PDA

View Full Version : Tricastle OOC

gunnar11
2012-09-27, 02:08 PM
Hello and welcome, players!

I've been made your fourth, and of course final, DM of your characters. I am here to help, and hope we can enjoy a fine game :smallbiggrin:

Now, for some things you absolutely have to do (every DM has it's own rules):

-Use your previous backstory or write a new one, keeping in mind the next few rules:
1) Skirt-or-more-rule: your background has to cover the bases, but can be as extensive as a wedding dress. Keep in mind that better backgrounds means more DM favors, but also is more to keep track of when roleplaying. I love myself a good roleplay.

-Just because you're tristalt doesn't mean you have to destroy everything you don't agree with, and I WILL make sure of this...

-Take levels for a certain build, sure, but don't level dip just because it will boost your wisdom save for example. I have looked at your sheets and they're fine, but please don't be making builds like: Wizard 1/Rogue 1/Fighter 1/Bard 1/Monk 1/Cleric 1

That's all that I need from you, now onto a nice game :smallbiggrin:

BTW: Post a link to your character sheet here in the OOC, and your background apart, spoilered.

Hint: I like plothooks

INoKnowNames
2012-09-27, 02:27 PM
I've been made your fourth, and of course final, DM of your characters.

Hopefully you'll be able to keep that promise. It's like our group is cursed to be Dm'less.

Now, for some things you absolutely have to do (every DM has it's own rules):

-Use your previous backstory or write a new one, keeping in mind the next few rules:
1) Skirt-or-more-rule: your background has to cover the bases, but can be as extensive as a wedding dress. Keep in mind that better backgrounds means more DM favors, but also is more to keep track of when roleplaying. I love myself a good roleplay.

Like I said, everyone actually did a pretty decent job with their backstories, if I do say so myself.

-Just because you're tristalt doesn't mean you have to destroy everything you don't agree with, and I WILL make sure of this...

Except for the crazy one, I don't think there's too much of an issue of this happening, and crazy people are funny. Not to mention I think we're all going for mid to low up, not to mention we're just level 6.

I have looked at your sheets and they're fine, but please don't be making builds like: Wizard 1/Rogue 1/Fighter 1/Bard 1/Monk 1/Cleric 1

I'll be quite honest; that build shouldn't be banned. Even from an optimisation stand point, it's so weak it's cute, and that's coming fom a Vow of Peace user. And I'm not sure how to even remotely fluff it roleplay wise, with the odd mix of abilities and stats.

That's all that I need from you, now onto a nice game :smallbiggrin:

Yay! Casting Summon Party Members...

BTW: Post a link to your character sheet here in the OOC, and your background apart, spoilered.

Do you want my full background that can be anything I had planned before? Or enough of it such that it can fit your campaign world, whatever you might have planned?

Sheet here! (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YETr9_H4H7MQpmc3FP9fFq_Vja7q7lV-31IFOH--FkI/edit?pli=1#)

Hint: I like plothooks

I'll edit this post later. I might need some time, but I can think of lots of ideas... cliche as butt, but still.

Lexin
2012-09-27, 02:30 PM
Hello there. I might have used all classes to focus one one thing I am afraid... (they all have word 'dragon' somewhere)

Character
Alyssa Avaxssi (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=408974)

Description
Alyssa is beautiful... although in an exotic style. If not masked with magic, her skin is covered with tiniest greenish scales. She has large, well cared for wings and long red hair. She likes to wear extravagant clothes, but when she travels she uses practical clothing... if she remembers to change...

Personality
Alyssa is... insane. She could be cheerful and helpful one moment. And cheerfully burning villages a few hours later. She mostly does what she considers interesting and rarely cares about what others think about her actions.

Backstory
Alyssa was born in Yuan-ti tribe, grown fast and in unexpected way. Doing just what somebody wants isn't considered normal for Yuan-ti, especially for one with such special genes. She has two brothers and thanks to that everybody in the tribe could focus their attention and expectations on them, leaving Alyssa alone, so she could do what she liked. She is a really fast learner, if she really wants to know something, it didn't take her long to master her inherited powers in many, many ways. The one she was born with, channeling the power of her inner flame, shaping it and letting it out to destroy her enemies... or just for plain amusement. And the other one, based on teachings of her tribe, using the ancient blood flowing through her veins to harness surrounding her raw magic energy. She learned it fast, but among her tribe there weren't many opportunities to use it... so she left. She didn't run, and she didn't just begin a journey. The first would suggest that she ran from something, while the second suggests some preparations were made. But no, one day she just thought that this life wasn't interesting anymore... so she went somewhere else, sparing only a single thought for her home "If it would be boring out there, I will come back".

She traveled a lot, often using as directions bard's tales instead of maps. When she heard some townsfolk talking about a monster terrorizing a village nearby, she went there to see the monster and as it wasn't friendly she had to kill it at some point. They called her a hero there, and gave her a lot of gold... starting another obsession second only to 'the interesting' ... namely 'the shiny'. From now she often worked for money... and robbed people who had nice things but wouldn't share... One day in another village she went a little bit overboard... and they didn't call her a hero there ... they called her a monster. She didn't actually care, but from this point she encountered many people looking for her, trying to get bounty for her head. Year or two later the bounty was so high and so many headhunters died that only the most suicidal ones tried to get it... Except as it was a lot of 'shiny' Alyssa thought she would get it for herself instead. Not everything went as planned, they lured Alyssa to Garda Asylum using 'the shiny' to calm her suspicions... and she followed cheerfully. She stayed there for few years, as they fed her well, didn't try to take her belongings (at least after first few died trying) ... and she met a lot of famous people too. One was even a god! They also gave her a hamster (reminding her few times not to eat it)... to work out the anger issues. They said that hamsters are harmless, and that she should become friends with it and name it after something she likes... so she named the hamster Cheese. She likes cheese. And now she likes Cheese too.

After some time Asylum became boring... so, again, she just left... This time she left a note... kind of at least... she is not sure if giant hole in the wall counts. At first they tried to catch her, but as she didn't want to go back, she decided to use her magic to change how she looked like. It worked instantly! She could be clever at times! Now, just some time ago she heard that a really interesting town is nearby, built near the ancient beast, that shakes the foundations of the world (that's what bard said anyway). So she traveled there, hoping to find something interesting. Or shiny. Preferably both.

System-wise:
- Yuan-ti had too much LA for 6th level, so I think I used Drow stats with Yuan-ti fluff...
- I am quite sure that Warlock class and some feats are homebrew... if you need links I will look for them, but it was long time ago so it might take a while...

Except for the crazy one, I don't think there's too much of an issue of this happening, and crazy people are funny. Not to mention I think we're all going for mid to low up, not to mention we're just level 6.

Hey! She doesn't kill everything she sees! ... unless I roll 1 on her 'mood dice'...

Vixsor Lumin
2012-09-27, 02:36 PM
Hurray game! Hopefully this will work out :smalltongue: I just moved into a new place so I can't type up my background right this second, but ill try to find time soon. It is heavily tied in with Ino's.

gunnar11
2012-09-27, 02:41 PM
Hopefully you'll be able to keep that promise. It's like our group is cursed to be Dm'less.

Forgot to say, but I do expect a minimum of 1/2days posting, to keep things moving, except when previously said so.

Like I said, everyone actually did a pretty decent job with their backstories, if I do say so myself.

We'll see :smalltongue:

Crazy people are funny! I agree :smallbiggrin:
Though frowned upon:smallannoyed:

I'll be quite honest; that build shouldn't be banned. Even from an optimisation stand point, it's so weak it's cute, and that's coming fom a Vow of Peace user. And I'm not sure how to even remotely fluff it roleplay wise, with the odd mix of abilities and stats.

That specific build? Yeah, but you get what I mean

Yay! Casting Summon Party Members...

YAY! My favourite spell!

Do you want my full background that can be anything I had planned before? Or enough of it such that it can fit your campaign world, whatever you might have planned?

Sheet here! (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YETr9_H4H7MQpmc3FP9fFq_Vja7q7lV-31IFOH--FkI/edit?pli=1#)

Full background. You said we could modify it? I'll look into it.

I'll edit this post later. I might need some time, but I can think of lots of ideas... cliche as butt, but still.
Butt's aren't cliché....
Butt I get what you mean, hehe

and as said: I'll look into it.

qwertyu63
2012-09-27, 03:19 PM
Well, hello. Here's hoping you can stay around.

Sheet here. (http://ow.ly/br4rR)

FYI, a few things to note:

My character has some background listed on the sheet.

Among the things my character owns is a small house. The prices are listed here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/wilderness.htm#buyingBuildings). Scratch that. I need the money I spent on that, so just forget it. Spellbooks, why u so costly?

That sheet is slightly off ATM, as I am switching around some levels. And that's done.

Azoth
2012-09-27, 08:02 PM
I do have a small request. May I have a day or two to build a new character in line with the original 16 or a new 16. Starting up and then stopping this char three times already has made me a chagrined to attemp this specific one again. While I originally loved the idea of him, it has left a sour taste in my mouth to think of him "dying out" again.

INoKnowNames
2012-09-27, 08:29 PM
I do have a small request. May I have a day or two to build a new character in line with the original 16 or a new 16. Starting up and then stopping this char three times already has made me a chagrined to attemp this specific one again. While I originally loved the idea of him, it has left a sour taste in my mouth to think of him "dying out" again.

I'm doing my absolute best to stay with Althia, to the point where I'd make another public thread for tristalts if everyone else decided to quit on me. Though I admit I'm getting tired of starting and stoping.

If I remember right, we pretty much had free reign. Level 6 and all the stuff that would give a character, 40 point buy, 3 flaws, 3 traits, and (so long as it isn't pidgeon peckingly done) free multiclassing, with the only alignment restriction being that we can all play nice together. You did ask for a low to mid op game where we could make our favorite builds but not blow up the world, remember Azoth?

What type of character do you think you want to make? Got any ideas already, or just wanna do a new concept?

Hello there. I might have used all classes to focus one one thing I am afraid... (they all have word 'dragon' somewhere)

Nothing wrong with that. (says the person who's using 3 sets of spellcasting to be the White Mage).

Hey! She doesn't kill everything she sees! ... unless I roll 1 on her 'mood dice'...

... there's just the worst possible joke ever to give to that, but I'm not going to make it.

Hurray game! Hopefully this will work out :smalltongue:

If it doesn't, I might see if someone wants to teach me how to Dm.

I just moved into a new place so I can't type up my background right this second, but ill try to find time soon. It is heavily tied in with Ino's.

You wanted to go with that variant? I thought we were going for only a tangental reckoning in the end. I'll Pm details.

Forgot to say, but I do expect a minimum of 1/2days posting, to keep things moving, except when previously said so.

I hope to at least post once a week, if not more so, but some times things get busy, and I try to respect that for everyone. That said, disappearances over 2 weeks with no prior warning or explination aren't very nice....

Crazy people are funny! I agree :smallbiggrin:
Though frowned upon:smallannoyed:

I wonder if there's an actual ingame concept for insanity somewhere...

That specific build? Yeah, but you get what I mean

Whether or not I agree with it, I kinda see what you mean, and avoid it with a passion myself.

YAY! My favourite spell!

Shouldn't Wish be the favorite spell?

Full background. You said we could modify it? I'll look into it.

I assume you can ask for such changes if you wanted to, being the Dm and all. I don't mind it at all done to me, in the interest of helping in any way I can with the game.

Butt's aren't cliché....
Butt I get what you mean, hehe

Gotta love girls with good Charisma, Dexterity, and Constitution Scores.

Also, about those plot hooks, should they be character specific or ideas for the entire party?

Among the things my character owns is a small house. The prices are listed here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/wilderness.htm#buyingBuildings). Scratch that. I need the money I spent on that, so just forget it. Spellbooks, why u so costly?

50 gp is costly? Sucks to have to spend money on spells...

That sheet is slightly off ATM, as I am switching around some levels. And that's done.

What'd you end up doing?

Azoth
2012-09-28, 12:52 AM
I was going to change the race and such a bit.

Going more of a knowledge buff type than the "I am an envoy of a god you have never heard of".

Maybe something along the lines of arctic winged lesser assimar (+4dex +2con +4 wis flight)(+2LA)/xxx3/shiba protector1//swordsage6//paladin2/xxx4

I have to blow 4 feats to get shiba protector(human heritage, alertness, iron will, and combat expertise) and all that allows me to do is add wis to hit/dmg.

Maybe find a way with cloistered cleric to get decent party buffs. I wouldn't run any DMM.

gunnar11
2012-09-28, 02:59 AM
there's just the worst possible joke ever to give to that, but I'm not going to make it.

I still want to hear it :smalltongue:

I hope to at least post once a week, if not more so, but some times things get busy, and I try to respect that for everyone. That said, disappearances over 2 weeks with no prior warning or explination aren't very nice....

*giving in for the umpteenth time...*
Ok, ok.... Once every week at least. Happy now?
Even so, if you take longer than a week I WILL HAVE TO KNOW. Or I'll be really mad.
(Slow posting would btw be the only reason why I would ever leave this campaign. And you guys being ******* and not wanting to follow any kind of story)

Shouldn't Wish be the favorite spell?
Ultimate epic wish?

Nah, the DM already is a god...
Besides: Summoning friends is way cooler than anything wish can do!

Gotta love girls with good Charisma, Dexterity, and Constitution Scores.

I do, I REALLY REALLY do. Especially the dexterity scores.
Although a guy with a good constitution score will do too.

Also, about those plot hooks, should they be character specific or ideas for the entire party?

Character based only. Maybe, if you discuss it, it can be interwired with another character. I like having each character get through some personal issues.

It's called development

qwertyu63
2012-09-28, 07:53 AM
50 gp is costly? Sucks to have to spend money on spells...
Plus the cost of the spells themselves. It wasn't much, but I'd spent most of my money.

What'd you end up doing?
Switch one Ranger level for one Chameleon level, as I realized I qualified for it then.

INoKnowNames
2012-09-29, 08:29 PM
I was going to change the race and such a bit.

winged lesser assimar

Except for stats buffs, sounds a lot like your Winged Human if you ask me. Maybe my eye is just untrained.

Going more of a knowledge buff type than the "I am an envoy of a god you have never heard of".

They sound a lot a like, actually.

I have to blow 4 feats to get shiba protector(human heritage, alertness, iron will, and combat expertise) and all that allows me to do is add wis to hit/dmg.

Lucky we get so many flaws then.

Maybe find a way with cloistered cleric to get decent party buffs. I wouldn't run any DMM.

I suppose if you want to, though I'm building my character completely around supporting the rest of the party, so hopefully I can cover what you don't get or might need.

Which reminds me, feel free to recommend any buffs you might want, so long as it's a Cleric, Bard, or Sorceress spell, and hopefully I can aquire them in the future, if not already.

I still want to hear it :smalltongue:

....What are the chances of her failing that check once a month (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NoPeriodsPeriod)?

*giving in for the umpteenth time...*
Ok, ok.... Once every week at least. Happy now?

I will try my absolute best to do once a day if we are all that active...

I'm just saying with midterms and such coming around in school, it might be nice to have a little bit of breathing room, not to mention not trying to steam roll fight each other when it comes to roleplaying.

Even so, if you take longer than a week I WILL HAVE TO KNOW. Or I'll be really mad.

Oh definitely. Hate it when people disappear entirely without saying -something-.

(Slow posting would btw be the only reason why I would ever leave this campaign. And you guys being ******* and not wanting to follow any kind of story)

At the very least, I'm more than willing to try to follow a story.

Nah, the DM already is a god...
Besides: Summoning friends is way cooler than anything wish can do!

The notion that the summons will do anything you want to is one that I find outdated. You'd think monsters that could be easily wished up would be able to wish to be immune to summoning junk, not to mention half the tricks it would take to get them to surrender wishes....

I do, I REALLY REALLY do. Especially the dexterity scores.

A waist man, huh. That's interesting.

Although a guy with a good constitution score will do too.

You like guys with big butts? :smalleek:

Character based only. Maybe, if you discuss it, it can be interwired with another character. I like having each character get through some personal issues.

It's called development

Huh. I wasn't thinking about it in terms of character development. Besides, not all characters specifically need it. I hope that Althia's rounded enough to be fine the way she is. After the last bit of conversation, that came out a bit wrong.

Plus the cost of the spells themselves. It wasn't much, but I'd spent most of my money.

I didn't think you knew that many spells as a factotum for it to matter...

Switch one Ranger level for one Chameleon level, as I realized I qualified for it then.

Gotta love early qualification for Prestige Classes. Paragonistic Apostle yay!

.... You need a Chameleon Familiar, in addition to your Horse Animal Companion.

@ Vixsor Lumin, think you might be open to changing your build a bit? I know a way to make your character stronger that costs you absolutely nothing and gives nothing but bonuses, and it's not a cheap trick or anything, just a class substitution. Your character keeps everything it has, and only improves.

Diplomacy Roll to Convince Ally to use this idea: [roll0]

Azoth
2012-09-29, 09:26 PM
Eh the knowledge buff is going to be a bit of a crotchety old man. Not nearly so combat focused as my unarmed smacker. I think all of his feats so far have actually just been to qualify for his PRCs.

Build is done aside spell selection. I am working on fluff at the moment.
He is LA2/monk1/fighter2/shiba protector1//paladin3/stone blessed (dwarf)3//Cloistered Cleric6.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=451261

I intend to play him as the old guy that always has a story to tell about something obscure. When combat breaks out, he is going to try and help the others rather than start smacking people first.

Think caring old senile codger type.

Actually, as I look over my spell selection so far...I seem to be more healing/battlefield control oriented. The healing is minimal...but I guess we needed the BFC since we have strikers, adaptables, and a white mage. Someone need to be dropping the clerical screw yous on the bad guys.

If he does get mad/involved in the fight...well he can rafiki you with his walking stick...that's about it.

qwertyu63
2012-09-30, 06:53 AM
I didn't think you knew that many spells as a factotum for it to matter...

Factotums don't use spellbooks, Chameleons do. And the price wouldn't be that high if I hadn't spent my money already.

Gotta love early qualification for Prestige Classes. Paragonistic Apostle yay!

Not early at all. I just derped and forgot to go in on time.

.... You need a Chameleon Familiar, in addition to your Horse Animal Companion.

Um... Chameleons don't get a Familiar, and my Companion is a dog. One I am likely to forget I have.

gunnar11
2012-09-30, 09:27 AM
He is LA2/monk1/fighter2/shiba protector1//paladin3/stone blessed (dwarf)3//Cloistered Cleric6.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=451261

Seems fine. Wondering about your reflex save, though. Didn't it have a -3 for the flaw? (or did I miscalculate?)

You like guys with big butts? :smalleek:
No, I like them fit, well build, good constitution... :smallsigh:

TO ALL:
Almost ready/done?
IF you are, I'll need a reflex save for the first scene. Post OOC.
IF you are, I'll make the IC :smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-09-30, 09:43 AM
Ready!

...reflex...

...my weakest save...

[roll0]

Hmm... could be worse I guess... :smalltongue:

Azoth
2012-09-30, 01:09 PM
I get a minus 3 from from the flaw, but I add my wisdom bonus to my saves. I put both in the same column of affects.

Also, if I take the assimar/half celestial transition class, the final level gives wings with a better flight speed...but worse maneuverability. Do I keep my current speed/maneuverability, do I gain the new ones, or keep the better of both?

Azoth
2012-09-30, 01:12 PM
Fluff is almost done so here goes the save.

REF[roll0]

qwertyu63
2012-09-30, 09:53 PM
Reflex: [roll0]

INoKnowNames
2012-10-01, 11:07 PM
Eh the knowledge buff is going to be a bit of a crotchety old man. Not nearly so combat focused as my unarmed smacker. I think all of his feats so far have actually just been to qualify for his PRCs.

Ah, your other build was the "unarmed smacker" in question. I kinda wanted to see that in action, multihitting with powered up unarmed attacks multiple times in a round...

So... A Lawful Exalted Angelic Human Dwarf Monk Cleric?

D'aww, no more Swordsage...

I intend to play him as the old guy that always has a story to tell about something obscure. Think caring old senile codger type.

Hm... what does that remind me of... (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0218.html)

When combat breaks out, he is going to try and help the others rather than start smacking people first.

So, we've got 2 people beating up things, we've got one person blasting everything, and we've got 2 supportive people (though one at least has the ability to fight).

Actually, as I look over my spell selection so far...I seem to be more healing/battlefield control oriented. The healing is minimal...but I guess we needed the BFC since we have strikers, adaptables, and a white mage. Someone need to be dropping the clerical screw yous on the bad guys.

I dunno, what with all of my abilities completely oriented to roleplaying and support, and soon to be massive amounts of healing, I don't think you really need to focus too much on healing yourself. And when it comes to Battlefield Control, aren't Wizards/Sorcerors and even Druids better than the Cleric? Not to mention a Wizard with the Int focus would help with the knowledge angle you seem to be playing up.

Still seems interesting, though. Clerics are awesome!

If he does get mad/involved in the fight...well he can rafiki you with his walking stick...that's about it.

.... awesome. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CydieVRqtW0)

Factotums don't use spellbooks, Chameleons do. And the price wouldn't be that high if I hadn't spent my money already.

Um... Chameleons don't get a Familiar, and my Companion is a dog. One I am likely to forget I have.

Ah, I understand now. Though I don't see why you'd neglect your companion once you chose it. Poor dog... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uU7-X0iHes)

No, I like them fit, well build, good constitution... :smallsigh:

Heh, that just sounds funny. I was refering to an injoke I might not have even shared with this group, so I suppose it's not as relevant here.

Reflex:

I'm surprised your base save is that low. Aren't you a Warblade & Factotum? Going by stats alone, it should be +7, not counting whatever saves your class gives you or your other special abilities or items.

Anywho, I'll go ahead and do the roll. It's up to the Dm if it's a +7 or a +5.

[roll0]

Also, still totally taking suggestions for spells known for Bards and Sorcs, up to 2nd level, provided they can't also be learned by a Cleric. The Cleric part will be a bit more flexible, to suit the way the adventure goes.

I should make a list of spells I might take, actually... maybe you guys can proof read it and see what you think of my choices.

Azoth
2012-10-02, 02:50 AM
Yeah clerics aren't that great at BFC but I hate that just about every build for them is either DMM Persist buffs and trivialize the mele...or heal like no one's business.

I found a few gems for BFC in the generic cleric list. Ice Slick, Obscuring Mist, Silence, Bewildering Replacement, nausiating exhalation. I can also use SM line for a few creatures with annoying abilities. The only heal/buff I am packing are a few close wounds/and mas sresurgence. My saves are high enough that "theoretically" I should be the last to fail one. So the ability to give you all another chance or two in a day is golden.

I still have the sheet for my smacker. If the old guy dies, I can port him in to lay down some pain.

qwertyu63
2012-10-02, 07:50 AM
I'm surprised your base save is that low. Aren't you a Warblade & Factotum? Going by stats alone, it should be +7, not counting whatever saves your class gives you or your other special abilities or items.

Crap. It should be 2 higher (+1 Dex, +1 cloar of resist). Also, Factotum and Ranger are the good Ref saves on me. Warblade has poor Ref. And all 3 have poor will saves! :smallsmile:

INoKnowNames
2012-10-02, 08:37 AM
Yeah clerics aren't that great at BFC but I hate that just about every build for them is either DMM Persist buffs and trivialize the mele...or heal like no one's business.

Actually, Clerics are all good for a lot of things. Primary Melee, Primary Ranged, Skill Monkey, Summoning Caster, as well as Primary Healer and Buffer... most of the time, Healing isn't given much appreciation outside of Vigor. I hope I can still be useful, actualy...

Ice Slick,

It looks a lot like Grease, except in exchange for lacking it's Utility, it can take up a wider area on the floor...

Obscuring Mist

Isn't this spell capable of being learned by almost everyone, not just Clerics?

nausiating exhalation.

I can't find this one. The closest I get is a Dragon Fire Adept ability, actually...

I can also use SM line for a few creatures with annoying abilities.

Fair enough, but so could your previous punchy character, if I remember right.

The only heal/buff I am packing are a few close wounds/and mas sresurgence.

-Wow-! How do you have 4th level spells already?

My saves are high enough that "theoretically" I should be the last to fail one. So the ability to give you all another chance or two in a day is golden.

Heh. My defenses are so low, being able to even roll a save is probably the least of my problems.

I still have the sheet for my smacker. If the old guy dies, I can port him in to lay down some pain.

I never like the idea of just subbing in a new character when one passes away. Once we reach 9th level, I'll be sacrificing the WBL that would have gone into weapons and armor into the diamonds needed for reviving people, be it party members or those slain in the world. So be sure to get your character how you like it, because unless someone pulls a Sephiroth, I'll do my best to keep everyone alive.

Crap. It should be 2 higher (+1 Dex, +1 cloar of resist). Also, Factotum and Ranger are the good Ref saves on me. Warblade has poor Ref. And all 3 have poor will saves! :smallsmile:

.... something is still not adding up. Shouldn't you have a +13 (+ 6 Base , + 5 from Int, + 1 from Dex, and + 1 from Resistance Cloak) to your Reflex Save? The Dm never said we were flatfooted for these Reflex Saves.

qwertyu63
2012-10-02, 12:02 PM
.... something is still not adding up. Shouldn't you have a +13 (+ 6 Base , + 5 from Int, + 1 from Dex, and + 1 from Resistance Cloak) to your Reflex Save? The Dm never said we were flatfooted for these Reflex Saves.

Or, the most likely answer, I forgot I had Battle Clarity. I've never done a Warblade before, OK?

gunnar11
2012-10-02, 12:13 PM
And here's our own real IC!!!!!!

Tricastle: World at War! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13993408#post13993408)

And because the roll didn't work, the damage is:
[roll0]

I hope we have a great game!

INoKnowNames
2012-10-02, 04:14 PM
Or, the most likely answer, I forgot I had Battle Clarity. I've never done a Warblade before, OK?

Heh. Forgetting your class features is funny. Shouldn't you know your character like the back of your hand? (http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000546319/polls_funny_pictures_cat_surprised_by_back_of_hand _2800_228046_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg)

And here's our own real IC!!!!!!

I hope we have a great game!

As do I. If you don't mind me saying, it's been a bit since Vixsor appeared... he should hopefully be back soon, but do you want us to go on without him until then? Assuming then comes.

And because the roll didn't work, the damage is:
Roll=20

Wow... if it wasn't for a nice Fire Resistance 10, I'd be chicken meat... Then again, +2 skill points, so Althia can put up with being a bit hotter than normal.

Given your introduction, I take it our group is already familiar with one another?

When I'm out of school, I'll cook up a post.

gunnar11
2012-10-02, 04:27 PM
Heh. Forgetting your class features is funny. Shouldn't you know your character like the back of your hand? (http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000546319/polls_funny_pictures_cat_surprised_by_back_of_hand _2800_228046_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg)

I seriously laughed out loud at that picture. My sis is now looking at me with a 'wtf-face'

As do I. If you don't mind me saying, it's been a bit since Vixsor appeared... he should hopefully be back soon, but do you want us to go on without him until then? Assuming then comes.

We'll just keep playing and going on until he comes online, then I introduce him to the game. Unless he gets here in the next 1-2 days or so

Wow... if it wasn't for a nice Fire Resistance 10, I'd be chicken meat... Then again, +2 skill points, so Althia can put up with being a bit hotter than normal.

Given your introduction, I take it our group is already familiar with one another?
I didn't actually think about that. I give you two alternatives:

You already met each other
I change my post so you haven't met each other, but meet each other at the battle, whichever you want.

Everyone is at the festivities anyways.

And forgot to answer:
The dragon is at 500 ft distance, 200 ft altitude.
Auto-pass the SR

INoKnowNames
2012-10-06, 01:59 PM
Nothing kills quite like a semi week long disconnect. Anyone still around?

gunnar11
2012-10-06, 02:02 PM
I'm still here, and awaiting your replies. Just so you know: I post once everyone has posted, or if you think you've nothing good to add you have said so in the OOC.

Azoth
2012-10-06, 04:12 PM
Mass resurgence is a lvl3 spell.

Lexin
2012-10-06, 05:24 PM
Still here.

Auto-pass the SR check? ... cl 16 or supernatural ability...
The first is obviously bad...:smalltongue:

qwertyu63
2012-10-06, 06:42 PM
Here, and figures someone beats my check.

Azoth
2012-10-07, 04:58 PM
It happens man. Pretty sure the dice will hate me here in a minute. So...who wants to charge the dragon?

Lexin
2012-10-07, 04:59 PM
It happens man. Pretty sure the dice will hate me here in a minute. So...who wants to charge the dragon?

Me! ME! Choose me! ... oh shiny!... my precioussss ... ... what was I talking about?

gunnar11
2012-10-08, 02:22 PM
I'm missing INoKnowNames' post. Waiting for that, before continuing.

INoKnowNames
2012-10-09, 04:19 PM
I'm still here, and awaiting your replies. Just so you know: I post once everyone has posted, or if you think you've nothing good to add you have said so in the OOC.

Good to know.

Mass resurgence is a lvl3 spell.

For a Paladin, but I didn't know you had Paladin casting... let alone 11th level Paladin casting.

Still here.

Auto-pass the SR check? ... cl 16 or supernatural ability...
The first is obviously bad...:smalltongue:

It's not really too good in any case... Do you think you could take it on if it has such a thing as a supernatural ability?

Hm.... maybe it can be reasoned with. I'm certainly willing to try...

Edit: Actually, I'm dead serious in willing to try. If there's no one else tht needs assistance, then trying to convince the dragon to leave and stop hurting people and things is definitely my next choice of actions. Do I need to do anything special while approaching the tower?

Me! ME! Choose me! ... oh shiny!... my precioussss ... ... what was I talking about?

Who wants to go see the Dragon first. Any way to detect what type of Dragon it is?

I'm missing INoKnowNames' post. Waiting for that, before continuing.

Sorry to keep you waiting. Weekends tend to be busier for me, though I can sometimes post. But I usually always get you something mid week.

Azoth
2012-10-09, 10:07 PM
Whoops sorry on the mass resurgence...was looking at the wrong spot. Oh well...I can change it quickly.

gunnar11
2012-10-14, 09:41 AM
Peepz!
I'm still missing a post.....
Where are you? There's a dragon waiting!

Lexin
2012-10-15, 07:22 AM
Are we waiting for Names again?

INoKnowNames
2012-10-16, 04:20 PM
Whoops sorry on the mass resurgence...was looking at the wrong spot. Oh well...I can change it quickly.

Heh. Though you were an 11th level Paladin for a bit. Certainly made me feel less guilty about my mild-diplomancy.

Peepz!
I'm still missing a post.....
Where are you? There's a dragon waiting!

Are we waiting for Names again?

.... I was under the assumption that I was at least with the others, if not closer to the tower than anyone else, given that I was the first person to start moving toward the tower, even after having stoped to help 3 people be not dead.

Althia heals the 3 non-commoners who actually survived the blast, and begins moving to the Tower.

*everyone else hadn't taken actual action at this moment*

I was waiting on an answer to this question, though I should have made that much clearer, and for that, I appologise.

Edit: Actually, I'm dead serious in willing to try. If there's no one else tht needs assistance, then trying to convince the dragon to leave and stop hurting people and things is definitely my next choice of actions. Do I need to do anything special while approaching the tower?

Diplomancy vs Dragons! ... hopefully Althia isn't about to end up becoming Princess Peach.

By the way, if Vixsor doesn't come back since Vixsor won't be coming back, think we should find 2 more party members to join us mid game? 4 players, 1 of which is strictly a huge target at worst and unable/willing to contribute to klling at best, seems kinda small. And I've always prefered bigger parties, at least so long as everyone keeps up.

qwertyu63
2012-10-17, 07:44 AM
Diplomancy vs Dragons! ... hopefully Althia isn't about to end up becoming Princess Peach.

Eh, don't worry too hard about becoming Peach... Dang it, why couldn't you have said Zelda? That would have set me up for a joke.

INoKnowNames
2012-10-17, 08:14 AM
Eh, don't worry too hard about becoming Peach... Dang it, why couldn't you have said Zelda? That would have set me up for a joke.

If the castle was being attacked by a giant pig or evil wizard//rogue, then there'd be a chance she'd end up as Zelda.

What's the joke? Engald being Althia's Link?

qwertyu63
2012-10-17, 10:05 AM
What's the joke? Engald being Althia's Link?

Yeah. Remember, you're the one who said I was building Link.

INoKnowNames
2012-10-17, 10:10 AM
Yeah. Remember, you're the one who said I was building Link.

True, but you don't have a horse, nor do you have the charisma to pull off tights or being mute! :smalltongue:

gunnar11
2012-10-17, 11:22 AM
Ok, so should I just continue then?

INoKnowNames
2012-10-17, 11:31 AM
Ok, so should I just continue then?

Yeah. I thought I was waiting on you, either to answer my question, or to continue the plot.

.... I was under the assumption that I was at least with the others, if not closer to the tower than anyone else, given that I was the first person to start moving toward the tower, even after having stoped to help 3 people be not dead.

I was waiting on an answer to this question, though I should have made that much clearer, and for that, I appologise.

http://danchambersanimation.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/shrug.jpg?w=468

Azoth
2012-10-18, 02:28 AM
Ok guys on my initiative pass I am going to sling out an Ice Slick under the dragon. This should cause it to make a DC 18 Ref save not to fall off of the castle wall and land on the ground prone.

From there if anyone was a way to immobilize/entangle it that should buy us a bit of time. I doubt this thing has perfect maneuverability so it can't just bolt straight up and continue.

Time to see how well we can gell into this. Gotta say, its been a while since I took on a dragon.

Lexin
2012-10-18, 04:03 AM
Going for entangling exhalation, I will try Acid cause it is probably immune to fire.

Azoth
2012-10-18, 04:44 AM
Awesome. Now we just need someone to go into the castle and clear out survivors. Unless someone really wants to get in the dragon's face.

gunnar11
2012-10-18, 05:55 AM
Nice initiative xD

Dragon: [roll0]

Lexin
2012-10-18, 06:22 AM
Nice initiative xD

I didn't even check before you posted it.

... and yes, just perfect...

INoKnowNames
2012-10-18, 09:59 AM
D'aww... I miss stuff while I'm asleep...

Ok guys on my initiative pass I am going to sling out an Ice Slick under the dragon. This should cause it to make a DC 18 Ref save not to fall off of the castle wall and land on the ground prone.

From there if anyone was a way to immobilize/entangle it that should buy us a bit of time. I doubt this thing has perfect maneuverability so it can't just bolt straight up and continue.

Going for entangling exhalation, I will try Acid cause it is probably immune to fire.

Pretty good plan!

Time to see how well we can gell into this. Gotta say, its been a while since I took on a dragon.

... is that out of character, or in character? Because that sounds perfect in character. You should totally use that in your backstory.

Awesome. Now we just need someone to go into the castle and clear out survivors. Unless someone really wants to get in the dragon's face.

Since it seems to be either possessed or what not, given that a human speaking it's languge didn't even remotely divert it's attention away for a second, I don't think there's too much more I can do.

Then again, I didn't even get a chance to roll diplomacy against it to see how it might react toward me. I wonder what I would have gotten.

Hypothetical Diplomacy Roll against the Dragon: [roll0]

Hm... at the very least, if I had tried it this way, assuming nothing else was over-riding it's mind, it shouldn't want to kill me... I wonder if the calming aura might work.

Nice initiative xD

Dragon: [roll0]

I didn't even check before you posted it.

... and yes, just perfect...

Do those not attacking the dragon need to roll initiative? [roll1]

Also, how much time has passed since we first got it with fire? At least 24 seconds, right?

I wish Globes of Invunerability dealt with Supernatural Abilities, too... or at least Fire. I wonder if I could use it to get through the flames and debri. Could I? Fire Resistance 10. -DERP-

INoKnowNames
2012-10-18, 10:56 AM
Rerolling the Search Check in here: [roll0]

qwertyu63
2012-10-18, 05:23 PM
Looks like the dice gods want me to see things today, rolled 18 on Spot, and 18+4 on Search. My initiative didn't go though...

Initiative:[roll0]

EDIT: Not bad.

INoKnowNames
2012-10-18, 06:13 PM
Looks like the dice gods want me to see things today, rolled 18 on Spot, and 18+4 on Search. My initiative didn't go though...

Initiative:[roll0]

EDIT: Not bad.

Hopefully they'll have you see a way through the fire and flames without becoming a Crispy Link. :smalltongue:

qwertyu63
2012-10-18, 09:28 PM
Hopefully they'll have you see a way through the fire and flames without becoming a Crispy Link. :smalltongue:

Stop being so blasted melodramatic. It's nonmagical fire, it inflicts a mere 1d6 points of damage. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0243.html)

Now that I am done shoehorning OotS quotes, you are right. This could be an issue.

INoKnowNames
2012-10-18, 10:16 PM
Stop being so blasted melodramatic. It's nonmagical fire, it inflicts a mere 1d6 points of damage. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0243.html)

He's only got d4 hit dice, I'm surprised he can afford to be so calm.

Now that I am done shoehorning OotS quotes, you are right. This could be an issue.

Not if you had the Goron Mountain Dwarf Tunic!

Seriously though, DC 15 Reflex Save to avoid catching on fire, and since the place was just attacked, it shouldn't be to the point where Extreme Heat comes into play just yet. Provided you don't roll Natural 1s, you and I are basically fireproof, given your Reflex bonus of 13. Which you still need to fix on your sheet; we did go over this earlier.

Still, I'd be careful if I were you. At 63% of your normal hit points, you'll want to avoid doing anything else that might cause you to die, and walking into fire is suicidal for those of us who don't fast heal / are flame resistant.

I suppose, other than confirmation on tactics (and maybe indulging in my rampant curiosity) that we're ready for the Dm to advance?

qwertyu63
2012-10-20, 08:09 AM
Still, I'd be careful if I were you. At 63% of your normal hit points, you'll want to avoid doing anything else that might cause you to die, and walking into fire is suicidal for those of us who don't fast heal / are flame resistant.

Eh, it's not much, but I do have all my uses of Opportunistic Piety left.

gunnar11
2012-10-21, 06:47 AM
Dragon's reflex save: [roll0]

I'm also waiting for 3 more, but take your time :smallbiggrin:

Azoth
2012-10-24, 07:49 PM
Hahaha Dragon fall down go BOOM!

gunnar11
2012-10-25, 04:14 AM
Still missing INoKnowNames' post, then continuing

INoKnowNames
2012-10-25, 08:41 AM
Darn lack of extra dice to healing spells. Just wait until I become a Radiant Servant, then you'll see!

Hahaha Dragon fall down go BOOM!

.... I do not know why, but that just made me bust out with laughter.

Still missing INoKnowNames' post, then continuing

Waiting on you now, champ. :smalltongue:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, about possibly recruiting other players into the game, anyone particularly opposed to me doing so? I've always prefered more partners to less, myself. I might host another recruitment thread to bring some people in if no one minds.

I personally think we could use an Arcanist of some kind. I thought Mopsus was going to cover that before, and I don't think either Engald nor Althia can really claim it themselves. And for a 6th spot, I doubt we could go wrong with an additional beat-stick!

qwertyu63
2012-10-25, 08:52 AM
I personally think we could use an Arcanist of some kind. I thought Mopsus was going to cover that before, and I don't think either Engald nor Althia can really claim it themselves.

Yeah, we do really need an Arcane caster. I can cover the slot in an emergency, but a real caster I am not. We need someone to take the role.

INoKnowNames
2012-10-25, 01:37 PM
Yeah, we do really need an Arcane caster. I can cover the slot in an emergency, but a real caster I am not. We need someone to take the role.

See, that's what I thought. I'd have considered Althia to be able to handle it, but being 2 levels down on Bard Spells, and 1, soon to be 2, on Sorcerer levels that are already weaker than Wizard Levels, as well as the whole "not hurting a single soul" thing, she doesn't make for much of an Arcanist.

Also, are we to know each other? Or just be in the right city at the right time, and be the first 4 to act? Just for the sake of backstories for ourselves, as well as for potential newcomers.

Azoth
2012-10-25, 06:08 PM
Do we absolutely need an arcanist? I think we can get by without. Sure we may not have all the fun toys, but we aren't truly bad off.

INoKnowNames
2012-10-25, 06:40 PM
Do we absolutely need an arcanist? I think we can get by without. Sure we may not have all the fun toys, but we aren't truly bad off.

Hm... you know what, that is a pretty darn good question. It's universally accepted that the Wizard List is stronger than the Cleric List, but they're both considered the tops of the game, so by how much more might it be stronger..... New Thread in the Forums! Though, if no one objects to more party members, we at least don't need another source of Divine Magic. We've got 2.5 Clerics already!

I only think we could use more because if a Drunk Dragon is our starting encounter, we might need more help. That, and unless we get more constructs/undead, I know ya'll might need more help in defending against whatever we fight. Plus, we were originally going to have 5, but now that number's gone down... I just like bigger groups myself. If some people *coughmecough* don't slow the game down, then it helps keep things alive, and more characters means more roleplaying!

Azoth
2012-10-26, 01:45 PM
Heh 36 to hit roll for 14 damage...not bad for an old geezer. Sure as hell would want that slap myself. Though, I gotta say that I wish I had packed resurgence, prot from evil, or dispell magic today. Try and clear the dragon's head a bit.

INoKnowNames
2012-10-30, 11:46 AM
I owe you guys a post soon, don't I? I was hoping I'd hae posted something on Sunday, or at least Monday, but, plainly put, I almost killed my mom. So while I've been going through the forums a bit, a game post simply wasn't in the books.

Working on it now, though!

Lexin
2012-10-30, 11:50 AM
I owe you guys a post soon, don't I? I was hoping I'd hae posted something on Sunday, or at least Monday, but, plainly put, I almost killed my mom. So while I've been going through the forums a bit, a game post simply wasn't in the books.

... Yes this is all you will get as a comment to this post!

INoKnowNames
2012-10-30, 11:53 AM

Yeah, I know, I know. Everything's cool right now, at least for the most part. I've just got some troubles to go through.

gunnar11
2012-10-30, 12:29 PM

Is that something you could share with us/me? I believe I really want to know this. But if it's sensitive, don't tell.

In any case: good luck

INoKnowNames
2012-10-30, 02:53 PM
Is that something you could share with us/me? I believe I really want to know this. But if it's sensitive, don't tell.

In any case: good luck

Some times, when pushed, people push back... and some times, things just get kinda ugly.

Sunday Evening, things got ugly. And Monday was mainly clean up.

The Frenzied Berserker class seem like it would be interesting to roleplay... but it's not that fun in real life.

I've been getting help dealing with it for a couple of years, now. And I've done very well for the most part. But there's always a chance that a mistake is made.

Everything's back to normal now, though. Including me posting for D&D when I should be paying attenion to my professors. :smalltongue:

I was almost tempted to make a pervyish joke about something in character, but I decided to drop it.

So, rest of group, what do you think about me possibly trying to open up recruitment for 2 more players, just for having a bigger, more diverse group?

And what say you about backstories again? I know it might give a small tactical advantage in that the psycho's crazy-fire won't nuke us, but I'd say we at least know very little about eachother, if at all. I'd be fine with us just being the 4 most compotent individuals at the time, being nearby at the explosion and having survived it.

qwertyu63
2012-10-30, 04:53 PM
I'm just hoping someone in this group can free me. It's Knightmare all over again.

You are banished to the BLACK HOLE!

gunnar11
2012-10-30, 05:31 PM
waiting for your response.

Btw: I'm laughing my ass off already about what's going to happen...

INoKnowNames
2012-10-30, 05:36 PM
I'm just hoping someone in this group can free me. It's Knightmare all over again.

You are banished to the BLACK HOLE!

waiting for your response.

Btw: I'm laughing my ass off already about what's going to happen...

Waiting on me? Or qwerty? I'm not sure what he can do, so long as he's trapped, so he might or might not have explicitly given up an in character post. Though I won't put words in his mouth.

I probably just got trapped as well... or we're both dead... ;.;

qwertyu63
2012-10-31, 02:47 PM
I have no IC post to make in this pass. Go ahead.

INoKnowNames
2012-10-31, 02:50 PM
I have no IC post to make in this pass. Go ahead.

When did I grow a sense motive? And a pretty darn decent one to predict what was about to happen to Althia...

Was the warning more of a common sense thing (as would have been immediately assumed), or an actual voice in her head? Response in just a bit, though, either way. Responded.

What are the chances that our crazy dragonoid will find herself joining us shortly, just in time for the group to be teleported? I'm almost willing to bet on it now.

Also, do the other 2 of you now trapped have anything to say, or will you be skipping?

qwertyu63
2012-11-02, 07:46 AM
When did I grow a sense motive? And a pretty darn decent one to predict what was about to happen to Althia...

Was the warning more of a common sense thing (as would have been immediately assumed), or an actual voice in her head? Response in just a bit, though, either way. Responded.

What are the chances that our crazy dragonoid will find herself joining us shortly, just in time for the group to be teleported? I'm almost willing to bet on it now.

Also, do the other 2 of you now trapped have anything to say, or will you be skipping?

I don't have anything to say while still in the black hole. :smallamused:

Lexin
2012-11-02, 07:50 AM
So... I need to slay dragon alone!?
...sounds like fun!:smalltongue:

INoKnowNames
2012-11-04, 09:14 PM
I don't have anything to say while still in the black hole. :smallamused:

I assumed as such. Though I'm surprised you aren't trying to get out yourself... or at least talking to the NPC....

So... I need to slay dragon alone!?
...sounds like fun!:smalltongue:

I get the feeling that isn't going to work out, if you don't mind me saying. Though I still wish you the best of luck!

... are we going to decide if we all know each other or not?

I'm also somewhat surprised that our Dm hasn't updated yet, actually. Then again, I have absolutely no room to talk...

gunnar11
2012-11-05, 02:54 AM
I assumed as such. Though I'm surprised you aren't trying to get out yourself... or at least talking to the NPC....

Yeah....
Let's just say that that dragon can kill you in about three rounds. I suggest backing off and trying to get your friends out of that spellcircle to stand a chance.

... are we going to decide if we all know each other or not?

I'm also somewhat surprised that our Dm hasn't updated yet, actually. Then again, I have absolutely no room to talk...

Updating today, I thought I was missing one post, but oh well...

I'd prefer you not knowing each other. You may decide amongst yourselves, if you like. Though don't share any plothooks in your background, I like to integrate those in my campaign.

INoKnowNames
2012-11-07, 02:21 PM
Yeah....
Let's just say that that dragon can kill you in about three rounds. I suggest backing off and trying to get your friends out of that spellcircle to stand a chance.

I had a vote that she'd get knocked into the circle herself soon, actually.

Updating today, I thought I was missing one post, but oh well...

Do -doo- do do do... Muhnu Muhnu. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N_tupPBtWQ)

I'd prefer you not knowing each other. You may decide amongst yourselves, if you like. Though don't share any plothooks in your background, I like to integrate those in my campaign.

Hm... so that's 2 for "randomly meeting together"... and 3 "undecided" so far... what say the rest of ye'?

INoKnowNames
2012-11-13, 03:47 PM
Is everyone... or anyone, for that matter, still alive? Just a random check up.

gunnar11
2012-11-13, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I am, but I was awaiting replies.
IF you guys have nothing to say, mention it in the OOC, so I know I can continue.

I will write my post now.

INoKnowNames
2012-11-13, 03:57 PM
Yeah, I am, but I was awaiting replies.
IF you guys have nothing to say, mention it in the OOC, so I know I can continue.

I will write my post now.

I thought everyone had replied, and we were all waiting on your next post.... :smallconfused:

If only the internet hadn't cut out during trying to write up a post for this game... I'll have one by tonight when I get back!

Azoth
2012-11-19, 03:55 AM
*pokes to see if anyone is still alive*

gunnar11
2012-11-19, 11:06 AM
Wait, are we only the DM and three players now?
Where did our fourth go?

INoKnowNames
2012-11-20, 11:21 AM
Wait, are we only the DM and three players now?
Where did our fourth go?

I'm in another game with Qwerty; I'll ask him. Though he should still be around, last I checked.

At the worst, we could open recruitment again. Wouldn't be hard to introduce up to 3 new adventurers in the desert, assuming they don't come from other cities and get knocked into teleporters powered by old men killing themselves...

In the intrum, should I make a post to go ahead and try to help get us out of the desert? Or should I wait and see what the Ranger wants to add to the conversation first?

I also wonder if I should consider going Sublime Chord up the Bard path, just for the heck of it.

qwertyu63
2012-11-20, 12:28 PM
Sorry, switched browsers and lost my bookmarks for this game.

INoKnowNames
2012-11-20, 02:57 PM
Sorry, switched browsers and lost my bookmarks for this game.

Huh. I've always just stuck to Internet Explorer. Everyone hates it, but it's always served enough for my purposes...

INoKnowNames
2012-11-21, 06:13 AM
Double Posting because roll. I didn't know Knowledge:Nature worked on Terrain, since I thought that was just Geography's shtick, and before I cast a spell that drains away some of my own life force, knowing if we might be safe resting in the sand vice flying away is relevant info.

[roll0]

qwertyu63
2012-11-21, 08:34 AM
Double Posting because roll. I didn't know Knowledge:Nature worked on Terrain, since I thought that was just Geography's shtick, and before I cast a spell that drains away some of my own life force, knowing if we might be safe resting in the sand vice flying away is relevant info.

[roll0]

From looking at the Knowledge page on the SRD, it doesn't. It hits animals, fey, giants, monstrous humanoids, plants, seasons and cycles, weather, vermin.

gunnar11
2012-11-21, 08:39 AM
From looking at the Knowledge page on the SRD, it doesn't. It hits animals, fey, giants, monstrous humanoids, plants, seasons and cycles, weather, vermin.

It's a bit weather.

But mostly: I rolled survival secretly xD

INoKnowNames
2012-11-23, 07:51 PM
But mostly: I rolled survival secretly xD

Is it worth trusting the survival instincts of the insane?

gunnar11
2012-11-24, 06:12 AM
Is it worth trusting the survival instincts of the insane?

I don't know, you tell me!

btw: Secret rolls are secret for a reason :smallwink:

INoKnowNames
2012-11-26, 06:20 PM
I... actually don't have much of a response to a Sand Storm... not unless Spot/Search checks to find a hiding spot might be called for.

And I can't actually cast that spell again... well, I can do it one more time, but A) that would be my last non-domain spell of that level, which means unless I can convert the domain spell as well, I'd be out of such spells for the day.

B) It would be my last casting of Create Food and Water, and we should probably consider eating sometime soon...

and C) if I take too much strength damage, my own clothing would be too heavy for me to move in, let alone the rest of my equipment.

It probably wouldn't be able to help right now anyway, given the winds that occur in a Sand Storm...

-----

TL;DR: I've got nothing this time.

qwertyu63
2012-11-28, 10:30 PM
I... actually don't have much of a response to a Sand Storm... not unless Spot/Search checks to find a hiding spot might be called for.

And I can't actually cast that spell again... well, I can do it one more time, but A) that would be my last non-domain spell of that level, which means unless I can convert the domain spell as well, I'd be out of such spells for the day.

B) It would be my last casting of Create Food and Water, and we should probably consider eating sometime soon...

and C) if I take too much strength damage, my own clothing would be too heavy for me to move in, let alone the rest of my equipment.

It probably wouldn't be able to help right now anyway, given the winds that occur in a Sand Storm...

-----

TL;DR: I've got nothing this time.

You could help make some shelter.

INoKnowNames
2012-11-29, 01:43 PM
.... I feel kinda dumb now.... when I saw Sandstorm, I kinda thought "Tornado made of Sand", and figured we esentually had a QTE worth of time before being sucked in an ejected to the next section of the plot.

I've never actualy seen a Sandstorm before.....

I don't check for a few days, and suddenly all my games get active again....

Lexin
2012-11-29, 01:50 PM
.... I feel kinda dumb now.... when I saw Sandstorm, I kinda thought "Tornado made of Sand", and figured we esentually had a QTE worth of time before being sucked in an ejected to the next section of the plot.

I've never actualy seen a Sandstorm before.....

I don't check for a few days, and suddenly all my games get active again....

More like a wall of sand (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffJr66tmEPg) coming in our direction...

INoKnowNames
2012-11-29, 01:57 PM
More like a wall of sand (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffJr66tmEPg) coming in our direction...

That is an incredibly helpful visual. Thank you.

Also, dang... that's definitely a good reason to not suddenly stop and actally help build shelter!

INoKnowNames
2012-11-30, 07:54 PM
I'll be acting on the assumption that now's the time to get to know each other, since I don't think we've mentioned anyone by name just yet.

Also going to take a few liberties on backstory, based on what was planned in the past.

How long do you think we'll be stuck down in the pit? Hopefully not long enough to get eaten...

qwertyu63
2012-12-06, 09:05 PM
How long do you think we'll be stuck down in the pit? Hopefully not long enough to get eaten...

I doubt that one.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-07, 11:43 PM
I doubt that one.

If I keep taking this long to post, that might be a bet worth taking!

INoKnowNames
2012-12-10, 10:28 PM
[roll0]

Brief skill check, nothing to see here!

qwertyu63
2012-12-13, 01:14 PM
INo, how do you do that? You are offline for hours, then I go to make a post. You post, making mine a non-sequitur and are offline again before I finish my post. How?

Lexin
2012-12-13, 01:17 PM
INo, how do you do that? You are offline for hours, then I go to make a post. You post, making mine a non-sequitur and are offline again before I finish my post. How?

It never shows if he is online...

qwertyu63
2012-12-13, 01:18 PM
It never shows if he is online...

I know, and it's weird. You think you are safe to post without being ninja'd, then he strikes.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-13, 01:40 PM
INo, how do you do that? You are offline for hours, then I go to make a post. You post, making mine a non-sequitur and are offline again before I finish my post. How?Spooky, isn't it?
It never shows if he is online...I'm the boogey man....
I know, and it's weird. You think you are safe to post without being ninja'd, then he strikes.

Ninja Kitty (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzzjgBAaWZw) is excellent Teacher.

Random question: Not that I mind us roleplaying for so long, but our Dm being so silent for so long, given our record with Dms, makes me slightly nervous. At least the comment about eating raw squirrels should provoke some kind of response... Gunnrar, are you still around?

qwertyu63
2012-12-14, 09:15 AM
His last activity, as of this post, was about 5 hours, 45 minutes ago, assuming my math skills are still working.

gunnar11
2012-12-15, 11:14 AM
I'm still around, don't worry :smalltongue:

I was just checking your rp-skills. Don't worry, keep Rp-ing, I'll post tomorrow

INoKnowNames
2012-12-15, 07:39 PM
His last activity, as of this post, was about 5 hours, 45 minutes ago, assuming my math skills are still working.

I checked at the time of your post; you were pretty accurate.

I'm still around, don't worry :smalltongue:

Well well, so you are! Your boast that this might be the last OOC we have to make might have some creed to it! None of previous ones, OOC or IC, have lasted this long!

I was just checking your rp-skills. Don't worry, keep Rp-ing, I'll post tomorrow

I might get in one more post as we're eating, but otherwise, I think we're good. I feel like we'd have been more talkative with more players, myself. What do you think so far? Personally, I'm surprised the silly Alyssa had so little to say... and I'm sorry that my characters all talk as much as I do. I've been told by many that I need to learn to shut up.

Random Question: Any chance that I can design 3 new spells if we get high enough in level? Nothing -too- game breaking, I promise. Just 3 greedy remakes of certain spells.

... and lastly, speaking of levels, any chance we get Roleplaying Exp and exp for surviving that encounter earlier? :smallsmile:

gunnar11
2012-12-15, 09:55 PM
I might get in one more post as we're eating, but otherwise, I think we're good. I feel like we'd have been more talkative with more players, myself. What do you think so far? Personally, I'm surprised the silly Alyssa had so little to say... and I'm sorry that my characters all talk as much as I do. I've been told by many that I need to learn to shut up.

No No No!
Please don't shut up! Talking is good!

Random Question: Any chance that I can design 3 new spells if we get high enough in level? Nothing -too- game breaking, I promise. Just 3 greedy remakes of certain spells.

I'm gonna give you the standard answer for most questions: It all depends. On which spells and what they do.

... and lastly, speaking of levels, any chance we get Roleplaying Exp and exp for surviving that encounter earlier? :smallsmile:
You get exp when you get exp, you will see :smalltongue:
The ways of the DM are mysterious :smallcool:

INoKnowNames
2012-12-17, 02:23 PM
No No No!
Please don't shut up! Talking is good!

You're one of the few people to ever say that to me... I feel... almost touched...

I'm gonna give you the standard answer for most questions: It all depends. On which spells and what they do.

Now that I've had time to think about it, I'm not entirely sure I'll be even considering the spells, to be honest. Due to the lack of focus on Weaponry, and maybe even on Armor, most Althia's wealth will be spent on Magic Items and donations to the Church. Keeping money stored away for Revival Purposes shouldn't be too hard... They'd have just been Sanctified Versions of the Raise Dead line, requiring Strength, Dex, and Constitution Damage / Drain / -Character Level for each one respectively, at least at rough draft.

You get exp when you get exp, you will see :smalltongue:
The ways of the DM are mysterious :smallcool:

Aww... Didn't even get Exp for braving a burning building and taking on a Dragon?

gunnar11
2012-12-17, 05:52 PM
You're one of the few people to ever say that to me... I feel... almost touched...

Don't worry, it was meant to make you feel touched, so go ahead ^^
Although not the wrong kind of touched.

And that's how you ruin the mood :smalltongue:

Aww... Didn't even get Exp for braving a burning building and taking on a Dragon?
You did, though I've never liked my pc's knowing how much exp they got. I find it weird that a character/player may know how much experience he/she is having while on an adventure.
It's much more logical if you developed skills in time. Somewhere you perfect your skills/spells, and that's the moment I tell you you leveled up.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-17, 06:50 PM
Don't worry, it was meant to make you feel touched, so go ahead ^^
Although not the wrong kind of touched.

And that's how you ruin the mood :smalltongue:

Indeed, do -you- get exp for that? (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0292.html)

You did, though I've never liked my pc's knowing how much exp they got. I find it weird that a character/player may know how much experience he/she is having while on an adventure.
It's much more logical if you developed skills in time. Somewhere you perfect your skills/spells, and that's the moment I tell you you leveled up.

Good to know.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-18, 07:24 AM
This is Worth a Double Post.

Remember when I asked if anyone minded more people, and didn't get a no for an answer?

Does it count as looking for more people if one of the people were one of us?

I found Vixsor this morning! He's back! And interested in playing with us again!

I'd certainly hope that there wouldn't be a problem with that, so long as he avoids disappearing again, right?

Lexin
2012-12-18, 07:38 AM
This is Worth a Double Post.

Remember when I asked if anyone minded more people, and didn't get a no for an answer?

Does it count as looking for more people if one of the people were one of us?

I found Vixsor this morning! He's back! And interested in playing with us again!

I'd certainly hope that there wouldn't be a problem with that, so long as he avoids disappearing again, right?

...This vanishing. Little. Arghhh!

Yeah, I guess.

Arghhh!

INoKnowNames
2012-12-18, 07:53 AM
...This vanishing. Little. Arghhh!

Yeah, I guess.

Arghhh!

Are... are you okay? :smallconfused:

Lexin
2012-12-18, 07:55 AM
Are... are you okay? :smallconfused:

... We had a duo game with Vixsor... quite a fun one too...

INoKnowNames
2012-12-18, 07:58 AM
... We had a duo game with Vixsor... quite a fun one too...

Since he is back, you could remake it... or do you have hard feelings over his disappearance?

Lexin
2012-12-18, 08:00 AM
Meh, don't worry about it.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-18, 08:17 AM
Meh, don't worry about it.

If you say so... hope there isn't a problem...

Lexin
2012-12-18, 08:20 AM
If you say so... hope there isn't a problem...

Don't worry... I don't mix OOC with IC... the only problem that might show up is that Vixsor character would be "randomly" selected to be attacked with chocolate cookies...
(or at least his character would be the first one to experience it... nobody is safe!)

INoKnowNames
2012-12-18, 08:58 AM
Don't worry... I don't mix OOC with IC... the only problem that might show up is that Vixsor character would be "randomly" selected to be attacked with chocolate cookies...
(or at least his character would be the first one to experience it... nobody is safe!)

Cookies need to be outlawed in the Lizardfolk Kingdom, less someone get horribly maimed by the crazy dragonoid...

gunnar11
2012-12-18, 05:57 PM
You may always attack the DM with chocolate cookies, just saying.

On Vixsor: Welcome back!

Don't ever disappear again, or I'll cut your intestines out and feed them to your artificially animated head, while your headless body does a dance.

I love describing scenes

Vixsor Lumin
2012-12-19, 01:53 AM
its good to be back! by the way, im sorryy Lexin for that. i really enjoyed that game to, especially when the DM admitted that he wasnt ready for how strong our characters were after that bearded devil scene. Im sad that we never even got to try any of our tricks out.

EDIT:@gunnar, im thinking of tweaking my character a bit. i was going to replace his fighter levels with feat rogue levels, and maybe get it going into this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14395756&postcount=440) prc i had made. if not i understand and ill just replace the fighter levels.

qwertyu63
2012-12-19, 03:30 PM
Welcome back.

gunnar11
2012-12-19, 08:08 PM
Just a heads up:
I'll be disappearing until saturday. Busy with school, parties, the end of the world and the luvsss :3

Anyway: Post something here on saturday, that way I get an e-mail, and I my memory shakes up to take some action

qwertyu63
2012-12-20, 07:01 AM
^ Alright.

Also, it is really hard to refer to aptitude focuses in character.

qwertyu63
2012-12-22, 08:48 AM
Hey, it's Saturday.

Lexin
2012-12-22, 09:24 AM
Hey, it's Saturday.

Hmm, you are right!

http://i1.kwejk.pl/site_media/obrazki/2012/12/3603646e519cd4537b77d5fa44f46ea8_original.jpg?1356 095022

INoKnowNames
2012-12-22, 09:38 AM
That's right; we were all supposed to die, weren't we? :smalltongue:

I've just been drained of my energy lately, but I'ma try to fit some posts in today, since my work manager felt like giving me a break this morning.

I wanted to ask Gunrar about one weird thing I noticed about Vow of Peace... and I think I'll make sure to get backstory information loaded onto the sheet sometime tonight, after I've prepared some postage.

I wonder how soon it will take to get Vixsor into the party... I also can't believe we managed to survive our first night in game.

Random Question for the party: Were Alyssa or Mopsus at all damaged by the Dragon? I thought both went into physical combat with it after being hit by a fireball, yet both remain at full hp (or in Mopsus case, still have no hp at all recorded) from my reckoning. Just curious if anyone wants a Cure burned on them or not. I know Engald could use a touch.

Additionally, when might we be introduced to Cheese? And I wonder when Engald might gain his animal companion...

qwertyu63
2012-12-22, 11:56 AM
I know Engald could use a touch.

And I wonder when Engald might gain his animal companion...

In order:

Eh, 54-20+16, so I'm at 50/54 hp. Your call.

Uh, if I ever think of it. It's on the sheet, but it's clearly not here.

Lexin
2012-12-22, 12:01 PM
Hmm, it seems Alyssa lost 10 hp... she could heal it herself with healing belt, but wouldn't mind you healing here, if you have spells to spare.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-22, 12:15 PM
In order:

Eh, 54-20+16, so I'm at 50/54 hp. Your call.

Hmm, it seems Alyssa lost 10 hp... she could heal it herself with healing belt, but wouldn't mind you healing here, if you have spells to spare.

Healing it is, then!

Uh, if I ever think of it. It's on the sheet, but it's clearly not here.

You could gain it in game some how... that'd be fun!

gunnar11
2012-12-22, 12:22 PM
Hmm, you are right!

http://i1.kwejk.pl/site_media/obrazki/2012/12/3603646e519cd4537b77d5fa44f46ea8_original.jpg?1356 095022

That kitty be right :smallcool:

That's right; we were all supposed to die, weren't we? :smalltongue:

I've just been drained of my energy lately, but I'ma try to fit some posts in today, since my work manager felt like giving me a break this morning.

I wanted to ask Gunrar about one weird thing I noticed about Vow of Peace... and I think I'll make sure to get backstory information loaded onto the sheet sometime tonight, after I've prepared some postage.

I wonder how soon it will take to get Vixsor into the party... I also can't believe we managed to survive our first night in game.

Random Question for the party: Were Alyssa or Mopsus at all damaged by the Dragon? I thought both went into physical combat with it after being hit by a fireball, yet both remain at full hp (or in Mopsus case, still have no hp at all recorded) from my reckoning. Just curious if anyone wants a Cure burned on them or not. I know Engald could use a touch.

Additionally, when might we be introduced to Cheese? And I wonder when Engald might gain his animal companion...
Gotta ask what you gotta ask. Just fire me a question, and I'll answer!

Vixsor: I won't introduce you just yet, that'd be awkward (with the desert and such)

And sorry guys, but I'll have to stall my post a bit more. I don't feel well/creative and have lots to do. Sorry!

INoKnowNames
2012-12-22, 12:28 PM
Gotta ask what you gotta ask. Just fire me a question, and I'll answer!

Alright. Why are Oozes, monsters with little disernable "life" or reason to live beyond devowering others, not included in Vow of Peace's exceptions clause? Without excessive splat-booking, there's little way for the average adventurer to positively interact with an ooze, right?

Vixsor: I won't introduce you just yet, that'd be awkward (with the desert and such)

I assumed that much! :smalltongue: I expect we might find him once we get somewhere others might be at.

And sorry guys, but I'll have to stall my post a bit more. I don't feel well/creative and have lots to do. Sorry!

I'm still needing to post myself, so I'm thankful your post hasn't come yet! :smalltongue:

Take all the time you need; everyone's usually busy at the holidays.

qwertyu63
2012-12-22, 06:53 PM
((1d8+5)[13]) healing... Way more then I required...

INoKnowNames
2012-12-22, 06:56 PM
((1d8+5)[13]) healing... Way more then I required...

Just enjoy the positive energy, then.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-12-23, 09:06 AM
i didnt think so :smalltongue: so did you take a look at the homebrew i requested?

gunnar11
2012-12-23, 09:07 AM
I just noticed that INo's post leaves no opening to narrate for me. It seems it's waiting for Mopsus time.
Also: Sure, you can take 20, it doesn't seem like you're in a dire situation. You even get a +2 on top of the highest modifier (of you 4) for working together.

I'm ok with the PrC, but you'll have to modify/remove two special abilities:
Cut and Carry: because I think it's overpowered
Scry-Travel: Because it doesn't make sense.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-12-23, 09:25 AM
Im totally fine with just dropping cut and carry, but could i replace scry travel with the ability to treat adjacent enemies as flat footed if i end my travel next to them?

INoKnowNames
2012-12-23, 09:28 AM
I just noticed that INo's post leaves no opening to narrate for me. It seems it's waiting for Mopsus time.

Sorry... I can go back and edit it, if you'd like.

Also: Sure, you can take 20, it doesn't seem like you're in a dire situation. You even get a +2 on top of the highest modifier (of you 4) for working together.

I wonder who can get higher than a +8 of the 4 of us... Actually, from my count; Alyssa gets a +9, +2 for the Map, and +2 for us working together, for a grand total of 33, I think?

Lexin
2012-12-23, 09:51 AM
I wonder who can get higher than a +8 of the 4 of us... Actually, from my count; Alyssa gets a +9, +2 for the Map, and +2 for us working together, for a grand total of 33, I think?

OOC you are right.
IC would you trust her?

INoKnowNames
2012-12-24, 08:32 AM
OOC you are right.
IC would you trust her?

She doesn't seem entirely as insane as you've stated she might... just silly and whimsical.

Still, a +6 from the more sane might be just as good. 20+6+2+2. A 30 on a Geography check... possibly aided by a Know Dirrection spell. We should be able to figure our way to the nearest locale.

Azoth
2012-12-24, 11:45 AM
Sorry, I am bad about checking OOC threads for games I am in. I took 10 damage from the dragon's attack.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-24, 11:50 AM
Sorry, I am bad about checking OOC threads for games I am in. I took 10 damage from the dragon's attack.

I see. Just curious. Healing in just a bit. I was going to retcon in, but I guess not, now. :smallredface: I suppose there are -some- downsides to being a lurking Ninja.

I honestly don't know why I'm rolling this, but what evs.

[roll0]

Also, I just realised I need to adjust my Sorc spell list: I've got a couple of spells messed up if I'm looking at it right.

gunnar11
2012-12-25, 08:20 AM
She doesn't seem entirely as insane as you've stated she might... just silly and whimsical.
UNTIL SHE DRIVES A HOLY SWORD INTO YOUR STOMACH! :smallfurious:

:smalltongue:

On other news:
HAPPY X-MAS EVERYONE!

INoKnowNames
2012-12-25, 08:47 AM
UNTIL SHE DRIVES A HOLY SWORD INTO YOUR STOMACH! :smallfurious:

:smalltongue:

That seems less a joke and more kinda scary. I'm hoping she wouldn't be quite that malicious....

On other news:
HAPPY X-MAS EVERYONE!

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Althia herself wakes up a couple of times to some ants passing the 10ft barrier.

That's right, that's what you get for thinking I'd murder you in your sleep :smalltongue:

Give that, with the losest and meanest interpretations of how Vow of Peace works, her rolling over onto an ant on accident could cause her to lose 1/3rd of her class features. I'd say using a spell to be able to watch for and prevent that probably does it's job, though the intent was more if anyone potentially might stumble nearby and be able to find us while we're underground. Who knows how the sand might have shifted while we sleep.

The second one was so that she could be awake to provide Breakfast for everyone while recieving her spells at the first sign of Pelor's guidance (the breaking of the Sun). Althia's an early waker, striving to be prepared to nurture others around her.

Give a non unbroken bit of sleep, does that mean Althia doesn't get to prepare/regain her lost spells? Speaking of which, I rewrote my spell list. Just need to add it to my sheet. ... along with the backstory I never added that I was supposed to.

Dang... spent too long on that response, and now he's already gone.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-30, 11:12 AM
Double Post: Who all is still around? Our Dm hasn't been online since the 27th, so I's slightly worried about him... but he should be updatable by Email, and he was the last IC Poster... I just wish I knew if I had spells ready.

Everyone else survive the holidays?

gunnar11
2012-12-30, 06:18 PM
Yes, your spells are readied.
I'm currently in a rough phase (with loved ones, etc) so I won't be posting until the 4th-6th of January.

Please bear with me.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-30, 06:42 PM
Yes, your spells are readied.

Ah, yay!

I'm currently in a rough phase (with loved ones, etc) so I won't be posting until the 4th-6th of January.

Oh, I'm sorry...

Please bear with me.

Certainly. Take care!

qwertyu63
2012-12-31, 09:20 AM
Double Post: Who all is still around? Our Dm hasn't been online since the 27th, so I's slightly worried about him... but he should be updatable by Email, and he was the last IC Poster... I just wish I knew if I had spells ready.

Everyone else survive the holidays?

Still here.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-12-31, 04:10 PM
im still here :) just waiting to hear how im getting introduced.

Lexin
2013-01-01, 01:37 PM
Still here.
(just without internet for last few days...)

gunnar11
2013-01-08, 05:35 PM
Okay,

I'm back.

Is everyone still here?

Vixsor Lumin
2013-01-10, 12:23 AM
I am! *looks for others* surprised to be the first to reply to that, considering ive been without internet for a few days

Lexin
2013-01-10, 05:52 AM
Still here.

INoKnowNames
2013-01-10, 07:35 PM
I gotta catch up to all the games I've not caught up to in the past few weeks.. including this one; shoulda had a post up several days ago...

gunnar11
2013-01-10, 07:44 PM
the moment I hear our fourth member check in, we'll catch up with one of my excelling posts :smalltongue:

INoKnowNames
2013-01-10, 07:53 PM
the moment I hear our fourth member check in, we'll catch up with one of my excelling posts :smalltongue:

Cool. I'll message Azoth, then.

qwertyu63
2013-01-19, 11:43 PM
Where did everybody go?

Vixsor Lumin
2013-01-19, 11:54 PM
im still here, i just cant post IC....

qwertyu63
2013-01-20, 08:47 AM
2 things:
1: Lexin is clearly still here.
2: Lexin is clearly very funny... "Alyssa finds herself in a standing position, which makes further sleeping much more difficult." is one of the funniest lines I've read in a long time.

Azoth
2013-01-30, 06:04 PM
Sorry for my long disappearance guys. I had a coworker take off the entire month of January. Suffice to say between training his temp replacement, an average of a 55-60 hour work week, and other things going wrong at work/home my time here has been very limited as of late.

The next two weeks will be a little tough as well, but by and large...I am back.

gunnar11
2013-02-01, 04:52 PM
May I just say that it's quite ironic that the one who contacted me to do this game (IKnowNoNames), is exactly the one that is making the game die right now?

Just mentioning it :smalltongue:

Azoth
2013-02-10, 02:58 PM
It is amusing to say the least.

Vixsor Lumin
2013-02-11, 03:10 PM
Im gonna withdraw from this game. i know its my fault im not in since i left the site for awhile, but its been about a month and there is no sign of my character appearing anytime soon.

INoKnowNames
2013-03-14, 03:06 PM
Dang... last few post seem to say I may have been too late on this one... :smallsigh:

I guess it's too late, now, but is anyone else still in on this? I understand, if not...

Lexin
2013-03-15, 01:30 PM
If you convince others, then... maybe...

gunnar11
2013-03-17, 11:09 AM
if everyone's still on board...

Azoth
2013-03-17, 03:48 PM
I am good to go still.

INoKnowNames
2013-03-20, 07:54 PM
Thank goodness it isn't as hard in game as it is in real life to fix wounds....

It seems everyone but Vixsor Lumin is on board for this one... Said to see a player go... hate it even more that it was my fault... but I guess there's not much to do about it now, is there.

As for the game, I need to now check and see where I left us waiting then, right?

.... now that I realize it, I also need to access my gmail account and check her character sheet... would be the one thing I hadn't gained access to just yet.

Azoth
2013-03-22, 05:57 PM
Vix has been having computer issue the past 3 months or so. He is on when he can be. I know because he is in 3 other games with me. He may not have gotten a chance to read your message yet.

gunnar11
2013-03-23, 07:59 AM
Vix has been having computer issue the past 3 months or so. He is on when he can be. I know because he is in 3 other games with me. He may not have gotten a chance to read your message yet.
Im gonna withdraw from this game. i know its my fault im not in since i left the site for awhile, but its been about a month and there is no sign of my character appearing anytime soon.

Does that answer your premonition?

Azoth
2013-03-26, 02:23 PM
More than adequately. So, when do we begin again?

gunnar11
2013-03-27, 07:31 AM
As soon as INoKnow has posted.

INoKnowNames
2013-04-01, 03:18 AM
As soon as INoKnow has posted.

If I haven't made up a post by 5 Am, then you can swear on our souls I'll have one before the end of the day.

INoKnowNames
2013-04-20, 12:26 PM
Apparently, my sacrifices to the PBP Gods were not in vain.

At least, not fully. Staff Call?

gunnar11
2013-04-20, 12:31 PM
Exams are done!
Now you've got my attention for 3 weeks, after that it'll be another 3 weeks of SAT's, so do everything you can right now!

INoKnowNames
2013-04-20, 12:46 PM
Exams are done!
Now you've got my attention for 3 weeks, after that it'll be another 3 weeks of SAT's, so do everything you can right now!

How did all of those exams go? You better not have failed anything! Fs are Bad!

gunnar11
2013-04-20, 02:25 PM
How did all of those exams go? You better not have failed anything! Fs are Bad!

Recalculating it to american standards:

Dutch: C
English: A+
Physics: C+
Algebra & Geometry: B+
Chemistry: D+
History: C+
Biology: B
Latin: C-

I think that's it...

INoKnowNames
2013-05-02, 07:17 PM
Recalculating it to american standards:

Dutch: C
English: A+
Physics: C+
Algebra & Geometry: B+
Chemistry: D+
History: C+
Biology: B
Latin: C-

I think that's it...

Dang, I've never taken that many classes at once... wow.

In other news, we totally got DDOS'ed... which stinks.

Who all is here again?

Azoth
2013-05-03, 05:46 AM
Still here and posting

gunnar11
2013-05-03, 04:08 PM
Well hello.

Of COURSE I'm here. Don't ever doubt that!

INoKnowNames
2013-05-09, 08:11 AM
I should have long since posted already... but yeah, I'm always here, too. At least when I'm not hospitalized, anyway.

Post incoming. With my own finals done (4 As, 2 Bs), I should be a little bit more diligent in my rates.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-13, 03:01 PM
Summon Party Members seems to have worked. Qwerty says he lost the threads before, and I just sent them to him. He should be back soon.

And I summoned Lexin yesterday!

qwertyu63
2013-05-13, 03:46 PM
And here I am. On the posting thing.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-15, 06:26 AM
My paranoia senses are actually starting to tingle a bit... it's been a while since we've had serious dice rolling, and in character we've more than enough time pass to justify a random encounter... :smalleek:

gunnar11
2013-05-15, 06:27 AM
My paranoia senses are actually starting to tingle a bit... it's been a while since we've had serious dice rolling, and in character we've more than enough time pass to justify a random encounter... :smalleek:

Don't worry, you'll find out soon enough :smallamused:

I'm just waiting on the course you'll take...

INoKnowNames
2013-05-15, 06:40 AM
Don't worry, you'll find out soon enough :smallamused:

I'm just waiting on the course you'll take...

..... I need to do a sandbox game and use that phrase on the players, see how much fun it is scaring them....

Until that time comes, I think we're ready for an update.

gunnar11
2013-05-17, 03:29 PM
Your Knowledge Geography told you that:

-Around you is sand
-The ocean's close
-This is indeed a city
-You're not where you were before
-I'm having a lot of fun *laughs maniacally and evil-ly*

INoKnowNames
2013-05-19, 01:03 AM
-I'm having a lot of fun *laughs maniacally and evil-ly*

You're enjoying this -too- much.

Azoth
2013-05-19, 02:13 AM
I think I may have to start prepping more divinations on Mopsus. Start playing 20 questions with god (DM) until we get solid answers.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-19, 06:49 PM
Azoth, while we wait for Gunrar to update, I have to ask: What was that first check you made? That wasn't some type of opposed roll, was it?

Speaking of opposed rolls, I say you should roll a Bluff Check opposed by her Sense Motive to see if she can correctly identify the red on your face for what it is, rather than "I need some water".

Azoth
2013-05-20, 06:09 AM
No that was a copy/paste error from using my phone to post.

My bluff is a -1 modifier...so safe to say Mopsus can't lie for ****e.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-20, 12:01 PM
No that was a copy/paste error from using my phone to post.

Ah, I see. 's why I try to use my laptop... even if it -does- have Windows 8.

For a second, I thought that was a Will Save or some kind, potentially failed. I only suspected it because I saw someone play in such a way before in another game.

My bluff is a -1 modifier...so safe to say Mopsus can't lie for ****e.

.... I forgot that's a skill that Althia's strangely good at, despite not being the type to bluff... then again, dealing with kids might necesitate a white lie or two...

4 in Sense Motive, though. And that's with 5 ranks...

Lexin
2013-05-20, 12:08 PM
+24 Bluff
-5 Sense Motive

INoKnowNames
2013-05-20, 12:10 PM
+24 Bluff
-5 Sense Motive

Dang, it's like everything I am, you are but -MOAR- Extreme. :smalleek:

gunnar11
2013-05-20, 05:38 PM
Dang, it's like everything I am, you are but -MOAR- Extreme. :smalleek:

Sometimes that's the problem with Tristalt.

Anyway: I'll be updating wednesday or thursday

INoKnowNames
2013-05-20, 07:22 PM
Sometimes that's the problem with Tristalt.

Anyway: I'll be updating wednesday or thursday

I think it's less a Tristalt problem and more a Lexin problem: his extremeness, anyway.

Lexin
2013-05-21, 12:59 AM
I think it's less a Tristalt problem and more a Lexin problem: his extremeness, anyway.

I will take that as a compliment.

gunnar11
2013-05-21, 08:42 AM
How does one even acquire +24 bluff?

Lexin
2013-05-21, 09:10 AM
... I love these questions... even more, so long after character creation...

Let's see though...

+6 Charisma +9 ranks +6 Beguiling Influence invocation +1 Draconic Aura (presence) +2 ... masterwork tool... i think...

INoKnowNames
2013-05-21, 10:47 AM
I will take that as a compliment.\

It was meant to be one. You're crazy awesome, and not expecting the extreme from you is a dangerous mistake. :smallwink:

How does one even acquire +24 bluff?

Scared that Alyssa could convince people of the weirdest things?

.... actually, given her imagination, I -am- kinda scared of that. :smalleek:

... I love these questions... even more, so long after character creation...

... was that Sarcasm? Did I just detect sarcasm?

... +6 Charisma +9 ranks +6 Beguiling Influence invocation +1 Draconic Aura (presence) +2 ... masterwork tool... i think...

Probably give or take the same for your +28 Diplomacy and Intimidate, I assume.

Lexin
2013-05-21, 10:56 AM
It was meant to be one. You're crazy awesome, and not expecting the extreme from you is a dangerous mistake. :smallwink:
:smallbiggrin:

... was that Sarcasm? Did I just detect sarcasm?
No. Where?

Probably give or take the same for your +28 Diplomacy and Intimidate, I assume.

Yeah, these get the same bonuses, but also get synergy from bluff.
... it is 2 to low though...

Maybe I included everywhere the "+2 bonus to Charisma checks and charisma-based skill checks against those who are sexually attracted to your race and gender" from Succubus Heritor feat...

INoKnowNames
2013-05-21, 11:21 AM
No. Where?

The one part that I quoted! Heck, even this part gets some kind of sarcastic... did you break my brain? I think you did.

Yeah, these get the same bonuses, but also get synergy from bluff.
... it is 2 to low though...

Maybe I included everywhere the "+2 bonus to Charisma checks and charisma-based skill checks against those who are sexually attracted to your race and gender" from Succubus Heritor feat...

I suppose that would do it. This is why I tried to write out how I'm getting each part of my skills now. Every part of Althia's +31 (+33 when in formal attire) to Diplomacy, for example, is given clearly.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-28, 09:46 PM
Heh... this is gonna be odd, but I just realized: I can't actually find the Succubus Heritor feat...

I think I'll wait until tomorrow to see about the results of the Knowledge Checks before I post... I've been trying to figure out what types of enemies appear as beached whales, but nothing comes to mind so far...

Lexin
2013-05-29, 11:34 AM
Nothing weird here... the time when this build was made some homebrew was accepted, this feat is one of these...

(If DM says I should change it I will... although I don't think it is that powerful...)

gunnar11
2013-05-30, 11:06 AM
Nah, it's alright.

I accept all homebrew, but come up with challenges and monsters that break the homebrew. So there :smalltongue:

You can warp through time?
I'll make a time-distortion-monster.

Lexin
2013-05-31, 07:15 AM
Nah, it's alright.

I accept all homebrew, but come up with challenges and monsters that break the homebrew. So there :smalltongue:

So ...

Succubus Heritor [Abyssal Heritor]
Prerequisite: Cha 15
Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus to Charisma checks and charisma-based skill checks against those who are sexually attracted to your race and gender, +1 for every Abyssal Heritor feat that you possess.

... we will encounter undead, constructs or heterosexual female villains?

INoKnowNames
2013-06-01, 04:32 PM
Nothing weird here... the time when this build was made some homebrew was accepted, this feat is one of these...

(If DM says I should change it I will... although I don't think it is that powerful...)

Ah. Found it when I considered looking through homebrew. I guess it's certainly not the worst homebrew I've ever seen.... and no, even factoring homebrew, it's not that strong.

Nah, it's alright.

Hm.... for the first time ever, I'm actually tempted to consider making a homebrew class. How would you respond to a prestige class that lets the user use their own life force to heal others, by means of burning their own hit points to cast healing spells, burning more to remove certain negative effects in the process?

Also, do not give him ideas. He does not need to make himself any more awesome than he already is. No time warping.

So ...

... we will encounter undead, constructs or heterosexual female villains?

Well, to be fair, as is, you are a derpy, poisonious, half dragon creature (when I think about it, I still say you should have been a Kobold Sorcerer / Dragonfire Adept / Dragon Shaman, but that's just dragin it out too much), so not every thing that likes girls is automatically attracted to you. Says the one playing a 27 Cha - 12 Dex - 16 Con Human Female...

And while, yes, you've got the magic to fix that, you've also got the magic to change your form, too, which means you could potentially still seduce undead, constructs, and straight females, too, depending on your luck.

Random Edit before I sleep: I assume no one will bat an eye if I change a bit of Althia's fluff? Just her appearance. Found a bit of inspiration for her look.

gunnar11
2013-06-07, 08:49 AM
IF you can come up with a decent homebrew PrC, then go right ahead.

Change the fluff if you want.

About the knowledge checks:
You know this city. It is of a civilization before yours, before anything of your species existed. It shouldn't even exist anymore, yet here it is.

(that's all I can give)

Also: The WHOLE city feels.... magical...

INoKnowNames
2013-06-07, 11:53 PM
IF you can come up with a decent homebrew PrC, then go right ahead.

Change the fluff if you want.

About the knowledge checks:
You know this city. It is of a civilization before yours, before anything of your species existed. It shouldn't even exist anymore, yet here it is.

(that's all I can give)

Also: The WHOLE city feels.... magical...

In order: I think I -might- stay with Radiant Servant, otherwise I'll try to come up with something somewhat balanced; maybe start doing some research on what levels various "statuses" start to occur, as to find a baseline for how much restoring them should cost.

A friend introduced me to a new game series. I've been mostly watching her play, but I occasionally get to try, and I've been looking up the characters, too. One of them has a wonderful story, and in terms of look and personality, I figured that she was close enough to Althia that I'd use the character's look for Althia's.

Before:

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/Kurumi309/Anime%20Girls/WhiteMage.jpg

After:

http://www.theanimegallery.com/data/thumbs/790px/0056/tAG_56310.jpg

Thanks for the information about the city. I'm sorry I hadn't posted yet; I'll be honest in being slightly worrysome when you didn't come back for a bit. Though I of all people have no right to do so.

Speaking of which, I had 2 things to say: First, I'll be out of town from the 23rd until the 30th/1st. I may or may not still have internet access then. So that's a thing.

Secondly; do you guys remember Vixsor Lumin? I'm sure you do. If no one objects, I think he might be interested in being able to play, and might want to come back.

So, hope everyone else is still alive....

gunnar11
2013-06-08, 10:23 AM
I have to say I like first Althia the best, but sure, change her appearance.

Second: I'm okay with Vixsor joining again, if he sends me a pm or something.

Lexin
2013-06-08, 10:39 AM
Yeah. Let Vixsor join. We can find his character in a treasure chest. It is the best way to join to the party!

As for appearance... the first one looks adult... the other has undefined hair color and is... high school age?

INoKnowNames
2013-06-08, 01:00 PM
I have to say I like first Althia the best, but sure, change her appearance.

Maybe it's just because my friend has been Black-Holing my Spare Conscious Time worse than 30 Tabs on TvTropes, but I've become a -massive- fan of the series where the new picture originates, and that's probably why I like it a bit better.

Seriously, I've never been so proud to be a fan of 50+ little girls in various outfits and jobs firing thousands of energy blasts at each other while still managing to -semi- make sense of what the hell is going on. It's like (Powerpuff Girls x Dragon Ball Z)^(FLCL + Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann).

That, and her theme song is one of my -favorites-. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhlXhaS3OkU)

Second: I'm okay with Vixsor joining again, if he sends me a pm or something.

I messaged him reminding him of this. He should get back to you soon.

Yeah. Let Vixsor join. We can find his character in a treasure chest. It is the best way to join to the party!

Psh. The best way to join the party is saving someone else mid combat.

As for appearance... the first one looks adult... the other has undefined hair color and is... high school age?

I've gotten a few notes about the first pic about her hair color being somewhat indiscernable (is it white? Pink? Silver? Purple?), so I'm not too bothered by that. Heck, the odd coloration can be seen as a mark of her newly inherent divinity. +1 Cookie to whoever first finds the Trope I'm referencing.

And the youthful appearance is actually what is meant for Althia: despite her experiences and occupation, and the high esteem she is held in Pelor's clergy and in Abrinith (as well as in those whose lives she has personally saved through her magic), she -is- just 17 -this- year. Even someone so young and inexperienced in matters of the world is still capable of dedicating herself passionately to her beliefs, goals, and dreams; something that one might hope others would take to heart.

Azoth
2013-06-09, 12:32 AM
I say let Vix in. He is terrible fun to RP with.

INoKnowNames
2013-06-11, 04:41 PM
I say let Vix in. He is terrible fun to RP with.

He is, isn't he? Just fun person in general. Then again, most of you are pretty good to play with.

It seems like most of us are already in another game with another one of us, now that I think about it...

Edit: I also get the feeling that -someone- is about to walk head-long into a trap...

INoKnowNames
2013-06-18, 06:21 PM
Poke pa Poke Poke Poke.

gunnar11
2013-06-18, 07:08 PM
Well, I'm actually waiting on 2 more of you to post, and for Vixor to send me his new character.

I want to integrate that character on my next update.

INoKnowNames
2013-06-19, 09:00 AM
Well, I'm actually waiting on 2 more of you to post, and for Vixor to send me his new character.

I want to integrate that character on my next update.

Brief Warning; I'm not sure if Vixsor will be able to respond, let alone send you his character until next week (same week I'm out of town, potentially without internet). I'm unfortunately confident that he's a bit busy at the moment.

INoKnowNames
2013-06-22, 07:57 PM
So, no update at all until Vixsor gets online, or are you still unyielding on every single person responding to recent events?

Edit (since not triple posting to get in trouble during the one chance at internet I've got): I assume that we're indeed not getting an update for now, then, since no response from anyone while I've been gone?

INoKnowNames
2013-06-27, 10:20 PM
I suppose I will triple post and risk the consequences, just to make sure the rest of you guys see this post.

Azoth, Qwerty, Lexin, you guys are still keyed to this thread, right? Just want to make sure, while we wait for Gunrar.

I'm actually going to try to help Vixsor make his character, since he's been getting lots of crap thrown at him in real life. Hopefully I can help him finish with that soon.

Lexin
2013-06-28, 04:04 AM
I suppose I will triple post and risk the consequences, just to make sure the rest of you guys see this post.

Azoth, Qwerty, Lexin, you guys are still keyed to this thread, right? Just want to make sure, while we wait for Gunrar.

I'm actually going to try to help Vixsor make his character, since he's been getting lots of crap thrown at him in real life. Hopefully I can help him finish with that soon.

[roll0] damage!

Nope, not keyed to this thread at all.

qwertyu63
2013-06-28, 08:00 AM

I'm still watching, like a silent guardian in the night.

INoKnowNames
2013-06-28, 09:27 AM
I'm still watching, like a silent guardian in the night.

So, you're Batman now?

[roll0] damage!

That better not break my leg again; just finally finished healing!

Nope, not keyed to this thread at all.

Dang. 1 Confirmed, 1 Denied. I hope Azoth still is...

qwertyu63
2013-06-28, 11:36 AM
So, you're Batman now?

That better not break my leg again; just finally finished healing!

Dang. 1 Confirmed, 1 Denied. I hope Azoth still is...

...check who your post says the third quote was...

INoKnowNames
2013-06-28, 12:10 PM
...check who your post says the third quote was...

You quoted the entire response both times; don't nit-pick, Mr. Wayne.

INoKnowNames
2013-07-16, 06:07 PM
Welp, 36 Days IC, and no sign of return... hope Gunrar didn't get almost-killed (or worse) like I did...

I tried messaging Azoth a while back, and I didn't get a response... anyone know if he's still interested?

INoKnowNames
2013-07-22, 06:17 AM
Breaking News! Gunnar has a bit of an update for us:

My life's been a mess, filled with drama, and other weirdness. Rift now I'm going on holidays, somt well-earned vacacion. I swear to pick up the game from the second week of august onwards, but until then it will be quiet. Will you post this in the ooc-thread?