PDA

View Full Version : M&M 3e Golden Age Villainy (Group 2)

ChaosLord29
2012-09-27, 01:56 AM
Mutants and Masterminds 3e Villains Campaign- The Golden Age

Caper 1: An Affair to Remember
The opening of the National Metahuman Cultural Museum, right here in Boston is slated to be one of the biggest events of the season! An elegant structure of glass and marble, it's construction has been one of the highlights of revitalization efforts for this city in recent memory, a combined effort by ordinary citizens, government officials, the academic community and of course, the Superhuman Heroes and Heroines who have made this new age possible, and now, finally, the opening night is upon us! The museum atrium an bottom floor will be open to all, while invitational receptions are being held on the second floor and guided tours being given both to invitees and anyone willing to stand in line around the block, to see the various tributes, awards, collections, works of art, and marvelous technological wonders that mark the combined history of the evolution of Superheroes in society since the 1920s! Food, drinks, priceless antiquities, works of art and scientific marvels, what could possibly be missing from this most celebratory occasion?

But you know exactly what's missing. All this glory, laud and honor for the superheroes of the past 100 years and there's not a single supervillain featured in anything more than a footnote. Dozens of super heroes with their own personalized exhibits and the villains who made it all possible are relegated to a triviality, as if their defeat was inevitable, their contributions, meaningless. Well, that's all about to change . . .

Each of you has been contacted, contracted, or otherwise engaged to do a various task, and for all you know, you're the only one there with ulterior motives. All you have to do, is figure out how to get in, fulfill your objective, and get away, as cleanly or blatantly as you like . . . if everything goes according to plan, that is.

Control:

Control has been contacted regarding the museum opening and it has been suggested to him that perhaps the super powered community who will be on display and in top form for this occasion should be shown exactly just how little their powers can mean in the face of true human potential. After all, this museum has been dedicated to metahumans who defy the natural order, aberrations who are lauded as champions.

Gundoll:

The defeat of Gundoll's creator has been relegated to a relatively small time exhibit on the 2nd floor of the museum, with absolutely no mention of the Gundoll herself besides being vaguely referenced as 'one of his two robotic henchmen'. Obviously this slight to Gundoll's reputation cannot be overlooked. Moreover, the museum's archives house some artifacts related to the long departed creator of the paired killer android gunslingers, and may hold some plans or key to her function that better belongs in her hands than those goody-two-shoes hero types.

Aton the Immortal:

Aton has been contacted by an anonymous benefactor, someone who has informed him that the museum archives contain some of the original material related to Aton's first capture, having long ago been relegated to irrelevant. Since his escape however, these documents may prove valuable to any forces wishing to track down the famed immortal criminal and besides, it would be a shame to miss any old friends who might be in attendance at the grand opening.

Codemus
2012-09-27, 12:52 PM
"My my, the times have changed quite a bit. So, someone has taken upon themselves the task to scrape together bits and fragments of my past. We will have to rectify that at once, won't we?" Adjusting his camera strap, Aton marched up to the museum.

Just to look at him now, you wouldn't figure him to be a psycopathic murderer with delusions of grandure and a god complex.

He stood around 5 foot even, he had black hair and brown eyes, and a dark tan. He could almost be mediterranean, perhaps from Greece.

He wore kakhi pants, a deep blue polo shirt, a flat bill baseball cap turned to the side, and a pair of aviator sun glasses. He had a digital camera strapped to his wrist and a short, well trimmed beard on his face. His smile was dazilingly white.

ripleycat
2012-09-27, 02:44 PM
A seemingly abandoned warehouse, several blocks from the NMC Museum.

"Hey Joe, whatcha think?"

"How about Ava Gardner, boss? She's a beauty, but she's not so well known these days. You'll turn heads, but you probably won't get too many odd looks, if that makes sense."

"Yeah, it does. I like it. You got good taste, Joe. The crew know their jobs, and they're all packing heat, so if this goes sideways, there should be no problems with the cops. Least long enough to get away. All goes to plan, none of you will have to do a thing, though."

If it's possible for a robot to look forlorn, Gundoll manages it. "They turned her into a pile of melted scrap right in front of me, and then they've got the temerity, the moxie to write us both out of our own story! And Doc Ambrose, that poor fool... What do you wanna bet that "important exhibit" plays him for laughs, like he was some two-bit villain from the funny books? Time set the record straight, and maybe make some headlines and a little green while I'm at it."

The mechanical moll's lieutenant gave her an uneven grin. "So long as the headline isn't "Gangsters Die in Hail of Police Gunfire," it's all good to me. If things get hot, you plug one of those jumped-up capes for me, all right boss?"

"A promise I can keep, Joe. Wish me luck!"

There are a few seconds of shimmering golden light as the image constructs around her, and it's the spitting image of the glamorous movie-star in a slinky black evening dress who strides confidently through the doors of the Metahuman Museum several minutes later, heading through the crowds towards the second floor. Gundoll wanted to see this exhibit for herself before she decided how much hell to raise.

What those without X-ray vision will see.
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k218/ripleycat/tumblr_m744eoYsQk1qb8ugro1_500-1.jpg

Also, are we going to cross-ever with group 1? Should we be reacting to the things they do?

Also also, a Deception check for her disguise, just in case: [roll0]

Rhyvurg
2012-09-27, 04:35 PM
A man wearing the same suit as the wait staff walks through one of the service entrances, pushing a cart with an ice sculpture of some Super punching a guy. He makes his way quickly through the various other staff in the back halls. "Make a path, this thing's going to start melting soon!" No one should give him a second look, with this particular cargo he has every right to be in a hurry. And the cart made great cover for the rest of his gear.

ChaosLord29
2012-10-09, 11:24 PM
While Aton poses as a simple tourist, moving past the various exhibits on display, he is more or less overlooked next to the more fashionably (and in some cases garishly) dressed individuals. Such as a certain killer android who struts her way past the various celebrities and high society types with more than the necessary grace required to garner a few glances and stares. Her infiltration however is seamless as no one goes so far as to stop or recognize her as the long dead star of the silver screen, much as it does for Control, who's waiter act does just enough to get him through the bustle of the help and into the main hall which is crowded with a choice few exhibits, buffet table, dance floor and rather demure little band.

All in all, things are progressing smoothly thus far for the respective villains as they make their first steps towards their various objectives.

Gundoll arrives at the exhibit dedicated to the defeat of her creator on the second floor, where a scant few have gathered to observe the gaudy representation, displaying hyper-stylized super heroes standing triumphantly over the defeated rubble of the once proud supervillain. References to Gundoll or her companion android are nowhere to be found, and it is left to be assumed that they were just another pair of his 'mechanical menaces'. A guided tour group is making their way towards the exhibit, as a docent gives a cheery but rehearsed speech regarding the events that transpired.

Meanwhile, Aton will have noticed that all security doors are guarded by at least one guard, and discreetly patrolled by a regular detail of two more.

A few onlookers point and 'oohh' at Control's ice sculpture as he passes by on his way to the buffet table, but no one makes a fuss.

Rhyvurg
2012-10-10, 12:14 AM
Marcus stops the cart by the table and retrieves a case from under the tablecloth covering it. Still kneeling, he removes the bow tie, pulls on a jacket, and with a quick hair adjustment he looks like a guest, or management, not wait staff. He heads to the men's room, still holding the case.

ripleycat
2012-10-10, 09:56 AM
"Well, now this won't do at all." Gundoll mutters as she takes in the biased and rather cursory presentation of her creator's fall. And of course, what should have been the star attractions didn't get so much as a little footnote.

As the tour group approaches, Gundoll slinks over to the docent and slips an arm around her shoulders, a cat-that-ate-the-canary grin on the android's face. "Pardon me, doll, I couldn't help but overhear your pre-packed little talk there. Why don't ya take five and let a genuine eyewitness take these fine folks through the grippin' tale of the fall of ol' Doc Ambrose, eh?" Though disarmingly cheerful, "Ava"'s tone brooked no argument from the tour guide, and the crushing pressure of her hand on the young woman's shoulder that threatened to literally disarm her brooked even less.

Gundoll clapped her hands and spread her arms wide for the bewildered tour group. There was something in her programming that made her love to ham it up a bit for an audience. Besides, the more that heard this, the better. "Thanks for humoring me, cats n' kittens. Alas, this exhibit, though bright an' shiny an' honestly kinda garish, well, there's some distressin' errors and oversights. Now, numero uno. There were quite a few more heroes in this raid than you've got pictured here. Just off th' top of my head, I recall Astroman, The Green Terror, Shieldmaiden and Lightwing all making appearances at this rumble. Perhaps this is a limitation of the medium, so to speak, though it does seem odd that they'd cut heroes out of an exhibit at a hero museum, ya'know?" Of course, those four had spent the whole time battling the Gundolls rather than Ambrose himself, which might account for their not making the final cut.

"Much more importantly, you have done the other side of this dust-up a grave disservice! Ya see, Janes and Joes, there was quite a bit more to the brilliant Dr. Ambrose's gang than the hapless mooks and junked drones they've seen fit to include. His chief lieutenants and enforcers are nowhere to be seen! The ones who did the lion's share of the fighting are nowhere to be seen! Marvels of the modern age they were, mechanical masterpieces like nothing you've ever seen! No surely that's the better story! Ask any of the capes who were there who was more dangerous, the skinny little scientist, or the infamous Gundolls, they'll tell ya! What you see here is not how it actually happened!"

Gundoll turned to her captive (literally) audience and smiled wickedly. "How lucky for you all that I dropped in tonight, you ladies and gents are gonna get a taste of the action in person!" There was the sound of hissing hydraulics and ratcheting gears, and the guests were treated to the disconcerting sight of the lovely woman apparently pulling a gleaming Tommy gun from inside her own body, with no ill effects. The deafening chatter of the infamous Chicago typewriter echoed through the museum as Gundoll sprayed the exhibit with a hose of bullets. Up against the wall, valuables on the ground, and hands in the air! Quick! Don't make me knock someone off just to make my scratch."

If necessary here, Intimidation roll: [roll0]

Rhyvurg
2012-10-10, 11:42 AM
In the restroom and halfway in costume, Control drops into a crouch when he hears gunfire. What the hell?

Rhyvurg
2012-10-14, 11:40 PM
Marcus Wade vanishes as he pulls on the mask. Now, there's only Control. The man the world labeled a supervillain climbs up into an air duct, it would be stupid to try and make an entrance from the damn bathroom. It doesn't take long before he's looking out over the exhibit hall, where some broad was shooting up the place. Well, the more chaos the merrier. Kicking the vent cover out of the way, Control fires a rocket, exploding the head of some caped do-gooder's statue in the center of the all.