PDA

View Full Version : 20: A Good Round Number

Marthinwurer
2012-09-27, 04:48 PM
Battlemap Here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkGjGnRAz_bDdGpLejd1aTJudnQ0VkJwOVFlemlfN Wc)

It was a dark and stormy night. As such, it was the perfect time to slip into the old tavern. You settle down at a nearby table, and order a drink, surveying the common room. It is a large, open space, with the bar along one side, patrons drinking and laughing around the tables. A man sits in the corner, shrouded in a black cloak. He is leaning back in his chair, sipping from a mug, surveying the room. Your drink arrives with the pretty barmaid, which takes your attention away from the cloaked figure. Before your gaze can return to him, an empty mug flies past you. A bar fight has begun, and the whole place turns into a battlefield.

Post your color, your drink, and your position, then roll for initiative!

edit:

Just putting links to sheets for quick reference.
Kral (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=449734)
Murak (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=41953)
Gumbo (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=382807)
Yroh (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=440732)
Arys (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=448760)

gallagher
2012-09-27, 06:09 PM
H4, I speak in Dark Slate Blue, I am drinking the cheapest thing that will get him drunk, and initiative: [roll0]

jojolagger
2012-09-27, 06:10 PM
Somewhat pleased with the interruption, despite the poor timing, Kral quickly drains his pitcher of Dwarven Ale and prepares to knock some heads.
"Kral not kill? ... Okay, Kral only knock out."

Init: [roll0]
I'm assuming people aren't drawing weapons. Because then I'd have to seriously hurt them.
Location is E6. Because I'm meta.

Komodo
2012-09-27, 06:50 PM
"Well," Yroh mumbles to himself, "and here I thought I wouldn't get any exercise tonight because of the storm." Setting down his mead, he cracks his knuckles, then his neck, and readies himself for a brawl before bed.

Initiative: [roll0]
I will be starting at K6
My Speech color is Dark Orange.

Marthinwurer
2012-09-27, 08:11 PM
H4 is currently occupied by a bar patron. Please pick another spot.
As for posting and combat, one of my previous DMs had a great idea:

Post your actions. Don't wait for your turn to come up, if someone acts to botch up your actions severely we can deal with that later. This will ensure combat stays at 1 round per day which is tolerable. Let's keep conversation to a minimum during combat... one sentence or phrase per round, max.

DrK
2012-09-28, 01:22 AM
"Bring on the pain. I love a good brawl!" The cavemen mutters as his glowing purple worm belt and wolverie rage claws both glow with essentia. Downing the last of his ale he looks for someone to club with his mug...

Iniative [roll0]

Character sheet
(http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=41953)

starting in D4 leaning against the bar

gallagher
2012-09-28, 09:24 AM
I dunno if people are drawing weapons, so I will start us off by doing just that.

I am standing under a table for some form of cover, and holding out my longspear, delaying until someone gets near me that seems like they would like to do some damage to everyone's favorite Whisper Gnome. Once that happens:

[roll0] for [roll]1d6+1[roll] damage

gallagher
2012-09-28, 09:25 AM
Woops, forgot to end my damage roll tag, but hopefully I caught someone flat footed or something.
[roll0]

Athaleon
2012-09-28, 04:00 PM
Oh, great. Who're these clowns? wondered Arys, as crockery and fists started flying. He decided to watch what was going on, try not to get noticed, and hopefully no one would come after him. If they did, he'd make sure they regretted it.

Here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=448760)'s his sheet, sorry it took so long.

Initiative: [roll0]
If we are drawing weapons, Arys will draw two of his daggers under the table.
Arys will start at K10
His drink was a small glass of the local specialty.

jojolagger
2012-09-28, 06:14 PM
Kral energetically begins punching people who seem intent on fighting. He seems to rather specifically avoid fighting where it could get a barmaid or bartender involved.
Init is 14.
Punch: Attack [roll0] for [roll1] Damage
AoO from someone without IUS punching: Attack [roll2] for [roll3] Damage
I deal non-lethal damage if they are keeping it friendly, lethal if they are attempting to use lethal weapons.
Also, to the other players. Mainly those drawing weapons. No. That is a terrible idea. Escalating the conflict makes us the bad guys, and makes it fine for the other bar patrons to stab you. Heck, in my first post, I mentioned I'd have to seriously hurt anyone drawing a weapon.

Marthinwurer
2012-09-28, 07:06 PM
I'll wait for everyone to post their actions. And I second the lack of real weapons - this fight is meant as a reason to group up.

Athaleon
2012-09-28, 07:36 PM
Arys decides against drawing his weapons, if someone saw them it could escalate the brawl into something deadly.

I think I can take those actions back, considering I got a natural 1 on Init.

gallagher
2012-09-28, 07:44 PM
In that case, my roll was to kick someone in the shin

DrK
2012-09-29, 01:13 AM
Murrak stands agains the bar swiping a second mug of ale in all the commotion before swinging his mug against anyoe who comes too close...

Attack [roll0] damage [roll1]

Komodo
2012-09-29, 03:32 AM
Yroh gets up and adopts a fighting stance, ready for whoever might come his way.

I made a mistake on my first roll: my initiative bonus is +1, not +2, so my initiative should be 8. Sorry about that.
Readying a Flurry of Blows attack against the first patron to attack me
Using nonleathal damage.
Attack rolls:
1: [roll0]
2: [roll1]
Damage rolls:
1: [roll2]
2: [roll3]

Marthinwurer
2012-09-30, 06:25 PM
Gumbo hides under the nearest table once the fists start to fly. When there, he joins in the fight by kicking the leg of the patron sitting there: Yroh. Luckily for the latter, it is a clumsy kick and doesn't even connect. Yroh, unaware of these happenings, stands and turns towards the center, waiting for the action to come his way.
Kral turns on the man who threw the first mug. With a single swift punch, he knocks the man senseless.
Murrak grabs the mug and spins, swinging his empty one at the nearest patron while taking a swig. Naturally, because of this distraction, he misses and breaks the mug's handle off on the bar.
By now, most of the patrons are in on the fight. The barmaid runs out the back screaming, and both bartenders duck behind their bars. A friend of the instigator takes a swing at Kral, and then gets KO'ed before his punch even connects. The two tables of gamblers on the north side erupt into a large cloud of flying fists.
One falls in the opening salvo, and the others charge on over him, exchanging heavy blows. A lone man runs out the tavern doors, while two brothers, regulars at the tavern, attempt to gang up on the foreigner Yroh. This does not work well, as the eldest gets punched out with a quick double tap. Seeing this, another nearby regular, about to join in on the fun, instead runs out the door. the youngest brother slowly steps forward, hesitating. Murak's neighbor at the bar returns his favor, throwing his empty mug in Murak's face. However, it bounces off, much to the thrower's surprise. one of the men at the southern bar jumps over, hiding on the other side with the bartender. A lone man in the southern half continues to drink calmly, seemingly unaware of the chaos surrounding him. The instigator's two other friends slowly come around the table, hoping to flank the biggest threat (to them) in the room. Another man jumps over the bar, following the other's lead.
Arys sits in the corner, watching the fight continue, and wondering if he should join in.
Throughout the fight, the Mysterious Stranger simply gazes upon the fight, inscrutable.

Sorry for not posting this last night. I didn't think that my college visit would take the whole day.

jojolagger
2012-09-30, 07:37 PM
Kral continues to bludgeon the crowd that seems to be attempting to form around him.
AoO [roll2] damage [roll3]

Athaleon
2012-09-30, 10:42 PM
Hoo boy, this was starting to get chaotic. Arys gathers up his pack and attempts to slip out the door next to him.

Komodo
2012-10-01, 12:11 AM
Unaware of the gnome kicking at his legs, Yroh turns his attentions to the younger brother, who appears to be having second thoughts. "Come now, boy, you are not quitting, are you?" Yroh says, lightly taunting. Remaining at the ready, he tilts his fingers, gesturing the brother to come closer.

Performing Flurry of Blows again. Aiming for the brother in J7. Not sure if I'm in range (I can never figure out how diagonals are supposed to work on a square grid) but if I'm not, consider this another Ready Action against attackers.

Attack rolls:
1: [roll0]
2: [roll1]
Damage rolls:
1: [roll2]
2: [roll3]

Marthinwurer
2012-10-02, 06:48 PM
If you didn't post, I assume that you are doing the same as last round. Also, in the future, please post, even if you will do nothing. I intend to update daily, unless RL circumstances prevent me from doing so.

Gumbo, peeking out from under the table, sees the power of Yroh's blows, and feels glad that he was not the one to feel them.
Kral lashes out at the man on his left, felling him with a single blow, like he did with the others. He waits for the other man to come at him, his fists ready.
Murak returns the thrown mug with one of his own. The man goes cross-eyed and slumps to the ground after the now-empty mug ricochets off his head. (rolled a 21, then a 6 for damage)
The gamblers to the north continue to fight, and another drops to a lucky punch. Kral's other opponent, enraged by the loss of his friend, swings wildly at Kral, foiling his counterattack in his wild attack. Yroh's taunting causes the younger brother to commit to the fight, and he receives a swift punch for his decision.
As Arys moves to leave, his pack falls from his hands, tripping a man who just ran through the door. The Mysterious Stranger starts as the man charges in.

Athaleon
2012-10-02, 06:58 PM
Damn. Looks like he's in the thick of it now. Arys attempts to retrieve his pack and gets ready to defend himself if the man he tripped comes after him.

jojolagger
2012-10-02, 07:35 PM
Kral throws another punch at the remaining Patron fighting near him, and then moves to H4 if the punch drops him.
attack [roll0] damage [roll1]
AoO [roll2] damage [roll3]

DrK
2012-10-03, 12:46 AM
With a roar of triumph Murak downs the beer from nearby mug before slaing the now empty cup on the next nearest person's head!

Marthinwurer
2012-10-06, 05:35 AM
Will post tonight.

Komodo
2012-10-06, 06:17 AM
Ignoring, or possibly still unaware of, the gnome, Yroh works his way over his previous sparring partners lying at his feet to join in the night's sport at the north end of the room.

Moving to H5 and attacking the patron in G4.
Unarmed strike, nonlethal damage, of course.
Attack Roll:[roll0]
Damage Roll:[roll1]

Komodo
2012-10-06, 06:23 AM
Critical hit!!! I know this guy's probably down, but I'm going to make a critical reroll anyway, because why not.
Critical Reroll:[roll0]
Damage Roll:[roll1]

gallagher
2012-10-06, 01:00 PM
I am popping out from under the table and running to behind the bar. Kral gets an AoO

jojolagger
2012-10-06, 04:57 PM
I am popping out from under the table and running to behind the bar. Kral gets an AoO

Kral wouldn't punch someone fleeing the brawl, unless they had started or gotten involved already.

Marthinwurer
2012-10-06, 09:16 PM
I will post tomorrow morning.

Marthinwurer
2012-10-07, 12:32 PM
Gumbo pops out from underneath the table, running after the barmaid. He comes dangerously close to Kral in his flight.
Kral ignores the little gnome and punches out at his flailing opponent. The man's unpredictable movements once again foil his attack.
Murak moves to the Northern brawlers, and knocks one out from behind.
Kral's opponent takes the time to make a more accurate swing. Kral uses the time to land a swing on his jaw, knocking him out. The three remaining gamblers stop their fighting, turning towards the charging Yroh and the nearer Kral.
Yroh lands a hard punch on one of the men as he attemps to jump back behind the tables. The man somersaults in mid air and lands at the feet of one of his comrades.
As Arys attempts to gather his pack, the man, who he now sees is a noble, kicks him back as he gets to his feet (3 nonlethal damage). He then turns toward the Mysterious Stranger as men dressed in his colors and armed with swords enter behind him.
The mysterious stranger gathers his things nervously, and stands up.
Now the real baddies are here. Everyone gains 240 XP

jojolagger
2012-10-07, 01:57 PM
Alright, fight over. Bellow's Kral, with with small bursts of fire and lightening appearing to exit his mouth. Unless someone fool enough continues.

The newcomers haven't taken any hostile actions yet, so Kral won't. Yet. If they try something, Kral runs over to them and shouts fire onto one.
[roll0] Damage Ref save 16 for half
[roll1] rounds until breath is available again

gallagher
2012-10-07, 02:05 PM
Uh I was using all of my actions to move, I should be behind the bar, and at the sight of guards i take cover behind it and prepare my shortbow. If I go after them, and they seem aggressive, I shoot the nearest one.

in case i am shooting [roll0] for [roll1] damage, plus the potential [roll2] sneak attack

Marthinwurer
2012-10-07, 02:17 PM
Sorry about that. You can change the spreadsheet yourself, it is editable by all.

Komodo
2012-10-07, 03:10 PM
Seeing most of the other brawlers pausing to look at the fancy new incomers, Yroh follows suit. Guessing as to which drink might have belonged to one of the patrons now decorating the ground, he picks one up and casually sips at it (if they haven't all been knocked over), while keeping an eye on the men with swords.

...Oh, why not. Ready action preparing another flurry of blows if they attack me, or anyone else this round while close enough. (Nonlethal!)
Attack Roll 1: [roll0]
Damage Roll 1: [roll1]
Attack Roll 2: [roll2]
Damage Roll 2: [roll3]

DrK
2012-10-07, 03:11 PM
Murrak eyes up the new-comers from the corner of the bar. "We want no trouble here. Just a bar brawl no more no less. No-one hurt here."

Even as he says that the purple scales of the wormtail spread around his waist thickening and hardening as his soul stuff flows into it.

Move essentia into the wormtail belt.
Still not sure what level 1 feat I should have taken.

Marthinwurer
2012-10-08, 11:21 AM
The noble glances around and grins as he sees the remains of the bar fight. He then turns to the Mysterious Stranger, who is fidgeting and attempting to shift to the side, towards the back door. "Well, wizard. I believe that the king would be quite happy to find that the abductor of his daughter was slain when a common bar brawl became more deadly." He glances around the bar again, looking at the others. "It's a pity that there were no witnesses to his death." His guards move forward as the draw their swords.
Gumbo pops up over the counter, unleashing an arrow at the unsuspecting guards. The shaft catches a guard by surprise, and he staggers as it connects.
Kral charges forward, right into the middle of the guards, and belches fire and lightning over them. However, this ends up being more of a hiccup of fire, barely scorching one.
Murak stands ready to defend against any who try to attack him.
The guards and the noble make woefully poor attacks at Kral, not expecting both the charge and the flaming breath. They then attempt to flank around him, as more guards pour through the door. More appear to be gathering outside as well.
Yroh starts forwards, charging the noble, delivering a single, powerful punch. The noble stumbles backward from the punch, reeling.
The mysterious stranger steps forward and casts magic missile at the noble, dropping him.
Arys and Murak, I counted your actions as delays - if you post an action, you can act first next turn.

jojolagger
2012-10-08, 11:45 AM
Kral will 5ft step back to I8 and break the noble's spine.
auto hit and crit, [roll0] Damage, DC 23 fort save or die.
2 turns until breath
I provoke an AoO from 1 guard, but him hitting won't save the noble

DrK
2012-10-08, 01:51 PM
At the sight of the violent and armed guards Murak pulls out his gnarled and broken skull topped club preparing to beat the first enemy to pulp that he enoucnters.

damn not having the +1 BAB to allow moving while drawinga weapon

Move action: Draw club
Standard ready to hit:- [roll0] damage [roll1]

Athaleon
2012-10-08, 10:24 PM
Rat bastard. Nobility's the same the world over. Arys broods as he backs away from being kicked. Once the bar explodes back into action, he wastes no time in ripping his rapier from its scabbard and attacking the nearest of the guards.

Move action to draw weapon, Standard Action to attack.

Using Cunning Insight on the attack roll.

Attack:[roll0]

If the attack hits, he will use Cunning Insight again on the damage roll.
Damage: [roll1]

Inspiration: 4/5

Komodo
2012-10-09, 06:36 AM
"I don't suppose any of you gentlemen would care to avoid getting blood all over the inn?" Yroh asks as he attempts to diffuse the tense situation with his fists.

Aiming for the Noble, but if Krall kills him Yroh will step up and hit the guard at J9, unless he surrenders, of course. Lawful.
Attack Roll [roll0]
Damage Roll [roll1]
Still using nonlethal, because if a crime's being committed, then the criminals should be judged lawfully, not just cut down. If possible.

Marthinwurer
2012-10-09, 07:31 PM
Murak Draws his club and readies it to attack any one who comes near.
Amys gets up from where the noble kicked him, and stabs at one of the guards, to no effect.
Kral stomps down on the noble's neck, killing him instantly. One of the man's guards lunges out at Kral as he leaves an opening, and stabs him (8 damage).
At the sight of this the guards waver, until one from behind shouts, "He killed our lord! Vengence!" The one closest to Kral attacks again, but is easily blocked now that Kral is one more even footing. the rest of the guards pour through the door, including two with crossbows. one guard moves into the place where Kral was previously standing and attacks. His blow, however, is foiled by the nearby table. Two of his comrades move toward the patron to the south, and the man continues quietly sipping his drink until his head is removed by the first guard. Another moves towards Murak and the gamblers in the north. The one Arys attacked spins and stabs, catching him between the pieces of leather in his armor, as his sword sprouts from his back.
Yroh steps forward over the body of the noble and swings at the guard, who dodges the blow.
The Mysterious wizard steps forward again and shots another magic missile from his palm, striking the guard that Gumbo's arrow had hit and dropping him.

Gumbo, same as the last post. the others are back to their normal initiative positions.

jojolagger
2012-10-09, 07:38 PM
Kral will throw a quick punch at the guard and fall back, being careful to not let them surround him. "He start deadly fight. He died. Is fair."
[roll0]
[roll1] lethal damage
1 round until Kral can do the windy thing

Athaleon
2012-10-09, 10:16 PM
The one Arys attacked spins and stabs, catching him between the pieces of leather in his armor, as his sword sprouts from his back.

So, is Arys unconscious? Dead?

gallagher
2012-10-09, 11:14 PM
I am going to shoot again, then crouch low behind the bar as I use my move action to pull out my longspear.

[roll0] for [roll1] damage against the guy in E10. And if, for any reason, he is denied his dex, [roll2] sneak attack.

Komodo
2012-10-10, 12:17 AM
As the guards behead one patron and seriously wound another, Yroh grimaces. No more holding back.

Using lethally damaging attacks now.
Flurry of blows against the guard in front of me.

Marthinwurer
2012-10-10, 05:39 AM
He is at 0 HP, I believe, so everything that that entails.

Edit: oh yeah, he had the 3 nonlethal, so he is unconscious.

DrK
2012-10-10, 07:22 AM
As blood is shed and violence abounds Murak roars slightly releasing the inner beast slightly as he pounces forward onto the nearest guard bringing the club round hard...

Move to G6
Attack the guard in G7 [roll0] damage [roll1]

Marthinwurer
2012-10-11, 05:45 AM
Sorry for the missed post last night. I was pretty busy yesterday, and I'll try to get a post up this afternoon

Marthinwurer
2012-10-11, 03:56 PM
And here it is! I also put links to all of your sheets in the OP. Also, DrK, your sheet host seems to be down.

The guard that decapitated the patron is surprised, but not out of the fight, when Gumbo's arrow hits him. Gumbo then ducks down behind the counter and draws his spear.
Kral punches at the nearest guard while backpedaling, which sets his aim off, causing him to miss.
Murak runs forward to attack the guard heading towards him, and is met with the shield of his enemy, which stymies his attack.
Kral's foe steps forward, swinging his sword. Kral neatly sidesteps his thrust. The two executioners to the south move towards where the arrows came from, holding their shields up in defense. Murak's adversary stabs out at the caveman who has suddenly attacked him, scoring a hit (5 damage). The crossbowmen shift, attempting to get a clear shot. They both find openings in the fray, and one of them shoots at the Wizard and gives him a gash along his side. The other's shot goes high over his head. After seeing this, the two gamblers flip a table and crowd behind it. Yroh's opponent delivers a chop to his side, which cuts into his arm (5 damage). The guard that stabbed Arys fills the gap in the line that opened when Kral's opponent advanced, and attempts an attack on Yroh.
Yroh's first blow is foiled by the gash in his arm. The second, however, is not, and his punch crushes the gasher's windpipe. He falls to the floor, attempting to gasp for air.
After he is hit, the wizard dives behind the table with the gamblers.

jojolagger
2012-10-11, 06:08 PM
Instead of throwing another punch, Kral let's loose a burst of lightning the The guard. If this drops the guard, Kral will step forward into I8 to form a defensive line with Yroh.
[roll0] damage, DC 16 reflex for 1/2 damage
[roll1] rounds until the windy thing

DrK
2012-10-12, 02:47 AM
I think DnD sheets may have gone down. Hopefully it'll come back otherwise I'll redo the sheet on mythweavers

Marthinwurer
2012-10-12, 05:43 AM
I will be AFK part of this weekend, so I will try to post this afternoon if enough people have posted.

Komodo
2012-10-12, 07:37 AM
My arm hurts bad, Yroh thinks, but I can still kick. Summoning his strength, he turns on the remaining guards.

Flurry of Blows. Aiming at the guard in I8. If my first attack finishes him, or he's already down, aim at I9.

gallagher
2012-10-12, 04:45 PM
I double move to get to Y, and i keep crouched to try and make it difficult for the crossbowmen to target me. I am also preparing to make a defensive wall.

Next turn I need to try and move into a flanking position

Marthinwurer
2012-10-15, 05:50 AM
I'll try to post tonight, but might not be able to.

Marthinwurer
2012-10-17, 03:01 PM
Sorry guys. I've been very busy, and I meant to post last night. I probably will be able to get a post together buy Friday night. Just letting you know I've not deserted you :smallwink:

Marthinwurer
2012-10-23, 05:42 PM
Once again, sorry for the delay. Another thing came up this Friday, and I didn't have time this weekend. But anyway, here's the post:

Gumbo scampers to join with the others fighting by the door. The guards inching towards the bar turn at the sight of the little gnome running by.
Once again, Kral belches flame. This time, it is more than a hiccup, and the guard falls to the ground, writhing in pain. Kral steps up, forming a defensive line with Yroh.
Murak continues to fight with the guard and lands an awesome blow which caes in the guard's helmet and cracks the man's skull. (24, crit confirmation 9, damage 9)
The crossbowmen, seeing this, and suddenly realizing that the angry caveman has nothing in between him and them, turn and run out the door. Once the two guards at the bar look elsewhere than the gnome which harassed them and realize that the bodies on the floor are their allies, they creep out the back. The remaining guard is too blinded by his fight to think about retreat. Seeing his companion fall, and the foe that caused his death advance, he decides that the dragonborn in front of him is a much greater threat than the wounded monk, and attacks accordingly. However, the stab is parried by Kral's shield.
Yroh sees the attack, and lashes out as the man is extended and off balance. However, the guard moves his shield to defend against his two swift kicks.

Komodo
2012-10-24, 04:33 AM
Yroh finishes his spar with the last guard as the battle wears down. One more Flurry of Blows, I suppose. However, the guard will almost definitely be dead by the time my turn comes. If he is, I'll pick up my drink an ask the mage if he wouldn't care to explain what just happened.

gallagher
2012-10-24, 11:13 AM
Can I spend my entire turn laughing at the guards running away? I feel like a full-round-action laugh has to be pretty demoralizing to the crossbowmen running away

jojolagger
2012-10-24, 12:27 PM
Kral Bashes the remaining guard, and then moves to J11 to pursue the crossbowman.

[roll0]
[roll1] lethal damage
3 round until Kral can do the windy thing
They weren't going to let us give up, so Kral won't let them give up.

DrK
2012-10-24, 01:06 PM
With a man down at his feet Murak quicjmkly begins to loot his body...