Pages : [1] 2

Dekkah
2012-09-27, 08:17 AM
Heirloom List

Cloak -

Seen worn by dwarven king on drapery
Wrist Bands
Gauntlets - Vil’Khan (Dol Dorn cleric) - Healing Word

Found at Fort-Du-Col, was on one of the snake clan warlords named Brask (IC 3 - Post 963)
Armor
Bow
Helmet
Boots

CLue : Simon Beausac, Torres, in the west district, on the Sunleaf road. It is the 15th house from the wall, on the north side (IC 4, Post 5)
Belt

Mechanicly, here is how this works.
1 - Each ancestors grant a different power (Vil'Khan let you use Healing word cleric power -you'll have to ask other what they grant when you find them :smallwink:)
2 - To use a power, you have to pay 1 surge + 1 Surge for each time you used such a power since your last short or extended rest. (So the first time in a combat cost you 1 surge, second 2 surge, 3rd cost 3, etc.)
3 - You can use the same power multiples times if you wish or different powers, but you are restricted by any other rules of that power (healing word cannot be used more than twice in a combat, and once per turn only)

This thread is for the solo action or knowledges that happens to Ashe.

Item wish list (2013-09-27)
Jagged Fullblade +3 (lvl 12)
Sanguine Vestments Cloth Armor +2 (lvl 8)
Gambit Githweave Armor +3 (lvl 13)
Cloak of Distortion +2 (lvl 9)
Floorfighter Straps (lvl 15)
Gauntlets of Blinding Strikes (lvl 11)
Bridle of Conjuration (lvl 4)
Chime of Opening (lvl 5)

Personnal quest :

The only thing I recall of the top of my head was the cloth with the image of the dwarf with I believe the cloak item.

Minimal refresher :
I am not sure if you manage to get information out of it with history checks (your or some from others). I am sure you learned that the dwarf wearing it on the picture was among the enemies assembled forces who defeated Sel'than, stole his heilooms and killed his king (he told you that when you found it - he was still free roaming spirit at that point).

Gillric
2012-10-11, 11:01 AM
Insight check on the Captain: [roll0]

Dekkah
2012-10-11, 11:12 AM
The man appear quite honest. You actually realise that he have a lot of respect for William and are pretty sure he hold similar valors as the old captain does.

Dekkah
2012-10-17, 01:31 PM
Item Wish list
In the spirit of preparing some treasure ahead of time, here is your old Item wish list.

You may update it (up to 10 items, max level 15)

Staggering Fullblade (lvl 2)
Ravenclaw Warblade (Fullblade +2) (lvl 8)
Cloak of Distortion (lvl 4/9)
Sanguine Vestments +2 (lvl 8)
Iron Armbands of Power (lvl 6)
Antipathy Gloves (lvl 10)
Belt of Vigor (lvl 2)

NOTE : Try to give me choice at various level range please.

Gillric
2012-10-17, 06:58 PM
Jagged Fullblade +3 (lvl 12)
Sanguine Vestments Cloth Armor +2 (lvl 8)
Gambit Githweave Armor +3 (lvl 13)
Cloak of Distortion +2 (lvl 9)
Floorfighter Straps (lvl 15)
Gauntlets of Blinding Strikes (lvl 11)
Bridle of Conjuration (lvl 4)
Chime of Opening (lvl 5)

Dekkah
2012-10-18, 11:58 AM
Ashe Summary information :
Please valid these once you're done updating your items.

Ini : +6
HP : 49/49
Surge value : 12
Surge/day : 7
AC: 21
Fortitude : 14
Reflex : 18
Will : 18
Passive Perception: 26
Passive insight : 16

Basic attack bonus/damages/effects (for OAs) : +10, 1d12+7 damage
Effect: I shift 1 square and slide the target 1 square into the space I occupied.

Default Action when players unavailable : DELAY
Laguages : Common, Elven

Gillric
2012-10-18, 12:23 PM
All information is accurate, only my RBA has changed.

Gillric
2012-10-19, 09:58 AM
This whole thing bothers me slightly, just to be safe:

[roll0] to see if Ace is really Ace and not Red Dagger

EDIT: OF ALL THE TIMES TO ROLL LOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ARGH

Gillric
2012-10-19, 10:02 AM
Same check on Flammemorte...

[roll0]

Dekkah
2012-10-19, 10:12 AM
Insight on Ace (9) :

That man does look and act as Ace
Insight on Flammemorte (13) :

You dont have any reference on what she was before, so it is hard to really know if it is her. But she seem to act as the rumors you've hear dof her (not too much tact, direct and not too patient).

NOTE : Ace should had had that accent and way of speaking before if this is what bugs you lol...

Gillric
2012-10-19, 10:14 AM
no, thats not it. not really sure what. something just feels off about the whole situation

EDIT: the checks were mostly to detect disguises/illusions

Dekkah
2012-10-19, 10:28 AM
Ok, you dont see any illusions then.

Dekkah
2012-10-30, 11:48 AM
DM
Perception on the goblin corpse (part 3, post 38 )

Ashe also note that this creature isnt from the Snake clan, but have a different brand that Ashe guess is his clan mark : two small red dots on his neck. Also, from the content in his bag, Ashe is pretty sure the goblin where looting the corpse (was you left on them, which isnt much)

Dekkah
2012-11-02, 04:12 PM
DM
In the ruins, at the portal
The corpse you loot at the portal also have the two red dot on their neck as clan mark. They also carry a lot of mundane loot gathered in the goblin city above. It confirms your theroy that they are scavenging the corpse your left.

At the dome :
After you defeat the goblin and have more time looking at the dome, you suddenly realise that you've seen it before. It take you some time to realise that it isnt one of your memory, which makes it a little bit weird, but a memory from Sel'than Natura.

You remember being at the base of a majestic Pelor temple. While it isnt as big as some others, his achitecture is quite impressive. Looking up, you see a nice dome, exactly like the one coming out of the ground, except there is a Pelor statue atop it. As you look back on the ground level, there is a group of people gathered around an elven corpse for a funeral that you recognise as your cousin, El’ya Morlil. He was a Pelor priest, one of your best friend. The funerals are simple, and at the end you walk to him and take off your cloak and place it over him. You see that the cloak is quite nicely crafted, with the Natura family crests.
"Rest in peace my friend."
Everyone else pay their respects, some giving something to the departing spirit like you did, other doesnt.

In the ends, the priest pick up the coffin and carry him into the temple, to place him within the temple crypt, where every priest from Magdebourg are buried.

The quote is the memory that you know isnt yours.

Gillric
2012-11-08, 07:48 AM
ok, knowledge checks galore:

Religion: [roll0]
Arcana: [roll1]

Initiative: [roll2]

Dekkah
2012-11-08, 11:39 AM
Religion (18) :

The sun symbol does make you think Pelor, but the design is quite differen that what you are used to, which make you uncertain at first. Then you have some memory, not yours again, of your dead cousin wearing this very same symbol, a Pelorian insigna that a priest should wear.

Arcana (13) :

You do feel that most of the place have some magical auras, but you does not manage to get a good feel of them and doesnt learn more of their function.

Dekkah
2012-11-12, 01:37 PM
Passive Perception in Dormitory (IC 3, post 75) :

The elf enter the dorm and scan the area quickly for danger. He is quickly satisfied that there seem to be no creatures in that area. The furniture is still in decent shape, for the estimated age it should have. Still many does show the passage of time effect and would require some repairs. You beleive the only reason it is all in decent shape is that the place is quite dry and that no humidity seem to come up to this area. The celling is about 15 feet high in that area.

You also note that most of the place have been searched, with the chest contents poured out, and there is little chance you would find anything unless the looters missed something.

Since you did not declare an active perception, I assume you dont spend much time checking the place. What do you do? Stay there, reurn with the others?

Also, since you've got some memory of the temple, here is the shape it have in your memory (from outside).

Temple rough layout :
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4905/templelayout.jpg
The front of the temple (Blue), where the main door was. Decorted ouside with statues, and with many side windows to let in the light, the roof there was roughly 25 feet high. That seciton was about 60 by 60 feets or so.

Behind that, there was to smaller section (red) on each side where the roof was lower, about 15 feet high or so. There was no windows there.

Between those two section, there was an higher narrow section, about 30 feet high and 30 feet wide, with many decorated windows.
Behind that, what you assume to be the main church area, was a 70 x 120 feet building, roughly 50 feet high, toped with a nice stone dome (Pink). The whole building was decorated with Pelor sculptures. Even the high windows had imaged within them.

At the far back, there was a lower section (Brown), rougly 20 x 70 that was half the hieght of the higher section (30 feet).

Dekkah
2012-11-12, 01:47 PM
Note that I just edited the image.... so it reflect the proportion better (width difference between the front and back section ) .

Gillric
2012-11-16, 09:52 AM
Ok, time for some checks:

Religion on the statues in the entrance chamber: [roll0]
Religion on the altar: [roll1]
Religion on the statue at the back of the main room: [roll2]

Arcana on the altar: [roll3]

History on the statues in the entrance chamber: [roll4]
History on the statue in the main room: [roll5]

Perception on the statues in the entrance chamber: [roll6]
Perception on the floor in the main room: [roll7]

Dungeoneering on anything that it might be useful on: [roll8]

Dekkah
2012-11-16, 10:16 AM
Religion on the statues in the entrance chamber: (17) :

These represent Pelor follower, probably heroes. By their armors and weapons, you are pretty sure that most of these were some sort of avengers or invokers, while only one is wearing plate and an other chainmail, making them probably paladins and priest.

Religion on the altar: (12)

Nothing

Religion on the statue at the back of the main room: (13)

That is a Pelor representation, the Sun god of light and healing..

Arcana on the altar: (6)

You barely manage to feel the magic aura.

History on the statues in the entrance chamber: (11)

If all these are Pelorian heroes, you dont belevie you've heard of any of them. But when you come face to face with the elven one, a memory flicker in your mind, one that you sure doesnt belong to you. The elven statue is of Belnor Golfleaf, a Pelor avenger who marked the elven legends by dismantling an Orcus cult and slaying evil demon cult leader somewhere in the northen desert. Knowing when this happened is a little hard though.

History on the statue in the main room: (17)

The statue is the regular Pelor representation, the same one that you've seen in many temple, yet, there is a slight difference. Usually, the Sun god is represented as a commoner, wearing simple clothes. This one, appear to be wearing some chain armor. He even cary an heavy mace, which is his cult favored weapon, at his belt, which regular statues doesnt have. Otjher than that, the sun god expression is benevolent as usual, as is his posture with open arms.

Perception on the statues in the entrance chamber: (30)

You cannot find any mechanism that would support the idea of a trap as written on the map you found, but your perceptive eyes does detect some flicker of magic onto the statue. You are aware that most of this place is enchanted, as Monique said, but there seem to be more on these than the regular magic on the walls.
Perception on the floor in the main room: (35)

As you look at the ground, you immediatly notice what the map say. The stones in the middle of the huge sun are different from the rest of the room. They are all long stone going toward a 5 feet round stone in the middle. The steon look like pies parts. It is quite evident that these part can be moved, as they arent as thight as the other and there is no grout nor dust between them. It uis also evident the movement of those stone wont be mechanical, but powered by magic.
Here is a crude image to let you see what I meant (I know it is not very well done sorry)

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/6890/sunrq.png.

This is within the sun drawn on the floor (the orange circe is the sun circle)
Dungeoneering on anything that it might be useful on: (19)

Considering how violent what happened outside was, to destroy the building around and all, this temple protective enchantment must have been quite powerful to resist it.

Gillric
2012-11-16, 10:36 AM
which statue is the elf?

Dekkah
2012-11-16, 10:43 AM
The one in R10.

The scene behind him is him leading elven soldiers against undeads.

Dekkah
2012-12-03, 10:20 AM
Passive Perception (26)

Ashe keen senses hear some movement light footsteps ahead into the natural cavern.

Please dont post about this until Ace and Monique chose their positions on the map (so you dont affect their initial positioning decision) .
You'll be able to act in the surprise round (I was kinda happy when I rolled a 20 for his stealth, risiputing him at 25... but then I looked at your passive perception and said DAMN! :smalltongue:)
The creature got a better ini than you at least.:smallwink:

The sound is coming from the tunnel ahead, somewhere in -D1/-B4

Dekkah
2012-12-04, 09:07 AM
((Deleted to be reposted bellow))

Gillric
2012-12-05, 09:56 AM
you said leaves the zone, you take damage, does this mean passing through the wall?

Dekkah
2012-12-05, 10:04 AM
Well the wording is leave the zone... I assume you meant to ask this because of teleports... which still qualifies as leaving the zone, so you'll still take the damage.

Dekkah
2012-12-05, 10:08 AM
Note that I am pretty sure Bolerum will want to teleport ahead, which will reveal what you heard (the steps), get him charged by a creature and possibly give you a chance to charge (if Bolerum isnt in your way and prevent the charge rule somehow).
That is why we need to wait on Bolerum and Ace.

Dekkah
2012-12-05, 01:53 PM
After the attack - Post 148 :

Ashe, who was distracted by the steps, get taken by surprise by the attack and get affect by the dark magic. He find himself teleported in the middle of the rubbles, trapped into a box of translucid energy and feeling completly disoriented. While they can see outside the box, its edges look dangerous, made mostly of red and black flammes and can feel some intense heat emanating from these walls.
Ace and Bolerum both appear outside the wall and both look worried about the wall. They look around and Ashe can easyly deduct the they cannot see throught the wall from their body language.

Bolerum and Ace torch light repel more of the natural darkness of the tunnel ahead and the paladin spot two creature. In front, he sees a plain black translucid humanoid shade, with no features or details. Behind the shadow creature, you spot a creature with the same proportions, but this one is a real physical creature. It appear to be human woman, but her skin is crakled and a shade of grey with two flammes filling her eye sockets. Most of her gear look old and haaf rusted or rotten except 4 items : a cloak is of fine silk lined with some silver thread, a belt made out of two twisted leather straps, an protective steel cap in perfect shape and some dark red shirt and matching pants. The longsword she weild in her hand is rusted throught, so much that you wonder why she would carry it. But after a few seconds, you see some dark streaks of energy flow along the blade and you know it wont crumble when she use it.

As the light reveal him, the shade rush forward and slash at Ace with his shadowy blade and is joined by a second creature coming for the other creature. Both weapon hit and you notice a flicker of dark energy emanate from the shades, followed by the same flicker onto the female behind.

Monique who is still climbing up from the other room, looking in by the door frame, look a little confused. Ashe realise that she probably cannot see anyone and that the translucid wall probably are opaque from the outside, blocking her sight completly.

You have the right to talk Ic if you want, if you want to warn the others. it is also your turn (surprise round = 1 Standard)

Map :
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5471/fallentowerashe.jpg

Gillric
2012-12-05, 02:17 PM
so I can see out of the cage, but it blocks line of site for those outside it?

Dekkah
2012-12-05, 02:19 PM
Yeah. That is about it (you can dedcut it from the others reaction).

Since I posted Ic for Monique (who see the less) it would have been hard to hide it from you anyway lol.

And I am sure the other reaction would be enough for you to guess it)

Dekkah
2012-12-05, 02:21 PM
Unless I misunderstand this :

The zone blocks line of sight and effect to creatures outside of the zone.

Gillric
2012-12-05, 02:27 PM
Ok, readied action to charge the closest enemy that meets the charge requirements once the cage is gone.

Dekkah
2012-12-05, 02:27 PM
Lol, you got me thinking, and maybe it was meant so that those out doesnt see in, and that those in doesnt see out... but that isnt how I read it.

If you think I am mistaken, tell me, otherwise you can play as if you see outside.

Dekkah
2012-12-05, 02:33 PM
I just asked the person who wrote it his intent on it... Maybe I should make it opaque from both side... would make more sense I guess...
I'll tell you later (soon).

Your action would make sense and work in any case, so I'll move thing onward.

Dekkah
2012-12-05, 09:22 PM
TG attacks (More details you can see) - Ic 3, Post 151 :

As the creature flicker twice right after speaking up (and before she teleport inside the zone), two shades appeared inside the zone (one right after each flicker).

Also, when the creature entered the prison, the flammes on the wall became even more intense and the heat got worst as well. The wall kept that intense and hot, even after the creature unsummoned and summoned it again.

You also see the two shade teleport adjacent to Ace and Bolerum and slash at them throught the fire, which doesnt seem to affect them at all. Also as they hit, a second before they bursted into nothingness to teleport your allies, they flickered once and you saw a small flash of purple energy fly toward the keeper.

All this you get in private because it is what you saw while alone in the zone (no one else could see it)

Gillric
2012-12-05, 09:45 PM
I believe an "end of turn" is not a valid trigger is it?

Dekkah
2012-12-05, 10:05 PM
Per say no, but you could say you want ot ready X action after X person complete his turn... but note that if you wait until after the monster tunr, he might dazed you again (if your thinking of going when TG turn ends)

Dekkah
2012-12-08, 08:47 AM
If Monique decide to try nd slide out of the zone, you will have to roll a saving throw.

If you want to roll before her decision, roll here so she doesnt get influenced

Gillric
2012-12-08, 08:50 AM
is the saving throw for avoiding hazardous terrain?

Dekkah
2012-12-08, 09:07 AM
It is linked to the zone (written in the zone stat block) and sliding (to resist an effect)
I am telling you in private because I dont want to affect Monique decision.

Gillric
2012-12-08, 09:55 AM
ok....
[roll0]
and let the failing commence

EDIT: FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dekkah
2012-12-19, 01:16 PM
Details for your turn.

While A5 square is adjacent to B6 in theory, with the cavern wall there it isnt the case in reality.
So if you decide you prefer the Oath to CA and manage to free yourself from restrained, you can shift the A5 to use its bonus.... thought I'd say the monster have cover against you (-2 to attacks) because your attack angle is very small from that place)

Gillric
2012-12-19, 06:36 PM
would teleporting trigger the zone damage?

Dekkah
2012-12-19, 06:55 PM
Saddly, yes.

Dekkah
2012-12-19, 07:01 PM
But, I am considreing that from my description (grapling tentacles) teleport should probably break the chains that bind (even if you teleport inside the prison inside the prison).

Dekkah
2012-12-19, 09:56 PM
Passive Perception on Keeper and on Longsword (IC - Post 203) :

On the keeper left hand index, you note a gold ring. It isnt easy to notice, as it sank into the undead and swollen flesh of the creture. As you take it off, you note a symbol on it, probably some family crest.

You note a few interesting things about the sword. First, it was perfectly placed at the top of the treasure. It is actually the only peice on it that is placed rather than dumped. You also note that it is clean and surely have been taken care of regulary. Looking at the scabbard, you realise that it have the same family symbol as the gold ring you found on the monster.

History would be needed to identify the symbol.
Also the ring isnt magical

Gillric
2012-12-19, 10:00 PM
History Check:
[roll0]

Dekkah
2012-12-19, 10:02 PM
History on family symbol (6)

You have no idea what it means.

Gillric
2012-12-21, 06:31 PM
for "study" time, Ashe will try to see if there is reference to any other route into the catacombs below the temple. I assume History would be appropriate but if not I will use the same dice roll with the correct modifier.

Roll: [roll0]
History mod: +3
Book Bonus: +2

Dekkah
2012-12-21, 07:50 PM
History (14) for other way to get to Pelor temple crypt :

Ashe doesnt find much on the pelorian temple, only a few indirect references in some history books. Only one speaks of the crypt, describing the Magdebourg Pelorian burial ritual. The crypt was only for active member of the chruch, priest, avenger or paladins. Nothing give any indication of an other way in.

Gillric
2012-12-24, 04:46 PM
arcana check:
[roll0]

Dekkah
2012-12-24, 04:52 PM
Arcana check on bolerum dissapearance (Ic 3, Post 220) :

It was some sort of teleportation.

Dekkah
2012-12-27, 09:04 AM
Passive perception (IC 3, Post 224) :

As Ace lean forward, put his hands onto the floor and tense up, his eyes turn completly white. They return to noral three seconds later as he shake up his head.

Dekkah
2012-12-30, 10:43 AM
Nature (22) on creatures poop (Ic3, Post 222) :

You knows there is at least two types of creatures who defected there. One type are some small humanoids like an halfling, while the other are some sort of hounds. Still, maybe it is just the diet, but there is something unusual in the poop. That coupled with the fact that you arent on the material plane let you know that you dont really know what monster exactly did it.

You can do an arcana check with +2 bonus (if tell the information IC to the others, you can tell the other they can also do the arcana with +2 onus)

Gillric
2012-12-30, 10:46 AM
roll mine here first before I relay the info:

[roll0]

Dekkah
2012-12-30, 11:04 AM
Arcana (14) on poop :

You doesnt know enough of the shadowfell inhabitant to identify it.

If you forgot your +2 bonus, tell me because it would change everything...

Dekkah
2013-01-03, 11:28 AM
Passive perception in the room (IC 3 - Post 241) :

As you step in the room, you see movement behind the oak desk. Two creatures were hidden and are about to attack. They fit what you expected from the poop and what Ace thought they were.
Small humanoid :
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/1772/darkone.png
Hound :
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/816/chadow.png

Map :
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4808/stower2ashe.png

Gillric
2013-01-04, 11:59 AM
Special Opportunity...

I am overall pleased with Ashe but I was wondering if you would allow the special rules for Channel Divinity? I will dig up the reference and check it before posting more information.

Dekkah
2013-01-04, 12:01 PM
Ok, when you have the detail, post them here , I'll see if it can fit :smallsmile:

Gillric
2013-01-04, 12:06 PM
ok, found my pdf of the document.

From "Unearthed Arcana Ignorance is Blessed"

you can substitute divine identification for divine guidance

Divine Identification
Encounter * Channel Divinity, Divine
Minor Action Personal
Effect: Until the end of your next turn, you know the location of your oath of enmity target, and it grants combat advantage to you even if you can't see it.
Special: You can only use one channel divinity power per encounter.

Not that this makes huge change but Divine Guidance doesn't really come up much in PBP and this power would be easier for me to work in. I haven't decided completely if I want to make the swap but figured I would ask as it is an obscure source.

Dekkah
2013-01-04, 12:09 PM
Is there any pre-requisite, feat associated, or is it simply a different option when you build an avenger? (what does it say about how you can aquire this).

Gillric
2013-01-04, 12:13 PM
From what I can see, it would be a an option you could take at character creation. I am not sure if it is in the builder though.

Dekkah
2013-01-04, 12:16 PM
I just looked at divine guidance to compare the two power and I think they are quite equivalent (granting a reroll to an ally can be quite good- particulary on a daily power - or with powers like Bolerums boosting THP attack power).
I do understand that it is harder to use in PBP (you have to tell quickly so the person reroll his attack), but never fear to tell me even if we have to do some retcon.

I dont see it as unbalanced that you can give yourself CA for up to 3 attacks (the round you use it, the next one and possibly an Action point).

If you really want it, I'll give you a good opportunity to acquire it. Does the book says it should replace one of your channel divinity?

Gillric
2013-01-04, 12:18 PM
It would replace Divine Guidance. I'll think about it some more and let you know if I really want to make the switch.

Dekkah
2013-01-08, 10:22 AM
Passive perception :

After you shrug off the blindness effect, you scan the room. Now that the imminent dangers are dealt with, your keen elven eyes notice something under the oak desk. You would not had noticed it had you not been in a direct line with the opening to place the chair under the desk. The tile on the ground under the desk is slightly lower than the rest of the floor, letting you guess that it hides something and probably can be removed since the rest of the room floor is prefectly flat. With all the natural dust covering that area, you can easyly decude that it havent been touched in quite some time.

Gillric
2013-01-08, 11:19 AM
active perception
[roll0]

Dekkah
2013-01-08, 11:28 AM
Roll an endurace check please.

Gillric
2013-01-08, 11:29 AM
endurance check
[roll0]

Dekkah
2013-01-08, 12:20 PM
I'll let you reply Ic to Ashe quesiton, but i want to know what you do exactly (aka do you open it up in the hole, pick up the blanket to open it in front of everyone, pick it up and wait for the dark one to be dealt with before opening up ?)

Dekkah
2013-01-08, 02:42 PM
Content of the blanket (IC 3 - post 283) :

After carefully looking for traps, you feels safe and unfold the blanket, revealing its content.

You first see a nicely crafted kord holy symbol is the first thing you notice. The symbol style is old, a stone hand holding a lightning bolt carved into some crystal, attached to a chain made of some unknown material with a shade of bronze colour. You can guess that it is enchanted, but even if it isn’t, it surely is quite valuable even as a mundane item.

Then you spot three books in good condition. The first one is some religious and look old. The cover is made of leather and it bears some holy symbol.

You instantly recognize the holy symbol of Dol Dorn, as you'Ve seen it in your dream training.

The second is some official looking book, with a sun symbol covering a shield.

The last one is branded with staff topped with a red eye.

The last thing you notice is two loose gems, roughly an inch wide. The gems is a translucid red with some streaks of opaque blue within.

You also remember having learned about this in your dreams training : It is a soul stone. From what you know, ancient families like the Naturas used these to store their sages spirits once they died to still be able to access their knowledges. This is a sacrifice that the individual must be ready to do, as this really capture their essence, preventing them from moving on in the afterlife. You actually knows that the Natura's family heirloom you accepted to seek have such gems upon them with souls of their ancestors.

The quotes within the text are what you personnaly know... you can copy each items description directly Ic if you show them to the others, but they dont necessary knows what you know unless you tell them.

Dekkah
2013-01-08, 02:45 PM
Just realised a mistake I did... there is two loose gems similar (Soul stones)... I edited the text above .

Gillric
2013-01-08, 03:01 PM
History: [roll0]
Religion on the remaining two symbols: [roll1]

Gillric
2013-01-08, 03:04 PM
Do I know how to use the Soul Stones?

Dekkah
2013-01-08, 03:13 PM
History (22) on Bael Milliar :

You know that Bael Milliar is a vampire who's banner symbol is an Skeletal Eagle.

You also knows that he rules an undead infested city named Dramlir in the Shadowfell. While he controls a decent part of land, rumors say the he lost his thirst for conquest long ago and simply is contempt with the land he have. It is said that he does care about it though and defend it without any pity. While he did had interest in the material world in the past, the rumors also says he seem to have lost interest in it long ago.

Religion on books :

Looking at the symbols, you are pretty sure these arent religion, unles it is some completly lost religion like Dol Dorn. You really doubt it as the sun looks like Pelor's, and you dont think an other religion would make one as similar.
Note that you can try an history check on each unidentified books symbols.

And no, you dont know the ritual to put souls into the soul stone.

Gillric
2013-01-08, 03:18 PM
I meant to access the information possessed by the souls already in the stones if there are any.

History 1: [roll0] (sun)
History 2: [roll1] (red)

Dekkah
2013-01-08, 03:21 PM
History (21) on Sun over shield book :

This is Magdebourg official symbol.

History (12) on Red eye topping a staff :

You have no idea.

Note that I assume that you took nothing from the hole yet btw and did not open the books .

Gillric
2013-01-08, 03:33 PM
Deungeoneering
[roll0]

I will remove just the dol dorn book at first and begin leafing through it

Dekkah
2013-01-08, 04:42 PM
Dungoneerng (25) :

As you hear Ace speak of this tower collapsing, you look at the tower structure again and you are pretty sure this tower should stand for quite some time still even if the weather keep its work. You estimate it would stand at least many decades, if not a few hundreads of years.
Also, the portal circle itself looked quite well preserved too.

DM
Ashe pick up the Dol Dorn book. Quickly going throught the pages he quickly find out that it is a holy books dedicated to the god itself. After a few pages, the elf find a folded note between the pages. Opening the note reveal a simple note written in delicate scipt.

What you seek is in the second alley to the left, row 6, top line.

The book is an equivalent of the Bible for chatolic people. Not magical, but it have the god edict and stories.

Gillric
2013-01-08, 04:46 PM
quickly pocket the note (until dark one not around) then start thumbing through the other books.

Dekkah
2013-01-08, 04:58 PM
Do you keep looking at them in the hole and leave them there or do you pull them out of the hole (If some I'll post Ic what they see you do :smallbiggrin:).

Dekkah
2013-01-08, 05:15 PM
DM
When you open the book with Magdebourg crest, the first thing written is,

Magdebourg Log
By Bill Foan
Headmaster of the Arcana Stellar Academy.
Passive perception : The writting in this book is the same as the one written on the note you found in the dol Dorn book. (note that it is different from Dol dorn bible)
Quickly browsing the pages, you realise that this is some sort of diary. The first entry is dated august 21st, 484 and the last one is november 11th, 512. This is quite extensive and would require many hours (8) to actually read.

You then look at the third book, the oe with the Staff topped with an red eye. This book have no header, only pages after pages of different texts like this one, which is the first page.

After the twin shooting stars descent
The Westernlands healer will appear
Left on the shore by Melora's hand
He will purify the land
And prevent final destruction

Passive perception : The writting in this book is the same as the one written on the note you found in the dol Dorn book and of the Magdebourg Log. (note that it is different from Dol dorn bible)

I assume that you browse the book hidden from sight in the hole (mostly for the Dark one)... so you wont spend too much time on them. If you wish to spend more time, on each of them, say so... other might loose patience though :smallwink:

Here are the image on the books.

Sun on shield
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/1613/sunshield.png

Satff toped with red eye.
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/1087/eyestaff.jpg

Gillric
2013-01-08, 05:17 PM
quickly scan then remove and store for later.

Dekkah
2013-01-08, 05:21 PM
Ok, I'll let you post IC what you do
What fit in your hand can be pulled without them seeing without rolls (note and stones if you pick them too)
If you want to hide the books, holy symbol or blanket, try a thievery check or stealth check (higher Dc), your choice.

We can keep doing the looting here though.

Gillric
2013-01-08, 05:48 PM
ok, i will take everything for now, not gonna bother to hide the books or anything but will palm the note and stones. Also, will thumb the third book before taking it out as well.

Dekkah
2013-01-08, 06:03 PM
DM
As you pick up the first stone, an elven face appear beside your head startling you. As you pull back a little to see better, you see an elven ghost looking in the hole that you recognise as Sel'than Natura. After a few seconds, he look your way and a look of surprise cross his fine features.
"You can see me?"
His voice show some desperation.

Ok, here is how we will do this.

You should post Ic what you did so far that the other saw (you pulling out 3 books, looking startled looking at something, etc.) (I'll link the images of the books after).

You should post IC if youreply, as the other do hear you.

Of course, you wil quickly find out that the other doesnt see the ghost... but Ashe doesnt know yet.

Gillric
2013-01-08, 06:07 PM
dont think I got anything on the third book, as soon as I have that, I would be stowing the gear so thats when they would see the actions. Will await that before posting IC

Dekkah
2013-01-08, 07:17 PM
Actually, I did give you the inromation, but I kinda erase a line or something and it wasent clear.

Check post 81 again.

The 3rd book is the one with no header and independant texts.
The interesting fact is that it is written with the same handscript as the note you found and the second book.

Gillric
2013-01-08, 07:53 PM
ok, thanks

Dekkah
2013-01-08, 09:04 PM
DM
As Ashe look at his friend for reaction, the spirit does the same, when Ashe says Naturas name, he look back at Ashe,
"Hey, that is my family name, did we meet before?"

Gillric
2013-01-08, 09:06 PM
I assume I carry on my side of the Conversation in the Main IC thread?

Gillric
2013-01-08, 09:10 PM
Also, I am now officially really confused... How did Sel'than Natura's soul become captured in one of these gems if it was captured and being tortured in that temple where I freed him as part of my deity change?

Dekkah
2013-01-08, 09:18 PM
I am aware of this... this is not a mistake on my part.

Dekkah
2013-01-08, 09:19 PM
And yes, unless you go somewhere the other cannot hear you .

Dekkah
2013-01-08, 09:36 PM
DM (reply to IC3 - Post 293)
"We did?"
The elf spirit seem to be really surprise, then he ponder for a few moments, as if it is hard for him,
"Yeah, we did, in that cursed temple we did."
The memory seem to be unpleasant as he mention the temple, but he lfocus back on you again,
"And what did we talk about? Did you ask me to come with you there then? I just dont know why I have to follow you around, while you just keep ignoring me. So many question, and you never answer me. Why?"

Dekkah
2013-01-08, 09:53 PM
DM
The elf look shocked, his tone rising.
"What? I have been around since the temple. Yes you kept ignoring me, but it doesnt mean I wasent there."
He pause for a second calming himself,
"Or was I? That must be why you kept ignoring me then, make sense.", tell the elf, mostly to himself at that point. Then he look up and say,
"You took my life quest? Yeah that is it. Ashe, I asked you to do it, I remember now, I told you all about it. And you accepted, for the sake of my family."
The elf seem a little bit as you remembered him now.
"Yes, I am dead now, that is why you could not see me. But why do you see me now? Am I alive again?"
The last question was aimed for himself, as his gaze drifted away. A second later, he look up again,
"No, the soul stones. There is soul stones in that hole, you picked up one right?. It must be why you can see me now, it must highten your sense or something like that. You still have it right?"
Ashe is still holding one in his hand.

Dekkah
2013-01-09, 08:13 AM
DM
The elf look around for a second and shrug,
"I've never been here before, and of course I know about the soul stones. They..."
The elf stop speaking, looking a little lost. After a few seconds he add,
"These are... I' ve...."
The spirit is hesitant and you realise that it is not because he doesnt trust you but because he seem not to remember. That realisation actually seem to affect him quite a lot as he mutter to himself and appear to have forgotten you are there completly,
"I know about the stones, I know I do. Why can't I remember."

Dekkah
2013-01-09, 10:48 AM
opss I just noticed that you also picked up the blanket... so here some more details about that.
DM (As you pick up the blanket.)
Once you pull the blanket out of the hole, an other folded linen blanket fall into the hole. You did not notice at as it was inside the other one and relatively the same color, making you think it was the inner part of the fur blanket.

Gillric
2013-01-09, 12:30 PM
Examine and Open this additional blanket

Dekkah
2013-01-09, 12:44 PM
DM
AS AShe unfold the linen sheet, he realise that this isnt a blanket at all, but a drapery to hang onto a wall as decoration. It looks old and show some dwarven scenery. There is a crest embroidered in each corner, all the same.

After a few seconds looking at it, Ashe gaze is drawn to a detail on the dwarven king pictured : he wear a cloak with the Natura's family crests. Actually, while the cloak you've seen in your memory that the young Sel'than placed upon his dead relative in Magdebourg looked similar to the one from your dream, this cloak look exactly like the one you've seen in when you accepted the Natura's lifequest.

History can be useful.

Gillric
2013-01-09, 12:46 PM
History....
[roll0]

Dekkah
2013-01-09, 12:50 PM
History (7) on Drapery :

Nothing

Dekkah
2013-01-09, 01:05 PM
DM (Reply to Ic3, post 312)
The elven ghost lean over the hole and look at the drapery. An horrified look appear on his face as his eye fall upon the dwarven leader.
"HIM! That one of the bastard who attack us, who killed my king! He was among them, ambushed us and slaughter us. He dares wear my family hierlooms, that vile sick dwarf. How dare he!"
Suddenly, the elven slump down and start ot sob little a child. He keep repeating singles words in between his sobs : killer, bastard, kingslayer, and similar words.

I forgot to post it in the previous post.

Here is the crest in the four corners .

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8365/blasonnainvrairocher.jpg

Dekkah
2013-01-09, 02:33 PM
Passive perception on the book with staff topped with red-eye book:

You notice that this book seem to be missing 2 pages in the book, which have been teared off.

Dekkah
2013-01-09, 04:00 PM
DM (Reply to IC 3, Post 320)
Sel'Than kept sobing and speaking to himself softly for some time, but stoped around the middle of Ace story. When you speak to him, he doesnt seem to realise the question was adressed to him.
"What?"
Looking at you, he finaly seem to be able to replay your quesiton in his mind and say,
"I dont know if I lost it or I simply dont recall it. I must say that I feel a little weird. I know I have been following you around, as I have no real choice in the matter, but I dont recall everything that happened since we've met. I am no expert on this, I was a ranger after all not a cleric, but it might be a side effect of my condition. Normally, I should have joined my ancestors within the family heirloom as I accepted that fact and did the first part of the ritual, the acceptance once. But since it is lost, and that I died away from my family in that hell hole, I would had expected to have gone on to the afterlife..."
The elf face flush again, as he seem to remember his trials at the mention of the bane temple and fall silent, apparently tormented by his past..

Dekkah
2013-01-09, 08:00 PM
Out of curiosity, and to prepare myself, what/where do you think the note is about/lead you to?

Gillric
2013-01-09, 11:24 PM
lol, no idea :smallbiggrin:

Dekkah
2013-01-10, 02:45 PM
Reading the Dol Dorn holy book :
You dont have to read it 8 hour strait. In the end, it is a holy book like the other and I assume you will read it from time to time and to check stuff about Dol Dorn (so it is done over time). It also contains the Divine Identification (Divine channeling) specifics.
So after reading it, you can change one of your divine channeling as you asked before if you wish to.

Dekkah
2013-01-10, 03:50 PM
I wont have you run throught the testing, but you find out that as long as you have the stone on yourself (not in a bag of holding or other extradimetionnal storing item) you can see the elf - no need to hold the stone.

Dekkah
2013-01-10, 04:51 PM
So you can answer Antione question IC, after some tests, you know you need only one stone on you to see him (any of them works )

Gillric
2013-01-10, 04:54 PM
Ok, will do that as soon as we would have had time to rest and experiment. Will also need to work on accessing the actual contents of the stones as well.

Dekkah
2013-01-10, 04:56 PM
No need, it is easy enough to test... you gave one stone to some else else... can still see him, give both you dont see him, take the other one and you can see him. :smallwink: You can assume you did it, I was just clarifiing thing so you can tell the others.

Dekkah
2013-01-10, 05:07 PM
DM (reply to IC 3, post 325)
The elf was wondering what you were doing, and when you say stone enable you to see him he say,
"Great, I was getting lonely. I would had turned mad if I keep going on like this, alone and force to follow you like that. Maybe I am already, or I may be dreaming."
The elf looking lost in his own thoughts again.

Dekkah
2013-01-10, 05:23 PM
DM(Ic3, Post 326)

The elf snap back to reality and look at Ashe alittle lost.
"Uhmmmm, well my life quest was to retreive my family heirloom to clear our name and so we get back our rightful place among Yarten community. I know quite some time passed since I died, so I dont really know if there is still people of my blood living, so it might be a worthless cause now." The elf look sad, but he regain quickly his composure.
"Well in any case, gathering it back should be worth it, even if it is only so you can have it rather than wathever foul creature stolen it from me. Like those bastard dwarves, kingslayers..."
The elf start again rambling and cursing about the one from the drapery you've found.

Note that I dont plan to pester you too much with him, but as you surely noted by now, he is a little mentaly unstable.

Gillric
2013-01-10, 05:35 PM
I wonder how long it will be before he decides that I am pestering him, lol

Dekkah
2013-01-10, 05:53 PM
DM (REply to IC3, post 327)
"It is gear for the royal bodyguard of the king. Theres a ...", he thinks for a moment,"Well there a cloak , the one from the picture. The rest of the equipment also bears the Natura family crest, I - I just cant remember much more about them... damn, I know it is important and I should not have forgotten about that..."

You actually remember in you dream training having seen the full set on Sel'than himself. There is a cloak, an helmet, wristbands, boots, gauntlets, an armor, a belt and a bow.

Gillric
2013-01-10, 06:12 PM
Heirloom List

Cloak - Seen worn by dwarven king on drapery
Wrist Bands
Gauntlets
Armor
Bow
Helmet
Boots
Belt

Dekkah
2013-01-14, 11:56 AM
Sel'Than behavior during the 3 days travel :
The elf doesnt speak as much as you feared. After you pointed out that he have memory trouble, he seem a little depressed. He still answer your questions, but he doesnt remember much more than what you guys already spoke about.

You also learned during the trip that you loose sight of his if you move or if he move more than 25 feets away. After some time, if you keep moving away, he appear back beside you looking disoriented. He will explain that the further he move from you everything become hazy and when he reach a certain point, roughly 50 feets or so, he appear right by your side again feeling dizzy.

His mood get better on the third day when you encounter some action. He kept giving you advices during the battle and a little after it too. It seem to have distracted him from his dark thoughts.

Dekkah
2013-01-16, 11:27 AM
Sel'Than (reply to IC3, Post 350)
The elf head shoot up at the mention of Magdebourg, as if he recalled something and he thinks for a moment,
"I know about Magdebourg! I have a cousin that lived there. He was a priest of Pelor too. Maybe we can find him..."
He pause for a few moment, getting back to reality,
"He is surely dead now though, since so much time elapsed though, right?"
Ashe realise that Sel'than doesnt seem to recall that his cousin is dead and that he assisted to the funerals.

Dekkah
2013-02-05, 12:41 PM
LEVEL 6 UPDATE :
Could you please update/validate this status (this is what I use during combat)

Ashe :
Ini : +6
HP : 49/49
Surge value : 12
AC: 22 (+1 if oath is Bloodied)
Fortitude : 14
Reflex : 18
Will : 18
Passive Perception: 26
Passive insight : 16

Basic attack bonus/damages/effects (for OAs) : +11, 1d12+8 damage
Effect: I shift 1 square and slide the target 1 square into the space I occupied.

Resist : None

Gillric
2013-02-05, 12:48 PM
Ashe :
Ini : +7
HP : 55/55
Surge value : 13
AC: 25 (+1 if oath is Bloodied)
Fortitude : 15
Reflex : 19
Will : 19
Passive Perception: 27
Passive insight : 17

Basic attack bonus/damages/effects (for OAs) : +12, 1d12+8 damage

Dekkah
2013-02-05, 01:19 PM
DM, Reply from IC 3, Post 413
You follow Xelmoyr gaze and note that Sel'Than is actually standing to your left and more than likely is the target of the angel question. The elven ghost look behind him instinctively, then return his gaze to the angel looking surprised surprised.
"Who- me? You can see me?.... I am Sel'Than Natura."
To the second question, Sel'Than look a little unsure of whta to reply.
"I'm following Ashe. I just understand why and how I have to..."

That is why Xelmoyr turn to you.

Dekkah
2013-02-05, 02:50 PM
DM, reply from IC 3, post 416 :
The elf ghost look surprised by the question about his heritage.
"From an ancient noble family? Well I dont recall. I am from the Natura family, but was I an heir."
He look confused, more than you have seen before. From what you see, his memory condition seem to be getting worst.

The last sentence comes from your passive insight

Dekkah
2013-02-05, 06:53 PM
DM, reply to IC 3, post 419
As Monique accuse his family of regicide, the ghost eyes pop open wide and his face turn mad looking Monique way,
"Our family never killed our king, our family were King Ilthaden Moonsong private bodyguard. I was there when he was assassinated, I almost died protecting him myself. I should had, but I..."
As Ashe have seen happen a lot since he discovered the ghost presence, the creature face look puzzled and he obviously have an other mind blank moment. He seem lost in his thoughts as the angel speaks again.

Dekkah
2013-02-05, 08:43 PM
DM , Reply to IC 3 , Post 425
As you give the stone, you stop seeing Sel'than as expected.

When the stoens are returned to your care, Sel'Than is visible again. He look at you his face unsure of what to do.
"Can he really store my soul into the stone? Will it really help me remember?"

Dekkah
2013-02-06, 09:54 AM
DM, reply to IC 3, post 427
The spirit thinks for a moment, the nod,
"Cannot really be worst than what is happening to me I guess, and from the little that I remember now, I think I accepted to join my ancestor in such stones. "
The elf seem to really struggle, trying to remember more about it. You can see his frustration. He finaly give up and look at Ashe.
"If I end up not able to communicate with you after, swear you will keep trying to restore my heirloom."

Dekkah
2013-02-06, 11:15 AM
DM
The elf nod and smile,
"Alright then, lets try this."
He look at the angel, and notice that the creature is now talking with Antione.

Dekkah
2013-02-07, 01:30 PM
Perception (30) on the two rooms IC3 post 443 :
After looking at the rooms, you are sure no one came here in quite some time, surely since the temple have been buried.

Also, when you inspect the armor and weaponry in the right room, you also note that the style of the rusted weapons and armors is ancient, as you expected. But you also note that while the magical scythe style does match the rest, the bone armor is completly different from the rest. Taking a little more interest in the armor, you note that the bone links surely were made using magic, but also that these bones doesnt look natural and probably are not from an humanoid or animal skeletons, unless the texture change is a result of the magic used to craft it.

Dekkah
2013-02-08, 02:39 PM
Sel'than
As you speak of him, the elf ghost look at you.
"I guess you mean my cousin. I dont remember ever having been here... the only thing I recall is coming to his funeral outside the temple."

Dekkah
2013-02-08, 03:09 PM
DM, Looking into the tomb (Passive perception), IC 3, Post 474
You note that the folded clothing is dark green with sowed golden thread. Those colors are the Natura's favored.

You also spot Sel'Than that is kinda out of it, lost in thought as he look at the corpse inside the tomb. He look sad.

Dekkah
2013-02-08, 05:22 PM
DM, the cloak
You immediatly regonize the symbol weaved into the cloth, the branch with 3 leaves, as the Natura family. As you look more carefully at the cloak, you recognise it as the one Sel'Than put on his cousin corpse. The old elf also appear to realise it as he says,
"That's the cloak I wore as a youngling elf... this then must be ...."
Weirdly, you know that this is a magical cloak and you know what it does. Like for the funeral memory, this isnt one of your memories, but one you probably gained in the training.

That is a +2 displacement cloak

Gillric
2013-02-08, 05:43 PM
is this considered to be one of the heirlooms for the quest?

Dekkah
2013-02-08, 05:49 PM
No, this is the cloak Sel'than had when he was a kid.

Dekkah
2013-02-09, 12:10 PM
Sel'than
The ghost look at Ashe. His sadness remain, but a small smile appear on his face as he says,
"Yes you can. You are one of us now."

Dekkah
2013-02-12, 12:48 PM
DM
As Ashe pick up the stone, he cannot see Sel'than. But looking at the stone, he does feel the connection, and his mentor presence. Focusing a little, an image of his mentor comes out of the stone and appear in front of him. The elf look the same as before. He look around and ask,
"I guess it worked, right? I cannot see anything, escept your right now, and the last thing I remember is the angel putting his hands around my head."
You remember that this part of the ritual happened a good 10 minutes ago.
The elf look around again, as if he is trying to find something that isnt there and look back at the avenger,
"Well this is different, but it is more in line with what I recall my interaction were with my ancestors in our family relics, well what I got told it was for them. You can see me right?"
This quesiton make you realise that you do see him, but it is different than before. You note that you are not actually really hearing him, but a telepatic link is established between you two right now and he is more like some projected image than a free roaming ghost now.

Gillric
2013-02-12, 05:49 PM
I assume that since the link is telepathic I can reply mentally to Sel'Than instead of talking out loud like a crazy person?

Yes, I see you Sel'Than. How is your memory now?

Dekkah
2013-02-12, 07:48 PM
Sel'than
As you think your question, the elf thinks for a moment, then reply mentaly,
"There is still the same holes, but at least now I have less... distractions and it easyer to focus. So I guess the memories I lost are lost, or maybe they will return later, I dont really know. Maybe the angel would know more."
You note that Xelmoyr did not hear that question, and not because he isnt close enough, he stand 5 feet from Sel'than. You also note that he doesnt seem to see him, as he is looking right throught him at one occasion when he looked at Liana.
The old elf shrug,
"At least now I should be able to really advise you."

Dekkah
2013-02-13, 10:40 AM
Also, the stone now is some magic item (I made it up).
As long as you possess it, you can call upon some of Sel'than powers.

You can use only one of these per encounter.
It cost you an healing surge to activate it or you can expend your utility power (same level or higher) to activate it.
You have access to these powers (note that their normal usage rules apply - daily, encounter, etc.)

Power available :

Invigorating Stride
Ranger Utility 2
Encounter : Healing, Martial
Move Action Personal
You back away from danger and catch your breath.

Effect: You shift a number of squares equal to your
Wisdom modifier and must not end the shift adjacent to
any enemy. You can use your second wind.

Evade Ambush
Ranger Utility 6
You are the eyes and ears of the group, always alert for the telltale
signs of an ambush.
Daily ✦ Martial
No Action
Ranged : sight
Effect: At the start of a surprise round in which any allies
are surprised, use this power to allow a number of allies
equal to your Wisdom modifier to avoid being surprised.

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 12:54 PM
End of round 1 :
As he run after the hobgoblin rider, Ashe spot an other goblin patroll of at least 12 more walking atop a small hill to the south-west. They were going heading south-west, but a few among the group spot you running after the rider.

I am telling you this now, before I have time to reply IC about it if you want.

That was what the D20 was for... to see if any patroll was going by... you got really unlucky there.... anything bellow 18 was safe on the first round.

They are in AK-43 area (roughly 24 squares away south-west of you)

Gillric
2013-02-25, 12:55 PM
Of course... The one time I roll a 20, its bad instead of good.

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 12:57 PM
Yeah... sorry buddy.

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 01:26 PM
To give you an idea of the lay of the land and the distance, here is a map.

Note that GFG 1 is a group of 8 or so goblins in tight formation

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/8814/ambushsite.jpg

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 07:36 PM
New patroll action, IC 3, Post 536 :
The goblin rider point your way giving out a few order to the others. One of the goblins atop the hill resound his horn with the code for "under attack" and every shield and spear goblin move forward toward you. A few goblin you could not see comes from beyong the hill, following their peers.

It is GS2 who sound the horn. The goblin double move (except GS2)

the few additionnal goblins are from beyong the hill (were out of sight)

See the Zoomed map IC for details.

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 08:21 PM
New patroll movement, Ic 3, Post 539
The goblin legion move toward the fleeing hobgoblin and you. And other similar formation of 8 archers appear from beyong the hill and also heads toward you.

It is GFG (the 8 goblin squad) to moved first, then GAG (8 goblin archer squad) that moved. This is what the other heard IC but dont see.

You can check the zoomed out map for details of their position.

Also, here is a map that could be usefull to you to play your turn (easyer to read coodinates.

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5358/ambushsiteaa.jpg

Dekkah
2013-03-01, 04:15 PM
THerer is still Antione, Bolerum and Rikard's turns, but I doubt they will really affect GS3.

During the monster turn, I most of the time go in their number order.

SO in that respect, GS2 will move east 10 squares.
Then GS3 will move toward you and charge you.
So do you want to play after the charge (Between GS3 and GS4)?
You dont have to decide right know what you will do, but knowing if you want to do that, I'll simply post their action and stop there for you to play your turn.

Dekkah
2013-03-20, 06:03 AM
Can you correct this please... your defenses seem wrong from what you told me in OOC (16 fort)

Ashe :
Fortitude : 15
Reflex : 19
Will : 19

Gillric
2013-03-20, 06:53 AM
Can you correct this please... your defenses seem wrong from what you told me in OOC (16 fort)

Ashe :
Fortitude : 16 (+1 if oath is Bloodied)
Reflex : 20 (+1 if oath is Bloodied)
Will : 20 (+1 if oath is Bloodied)

Resist : 5 Poison

Updated, I think I upgraded my neck slot after the last time I gave you the numbers.

Edit: Also resists poison.

Dekkah
2013-03-20, 09:22 AM
Perception, IC 3, Post 634
Ashe hear some noise to the west. It is either some large incoming group or something very large. Looking that way, the elf sees nothing and estimate that the sound comes from beyong the ground he sees as the land slope down a few hundreds feets away making that section out of his sight.

The sound and whatever is incoming isat least 250 feets away (where the ground slope down and ou cannot see the gound anmore).

Dekkah
2013-03-26, 11:00 AM
Passive perception on the 3 cloaked archers :
Once battle is over and you havea few moments to look a tthe cloaked mens, you realise that these are no humans, but hobgoblin. The small bit of skin around their eyes, and the eyes themselves give them away. Looking more carefully, you note their bow and arrows, recognising them from a previous encounter. They are the three Axe clan scouts that were with the hobgoblin leader Narth. Knowing that, you know that they are named Mirl, Nokt and Herlt. You actually did speak with Mirl, who was the one you spotted spying on you when you planned the attack on the Snake clan camp.

See IC 2, page 22+ for a refresh about it if you need)

Dekkah
2013-03-26, 11:17 AM
REcognition IC3, Post 668.
You recognise the one who speak as Mirl.

Dekkah
2013-03-26, 06:29 PM
Narth message from Mirl , IC3, post 675 :
As you get close to the hobgoblins, he whisper to you so no one else hear him,
"Us saw city army move and hunt goblin. Narth think human want attack Snake clan soon. Narth want to prepare battle with you so us help. Narth want to meet you. Narth ask me to say you to hang this,", Mirl produce som token that look like an hang puppet,"in small clearing just out of city, in some big dead three."
The hobgoblin quickly draw a small and crude map of Bord-Eau area, but it is clear enough that you know you could find the place he speaks of.
"After you hang token, return to clearing at noon and dusk until meet Narth. You and friend come alone, no bring army. you understand?"

Gillric
2013-03-26, 06:43 PM
Ashe

Taking the token, Ashe nods. I understand Mirl, we will meet at the designated location. Safe journey to you.

Dekkah
2013-03-28, 09:58 AM
DM
Mirl nod to Ashe and add as he move to return to his friends,
"Remember, bring just trust person."

Dekkah
2013-03-28, 03:05 PM
Perception 23 on goblin corpses
You note that these all are from the Snake clan.
You also note that all of them have good quality weapon, but most arent branded by usual dwarven smith marking and arent brand new either, but weapon that got used by the creatures from some time. You can guess these weapons have been aquired quite some time ago by Kodans elite troops.

Gillric
2013-04-02, 05:18 PM
Ashe

After leaving the inn, Ashe makes his way back outside the city towards the clearing where he is to hang the totem for Narth.

Dekkah
2013-04-02, 05:23 PM
DM
Ashe leave the city and head out in the general direction where the hobgoblin told him to.
Roll a nature check please (this will determine how long it will take you)

Gillric
2013-04-02, 05:23 PM
Nature: [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-04-02, 05:27 PM
DM
With Ashe knowledge of the lay of the land, he find the decribe clearing within an hour or so. Looking around, he do see some traces of humanoid creature whom could very well be hobgoblins. None are very fresh, probably have been done two days ago.

Gillric
2013-04-02, 05:30 PM
Ashe

Noting the route to the clearing for the return visits, Ashe takes the totem and hangs it from the specified tree. He then returns to the city to await noon of the following day.

Dekkah
2013-04-03, 07:46 AM
DM
As Ashe return to the city gate, he spot Flammemorte apprentice who is speaking with one of the guard. After a few second, he notice you thank the guard and wait for you.

"So the rumours are true, you are back to town."
The young man wants to be a little dramatic, but fail completly. After a few seconds, he clear his voice and simply say,
"Mistress Flammemorte wish to met you, "early" tommorow. Know that early for her would be at sunrise. Where are your friends? I need to invite them as well."

Gillric
2013-04-03, 11:51 AM
Ashe

They are at the Raming Boar Inn. I am actually headed there now if you would like to accompany me.

Dekkah
2013-04-03, 11:55 AM
DM
The young mage nod and follow Ashe in silence.

After Antione speach, I'll have you return to the inn with some drinkage fastfoward for the others.

Dekkah
2013-04-05, 02:05 PM
Personnal quest :
In the spirit of planning my game with your character objectives, I'd like to know what is/are your personnal quest(s) and what is the next step to advance it/them?

Gillric
2013-04-05, 02:10 PM
1) Deal with Narth
2) Natura heirlooms

Dekkah
2013-04-05, 02:12 PM
Personnal Quests :
Ok, how you will do to deal with Narth is obvious (you have a meeting)

What about the natura Heirlooms? Any idea what comes next, where/what to look for?

Gillric
2013-04-05, 02:13 PM
The only thing I recall of the top of my head was the cloth with the image of the dwarf with I believe the cloak item.

Dekkah
2013-04-05, 02:18 PM
Ok, I was wondering if you remembered it :smalltongue:.

Minimal refresher on this :
I am not sure if you manage to get information out of it with history checks (your or some from others). I am sure you learned that the dwarf wearing it on the picture was among the enemies assembled forces who defeated Sel'than, stole his heilooms and killed his king (he told you that when you found it - he was still free roaming spirit at that point).

Gillric
2013-04-05, 02:24 PM
that was about it, Ashe not being a historian and all....

Dekkah
2013-04-08, 12:03 PM
Ashe leaving Flammemorte Mansion (IC3, Post 722):
Martin escort Ashe in silence, not daring to ask him anything, even thought the elf can sense the man curiosity.

What do you do once you are out?

And BTW, I asumed you did not want to try and hide your motivations (while they arent necessary evident - she is not omnipotent after all) and be discret - you post was quite clear to me on that part :smalltongue:

Gillric
2013-04-08, 12:07 PM
Ashe

When Ashe and Martin reach the main entrance, Ashe turns to the man, Hopefully our next meeting will go better than this. Ashe then nods to the man and leaves.

Guess I will head to where I am supposed to meet Narth now.

Dekkah
2013-04-08, 12:22 PM
DM
Ashe walk throught the city to get across and out of it. As he near the inner gate between the old and market districts, he spot 3 familiar faces. One he knows well, Ung, the orc barbarian they met outside. The other two are the friends and partners Ung came to the city with in the first place, before heading out to investigate about the goblins. Ashe knows the half-orc is named Grok and is Ung 'boss', while the halfling is named Grik. You also know Grik and Grok worked with Antione when the man stayed in the city.

The trio noticed Ashe two and heads toward him, Ung waving at the elf.
"Hey! Ashe friend. Is Grok here!"
His outburst draw the attention of many citizen, some of whom look at the orc with wide eyes, one even rushing toward the gate. Ung seem oblivious to this, but Grok notice the running man and tells him, loud enough for everyone to hear it,
"Dont waste you time man, we are not from the goblin army. We have official papers from the militia that authenticate us as allies to Bord-Eau. We just walk throught the gate your running to, do you think they would had let us pass if we were a treath?"
The man stop unsure of what to do, but soon resume his path.
Shruging, Grok follow the oblivious Ung toward Ashe.
"Hi Ashe. You ok?"

Gillric
2013-04-08, 12:52 PM
Ashe

Greetings Grok, Ung, Grik. Yes I am ok. What news have you? I have barely returned to the city and have no idea what has happened in the last few days.

Dekkah
2013-04-08, 01:04 PM
Grok,GRik and UNG :
Ung smile,
"Me fine too! Us doing buisness. No much action here, pretty dull compare to what us go throught. Goblin been push away by army me think, no horn sound anymore."
Grok, let Ung speak, but seem to listen absently at first. Ashe realise that the half-orc seem interested by Ashe natura cloak, as his eye linger on it for a few seconds, looking at the Natura family symbols.
Once it is clear that Ung is done speaking, Grok nod at Ashe,
"Hello again Ashe, nice to see you are well, considering where you were going. I hope Ace and the others are fine as well."
This is obviously an indirect question, but you get the feeling that GRok isnt expecting an answer and is unafraid about the others health.
"As Ung said, nothing much happened here, beside the army leaving and the goblin having left the immediate city surroundings. The militia is actually daring to escort farmers out to try to salvage what crops have been left untouched. Actually, I'd like to see Ace, do you know where he is?"
Grik stay alert and silent, as he usually does.

Gillric
2013-04-08, 01:28 PM
Ashe

Noting where Grok's eyes linger, Ace is meeting with Madame Flammemorte as we speak..... Would you care to share what interests you about my cloak?

Dekkah
2013-04-08, 01:49 PM
Grok
The half-orc smile and nod,
"Excellent, we are heading there ourself."
Looking again at the elf cloak, Grok say,
"Well I would love to buy it if you are willing to sell it. This cloak look ancientand elvish. I cannot be sure and would need to analise its magic, but such styled items often made as part of sets and gain in power as you get many. As an exemple, my headgear and gloves are part of such a set and grant me some more abilities when I wear both than they would alone."
He show his hands and point his helmet to emphasis his claim. Ashe does see some similar patterns. Actually, the elf realise that the helm he wears is very similar to Moniques. It the helm general form is a little different, but the symbols on it are the same than the one she wears.
"I wont lie to you, I might know a buyer for your cloak. I am pretty sure he own a belt with the same elven markings. This is a slight gamble on my part though, as I am going on memory alone here and the elven symbols might be different, but I am confident enough to pay you a decent price for it. You want to sell it?"

Gillric
2013-04-08, 02:04 PM
Ashe

Sell it? No. At this point Ashe grins, But there may be a way for you to make some coin here anyway. You wouldn't be able to tell me who is in possession of the belt?

Dekkah
2013-04-08, 03:21 PM
DM
Grok loko surprised, but smile back,
"Oh, then I was right, this is part of a set. I am sure we can come to some agreement."
He thinks a little, then add,
"I usually charge a good amount for this kind of rare information... after all, I dont think many people you have access to would know about this, and even most you dont even know would not! On the other hand, I am unsure if my information is accurate, and I hate to sell wrong informations, it's bad for buisness. Here's my offer."
The half-orc smile as he say,
"Since you are a friend of Ung and of Ace, whom I tursut, I am willing to give you the information with some future minor favor. Nothing big, this is after all a simple information that can be wrong. If I was right an that you acquire the belt from the man, I'd ask a 15 percent of its value, that can be in gold or also favors. What do you say?"

Gillric
2013-04-08, 05:20 PM
Ashe

That sounds reasonable, I can offer more if you help me to acquire the belt.

Dekkah
2013-04-08, 07:24 PM
DM
Ashe suggestion probe a serious smile out the the merchant,
"Well now I am tempted not to tell you and try to acquire it on my own first. I am actually heading to the town where live the owner of that belt real soon. "
Grok keep a serious thoughtful facade for a few seconds, then crack a wicked smile adding,
"Still, I see good potential in you and your friends, so I'll leave that decision to you, to stay on your good side. But know that if I go to all the trouble of getting it myself, might cost you way more than 15% of its market value plus the little service I ask. Would you prefer that?"

Gillric
2013-04-08, 07:52 PM
Ashe

I think perhaps we may be able to come to an arrangement. Depending on how things go here, I may even be interested in joining you on this trip.

Dekkah
2013-04-09, 07:46 AM
DM
The half-orc rise an eyebrow.
"Are you gonna leave the city soon? I was under the impression that you were actively commited to help the city with their goblin problems. I am planning to leave real soon myself. Beside, I have a few stops where you might not really be welcomed to do before I reach the belt owner's city."

Gillric
2013-04-09, 09:28 AM
Ashe

I am committed to helping the city at this time, I was unsure of how soon you would be leaving. Could you tell me the city where the owner of the belt resides then?

Dekkah
2013-04-09, 09:46 AM
DM
Grok nod,
"Of course, for that minor boon I can do that. The man or to be more precise the Dragonborn name is Fass’ter Valmorien. He is a noble living in Marklett city. Dont look on an your usual maps, Marklett isnt an official part of the Westernland layout. You'll need a guide to get there, or lots of patience to explore the underground layout to get there. There might even be some maps or other way to get there, but you need to know the right people."
The merchant smile,
"Do you want me to try and get the belt if I see he still have it, and that it is the right one, when I get to Marklett or shall I let you do it yourself? I'll try to see you before I leave, which should be in the next few days to confirm everything if you prefer to have some time to check it out with your friends."

Gillric
2013-04-09, 10:04 AM
Ashe

Please try to acquire the belt. Please be discrete in your inquires, but do not lie on my behalf.

Dekkah
2013-04-09, 10:13 AM
DM
The merchant nod,
"Do I have a money limit to do that acquiring? Becasue sometimes these kind of magic items can be powerful and cost a lot of money, or their owner ask more money than they are worth because they are ancient and have history."

Gillric
2013-04-09, 10:16 AM
Ashe

You are to consider the item as being stolen property possessed by this Dragonborn. Your payment is guaranteed but I would prefer him to receive as little as possible for the item, ideally nothing.

Dekkah
2013-04-09, 10:37 AM
DM
The half-orc rise an hand between himself and Ashe, a evident motion for Ashe to stop right there,
"I wont use that kind of argument with the Valmorian when I deal with him. And you probably should refrain to do that as well if you meet him yourself. While there is laws in Marklett, they arent arent working as the ones you are used to. And the Valmorians are an powerful family in that city. But fear not, I'll be discreet and will try to buy it at the lesser price as possible. If I see he over charge it too much compared to its enchantment value, I'll simply leave you to deal with him. If there is nothing else, I'll head to our friendly mage mansion so I get the chance to meet up with Ace before he leave the place."

If you have nothign else to add, I'll move thing forward.

Gillric
2013-04-09, 10:41 AM
Ashe

Do as you deem appropriate, but one day he will be called to account for his crimes.

Dekkah
2013-04-09, 11:02 AM
DM
Grok only smile and nod his understanding.
Ung wave goodbye saying,
"You be ok friend!"

Ashe resume his travel throught the city unstopped. He exit the last gate roughly an hour and half later, going therought the outter city streets. He meet a soldier patroll outside, but they dont bother stopping him and only wave at him.

Once he get near the clearing, he enter the small groove and have no trouble finding the place. He have to wait roughly two hour for the sun to reach its zenith. His waiting his rewarded as he spot a few hobgoblin faces trying to stay hidden on the other side the the clearing. Ashe notice the axe clan insigna on one of the soldier shield.

What do you do?

Gillric
2013-04-09, 11:21 AM
Ashe

Seeing the hobgoblins vainly trying to remain hidden, Ashe chuckles to himself before calling out. I seem to have misplaced my axe.

Dekkah
2013-04-09, 11:28 AM
DM
The hobgoblin freeze for a second, but then you see a familiar face walks out into the clearing : Narth. His mens move out as well behind him. The group is small, 8 total including Narth. You also recognize Slem the mage among the group. The soldiers fan out and go position themselve on each sides of the clearing to keep watch, while Slem and Narth move toward you.
"Are you alone elf? I would had thought that at least Jieung would had come as well."
The hobgoblin doesnt appear mad or anything, just a little surprised.

Gillric
2013-04-09, 11:34 AM
Ashe

Yes, I have come alone, and Jieung has returned to his homeland. How have you fared since we last spoke?

Dekkah
2013-04-09, 12:22 PM
Narth :
"We've fared well enough. We actually worked in spreading and building up some of your reputation." The hobgoblin extend his hand toward Slem, who produce a small pouch from his belt pouch and give it to his leader. Narth offer the pouch to Ashe and the elf notice that this bag have been buried as it is cover with dirt and also note some dryed bloodstains on the bag.
"But it seem like you did not need us to make a name for yourself from what Mirl told me yesterday. I must say that I am impressed that you've killed Kodan and most of his troops, your getting better."
It isnt that he have been disrespectful before, but you do notice some more respect in the hobgoblin tone.
"I actually sent Mirl to look for you, following Kodan and his troop like his own shadow, so he could warn you about Gramliz's putting rewards on your heads and sending out his own head-hunter after you. But I guess it was unecessary, as Kodan found you first, but you killed him."
The axe clan leader smile widely and look quite happy about it.
"I dont know how much it will damage Gramliz grasp on the situation yet , but I am sure it will not help him. He already had started to pull back his clan toward the fort, giving up the portal before that, I guess he will keep doing that now that you proove to be an bigger than anticipated obstacle. While the price on your heads remains, I really doubt any other clan or group would dare to try and claim it now that you dispatch one of the strongest and feared Snake clan warrior. You still should be cautious though.

But this is not the reason I asked to meet you in the first place. We had noticed more soldiers activities around Bord-Eau during last week, with many large patrolls moving out to patroll the outer wall. Four days ago, a small army walked out of the city and started to hunt and kill goblins in the feilds. I am not complaining and I am wise enough to keep my mens away from that army. Seeing this, I feel you are getting ready for some major attacks here, probabyl to retake the fort, and I'd like to make sure my clan isnt forced to fight against your human army. What can you tell us on your attack plan?"

Gillric
2013-04-09, 12:27 PM
Ashe

Having only just returned to the city myself I have no information on that yet. I wanted to make contact here as soon as possible to better arrange things. I plan to visit the commander shortly and should have more information then. Now that contact has been made, we should be able to arrange further meetings more easily. Ashe then accepts the pouch and takes a look inside.

Dekkah
2013-04-09, 12:51 PM
DM
As Ashe look into the bag, he sees a score of goblin ears.
The hobgoblin stay silent for a few moments, pondering. He finaly ask the anveger,
"How much do you trust your 'Commander' ? And do you think he would be open-minded enough to speak with me?"

Gillric
2013-04-09, 12:52 PM
Ashe

I expect the general would certainly be open to that. Would you like me to try to arrange something?

Dekkah
2013-04-09, 02:01 PM
Narth
The hobgoblin nod,
"If he is willing to meet me alone, we might be able to discuss and come to an agreement. Of course, by alone, I mean with you and your other trusted friends. I should only bring my closest members myself, those who you already know. These and possible Mirl and a few other archers. How long do you think you need to arrange that, or to know if he isnt interested?"

Gillric
2013-04-09, 04:30 PM
Ashe

If I leave now to meet with him I should hopefully have an answer for you by sunset or noon tomorrow at the latest.

Dekkah
2013-04-09, 04:56 PM
DM
Narth nod,
"Alright, come back at sunset, we will find safe place to hide and wait."

Gillric
2013-04-09, 05:08 PM
Ashe

Ashe nods and heads back to the city to locate William.

Dekkah
2013-04-09, 05:51 PM
DM
Ashe reach the city gate after an hour and half. Asking the guard about William, he get this answer from the man.
"William Brasseur? You mean the new army leader? He is out there fighting goblins with his mens as far as I know. I dont know their actual location, but our commander might know sir."

Where do you go?

Gillric
2013-04-09, 05:54 PM
Ashe

Alright, I have urgent business with William. If your commander may be able to help, please direct me to where I can find him or her.

Dekkah
2013-04-09, 06:07 PM
DM
The guard frown,
"Wait, arent you one of the heroes I've heard about that keep working for and reporting to Commander Ulbert?"
The man look at you suspiciously.

Gillric
2013-04-09, 06:20 PM
Ashe

I suppose I do fit that description. Ashe says with a grin. If you feel a meeting with Commander Ulbert would be of more benefit to putting me in touch with William, please direct me to his office.

Dekkah
2013-04-10, 06:31 AM
DM
The guard keep his suspicious look, but give the elf the instructions to the main barrack in the market district. The elf walks across the market up to the barrack. Once there, he enter the small fortified area where many rookies are being trained by a few experienced soldier, including the warlord Marius whom you know. The man is busy, but still take a second to salute you.

As ashe enter the large building, a clerc welcome him,
"Hello sir elf. Why are you here today?"

Gillric
2013-04-10, 06:33 AM
Ashe

Greetings, My name is Ashe Natura and I would like to see Commander Ulbert as soon as possible.

Dekkah
2013-04-10, 09:46 AM
DM
The soldier eye widen at your name and you know he recognise who you are.
"Mike, go see if the commander is disposed to receive Ashe Natura."
One of the soldier leave into one of the hallway, while the clerc note Ashe name in the log. Mike return a minute later saying, come sir Natura, the Commander will receive you.

You are lead into the corridor and to the man office. THe soldierinvite you in and leave. You are facing Commander Ulbart, a seasoned man who stand as you enter the room.
"Hello Ashe Natura, nice to see you. What can I do for you?"

I am not sure if the other will come here after (which may happen before you getting there)... which may affect this encounter, but I dont think it would change it much so we can proceed anyway)

Gillric
2013-04-10, 10:09 AM
Ashe

Greetings commander. I was inquiring as to the whereabouts of William and was told he was not in the city at this time, is this correct?

LOL, they should try to keep up then.

Dekkah
2013-04-10, 10:14 AM
Commander Ulbert
The man nod,
"You heard right. The last news I've got of him, William and his mens were heading to meet up with Constable Farland in the Big Woods. I know Marcil Whitehand should leave the city tommorow mornig to go join the army, maybe you can meet him if you have a message for William or join him if you need to go there yourself."

Well they doesnt reply as fast as you do lol... and they have many different discussions to cover lol.

Gillric
2013-04-10, 10:21 AM
Ashe

I was hoping to arrange a meeting between him and a potential ally. Would you perchance be able to negotiate in his stead?

Dekkah
2013-04-10, 10:32 AM
Commander Ulbert
The man shake his head slithly, apparently unsure.
"Well it isnt really my place to do so, but I guess under the circumtance I could find some time to meet that ally. When can he come here and what is his name?"

Gillric
2013-04-10, 10:39 AM
Ashe

Unfortunately I expect he would not be permitted within the walls of the city. I have a location where we could meet and can vouch for him and his men if you would be willing.

Dekkah
2013-04-10, 10:46 AM
Commander Ulbert
The man frown,
"Why would he not be allow in the city?"

Gillric
2013-04-10, 11:01 AM
Ashe

He is a hobgoblin. He and his men were of great assistance to myself and the others of my party when we fought the goblins out in the forest. Also, I am not sure he would be willing to come within the walls of the city for fear of a trap.

Dekkah
2013-04-10, 11:12 AM
Commander Ulbert
As you mention Narth race, the commander say.
"An hobgoblin? Even if he would want to come, I could hardly allow him in fear of making people panic. I already have enough complaints because of Grok and his friends. Sadly, I am quite taken here, and I would not put myself in that kind of dangerous position anyway, so I cannot go deal with him outside. Your best bet would be to deal directly with William, and even there, I am not sure he would want to take such a risk."

Gillric
2013-04-10, 11:20 AM
Ashe

Much as I suspected when I heard William was not in the city. If I was to go looking for William, where in the woods should I go?

After getting what information he can on William's whereabouts, Thank you for your time Commander Ulbert, I will leave you to your work now. Leaving the mans office, Ashe goes and gets some lunch before returning to the clearing to meet with Narth again.

Dekkah
2013-04-10, 11:30 AM
Commander Ulbert
"As far as I know, the constable is in the same area where you left them, in the Big Wood (Le grand Boisé). "

Constable Farland is the man who was in charge of Fort-Du-Col.
You already met him and escaped the fort with him. You know where he is encamped - north of the lake, in the forest there. You know you would have little trouble finding them.

Also, I kinda stoped your discussion there for now. I need to see what the others are doing, as it may affect what happens for you - AKA if they come see Ulbert or not.

A small question, what are Ashe plans right now?
I ask because what do you plan to do about your conflict?

Gillric
2013-04-10, 11:36 AM
Right now, I intend to do everything in my power to facilitate this alliance. This means that Ashe is willing to go with Narth to the forest to set up a meeting with William. I guess that would be my short term plan.

Dekkah
2013-04-10, 11:41 AM
With or without talking to the other first?

Gillric
2013-04-10, 11:49 AM
Right now I am leaning towards saying to hell with Monique for the time being. Ashe currently wouldn't trust her as far as he could throw her, and with his Str score, that's not far. If I do bail on this side mission, which I feel is very important, I will at minimum leave word of where I am going.

Dekkah
2013-04-10, 12:01 PM
That's fine with me (there is some downtime anyway). I still hope you will be able to join up with the group later on :smallwink:.

Gillric
2013-04-10, 12:05 PM
I figure if there is downtime, facilitating this alliance is a good way to spend it.

Dekkah
2013-04-16, 09:07 AM
DM
After a decent meal, the elf leave the city again and head to the meeting place a hour befoer sunset. He doesnt have to wait long for Narth and his mens to come join him, for Narth comes out fo the forest as the sun dissapear to the west.
"So, what did your 'Commander ' say?"

Gillric
2013-04-16, 02:38 PM
Ashe

He has already set out with the army, they are in the great forest. If you would still like to attempt to arrange a meeting, I can go with you in search of him.

Dekkah
2013-04-17, 07:31 AM
Narth
The hobgoblin leader nod,
"If that let me learn about his plans so we arent caught in the crossfire, which will help your side, and save some of my mens, I'm ready to follow you. Remember than I cannot go directly against the snake clan, but I my clan can be somewhere else when you attack. Will the other join us when we leave in the morning?"

BTW, Ashe knows where is the Constable camp is (or was last time you were there) and knows it will take him a little more than 4 days to get there.

It is In the Big woods (Le Grand Boisé on the map), just behind the Big Lake (Le Grand Lac).

Gillric
2013-04-17, 03:31 PM
Ashe

I expect they will mostly deign to stay in the city but I may be able to convince one or two to accompany us.

Dekkah
2013-04-22, 09:52 AM
Narth
The Axe clan leader nod,
"Alright then, check out with your allies if they want to come with us. Meet us at the road north of here tommorow morning and we will head north toggether. You should bring some heavy cloaks to conceal your presence among my ranks in case we meet rival clans along the way : We cannot be known to cooperate."
The hobgoblin nod to you, and call up his troops and move back into the forest.

You still can talk with him if need be.

Otherwise, where do you go?

Gillric
2013-04-29, 06:14 AM
Head back into town and try to locate Bolerum

Dekkah
2013-04-29, 07:53 AM
DM
Ashe return to the city without trouble. The city gate is closed when he reach it, but the elf quickly gain access once he reveal who he is.

His first reflex is to go to hte group new inn to see if the other are there and he find them there.

I'll post soon a fast forward to the Evening at the INn IC (maybe today, at worst tommorow) so you guys can talk and share informaiton and decide what you do next. I still havea few things to run in private with some others.

Dekkah
2013-07-02, 10:32 AM
Passive perception:
You spot for a few seconds, an head look down from the highest keep section. You recognise it to be some harpy. As you look at the creature, its hide its head again.

Dekkah
2013-07-04, 10:04 AM
Passive perception on BB 6 corpse (on BB 6 turn).
A green rune start to glow on the dead bugbear forehead.

Arcana skill check might be handy here.

Gillric
2013-07-04, 03:53 PM
Arcana.... [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-07-04, 06:15 PM
Arcana 11 on Green rune
You have no idea what it is.

Dekkah
2013-08-16, 12:32 PM
Passive perception on wall :

Your note an other hooked rope on the battlements near you (Q-26), and two others on the other side of the archers to the south (Z-26 and AB-26). Are the that they are hooked tight and that surely some reinforcements are coming your way from outside.

Dekkah
2013-09-11, 07:58 AM
Passive insight on zombies :

Looking at the undead creatures, you know that most of the zombies are mindless creatures. The undead bugbear is different tough, as he seem to have retained some of his intelligence. It is obvious that the regular zombies wanted to attack the goblin archer, and it is the bugbear zombie that made them leave it alone. That bugbear zombie, seem to have some control over the other zombies.
You might have deduced it from the flavor text, but you have enough insight so I confirm this.

Dekkah
2013-09-11, 07:55 PM
The falling zombie (Ic 3, post 842)
Ashe see the zombie fall off the wall, right over Zorana's body. The impact the zombie belly explode in necrosed gore, which look quite harmless, but still look disgusting. Around the creature many soldiers, including the elven druid Lei Grall who was looking at Zorana's body are startled. The druid jump back a little and look up, her gaze meeting with Ashe for a second, before returning her attention to the undead monster.

I am not sure if you planned where you droped the monster (where Zorana fell), but I find it hilarous. It actually might serve you well, as Lei Grall is right by Zorana's body right now to check on her... which means you have a strong ally that might finish off the creature and free your oat again (with the help of the soldiers).

Dekkah
2013-09-12, 07:44 PM
Passive insight on zombies (Ic3, post 846):
With the intelligent bugbear off the wall, you realise that the mindless zombies are acting on instinc and seek living flesh to eat.

Gillric
2013-09-12, 07:47 PM
I was sorta counting on something like that

Dekkah
2013-09-13, 12:46 PM
Outside the wall (IC 3 , Post 848 (End of turn 7))
You see Lei Grall shift into her wold form and she wildly jump onto the zombie, puting both her paws onto the monster shoulders and biting the creature head. Shaking her wolf head violently, she tear of the undead head, while the humans around hack the body. Their concerted effort,kills the monster.

Zorana and the soldiers star to head toward the main gate, leaving Zorana body under the zombie corpse, which let you guess that she is more than likely dead.

Wait at least until I post the end of the turn- after Rikard play his turn - to spoil any of this (if you want to) . I am actually already working on the next reply, might as well tell you this now.

It will free your oath of enemity BTW, as BBZ 7 is dead.

Dekkah
2013-09-26, 02:51 PM
Since I am not sure I'll bet there to answer your quesiton when you have it, if you consider going after GA 15, a simple regular charge (down the stairway) would require 12 movements (because of it being difficult terrain).

But you could use a charge by jumping down from Y-25 (6), to Z-24 (3) to Z-23 (0).
I find it legal as every square of movement make you closer to the enemy (by going down toward it lol)

The only danger is that you take more damage that you can mitigate with your acrobtic check on the first drop into Z-24 (3) (which would knock you prone and stop your movement).

If you go that way, roll the falling damage at the same time as your reducing damage roll. (should be 1D10 damage per drop - though I am not sure that you dont have something else that reduce it- your cloak maybe... might be mixing characters though)

Gillric
2013-09-26, 03:03 PM
How many squares is it straight up without counting difficult terrain? Elf + Avenger = shifty

Dekkah
2013-09-26, 03:14 PM
From your starting position, it is 6 square to get to AA-23 (1).. where you are within reach). so 5 if you shifted to Y-24 first.

I miscounted (did forget that you can go directly to elevation 5 and that you dont need ot reach elevation 0 to attack GA 15). So you'd only need 10 square of regular movement to get to him with a regular charge)

Dekkah
2013-09-30, 12:16 PM
CAn you please roll a saving throw +2 here please (that is for not falling off the wall)... I am preparing my next reply and well GC15 hit you and try to slide you off wall.

You may also roll an acrobatic skill check (in case the save fail) to reduce your falling damage.... were you the one who had a cloack that reduce falling distance as well?

Gillric
2013-09-30, 07:57 PM
as both Marcil and William seem to be worse for wear, and I can't get to William. I would like to activate righteous pursuit at the end of GA15's turn to shift 4 squares towards GA15 and end as close as I can get to him. Ignore difficult terrain.

I've been trying to figure out how to get to Gramliz to help William but I can't seem to come up with a good way so just gonna get off the damn wall.

Dekkah
2013-09-30, 08:01 PM
yeah aure I'll edit it in

Gillric
2013-09-30, 08:17 PM
was that 3 or 4 squares shifted? I would go one more down if that was only 3

Dekkah
2013-09-30, 08:30 PM
Well it is 4. but I assume you followed him when he shifted back after your attack... but if you plan was to go after GA15 . i guess you could be 1 more square down if you did not move as I expected (you seemed to want to go to w-26 after your attack)

Gillric
2013-09-30, 08:43 PM
Hard to say what I would have done without clouding it up with what has happened since. If I had hit I would have been working my way towards BN1. Without getting around the goblin, I probably would have disengaged to give myself more room to maneuver.

Dekkah
2013-10-01, 08:36 AM
OK, I have no problem with that, in that case your 4 square reactive shift bring you at elevation 2 then. I'll corerct the map next round.

Dekkah
2013-10-11, 09:07 AM
Passive perception :

You notice that a few of your old Grandpre Academy instructors among the Torres army. One of them notice you and salute you, giving you an nod of approuval. To you, it is obvious they arent part of the army, as they wear different gear, but probably join them returning to the academy after the summer break.

You also notice that Antione was carrying Zorana's corpse.

Dekkah
2013-10-23, 01:52 PM
Passive Perception - too high for confort!! :smalltongue:
Ashe immediatly spot a pair of gauntlets on the magical loot table. They are obviously elven made and as he really look, he note that these bear the Natura family insigna. They are crafted in thick leather and the right hand glove have some gem embedded into the top of the hand.