2012-09-27, 04:28 AM
A warlock attacks his foes with eldritch power,
using baleful magical energy to deal damage and sometimes
impart other debilitating effects.
An eldritch blast is a ray with a range of 60 feet. It is a ranged
touch attack that affects a single target, allowing no saving
throw. [...]

From Srd..
[...]Touch attacks come in two types: melee touch attacks and ranged touch attacks. You can score critical hits with either type of attack.[...]

Does this apply to Eldritch Blast???
In Eldritch Blast description doesn't mention anything about crt chance...
Eldritch Blast is also a Spell-like Ability...

If the above applies i suppose it crits on 20....
If it doesn't apply plz link or paste the rule...
thnx

Zombimode
2012-09-27, 04:37 AM
Does this apply to Eldritch Blast???
In Eldritch Blast description doesn't mention anything about crt chance...
Eldritch Blast is also a Spell-like Ability...

If the above applies i suppose it crits on 20....
If it doesn't apply plz link or paste the rule...
thnx

Yes, you can crit with an Eldritch Blast.

If not otherwise specified, critical threat is always at 20 and the damage multiplier at x2.

KillianHawkeye
2012-09-27, 04:38 AM
Check out the rules for weapon-like spells in Complete Arcane to get your answer.

TuggyNE
2012-09-27, 05:16 AM
Sure it can crit, why wouldn't it? Spells can, after all (as mentioned, and as the SRD explains).

Essentially, anything that rolls an attack roll to hit can get a critical, unless otherwise noted.

(I am saddened to note that Improved Critical does not appear to be applicable to rays or other ranged touch attacks, unlike Weapon Focus.)

Kerilstrasz
2012-09-27, 05:20 AM
Nice.. checked that part in C.Arc. too.. thnx all :)

Psyren
2012-09-27, 08:16 AM
(I am saddened to note that Improved Critical does not appear to be applicable to rays or other ranged touch attacks, unlike Weapon Focus.)

What? Of course it is. You can take Improved Critical (Ranged spells) or Improved Critical (Touch spells). The former will cover rays, orbs, Reach spells etc.

BowStreetRunner
2012-09-27, 09:06 AM
Complete Arcane page 72 explains the rules for applying feats to weaponlike spells. All such spells fall into one of two categories - 'ranged spells' and 'touch spells'. Note that 'ranged touch spells' fall under the category 'ranged spells' and not under 'touch spells'.

TuggyNE
2012-09-27, 04:52 PM
What? Of course it is. You can take Improved Critical (Ranged spells) or Improved Critical (Touch spells). The former will cover rays, orbs, Reach spells etc.

Complete Arcane page 72 explains the rules for applying feats to weaponlike spells. All such spells fall into one of two categories - 'ranged spells' and 'touch spells'. Note that 'ranged touch spells' fall under the category 'ranged spells' and not under 'touch spells'.

Ah, OK, I hadn't seen that (and was working off the SRD, where Improved Critical has different language from Weapon Focus). Learn something new every day!

Psyren
2012-09-27, 05:30 PM
It's also in Rules Compendium 132 (in case your DM gives you issues about CArc not being core etc.)