PDA

View Full Version : What to do after lv 7(ubercharger)

Origomar
2012-09-27, 02:31 PM
As of right now i have

goliath- I bought away the LA already w/ unearthed arcana system if it makes any difference.

barbarian 1/fighter 2(dungeoncrasher variant)

My stats are(after changes due to race)

22 str
14 dex
18 con
14 int
10 wis
10 cha

Current feats are- Power attack, imp bull rush, and knockback

Basically what im planning to do is

Lv 5 Get Leap Attack
Lv 6 Get Shock Trooper
Lv 7 Get the dungeoncrasher bonus's

And after that im sorta clueless.

Malkav
2012-09-27, 02:35 PM
Lion Totem Variant?

Origomar
2012-09-27, 02:37 PM
Lion Totem Variant?

The one thats on the SRD? No i just took regular barbarian.

Also it doesn't have to be super optimized, its a pretty relaxed campaign, my character is by far the strongest character and atm hes 2 levels lower than the other party members. I just literally don't know what class to take after this, i don't really feel like its necessary to take any more fighter levels after 6 levels of it, and im not quite sure about barbarian either.

in retrospect that would have been a good idea lol.

Lord Il Palazzo
2012-09-27, 02:44 PM
I think he meant the Spirit Lion totem variant from Complete Champion which grants you the Pounce ability at first level, letting you make a full attack at the end of a charge. Finding a way to full attack after a charge is kind of mandatory for charge-based characters at higher levels.

I've no suggestions of my own, just that clarification.

Origomar
2012-09-27, 02:50 PM
I think he meant the Spirit Lion totem variant from Complete Champion which grants you the Pounce ability at first level, letting you make a full attack at the end of a charge. Finding a way to full attack after a charge is kind of mandatory for charge-based characters at higher levels.

I've no suggestions of my own, just that clarification.

Well that would have been an even better idea...

Telonius
2012-09-27, 03:07 PM
Improved Sunder->Combat Brute will help you on the few times that you don't one-shot him.

Pushback (Mini handbook) can be interesting to combine with Knockback. Use Pushback first (possibly generating a Dungeon Crash, possibly setting him up closer to a wall) then use Knockback on the second attack for optimum damage.

kitcik
2012-09-27, 03:16 PM
For totally non-optimized, the Awesome Blow feat is cool just for shouting out "AWESOME BLOW!!"

Lord Il Palazzo
2012-09-27, 03:48 PM
Well that would have been an even better idea...Even without the Spirit Lion Totem, there are a few ways to fit in a full attack with movement or a charge (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103358;bcsi-ac-2160f1cfec5c399f=1EA310DA00000102sadEvHCaUe5eGkf6r fQN59PUGYwuOgAAAgEAAMeE2gCEAwAABAAAAIhsYgA=).

I'll second Awesome blow if you can qualify. (Goliath should cover the large size, picking up some Gauntlets of Ogre Might +2 and spending your level 4 ability point on STR should do the rest.) Smashing people around the battlefield (or off cliffs, into traps, etc.) could be fun and should give you something to do when you can't charge. (Plus you can't argue with that name. "AWESOME BLOW!!!")

Lostbutseeking
2012-09-27, 03:56 PM
Valorous weapon enchantment is always excellent for charging builds.

Alienist
2012-09-27, 03:58 PM
Fighters are often criticised for their inability to:
(a) see invisible
(b) fly
(c) make ranged attacks

Out of the box there's a class that does all three (well, you have to wait to level 6 for flight).

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I present the humble Warlock.

Take See the Unseen. Boom. Now you can see invisible.
Eldritch Blast. Boom. Now you can do ranged attacks.
Fell Flight. Boom. Now you can fly all day long.

Some other suggestions:
pick up at-will dispelling, and eldritch glaive.

Now you can mess with the wizard (as in prank him by dispelling his stuff), and you'll never be without a weapon.

I'm not sure, but I assume that Eldritch Glaive can be tacked on to your charging, for extra d6s of glorious charge damage? At level 11 (of the Warlock class) that's an extra 6d6.

But wait, there's more! Along the way you'll pick up some freebies like detect magic at will, fast healing, the ability to take 10 on UMD checks, and a bit of DR.

Frankly, at that point (where you can fly and still one shot enemies when charging) I'd be tempted to drop one point into disguise, and start referring to yourself as the man of steel...

Lord Il Palazzo
2012-09-27, 04:05 PM
Frankly, at that point (where you can fly and still one shot enemies when charging) I'd be tempted to drop one point into disguise, and start referring to yourself as the man of steel...
But only one. You wouldn't want your disguise to be too convincing...

Person_Man
2012-09-27, 04:14 PM
I would suggest finding a way into Warmind (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/prestigeClasses/warMind.htm) or Warhulk (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20030914a) if possible.