off.

Revan and those with him

As you start to drag Danovich off, the townsfolk surround you. The barkeep steps forward, "What are you doing with him?"

Daphoa
2012-11-11, 04:15 PM
Suddenly realizing how he and his allies had been treating the villagers, Adolamin sighs. "I understand. We've all been under stress recently, and some of my allies have a tendency towards treating this as a problem which needs to be solved instead of people. I can assure you that this was never my intent, though I must confess I have been somewhat victim to that line of thought. It helps me cope with such horrors as we have encountered."

"Another thing you should know is that our group met not over a week ago. We travel together for the fear of stories of this area and as you mentioned, we have achieved some level of success in doing so. Don't mistake me, for I am not trying to belittle you or your town."

Completing his thoughts, but not quite satisfied with what was said yet, Adolamin pauses briefly seeming to collect himself. "I guess I'm just trying to apologize for how we've treated you. I will recognize you as the leader of this town. In return, I ask you regard me as an ally. While I must confess I have personal reasons for visiting your town, but I will say with complete honesty I wish to help you with your problems here."

petagee
2012-11-11, 05:47 PM
Peace friend. This man Danovich, a man you all trusted and relied upon as a clergyman and a protector from the dark forces, had his mind turn to madness at the loss of his son. In his morbid attempts to revive his son using the power of the undead, he created a monster that was the root of this disease. We destroyed the monster, eradicating the disease and scattering the undead. We took him alive so we could gather more information about what he did and what he intended to do. We have no intention to harm him in any way, as we have disarmed him of his divine power.

Diplomacy:
[roll0]

Rofltrollcopter
2012-11-11, 10:58 PM
Seeing himself get surrounded by the townsfolk, Myrddin whispers to Ireena Can you help us out here? Danovich may know a lot about is going on here

Rofltrollcopter
2012-11-16, 06:37 PM
well this is getting awkward Myrddin said, glancing around at the townsfolk. Myrddin walks over to a nearby table, pulls out a knife, starts whittling some dice, and pulls out some heavy books from his pack. He invites the rest of the party to join him.

The Big Orc
2012-11-18, 01:03 PM
Adolamin

It seems that what you have said has cooled Ismark off, however it has not wiped the scowl off of his face. "Just keep your... Whoever they are to you, in check. My father dealt with the horrors you speak of for his whole life and now it is my duty to do so," Ismark walks off.

In the Tavern

"Danovich is a man from our town and strangers will not interrogate him. He is ours to do with what we decide, and from what you said, you seem to have a very good idea about what he intended to do," Arik says, a chorus of nods and mutters reinforce him from the surrounding group.
Stepping forward, Ireena pleads to the group, "There may be more to this than what was simply observed. Give these people a chance to discover if there is something more behind Danovich's actions than simple madness. Perhaps they can help him!"
The villagers swarm in, "You do not know what we suffered because of this man's insanity. You were safe in your mansion, you were not crowded into this hell hole. We end the problem now."

WyvernBlade
2012-11-18, 02:14 PM
We may not know the full extent of what you have suffered but for the short time we have been here we have seen the horror this town has under gone and we would not see it suffer any more. So we seek know what Danovich knows to prevent this calamity from taking any more lives that could be spared by his knowledge. If you could but put aside your anger for mere minutes your children's future may be brighter. If you put aside your anger for mere minutes justice may be done to any and all who caused such pain to others. So I beg you to put aside your anger for mere mintunes so that we may know what Danovich knows then you may have him to do with as you please.

Rofltrollcopter
2012-11-18, 11:50 PM
Myrddin gathers up the dice and the heavy books from the table and returns them to his pack. He stands up, and walks over to the villagers.

Yes, Danovich must die for the evil he has wrought in this place. I am a stranger to this land, but I have a stake in this matter. Danovich killed my cousin Leeroy, one of your own, and in honor of his memory I will[ see this business through to its end. What we have right now is conjecture, only Danovich has the knowledge we need to figure out what has happened in this place. Danovich has turned to the Despoiler, Nerull. If this is part of some larger scheme of the God of Death, all of us are still in danger. I beg you, please let us have at him first.

Myrddin looks Arik straight in the eyes

You have my word that I will not cheat you of your revenge. If you wish, would you accompany us when we interrogate Danovich?

Diplomacy [roll0]

The Big Orc
2012-11-19, 10:20 AM
Arik stares right back at you. After a second, "You do it right here, right now."

Daphoa
2012-11-19, 12:42 PM
Deciding that Ishmark would be best with some time on his own, Adolamin sighs and turns back towards the now increasingly rowdy tavern.

After entering the tavern, Adolamin takes a second to gather the situation. Noticing what his companions were doing, he rushes over to them and, attempting to keep the fear and anger that were quickly building out of his voice, quietly speaks. "What are you doing to him?"

The Big Orc
2012-11-19, 04:41 PM
Adolamin cannot get passed the ring of townsfolk to the rest of the group and Danovich.

Daphoa
2012-11-19, 05:04 PM
Adolamin casts Ghost Sounds creating a loud banging noise to get the attention of the relevant parties. He avoids making it too loud as to not cause concern of people around the village.

petagee
2012-11-20, 10:57 AM
I lean over to Myrrdin and whisper This interrogation should not happen publicly. There is too much at stake and I do not trust the temper of these townsfolk who clearly are not level headed. And at the same time, these people seem hell bent on revenge. I struggle to see any feasible solution at this point that will not lead to violence...

Upon hearing the banging noise, with everyone's attention away, I lean over and grab Danovich, ready to make a run for it if the opportunity presents itself.

Rofltrollcopter
2012-11-20, 08:27 PM
Myrddin glares at Riven when he moves over to Danovich. no. If these people want what they feared dragged out into the light, so be it.

petagee
2012-11-20, 09:09 PM
Revan's face is grim. So be it.

We consent. This interrogation will take place here and now. I ask that Arik speak on behalf of the townsfolk here so that this may be carried out concisely. Then you may do with Danovich what you wish. I require a chair for Danovich. And please let me companion Adolamin join us. Motioning to those townsfolk near a table and those by the door

I raise my voice so everyone is the tavern can hear me. Despite this captivity, Danovich is still dangerous and should be treated as such. Be on your guard, everyone.

I tie Danovich to the chair. I then call my armour and take out my shield. When everyone seems prepared, I cast cure moderate wounds on Danovich.

[roll0]

I then place my hand around his throat. When he comes to, I lean over and tell him I can kill you at a moment's notice. Do not test my patience you foul wretch. You will answer our questions, or you will suffer a fate worse than death, I can assure you of that...

The Big Orc
2012-11-21, 10:22 AM
Adolamin gets everyone's attention with his spell.

Daphoa
2012-11-21, 03:08 PM
Adolamin looks out onto the crowd, seeing hard times these unfortunate villagers have suffered. "What is are you doing?" he asks calmly but assertively.

If the villagers have no reaction, Adolamin will say "If you have no answer, then let me at those involved. then start walking through the crowd, attempting to reach his companions. (It's not meta - he just left the inn to talk to Ishmark)

The Big Orc
2012-11-22, 04:54 PM
The villagers part for Adolamin, following him with there eyes.
"Witch"
"Sorceror"
Mutters of awe and anger can be heard throughout the townsfolk.
Arik shoots a quick glare at the man who muttered witch, "Apologies for their reactions, many fear what they do not understand. Are you here to join the interrogation?"

Daphoa
2012-11-23, 07:46 PM
Displeased at their reactions to his attention grabber, Adolamin walks through the villagers' path, showing only a small glint of pity at their reaction. Here was another group of scared and misinformed people who saw only the negative of magic. He would have to explain to them the wonders that magic could provide, given the correct user, at a later time.

Once reaching Arik, Adolamin frowns at the mention of interrogation "Their reactions are understood, and while not warranted, are not very surprising. On the other hand, what is this interrogation you speak of?"

Where is Ashlyn in all this?

petagee
2012-11-23, 07:51 PM
The man before us, Danovich, is the one responsible for the plague and undead infestation in this town. With his demise came the retreat of the undead threat. Yet, there are still many questions to be answered. We suspect his son was the root of the matter, having died only a little while ago. Danovich, in the madness of grief, tried to revive his son, creating that atrocity we destroyed earlier. Now, we must extract further information to find how deep the seed of betrayal has rooted itself and what other threats face these people and our group.

Daphoa
2012-11-23, 09:34 PM
"And what do you intend to do to him? His madness still may be curable, however even the slightest antagonistic actions may cause him to descend even farther into his madness. Do you dare treat this man as a mere source of information, disposable if none is provided?"

Rofltrollcopter
2012-11-24, 12:20 PM
Yup Myddin deadpans

Right now, the well being of the death priest is not our top priority. Danovich's fate is not mine, or yours, to determine Adolamin. He has committed a grave crime agianst this community, and he will be judged by it. His punishment is being postponed long enough for us to get what we need to protect this place if some darker scheme is afoot. That is the end of that

and now, Myrddin says in an annoyed tone. unless we have any further interruptions, may we begin with the proceedings?

Daphoa
2012-11-25, 12:09 AM
Frowning Adolamin glares at Myrddin. "You and I clearly do not see eye to eye. It is becoming rather evident that I am quite outnumbered in opinion of the matter, so I shall avoid farther attempt to appeal to your dying, if not dead, humanity. I do beg of you one thing - that you allow me to speak to him first, with no attempt at causing him harm. I do believe that restraint is, however, reasonable and prudent."

Adolamin sighs, relenting internally. "And if my methods do not manage to pierce his madness, I shall withdraw, and you may attempt to rip his madness to farther shreds in a futile attempt at his knowledge"

@All
If everyone does agree to allow Adolamin to speak first, I'll suggest everyone (accurately) RP him and his questions to Danovich in the interest of speeding up the posts

petagee
2012-11-25, 05:34 PM
I consent to Adolamin's proposal.

OOC: If everyone else does as well, I will go through with what I posted before, excluding the threat at the end at the request of Adolamin.

WyvernBlade
2012-11-25, 11:08 PM
Yes this seems reasonable. If you can convince the towns folk, of course.

The Big Orc
2012-11-25, 11:08 PM
Not sure if Adolamin's first spoiler was supposed to be just to me, but it should be fine if everyone reads this as it is public knowledge
Ashlyn is not there, she hasnt been seen since she left to bury her companions

Daphoa
2012-11-26, 04:51 PM
(Assuming no negative response from Myrrdin or an NPC)

Once Danovich awakens, Adolamin smiles at him - his face filled with a tense combination of fatigue and pity. "Greetings", he says, waiting for the expected torrent of words from the madman.

@DM
He's also reading an action to use calm emotions if an signs of chaos erupts from the villagers or if Danovich manages to escape his bounds somehow (20ft radius)

The Big Orc
2012-11-26, 05:13 PM
As Danovich awakens, his eyes land on you but it doesn't seem like he see's you at all. His eyes appear glazed over (figure of speech) and he does not respond to your words or presence.

Rofltrollcopter
2012-11-26, 05:53 PM
Ryan, can you use your magic to check to see if he is 'still here' says Myrddin

Daphoa
2012-11-26, 08:49 PM
This lack of response starkly contrasted the earlier expression of his madness. A brief look of unexpected surprise crosses his face, but he quickly grasps the situation.

"Danovich! Can you hear me?" Adolamin speaks again, generally gesturing (without making contact) around in an attempt to get his attention.

(Assuming no response)
After short seconds of fruitless attempts at gaining his attention, Adolamin's hand gestures abruptly start to become more fluid and practiced, and he starts chanting strange words for a couple seconds. He then steps back, scanning his eyes over Danovich.

DETECT MAGIC!!!!!! YAY!!!!
Also, while it's up, Adolamin will be focusing his attention on Danovich, but makes a point to occasionally look around the room for more magic auras not on party members.

WyvernBlade
2012-11-26, 09:19 PM
Ryan nodding to Myrrdin starts moving his arms and chanting.
Ryan casts detect thoughts on Danovich.

The Big Orc
2012-11-27, 01:06 AM
The villagers start whispering to each other as Adolamin and Ryan begin chanting.

Adolamin
Assuming Danovich's possessions were removed, and I think they were, you do not detect any magic on him.
As you glance around the tavern, you notice the rare aura, nothing that stands out. (aka, im sure that 1 or 2 townsfolk are carrying a potion or something and I don't want to commit to what each person has or does not have)

Ryan
You detect thoughts of sorrow.

Daphoa
2012-11-27, 04:28 PM
@DM (and Ryan I guess)
Spellcraft Check to identify Ryan's spell [roll0]

Rofltrollcopter
2012-11-27, 05:28 PM
Well? Myrddin said

WyvernBlade
2012-11-27, 06:08 PM
I detect thoughts of sorrow coming from Danovich, but there are thoughts.

Daphoa
2012-11-28, 09:30 PM
Not entirely sure whether to be happy Danovich wasn't completely gone or sorrowed for his madness, Adolamin wafted for a few moments. Then, after sitting still for a time, he leans closer to Danovich and starts talking.

"I'm going to be completely honest with you - I have no idea to what extent you can understand me. But I'm going to talk to the part of you that can. I know that you have suffered serious loss recently, and I'm going to guess you regret things you did as a result. But you there's still hope. Help make it better - even if you think you have no chance - help those you hurt. You can redeem yourself still. Please trust me."

After completely his speech, Adolamin looks to Danovich with pleading eyes, hoping for some, even minor, response.

Um, diplomacy check maybe?
[roll0]

Um... sense motive on reaction? [roll1]

The Big Orc
2012-11-30, 12:52 PM
Danovich blinks, his eyes begin to roll around the room finally settling on Adolamin. "Where... Where is my son?" a whisper comes out of his mouth, a desperate look on his face.

WyvernBlade
2012-11-30, 02:39 PM
Your son is in the chapel, but do not worry he is not in danger and no more harm will come to him.

Daphoa
2012-11-30, 03:14 PM
As Adolamin hears the question out of Danovich's lips he froze. The difficult decision was laid out before him - dare he lie in hope that Danovich may give more information, or should he tell him the truth, risking his sanity for the hope of his eventual trust. As Adolamin slowly managed to convince himself to risk the truth, the delay in response was exploited by Ryan's quicker decision. Apparently they were going to lie to Danovich. In Adolamin's mind there was no longer any hope of maintaining Danovich's trust after he found the truth, unless he could distance himself from this lie.

Looking to Ryan, suppressing his anger for the sake of appearance, Adolamin backs off slightly from Danovich and gestures for Ryan to continue the conversation. At least he trusted Ryan not to resort to harm too quickly, and if that did occur, well, Adolamin was just a little ways off and could hope to smooth things over.

The Big Orc
2012-12-01, 12:39 AM
Bluff checks for Ryan Adolamin and everyone else who is in Danovich's line of sight

petagee
2012-12-01, 01:08 PM
Bluff
[roll0]

WyvernBlade
2012-12-01, 01:57 PM
Bluff check [roll0]

Daphoa
2012-12-01, 02:09 PM
Bluff Check: [roll0]

Rofltrollcopter
2012-12-01, 04:24 PM
Myrddin gives his best poker face

[roll0]

The Big Orc
2012-12-01, 11:45 PM
Dont read
[roll0]

"What... What aren't you telling me?" his eyes burn with anger, "WHERE IS MY SON?!?"

Btw, how did you restrain him?

Daphoa
2012-12-02, 12:05 PM
I'll let Revan answer the restraint question

Adolamin tenses up at the reaction, internally blaming Ryan for all this. Looking over Danovich, he sighs and swallows, hoping so strongly that the news wouldn't destroy him, yet readying himself for the worst. "Your son... he... your son is dead. We aren't entirely certain how, but he is dead."

Adolamin's hands tense up at his front - preparing for an uproar that he expected earlier.

Readying Calm Emotions if things get violent (20ft radius, so I'm standing within 15 ft of Danovich at all times)

petagee
2012-12-02, 12:54 PM
Restraints
Restraints are made of rope, one tying his hands together, another wrapped around his chest and upper arms and then tied to the chair. Then 2 more bits of rope tying each of his ankles to the legs of the chair.

Seeing Ryan's falsehood failing, Revan tenses up recognizing the rage inside Danovich at such a great loss. Once Adolamin tells him the truth, he readies an action to cast Searing Light on Danovich should he burst from his bonds.

Rofltrollcopter
2012-12-02, 02:10 PM
Myrddin tenses up. He prepares to attack to Danovich should he take hostile action

Prepared action: try to grapple Danovich if he attempts to cast a spell

Myrddin whispers to Adolamin Can't you use your mental magic to calm him like you did before?

Daphoa
2012-12-02, 05:11 PM
Whispering back to Myrddin, "I can, but it doesn't last for too long, and I expect he will be somewhat angry with me after it ends. I'm prepared to cast it at a moments notice if things get out of hand though."

Rofltrollcopter
2012-12-08, 05:17 PM
Myrdin's gaze switches back and forth between the townsfolk and Danovich. He looks at Riven and says Deathpriest, you and I need to have a chat. Lets take this outside. Ryan, would you care to join us?

Myrddin then walks out of the tavern. While he's walking, one of the townsfolk starts playing a tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQGGQ-FCe_w

The Big Orc
2012-12-09, 11:26 AM
Danovich starts shaking and struggling against his bonds with little success. Incomprehensible words spew from his mouth.

petagee
2012-12-09, 05:58 PM
Revan turns slowly to Myrrdin How about we have that chat in here? I mean, what do we have to hide from this lunatic band of bloodthirsty miscreants? Turning and gesturing to the surrounding townsfolk.

Then Revan turns to face Danovich, Did you know that these men and women, these your former friends whom you protected, were ready to kill you without even a second thought; they didn't want to revive or interrogate you, just wanted to put a knife in your throat, no questions or argument. We had to hold these insane bloodhounds and bay to even talk to you. I think, these pups need to be put down...

Revan then moves to Danovich's ear They are the reason your son is dead. They used us, just like they used you, for their own goals and devices. This scum should be scraped off the face of this earth. Revan pulls out his scythe and Danovich's holy symbol, swiftly cuts the bonds on this arms then hands the symbol to him.

Show them that dogs belong at the heel of their master and what happens when they defy him.

Rofltrollcopter
2012-12-09, 06:45 PM
As Revan cuts Danovich free, Myddin calls out of the tavern for Rabbit. He then slowly turns back towards the center of the tavern, while simultaneously snapping the fingers on his right hand twelve times.

Finally, the last piece of this puzzle falls into place. Birds of a feather and all of that.

He calls out at Revan Im not sure why you would go to the trouble of freeing Mr. Sparkgargleweewee. He has more nuts then an oak tree if you catch my drift. Not sure how much help he can give you

Myrddin gazes at the townsfolk

Despite how I, Ashlyn, Ryan and Adolimin saved you, you treated us as ruffians to be barely tolerated. You fooled yourselves into thinking that you had complete control over what was going on. Here is your chance to prove yourselves right. Go ahead, stop them if you can.

I warn you, if you thought the Bard's display was impressive, your in for a real shock. He doesn't even have enough magic in him to turn cereal into a complete breakfast. Revan on the other hand... Myrddin says nonchalantly

send someone to get a couple dozen coffins ready

Daphoa
2012-12-10, 01:57 AM
In alarm, Adolamin completes his spell - intending for calm in the area. As he casts the spell, he panics, knowing that his magic isn't nearly as powerful when not contained in song, and thinks of other options.

The instant he finished, he quickly shouts "Wait! We don't need to fight!" Using every resource he can think of before things get out of hand, Adolamin begins singing hypnotically to Danovich and Revan.

Calm Emotions on everyone within 20ft of me (occurs immediately after Revan cuts Danovich's bonds) - Will Save DC 16
Next round, fascinate on Danovich and Revan - Will Save DC [roll0]

The Big Orc
2012-12-10, 02:21 AM
Danovich, seemingly ready to jump into the middle of the villagers with nothing but a a piece of wood, falls to the ground sobbing as Adolamin casts his first spell.
(you can pick a second target for your second if youd like)

OOC: Wow tensions are high!

Rofltrollcopter
2012-12-10, 09:28 AM
Will save: [roll0]

Rofltrollcopter
2012-12-10, 09:34 AM
(assuming he makes the will save, which should hit everything except fascinate)

Just as Adolamin casts his first spell, Myrddin walks up to him and says, No, now is the time for all truths to come out. This destruction is nessecary, like a forest purged by the fire to make room for new growth.

Myrddin shoves Adolamin to the ground, stopping him from concentrating on his song.

Never was a fan of the arts

petagee
2012-12-10, 11:08 AM
Will save
[roll0]

petagee
2012-12-10, 11:19 AM
After shrugging off Adolamin's attempt to calm him, Revan casts owls wisdom on himself. Then Revan moves over to Danovich, rage and hatred burning in his eyes. Once he reaches Danovich, he firmly places his heel on his back, Get off the ground you pathetic swine. Is this where you belong, beneath the heels of your fellow death priest.

Then removing his heel Or do you belong among us, as one of those who will bring pain and destruction to those ignorant of the power of Death himself?

WyvernBlade
2012-12-10, 11:19 AM
Will save [roll0]

WyvernBlade
2012-12-10, 11:29 AM
I ready an action to cast kelgore's firebolt at the first person who tries to stop Revan or Myrrdin.

Ryan stands there with a smile on his face watching, for now.

Rofltrollcopter
2012-12-10, 12:20 PM
I FRIKKIN KNEW IT Myrddin yells I do not believes he means you or the land harm. she said Your just being paranoid Myrddin she said.

Myrddin tells Rabbit Go fetch the paladin, she should be here to see this.

Rabbit dashes out the door in search of Ashlyn.

Myrddin turns to Ireena and the townsfolk. He just called you a bunch of dogs, are you going to take that?

The Big Orc
2012-12-10, 12:29 PM
The villagers have weapons drawn. Roll Initiative, and roll whatever checks you need to to see if Adolamin actually got knocked to the ground.

petagee
2012-12-10, 01:21 PM
Initiative
[roll0]

Approach me if you dare you vile vermin, but know that you are responsible for your death and the death of all the others in this masquerade of power you are performing.

Rofltrollcopter
2012-12-10, 01:44 PM
(I'll concede the combat manuever part, the main point was to prevent the bard from concentrating, and I'm not sure what rules that would be under)

Initiative [roll0]

I knew this would end in a great bloody mess

Daphoa
2012-12-10, 04:54 PM
Well, I'll just make a check to see if I can concentrate. We can figure out the DC after.
Perform Check (in place of concentration because of feat) [roll0]
Also Myrrdin and Revan are the targets of fascinate now.

Rofltrollcopter
2012-12-10, 05:35 PM
Are there any sources of fire nearby? torches, lanterns, and the like?

The Big Orc
2012-12-10, 07:53 PM
Revan Myrdinn Will saves

A few of the villagers are wielding torches, there are a few lanterns lighting the tavern

Rofltrollcopter
2012-12-10, 08:03 PM
Will [roll0]

petagee
2012-12-10, 09:03 PM
Will Save
[roll0]

DM
Out of curiosity, what, if any, metal is on or around the townsfolk?

WyvernBlade
2012-12-11, 12:00 PM
Ryan sees Adolamin trying to stop Myrddin and Revan and hurl a flaming rock at him (aka kelgore's fire bolt).
5d6 reflex save to half

WyvernBlade
2012-12-11, 12:08 PM
so that roll didnt work, so im trying again
[roll0]

Daphoa
2012-12-11, 12:42 PM
As Ryan's flaming rock hits Adolamin head on, he collapses on the ground, dying.

Reflex save: [roll0]
...This should be fun

@DM
At -1 HP. OOC: I don't think this is going to end up good in any way now.

Rofltrollcopter
2012-12-11, 02:20 PM
Myrddin is shocked out of the fascinate and looks around. He sees Adolimin scorched on the ground. He stoops over and tries to stabilize him.

Heal check [roll0]

Rofltrollcopter
2012-12-11, 02:29 PM
as if killing the bard is supposed to impress us Myrddin mutters under his breath. If he a had a bit better aim you would be charcoal right now, stay down and stay out of the way.

Myrddin picks Adolimin up very roughly and whispers to him

If you try to mess with my head again I will finish what Ryan started and rip out that silver tongue of yours.

Myrddin gets the attention of a nearby villager or preferably Ireena if she is close and hands Adolimin off to them.

GET HIM OUT OF HERE.

Myrddin then moves to Ryan and takes up a position to defend him. He says thanks for the assist, lets get of here and starts moving towards the door.

petagee
2012-12-11, 02:44 PM
Under his breath, Revan mutters Serves that filthy pacifist right.

Turning back to Danovich, Revan grabs Danovich by the collar and hauls him to his feet, shouting into his face YOU PATHETIC SLIME, GET UP AND AVENGE YOUR SON! THESE PEASANTS THINK YOU ARE WEAK! SHOW THEM THE POWER OF NERULL GOD OF DEATH!!

Revan then casts Ring of Blades, keeping Danovich close so he is not hurt by the whirring blades. Revan then begins to move towards the door with Danovich if he decides to follow. If he does not, I will push him to the ground so is does not get hit by the blades.

Ring of Blades: Spell Compendium page 177. Using divine spell power [roll0] therefore making me effective caster level 11, so this spell is going to last 11 minutes and deal 1d6+10 points of damage to anyone dumb enough to try and get within 5 feet of me.

The Big Orc
2012-12-12, 02:40 AM
Alright since combat is about to happen, to speed this up I would like the following from everyone (spoilered):
current HP/Max HP
current AC, flat footed and touch
bonuses for saves (so I can roll them for speed)

As Revan hauls Danovich to his feet, Danovich looks into his eyes with a cruel, knowing smile, then slams his palm in Revan's face
Revan only
You take [roll0] damage as you feel magic course from Danovich's palm
Spellcraft Check DC 20
Cure Moderate Wounds

As Myrrdin looks to Ireena to hand off Adolamin, she stares at him, sword raised to eye level. "I suggest you surrender now."

Two of the villagers and Arik the barkeep flank Ryan, Arik wielding a pair of long knives, one of the villagers wielding a torch, the other a mug.

The entire group is surrounded by villagers, there is no way out of the inn without breaking it down or fighting through them. There are around 50 villagers total, most of whom have makeshift weapons in the form of chairs, mugs, torches, etc and about 10 of whom have weapons ranging from knives to a huge axe.

Your turn

Adolamin
I agree

Rofltrollcopter
2012-12-12, 09:33 AM
Since when did the village collectively decide to grow a pair? Myrddin mutters. He tries to quickly get through to Ireena. Myrddin's eyes start to glow with bright, white light.

@DM

OOC: I'll post stats once I can grab my character sheet.
Look, I might surrender into your custody, but it looks like everyone around here is in a 'take no prisoners' kind of mood. If Ryan had wanted to kill Adolimin, he could have employed a lot more potent magicks. He just saw that Adolimin was trying to mess with me, and he wanted to take him out for a bit. I apologize for knocking him out, but I needed Revan to confess that he was a Nerullite. I suspect he was supposed to be Danovich's handler, to collect the blaspheme once the plague had proven its effectiveness. I have some friends, some very powerful friends who asked me to figure out what he was up to. Now I have proof positive that he is a servant of Despoiler. If you want my help, I don't need you to beg, just ask, politely. The paladin should be coming here shortly, between the four of us we should be able to handle Revan. But fighting him in here, with everyone around is a very bad idea.

Diplomacy [roll0]

If Ireena listens, Myrddin will move towards the door, prepare a vial of holy water for use next turn(e.g. dropping it on the ground) and wildshapes into a fleshraker.

If Ireena does not listen, Myrddin will wildshape into a fleshraker, and move based on how the others take their turns, (will update later)

If anyone attacks Myrddin he immediately wildshapes into a fleshraker.

OOC: its never a proper campaign until we start a riot
and if I can suggest something to listen to while the next part goes on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiRH47J_zuI

petagee
2012-12-12, 01:15 PM
Revan reels from Danovich's blatant betrayal, no longer allowing him to remain in his square so Danovich will be taking [roll0] damage from the swords You filthy traitorous son of a ---

Revan then puts his shield above his head and casts updraft (Which would lift him 60ft into the air) in an attempt to break through the ceiling of the tavern (Swift action). If this is successful, when he is outside the tavern he...

DM
casts light and calls out in his loudest voice Come to me my undead minions. Let us kill the townsfolk for the glory of Nerull. Then he floats down away from the tavern towards where he left his ettin undead.

If he does not break through the tavern ceiling, then on his descent he casts sanctuary on himself (assuming the spell is not broken by the blades hitting someone) and floats down towards the door. If Sanctuary would be broken by the blades, darkness instead on my scythe.

@DM Stats
Health 29/36
AC 21, Flat 21,Touch 9
Will+10,Reflex+2,Fort+6

WyvernBlade
2012-12-12, 03:27 PM
DMAC=19 (21 vs evil) flat footed AC= 17 (19 vs evil)
Fortitude 4, Ref: 4 will: 5
HP: 19/29
Ryan defensivley casts gaseous form on himself and flies out the door and into the sky.

The Big Orc
2012-12-12, 06:09 PM
Ryan
Concentration Check for casting defensively: DC 15+spell level (18?)

Revan
As you push Danovich away from you he is torn to pieces by the blades. Your attempt to escape fails and you return to the ground, the villagers keeping a health distance from you, throwing mugs at you. You take 4 points of nonlethal damage as a mug slams into your temple before you have a chance to cast your sanctuary spell. After you do, you see plenty of makeshift weapons bounce off an invisible sphere around you as you reach the door.

Myrrdin
Ireena grabs you by the collar and pulls you through the crowd. You feel a few fists slam into before finally you are through. As you get through, pulling Adolamin along (I assume), Ireena places her sword at your neck, "One wrong move. Got it?" She heads back into the group of villagers, attempting to calm them down, and to stop them from turning on each other.

Rofltrollcopter
2012-12-12, 06:28 PM
@Dm

Will Save on Sanctuary [roll0] (assuming dc of 15)

(where am I relative to the door and Revan?)

WyvernBlade
2012-12-12, 07:50 PM
concentration check: [roll0]

The Big Orc
2012-12-14, 02:06 PM
@Myrrdin
Other than a few knocked over tables, there is a straight line between you and Revan

Ryan
Your spell succeeds and you escape

petagee
2012-12-14, 06:46 PM
Once I reach the door, I open it and leave, making my way to the nearest rooftop, where Myrrdin and I kept watch the first night.

Rofltrollcopter
2012-12-18, 09:39 PM
Myrddin drags Adolimin into the nearest building (not the tavern or shop) and sets him out in a place away from the fighting. He goes outside and looks for the paladin and Rabbit (taking as many rounds as nessecary)

bastards not gonna get far wearing armor like that..

petagee
2012-12-18, 10:54 PM
DM
Seeing Myrrdin leaving Adolamin alone, I wait a little then I descend the building, creep around the side and get as close to Adolamin as possible without drawing attention. If I get within touching distance I cast death knell and kill him. If he is in view of someone who would rat on me, I stand nearby and ready myself for an opportunity to kill Adolamin.

The Big Orc
2012-12-19, 03:56 PM
Ryan, Myrrdin and Revan roll spot and listen checks.

petagee
2012-12-19, 07:17 PM
Listen
[roll0]
Spot
[roll1]

Rofltrollcopter
2012-12-19, 07:28 PM
Spot:[roll0]
Listen:[roll1]

WyvernBlade
2012-12-20, 04:35 PM