PDA

View Full Version : Grandpre Academy - Monique [4E]

Dekkah
2012-09-27, 08:16 AM
This thread is for the solo action or knowledges that happens to Monique.

Dekkah
2012-09-28, 03:35 PM
History check on the Natura Family (25)

From what you've read somewhere, the Natura's we're a noble and important family of the elven city of Yarten, in the Ter'yav forest. They were one of the family in charge of the protection of the Royal family, but after failing to protect king Ilthaden Moonsong from an assassination a thousand years ago or so, their family fell into disgrace. You dont recall hearing nor reading anything else important on that family.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-28, 04:48 PM
This is a good idea. I also have PM problems, lol so I get it.
For posterity:
Monique's Wishlist:

lvl 5 item
Resplendent Gloves
When you hit an enemy with an attack power that targets Will, the attack does 2 extra damage. If it is an illusion attack, one target you hit (your choice) grants combat advantage to you UEoNT.

lvl 7 item
Resplendent Circlet
enemies within 10 sq of you take -2 to insight checks. They are not aware of this effect.
Encounter Power, minor choose one ally within 5 sq, an enemy adj to that ally grants combat advantage to him or her until the end of MY next turn.

lvl 8 item
Resplendent Cloak +2
+2 F, R, W
you and each ally within 10 sq gain +2 bonus to Will defense against Charm, Fear, and Illusion attacks

lvl 8 item
Orb of Crystalline Terror +2 (Crystal Orb if poss, otherwise I'd have to transfer the enchant to my Crystal Orb)
+2d6 crit, +2 to attack and dmg
+2d8 crit if attack has fear keyword
Daily: Free action, use when hit with attack vs W. Tar takes -2 to all defenses (save ends)

lvl 5 item
Mac-Fuirmidh Cittern +1
Can use as implement
Daily Power, use during a short rest. Choose yourself or an ally that remained within 20 sq of you. Until the end of that character's next short or extended rest, they gain an additional +4 hp whenever they spend a surge.

lvl 7 item
Belt of Sacrifice
Each ally within 5 sq gains a +1 item bonus to his or her surge value
Daily Healing Minor action, lose two surges, an ally within 5 sq gains a surge.

RITUALS
I want a ton of rituals, to make myself more useful out of combat. If we level up to 6 when we hit Bord Eau, all the better:

Traveler's Chant Level 1 Component Cost 10 gp, duration 8 hours, Market Price 75 gp, Time 10 min You and up to eight allies travel farther than normal, treat speed as lowest member's speed +2.

Wavestrider Enchantment Level 4 Component Cost Focus (Wavestrider boots) Duration 1 hour Market Price 175 gp Time 10 min You and each ally within 2 sq can move on water as if it were solid ground.

Enchant Magic Item Level 4 Cost Special Duration Permanent Market Price 175 gp Time 1 hour

Transfer Enchantment Level 4 Cost 25 gp Duration Permanent Market Price 175 gp Time 1 hour

Phantom Steed Level 6 Cost 70 gp Duration 12 hours Market Price 360 gp Time 10 min Conjure up to 8 horselike creatures, arcana check = speed <19 speed 10, 20-29 speed 12, ignore diff terrain, 30-39 speed 15 move on water, >40 speed 20 fly

Sending Level 6 Cost 50 gp Market Price 360 gp Time 10 min Convey a mental message of up to 25 words to a person you know. If tar is within range, he or she receives and can respond likewise. Max range = arcana check: <9 10 miles 10-19 100 miles, 20-29 500 miles, 30-39 1000 miles >40 anywhere on same plane

Disenchant Magic Item Level 6 Cost 25 gp Market Price 360 gp Time 1 hour get residuum based on item's rarity 20% for common, 50% for uncommon, 100% for rare in gp value.

Portal Jump Level 6 Cost 75 gp and 1 surge Duration 2 rounds Market Price 360 gp Time 1 minute Choose 1 unovvupied sq adj to you and one within 20 sq of you. You create a portal to link those sq. Any creature that enters a linked sq can teleport to the other sq by using 1 sq of movement. It is dazed UEoNT.

How do you want to do Selling / disenchanting magic items? Can we sell them for half? More? If so, I wouldn't need Disenchant. How about buying items? Will we always have what we want in the shop? Cheaper to make them myself?

How do you deal with residuum / component costs? Do I need to buy "components" individually (Ie, 150 gp or two casting's worth of Portal Jump) Buy generic components (500 gp of ritual components) or just turn gp into rituals (I spend 50 gp and cast this ritual)

If you want, I could buy the Ritual Fluid Funds: Level 2 Comp Cost 0, plus a 100 gp focus Market Price 100 gp Time 1 min With this ritual you can exchange a number of coins for an equal value of other coins, gemstones for gold, art for coins, etc.

As a Bard Class Feature I can "perform 1 bard ritual a day without expending components" -- will you let me change that to "perform 1 ritual a day without expending components" or would that be too powerful?

That is all for now -- excited about getting some rituals!!

Dekkah
2012-09-28, 10:21 PM
selling and disenchanting items will be done using its rarity (as implemented now in the builder... if you dont know an item rarity, ask me) :
Common items return 25% of their value.
uncommon items return 50% of their value
Rare return 100% of their value.

I wont ask fo you to seprate your doses for each rituel, but you do need to have the correct type of component on you to be able to make the ritual (buy htem in advance).

As for the free ritual per day, I prefer that it stays bard only... bard does have some good rituals.
That being said, I like the idea, so I'll allow you to choose 1 ritual with a normal cost for it level (not one that have a boosted cost) as your signature ritual (that you can count as a bard ritual).
You can change which ritual is your signature, but it takes a full week in game to do so.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-28, 10:45 PM
So selling and disenchanting are the same return? That works for me. I've never really 'done' rituals before in 4e, so this is all new to me.

I think the only bard rituals I have are Glib Limmerick and then Traveler's Chant on the list. I should look up some more useful ones.

Like I said; exciting times!

Dekkah
2012-09-29, 06:55 AM
Just be aware that disenchant require 25 GP of component... so it actually return less residium than you would sell it for... but residium is some joker component , which make it good and more valuable.

Note that you can buy any components type except residium in every city, even small quaitities in small villages. REsidium is rare and require that you ask for it (hard to find someone who would sell it, and mst of the time, they sell it higher than its actual value)

Dekkah
2012-10-15, 05:02 PM
Arcana on Lenor's rod (29):

You know it cannot be used as a weapon as it have no regular enchantment. You detect two different auras.
One is for preservation, making sure the rod is resistant to damage and probably time.
The second one is more complicated, but after some analyse, you are sure it serve to unlock some other enchantment.

You can also make a religion check.

NotScaryBats
2012-10-15, 09:31 PM
Religion check [roll0]

So it seems to be a key?

Dekkah
2012-10-16, 08:14 AM
Religion on Lenors' rod (13):

Nothing

As for the rod being a key, that is a possibility (It is up to you to draw your own conclusions)

NotScaryBats
2012-10-16, 11:53 AM
Can I show the rod to the paladin and avenger, so they can try religion checks? How long must pass before I can try another?

Dekkah
2012-10-16, 12:05 PM
Yeah, you can ask the other to try (Ace already did).

As for having an other try, well you'd need a new source of information (like doing research at the library or using the books you're gonna go get- take some time ) or some new important revelation(at my discretion, I'll ask if that happens).

Dekkah
2012-10-17, 01:41 PM
Item wish list :
You already updated you item wish list (you already have it a few post above), but you can modify it and go up to level 15 items (but keep in mind that I need items of various level range.

NotScaryBats
2012-10-17, 09:33 PM
More items I'd like:

Sitar of Restfulness
lvl 7 uncommon 2600 gp
Power Daily Stndrd
Use during a short rest, you and each ally within 20 sq gains 9 temp hp

Irrefutable Armor +2 (Hide, because of my high int, it gives the AC of chain without the drawbacks)
lvl 7 uncommon 2600 gp
Power Daily Free Use this power when you miss an attack that targets Will. Reroll your attack with a power bonus equal to the enhancement bonus of this armor.

Deathcut Armor +2 Hide
lvl 10 uncommon 5000gp
Properties Resist 5 necrotic and Resist 5 poison
Power Necrotic Daily Immediate Reaction Use this power when an enemy hits you with a melee attack, deal 1d10+Cha necrotic damage to that enemy.

Orb of Insurmountable Force +3 (Crystal Orb)
lvl 13 Uncommon 17000 gp
Power Encounter Free
Trigger, you hit with an arcane attack power
Effect You can push the tar a number of sq = enhancement bonus of orb

Dekkah
2012-10-18, 12:03 PM
Monique Basci informations :

Once the shopping is done and you updated your character sheet, please validate and update these informations :

Initiative : +2
HP : 44
Surge value : 11
Surge/day : 8
AC: 21
Fortitude : 14
Reflex : 18
Will : 19
Resist : None
Passive Perception: 14
Passive insight : 18
Basic attack bonus/damages/effects (for OAs) : +6 v ac, 1d8+1 dmg Longsword.
Default Action when players unavailable : Vicious Mockery +9 v W 1d6+7 psychic dmg and the target takes -2 to attack rolls until the end of my next turn
Laguages : common, deepspeech(polyglot gem)

Dekkah
2012-10-19, 04:31 PM
Knowledge on Statues :

As you look at the statues, you note that they all have the same mark, surely added by some arcane spell, that identify them as made by the same person. Flammemorte probably placed them from the best quality to the poorest among the loot, so it is more impressive as she receive people. You might not noticed as much if you simply stayed in the main hall or sitting room.

Insight on Flammemorte :

The mage is hard to read, as she shows little emotion, so you cannot know if she is trying to hide something revelant to you. The only emotion you can clearly see is when she doesnt like something, which she doesnt even try to hide at all.

Dekkah
2012-10-31, 02:40 PM
History on William Foan :

At first you dont think you know something, but repeating the name you realise that Ace probably speak of Bill Foan. While Bill is often used as a diminutive from William, you've never heard or read anything about a William Foan. Chances are that Bill isnt a diminutive, but his real name
Bill Foan was know to be a great wizard living many centuries ago, with many different titles. He was among other thing, the foundator of the Moon order, a group of wizard enclined to the divination sphere. He was reputed to be a great seer and wise man. You also remember reading that he was the Headmaster of the Arcana stellar Academy as Ace said, and now that you've heard the name, you recall having read about that academy somewhere. It was the wizardry school in an old city, and you now remember it was Magdebourg. Since you're pretty sure the that the ruined building under your feets is some school for Wizard, it must the Arcana stellar Academy . You also recall Flamemorte naming the portal you used with that name.

Dekkah
2012-11-04, 11:53 AM
DM
Dungeoneering (7) on stone dome :
Nothing

Perception (14):
The scene sculpted onto the dome look religious to your eyes. You also note that the place where the goblins tried to break it open is barely scratched at all. Looking at it, either the goblins didnt try much to break it or it must be enchanted for protection.

You may roll Religion and arcana

NotScaryBats
2012-11-04, 08:31 PM
oooh I'm good at that :)
arcana [roll0]
religion [roll1]

Dekkah
2012-11-05, 08:39 AM
Arcana (27) on Dome :

You quickly find out there is an enchantment on it as you suspected.
After taking some time, you note that it have some magic to protect the dome from damage, to help it resist most of everything. It is probably the reason it is in such good state still.

Religion (23) on Dome :

The scene represent Pelor himself with armies of celestial creature fending off evil creatures. It support Ashe guesss that this would a building dedicated to Pelor.

Dekkah
2012-11-07, 09:39 AM
Arcana (19) at the double door : (IC 3, post 63)

As you open up your mind to magic, you feel that the building in front of you is enchanted. The aura is similar to the one of the dome outside.

Dekkah
2012-11-14, 11:40 AM
Perception (18) in ruins corridor (IC 3, Post 91) :

You find no traps.
THe double door are not locked and you spot no traps there.
THe whole place is well preserved and you are pretty sure that if you look into the arcane, it will at least have the same enchantment than the rest of the building, the one for preservation.
Also, the statue that Ashe claim must be traped doesnt look traped to you.
You also note that the craftmanship of the palce is incredible.

History (20) in ruins corridor (IC 3, Post 91) :

Looking at the statue, you have no clue who most of them represent, except for two (L10 and T10). They both are fabled Pelor heroes who's old legends claim they lived at least 1500 years ago. One was a warrior who freed the land to the west of Bane church oppression. The other is a priest who helped removed a plague that was decimating the mens in the northen desert. You dont really have name to put on them, as the legends you know about them give them surname and titles, like the Burning Blade and The Plague Balm. You do recognise them to details on the statues or the painted scene behind them, which you've seen before in olds legends books.

Dekkah
2012-11-15, 06:52 PM
Arcana (24) on the floor (sun area) :

As expected, there is the enchantment for protection, but you also notice a different aura in within sun. As you look at the aura, you also note what Ashe spoke of, not only that area have a different magic aura, but the stones themselves there are different from the rest of the floor. They are all cut like one would cut a pie, all reaching up to the middle of the sun, where a round 5 feet wide stone like them all.

Here is a crude image to let you see what I meant (I know it is not very well done sorry)

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/6890/sunrq.png.

This is within the sun drawn on the floor (the orange circe is the sun circle)

Dekkah
2012-11-16, 09:31 AM
Arcana (29) on Pelor Altar (IC3, Post 104) :

You focus on the altar for a few moments, looking for the enchantments. As expected, the altar is reinforced by the protective magic. You also noter that the middle part of it, where the hole is contain some different magic. As you analise it, you got some confirmation of what you thought : The magic is linked to the strange magic at the middle of the large sun on the floor. As you consider this, you also check out the rod magic again and they also match. You are almost certain of your previous guess that the rod is used to activate this key hole and it will affect the ground in the middle of the church. You also understand that this is some alteration magic, and will more than likely do something in the loine of what you said to the other before.

Religion (32) on the Altar (IC3, Post 104):

As Bolerum guessed, this is surely supernal language. While you cannot read it naturally, you are sure this is some sort of prayer but they way it is disposed onto the altar, or something along those lines.

Comprehend laguage (Supernal) on Altar (Ic3, Post 104) :

You can read the words written on the altar.

I am merciful to the repentant, just as the Sun of Mercy shines on me.
I am merciless to the vile, just as Holy Radiance burns evil.
I am the healer of the sick, just as the Sun Lord grant good harvest.
I am the avenger of the injured, just as the Light repel darkness.

This prayer does have the same form most Pelor priest use during their speach, speaking in first person, but you've never heard that one before. It's tone is also a little bit more agressive than what you'd expect from a Pelorian prayer.

Religion (32) on the Rod (IC3, Post 104):

You also can read what is written on the rod :
May the fallen rest with Pelor.

Dekkah
2012-12-11, 09:10 PM
Monique, you mentionned that you'd build your character differently if you could, what do you wish to change?
I dont mind working something out within the game to help you adjust your character to your liking (even if it is major).

NotScaryBats
2012-12-12, 05:05 AM
Um, its really just the Advantage of Cunning being wonky to use <3
I like everything else about being a Cunning Bard -- high Int, ranged attacks, Controller-y...

Like with the blue dragon fight, the party just has crappy ranged attacks, so if I went Valorous (IE melee bard) we would rock the melee fights, but just be sitting ducks for ranged ones.

So, while in some ways I would like to rework Monique for PbP, I don't think it would be a good idea in this party, and I am overall very happy with her both in terms of RP and Combat.

Most of the frustration, to be honest, is because my attack rolls have been mostly 3's and 1's and stuff <3

Dekkah
2012-12-12, 06:40 AM
Well for the low rolls, It cannot do anything much.

For the cunning virtue, dont worry too much about it and just be logical.

It rarely really for ce an huge retcon, sure with the solo or bunched up monster it may, but it is usualy manageable.

If you want I can try to use it for you and try to keep it in mind and play your ability to the best of my own.

NotScaryBats
2012-12-12, 09:29 PM
I've been kinda shy about using it, but I'll just try to be more proactive. I think we know each other well enough by now <3

Dekkah
2012-12-13, 01:56 PM
I hope the turn I took for you is ok with you.

You seem really busy (didnt reply Ic in the last few days) so I tok the liberty of moving things forward)

NotScaryBats
2012-12-13, 02:38 PM
Yeah, that is great. I'm sorry I didn't do it IC, sometimes when my choices are difficult, I can't churn out a post on a 15 minute break, so it delays me lol

Dekkah
2012-12-15, 07:36 PM
Just so you know I plan to post again for you next monday (if you dont reply by it) as your 24 hours (excluding week ends) will be expired.
Here is what I'll do as actions (I dont know all your powers, but I think your options are limited with the restraint) :
If I were you I'd try to escape (if succeed move in line to heal Ashe), if fail try to escape again (but keep the healing for later). So that is what Ill auto play monday.

NotScaryBats
2012-12-15, 11:36 PM
yeah that is pretty much all i can do.

Dekkah
2012-12-17, 02:18 PM
No pressure, just reposting the information here since we have been chatting actively OOC and you may not see Bolerums result easyly.

It is Monique turn (finaly a turn without any restraints - but keep in mind that you dont see in the prison unless you move in it)... here is the updated map

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/6250/fallentower.jpg

Dekkah
2012-12-18, 11:50 AM
Psi : In case you did not see Ace question :

Do Ashe and Monique want to delay until after Ace to see if he can clear out some minions?

The idea is that Ace does have a power that might kill more than one enemies and this might free some of you some action so you can attack TG.

Dekkah
2012-12-22, 09:44 AM
Arcana on magic circle (22 for the outer one (orange), 24 for the inner one) (Ic3, post 213) :

Both circle have been made to be permanent and imbued with magic, that is for sure.

The outer circle is something you've never seen before. Runes on it does have looks similar to teleportation circle, but the only thing you really be certain of is that it is meant for some transportation. You just dont know how it works.

The inner circle is easyer, it is some undead ward to make sure undeads cannot pass from one floor the the other.

Also, the way both circles are placed, you are pretty sure that the undead ward is there to make sure that undeads cannot use whatever transportation the other circle is doing.

Dekkah
2012-12-30, 10:26 AM
Arcana (15) on the plane of shadows and way back to the material plane :

monique doesnt know much about the shadowfell. From what she read somewhere, it is a dark echo of the material plane, where the souls of the deads depart to reach their after life destination. While there is light in the place, it is gloomy and dimer. While that place is some reflexion of the material plane, it is still quite different and usually a twisted version of what you would expect.

Looking at the two magical circles on the floor, you are pretty sure that this portal can give you access back the the material plane. How exactly, you dont really know.

Dekkah
2013-01-08, 09:59 AM
History (17) on undead heraldry symbol :

You've remember having seen this symbol in a book. It is the mark of a vampire named Bael Milliar.

Dekkah
2013-01-08, 04:44 PM
Dongoneering (23)

As you hear Ace speak of this tower collapsing, you look at the tower structure again and you are pretty sure this tower should stand for quite some time still even if the weather keep its work. You estimate it would stand at least many decades, if not a few hundreads of years.
Also, the portal circle itself looked quite well preserved too.

Dekkah
2013-01-08, 10:15 PM
Religion (13) on First book.

As you look at the symbol on the cover, you have no idea what is within. As you quickly browse throught it, you realise it is some sort of holy book about a god named Dol Dorn. Even there, the only thing you know is that you've never seen any book about him before.

History (27) on second book.

The symbol on the book is familiar to you. You remember having seen it before. It is Magdebourg official seal symbol. As you open the book, the first page is written in a clean and styled scrypt and read thus :

Magdebourg Log
By Bill Foan
Headmaster of the Arcana Stellar Academy.
Quickly browsing the pages, you realise that this is some sort of diary. You fast read (history 27) throught it and realise that the book is a journal written by Bill foan, but exactly about his life. These are the record of his actions as Magdebourg Arcana Stellar Academy highmage. They relate his actions starting august 21st, 484, up to november 11th, 512. During you fast browing of the pages, a mention draw your attention : Bill was doing researches about the chest of Never to help correct some problems he foresaw.

To read it completly and get every information from it, you need to spend 8 hours (can be done 1 hour at a time - I've split it in 8 section).

Dekkah
2013-01-09, 09:26 AM
Religion (23) on Holy symbol in Bolerum's arm :

AS you inspect the holy symbol that sunk in Bolerum flesh, you realise that it isnt really an holy symbol. It is a boon of the god, in this instance of Kord, a gift that only a true beleiver can use. From the look of it, Bolerum was deserving, as it seem to have linked itself to the paladin.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-11, 05:06 PM
Cleaning out my inbox. Here's some relevant stuff.

Monique's Background
Raised in Calimor (east of Torres on the map). Her adoptive father's name was Robert Du Soleil. He has always been cool in his relations with his daughter, if not outright cruel. He does not like that she is a Changeling.
When she came to age, she went to Torres (the country capital), with her bard mentor.
She travelled to Bord-Eau to seek more informations on the Chest of Never (some old scroll mention it have been seen last in that area).

After spending 3 days in the town library and found nothing on the chest of never.

The goblin attacked during her 3rd day there....

Religion Stuff:
The god mentionned by Ashe (Dol Doran) is completly unknown to you.

As for the temple of Bane location, the others sure told you where it is as they just explored it (it is north of the city (about 2 hours away). But knowing this and the fact that it was hidden, you remember that some Bane priest named Ralmor Nilart was acting as a tyran in this region (well before Bord-Eau was built). He was controlling the ancient city called Magdebourg. This was many centuries ago though.

OOC : Yeah, I know 24 is high, but you really never heard of Dol Doran ;).

You know that pelor isnt the major divinity from there area. The main temple of Bord-Eau is dedicated tyo Erathis. Still, there is a decent sized temple and order of Pelor in the city.

Nothing historical let you beleive there was an other temple (ruins ) in this area.

Something does strike you though with the map AShe found out. There is a note under Pelor Temple header that you have heard of : Magdebourg.

You dont know much about that, as there isnt much left known nor written about it, except that it would be some city destroyed long ago on the peninsula.

History :
Seeing this, you remember having read once a legend that Magdebourg have buried by some heroes. At that time you took this as some frivolous idea and legend, but seeing all this, you start to beleive it might have been true (note that you dont remember where you've read this)

Portals
You also not that the metal used to create this circle is extremly rare and comes from the astral plane : it is named Fandonium ((dont look for it in books , I invented it lol)). You actually never saw that metal before, but you can feel the enhancing magic in it. From what you heard, teleportation circle made stay open 5 time longer than regular ones.

Orc's Tattoo
The tattoo represent Asmodeus.

Asmodeus
Asmodeus is the evil god of tyranny and domination.
He rules the Nine Hells with an iron fist and a
silver tongue. Aside from devils, evil creatures such as
rakshasas pay him homage, and evil tieflings and warlocks
are drawn to his dark cults. His rules are strict
and his punishments harsh:
✦ Seek power over others, that you might rule with
strength as the Lord of Hell does.
✦ Repay evil with evil. If others are kind to you,
exploit their weakness for your own gain.
✦ Show neither pity nor mercy to those who are
caught underfoot as you climb your way to power.
The weak do not deserve compassion.

Dekkah
2013-01-17, 03:41 PM
First read on Magdebourg Log (4 hours) :
Here is a summary of the interesting things you learn reading it. There is a lot more informations, but this is what you get out of the first half for now (each paragraph represent an hour read)

At the beginning of the logbook, Bill mention that some tyrant named Ralmor Nilart, a priest of Bane was in partial control of the peninsula. While he was not the official ruler, he did have his hands into the affairs of the city. Bill struggled for quite some time trying to bust out his contact and foil the bane priest actions and plans.

Around year 492, Bill wrote that he fore see some terrible fate for the city. From that point, many entries mention his attempts to change thing, but to no avail.

In 497, Bill started his research on a legend that might help him solve his problem : The chest of never.

In 502, some heroes managed to find Ralmor and killed him, removing the thorn in the foundations of Magdebourg. Sadly, Bill write a few days later that this didn’t correct the wrong that he foresaw.

Dekkah
2013-01-19, 04:35 PM
Roll an active insight check on Flammemorte since you focus on readig her.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-19, 04:52 PM
[roll0]
If it comes up, enemies suffer -2 to insight checks

Dekkah
2013-01-19, 04:57 PM
Insight (12) on Flammemorte :

She doesnt seem like to have much emotions, but she look genuinely surprised about the temple, making you beleive she did not know it was there.

Dekkah
2013-01-21, 12:05 PM
Two hours reading Magdebourg log (5 and 6 part)

In 504, Bill found some important clues about the chest of never, the roots of the legends, which were an thousand years old or so at that time. Unlike the legend says, it isn’t some sort of chest that simply grants wishes, but a group of 6 items. From what he found out, these items were used by a group of 6 heroes who defeated a ancient Djinn named Ekneverth’miar. The Djinn was so powerful, that even once defeated, the heroes could not slay it. The heroes had to perform some ritual to seal the creature into 6 items. To perform the ritual, they took a rib from the defeated monster chest and create an item with it so seal the monster power. Once the power was sealed, the items when reunited , could be used to summon the monster Djinn spirit and deal with him. While the creature is sealed, it still retained most of his power and could grant about anything for the right price. The heroes, fearing one vile person would gain access to that power, each took an items and decided to split up. In time, the original legend was deformed and lost, leaving only the part about the wish and the name Chest of Never, for where the bones were taken (in the chest of ekneverth’miar).

In 505, Bill assembled many of his old friends, that he simply mention as retired adventurers, and ask them to look for the 6 items. They formed 6 different teams and scattered around the country, and even beyong , looking for the Chest of never. There is many names written in those pages, and you have the feeling that he deliberately omitted to say which ones where his friends to protect them in case this book fell into enemies hands. Still, one comes often and you are sure that he was among Bill friends and the searching crew : some mage named Furtimanius.

I assumed you would do the same thing (retire and read) while the other go see Grok and the thieves and would only attend Dinner with William and Zorana.

I added two hours of read above.

You may do an history check if you wish.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-21, 12:59 PM
History check [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-01-21, 01:38 PM
History (26) on Furtimanius :

You immediatly recognise that name : Furtimanius. He was a human mage who lived quite some time ago. From what you've read and heard about him, his stories span from the years 500 up to 800 or so, which doesnt match with the race lifespan the legend tell he was. There is one story about him being immortal, but since he vanished from history around the years 820 or so, even immortality isnt a sure thing.

From the stories, the mage was a powerful one, who had an hand in many of the major event in his active period. He was always looking into the unknown, being something magical or simply mundane history. Many of the legends say he was looking for something, but no one seemed to really know. You've seen legends about some powerful magic, some ancient lost civilisation and even for a cure to some disease.

You remember seeing an image of the mage, fighting some dragon with many other heroes in some history book named : History of the Drylands ("Les Terres arides" on the country map). You knew it was him on the drawing because his emblem, an hooked staff and spear forming an X under a diamond, was drawn on the one of the heroes clothing.

Nice roll.:smallsmile:

Dekkah
2013-02-05, 01:31 PM
Level up to 6
Once your done leveling your character, please update/confirm these infroamtions (I use that during combat).

Monique :
Default Action when players unavailable : Vicious Mockery +9 v W 1d6+7 psychic dmg and the target takes -2 to attack rolls until the end of my next turn

Dekkah
2013-02-07, 01:34 PM
Acrana (22) on ritual scene IC3, post 443 :
This is obviously as link portal that have been made here. Sadly, you cannot really see that destination address that was used as you see only a few of the address symbol. Still, the few symbols you see does confirm it was not made to reach the only other portal your know in the Arcana Stellar Academy.

Dekkah
2013-02-07, 03:29 PM
Perception 13 on armor :

You find no marks that could help identify it.

History 18 on book to learn the name of unknown Statue :

Searching the books quickly, you dont manage to associate the statue to some heroes. Still, you only easyly associate three heroes from the statues, mostly becasue there is an picture very similar in the book of them. It would require much time to really read them all.

With what Ashe said about the bone, you are entiltled an arcana check if you want.

Dekkah
2013-02-07, 04:08 PM
Arcana on the bone armor (29 - I rolled for you)

You inspect the bones careflully. Ashe is right, these bones must belong to some interplannar creatures. You would think that most of the armor is made of some celestial creatures bones. You focus your mind to understand the magic in it and you immediatly note that 5 links in the chainmail have a different magical signature. Looking at those links, you note that these bones are from a different source. These also are from interplanar creatures and could very well be from a genie bone, as they are more fitting from some elemental plane creature.

You also note that there is an other aura than the powerful enchantment of the armor. You cannot identify it, but it look like some warding magic and it seem linked to the 5 mail links.

Dekkah
2013-02-07, 05:03 PM
I assume that by scepter, you mean the key to unlock the temle stairway.
Their magic is very different.
The links magic is more lakin to the undead wards you've seen (it is different) rather than the rod magic.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-07, 05:09 PM
that's exactly what I meant, thanks <3

Dekkah
2013-02-23, 11:56 AM
Need stat update.
Monique :

Dekkah
2013-02-23, 03:13 PM
Translation from IC3, Post 521
The two goblin who were too far to get hit are looking around their eyes open wide, one asking,
"Wak ther not?"
((What are you doing?))

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 11:15 AM
TRanslation from IC 3 post 527 :

The two surviving goblin infantry look at each other, then back at the heroes, spoting Ashe and Bolerum jumping onto the other one. One of them yell,
"Nok'th buer slom!"

((It's the ear slicers!!))

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 06:31 PM
During Ace turn :
You feel a mental intrusion.
Hello, this is Jorge. Master Gadzani wants you to know that a new goblin patrol has arrived to the southwest.

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 07:49 PM
Speed is 8.... did you added 2 for Combat advantage Noscary?

NotScaryBats
2013-02-25, 07:50 PM
no, I didn't add ca.

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 07:51 PM
Checking the map, you would need to have the wolf run (thus gain -5 to attacks until the sart of your next turn).... do you do that?

Dekkah
2013-03-12, 09:07 AM
Goblin translation from Ic 3, post 591
The the north-west, the green skinned creature facing Ashe grow frustrated and try a bold attack that Ashe simply deflect with his long blade.
"Muer thin Jual!", say the goblin to the hobgoblin behind him.

((Help me bard!))

Dekkah
2013-03-13, 06:37 PM
Are you reading the OOC posts?
I ask because you reply to me if you wanted to spend surges and what encounter power you want to regain.

If you dont know what I am talking about, readt at least OOC post number 934 up to 937.

NotScaryBats
2013-03-13, 06:47 PM
haha, I have been reading what I thought were the ooc posts, but clearly I missed a chunk of the current page :P

Dekkah
2013-03-14, 10:13 AM
Translation IC 3, Post 611
You all hear Kodan yell in goblin , "Nir Tuart Fer dok!"
((Return back to the fight coward!))

Dekkah
2013-03-15, 10:50 AM
Translation, IC3, Post 718 :
As Kodan foot infantry keep moving, he yell,
"Dont kill that traitor," the leader indicate Antione, "we will interrogate him. The rest can die."

The foot soldiers rush forward, but one manage to charge and reach Bolerum. His spear get pass the paladin defense, hiting the man side and forcing him to the left beside the other goblin.

Seeing the speargoblin attack Bolerum, the Blue Snake tattoo leader say,
"That one is Mine, get the others."
He ride his mount forward and charge at Bolerum, "Let's see what you've made of."

Dekkah
2013-03-26, 11:20 AM
Recognition IC3, Post 668.
You recognise the one who speak as Mirl, from the Axe Clan.

In ase you dont remember , read the old IC 2 thread, page 22 and onward.... the meeting with the Axe clan (Narth and his boys)

Dekkah
2013-04-04, 07:58 AM
During your ritual mastering (Sending)
As you learn your ritual, someone knock at the door. You first ignore him, but he knock again, then a third time, saying,
"Miss Monique, I need to speak with you on behalf of the highmage Flammemorte."
You recognize the man voice as Flammemorte apprentice.

While mastering a ritual require 8 uninterrupted hours, I still think you can take a short break in it to do some not too sternous stuff (like take a few minutes to answer someone like this). TO me it only mean that you cannot start to do the ritual , stop for a day of travel, or do a battle, the continue.

Dekkah
2013-04-05, 02:04 PM
Personnal quest :
In the spirit of planning my game with your character objectives, I'd like to know what is/are your personnal quest(s) and what is the next step for advance it/them?

Dekkah
2013-04-11, 09:02 AM
Passive insight (15+) on Grok (IC 3, post 745)
One thing strike you as odd is the fact that he will be leaving in two days. To your knowledge, the boats are kept in docks and the goblins hold the only other access out of the peninsula.

Dekkah
2013-04-16, 11:05 AM
Flammemorte meeting being done, what are you planning to do?

This can include what you plan do to in general until the incoming battle (22 days or so in the city)

Dekkah
2013-04-17, 12:15 PM
I assumed you will get back t your room and work on your rituals (learn one today) and read what is left of the log (you still had two hours left to read - the part in Majenta is what you had not read before).

You will have 22 days on your own to fill (you can learn one ritual per day)... list those you learn please.

What else will you do during that time?

Reading Magdebourg Log (written by Bill Foan)

At the beginning of the logbook, Bill mention that some tyrant named Ralmor Nilart, a priest of Bane was in partial control of the peninsula. While he was not the official ruler, he did have his hands into the affairs of the city. Bill struggled for quite some time trying to bust out his contact and foil the bane priest actions and plans.

Around year 492, Bill wrote that he fore see some terrible fate for the city. From that point, many entries mention his attempts to change thing, but to no avail.

In 497, Bill started his research on a legend that might help him : The chest of never.

In 502, some heroes managed to find Ralmor and killed him, removing the thorn in the foundations of Magdebourg. Sadly, Bill write a few days later that this didn’t correct the wrong that he foresaw.

In 504, Bill found some important clues about the chest of never, the roots of the legends, which were an thousand years old or so at that time. Unlike the legend says, it isn’t some sort of chest that simply grants wishes, but a group of 6 items. From what he found out, these items were used by a group of 6 heroes who defeated a ancient Djinn named Ekneverth’miar. The Djinn was so powerful, that even once defeated, the heroes could not slay it. The heroes had to perform some ritual to seal the creature into 6 items. To perform the ritual, they took a rib from the defeated monster chest and create an item with it so seal the monster power. Once the power was sealed, the items when reunited , could be used to summon the monster Djinn spirit and deal with him. While the creature is sealed, it still retained most of his power and could grant about anything for the right price. The heroes, fearing one vile person would gain access to that power, each took an items and decided to split up. In time, the original legend was deformed and lost, leaving only the part about the wish and the name Chest of Never, for where the bones were taken (in the chest of ekneverth’miar).

In 505, Bill assembled many of his old friends, that he simply mention as retired adventurers, and ask them to look for the 6 items. They formed 6 different teams and scattered around the country, and even beyong , looking for the Chest of never. There is many names written in those pages, and you have the feeling that he deliberately omitted to say which ones where his friends to protect them in case this book fell into enemies hands. Still, one comes often and you are sure that he was among Bill friends and the searching crew : some mage named Furtimanius.

Around 509, Bill write that some of the Bane cult who were following Ralmor Nilart gathered and were trying to reform their covenant, fighting for leadership and hoping to regain their power over the region. Bill worked to try and prevent that. At that point, two of the chest of never items had been found, and two more potentially located.

In 511, four item of the chest of never is found. He is fearing that someone may try to steal the relic from his group, so he ask 4 of his closest friend to take them in their custody and hide them until the other manage to find the rest.

In 512, 5 of the 6 items are found. Most of Bills multiples attempts to counter the priest end in vain and it is noted that they are gaining power over the city council. Many entries are comments about important city people being either assassinated or more than likely corrupted by the bane cult. Still, Bill managed to save a few in the council and they did manage to halt the Bane cult and struggle with them for the city control. In the end, the Bane cult made a pact with demons and let them free in the city by opening some rifts between this world and the Abyss. Apparently, they stupidly thought they could control the demons, but in the end they lost control and the creatures are getting more numerous and are rampaging the city. The last entry of the city written by Bill, written november 11th, 512, says he doesn’t see any way to stop what he have foreseen now as there is too much chaos to actually use his gift, but he still will try to buy some more time, hoping his friends will manage to finish what he started and gather the items.

NotScaryBats
2013-04-18, 03:29 PM
I have 11 Rituals I'd like to master, and would like to spend my free time on those days reading extra books.

I'm gonna see what kind of funds we have to work with in regards to creating new magic items, etc. So, let me ask teh group real quick.

Dekkah
2013-04-22, 09:04 AM
Actually, you could be able to master two rituals per day (16 hours) if you wanted to.... even if I think this is quite sternous work (mentally lol).

No problems.

If you have subjects you want to do research on, list them and roll an skill check accordingly (you can redo about any roll you already did since you have access to a new source of information - Bord-Eau library)

Dekkah
2013-04-29, 08:10 AM
AS I mentionned above, you can do a skill check on subjects (which is actually research about it).

each day, you have these options :
Learn one ritual and do a reasearch on one subject
OR
Learn two rituals
OR
Do research on two subjects.

((OF course, you can want to do osme other stuff too(create items, speak with some spécific people,etc.), so consider you have two segment of 8 hours per day (16 total) for that purpose))