PDA

View Full Version : The Snow Owl's Song

The Walox
2012-09-27, 05:54 PM
Yorick’s stalwart features were just visible in the pale blue light of the moon. Shadows from the high evergreen branches danced across his Nordic face. “They are there sister.” His low gravelly voice rumbled; barely audible over the hush of wind in the trees.

His companion, his sister Rowyn, knew the score better than anyone. Several days ago a traveling band of “performers” trundled into the grand village of her father The Chieftain. After several days of cavorting to the delight of the court they fled in the night; taking many precious things from the noble household including the great armband of The Chieftain, the symbol of his majestic power.

It was an embarrassment, an outrage. If any of the neighboring chieftains caught wind of this his reputation would be ruined. So secretly his sent his daughter and his firstborn son out to track and deliver a swift and brutal justice.

Reflected off the snow of tundra beyond the forest, the moonbeams lit the scene for the hunters in the shadows. The camp of elves were all asleep, all twelve of them. Their campfire smoldered and the prone figures in their bedrolls lay venerable under the watchful moon; wine bottles and broken mead kegs dispersed where their drunken masters had thrown them.

But strangely, Yorick hadn’t seen it –not so strange he was thicker than a troll’s skull-, a thirteen elf watched wide awake; struggling against heavy bonds and a suffocating gag. A dark elf, he looked like one of their lot; interesting but hardly remarkable. Bandits the petty thieves that they where had simply turned on one of their number, nothing more.

IvoryAssassin
2012-10-07, 02:37 AM
"Do we kill them while they sleep or rouse them and let them know of their folly and give us a little more sport?" Rowyn asked this of her brother with bloodcraze clearly visible in her barbaric eyes. She was so angry at the betrayal and theft that the mere sight of these petty thieves sends her to a place where logic and reason can not reach her.
I say it this way to remind you that Rowyn is a barbarian and is currently in her 'rage' hehe more than simple bloodlust she is temporarily insane and the only cure is not more cowbell but BLOOD MWAHAHHAHA.

The Walox
2012-10-07, 12:37 PM
Yorick’s features contorted into a wicked grin. “Sleeping elves are easy prey; living elves are much more interesting.” The bound and gagged elf stopped struggling for a moment his ears perked; listening. He began to struggle harder, grunting and raising a racket. The other elves slept on in their drunken stupor; oblivious to the barbaric death that awaited them in the bushes.

“Yes,” Yorick breathed, “We wake them! Come my sister!” He leapt from the bushes with a blood curdling shriek as he drew his time worn battle axe. His screams and shouts pierced the cool night air and sent the elf camp into a frenzy of confused half conscious drunken activity.

I was hopeing you'd write something like that! Hehehe.

IvoryAssassin
2012-10-11, 02:50 AM
Rowyn jumps after her brother not a second behind all the while giving the blood curdling war cry peculiar to her people. Pulling her axe free she prepares to slice into the first elf brave enough to challenge her." Brother I fear this will be to easy they are slow with drink. No match for us." Rowyn called to her brother in what is probably the last coherent thought she would have until not a single elf is left alive.
I didn't just want to god mode here so basically I rolled a 17 to hit the first elf that steps in front of me. If that makes the dc let me know and I will roll for damage.

The Walox
2012-10-12, 12:58 AM
Despite Yorick's thundering battlecry the elves sleep on. Judging by the mass quantities of empty bottles they must have nearly drank themselves to death. Aggrivated at their inatimatcy Yorick rushes to the center of the camp and begins to kick the elves.

The figures stir sluggishly. Unnoticed by the frantic Yorick one elf pulls himself from the ground and turns to face the charging Rowyn. Her blade sinks deep into his chest.

The figure tilts his head confused as the blade plunges through his torso.

IvoryAssassin
2012-10-12, 02:00 AM
"AARRGH!"Rowyn screams in frustration as she pulls her axe from the mans torso. She is not satisfied with his death for there was no challenge. Her rage it would seem is not able to hold back a moment longer it doesn't care about challenge it wants blood. Rowyn runs to the elf closest her and starts brutally alternating between hacking and bashing her victim into a pulp. The less the elf fights back the angrier it makes Rowyn and the harder she swings till you cant even tell if the pile of blood and entrails was a person to begin with. Panting she turns to find her next victim for the rage is not yet satisfied.
If they are asleep hitting them is considered a ( I do not know how to spell it so try saying it phonetically and you should get the gist of it.) coo de graw and you don 't have to roll for it.

The Walox
2012-10-14, 01:06 AM
Within minutes the camp of elves lay slayn at the two nobles' feet. Justice had been deliverd in a manner so furious the Gods surely smiled. The silvery glowing moon lit the grizly scene as the wind wispered throught the trough the nearby trees. All the miscreants had perished; all but one.

In their fury Roywn and Yorick had overlooked the lone man tied to the stake in the middle of the camp. He was spared; for the moment. A quick search of the fallen drunkards turned up nothing of use but the bound elf was still alive perhaps he knew something. Anyway if he did not maybe his death would be more . . . challenging.

IvoryAssassin
2012-10-14, 04:07 AM
As quickly as it came her rage leaves her gasping for air fatigued. "Brother... I have not found it have you?" Rowyn croaked hoarse from all the screaming. Rowyn turns suddenly and shouts again for she heard a sound from behind her."Look what we have here brother. One more for us to play and look he struggles already. He should prove to be great fun to kill... Unless he knows something then maybe we let him go hmm?

The Walox
2012-10-19, 10:55 PM
Yorick snorted with glee as he stripped the gag from the elf's mouth. The dark elf spat and swallowed hard. "Evnin' Gov'." He was trying his best to remain nonchalant but the feeble effect was lost on Rowyn.

IvoryAssassin
2012-10-20, 08:33 PM
"Elf man say what?"Rowyn asked confused by his strange dialect. Then really not caring what he said she pushes her axe close to his throat and asks " What do you know of the things these cowards have stolen? I suggest you answer quickly and to the point or I will kill you. Understand?"

The Walox
2012-10-22, 12:15 AM
With the axe's blade perilously close to his neck the elf dared not swallow. "Now eh, les not get testy 'ere lady." He was breaking out in a cold sweat as he spoke, 'Lookit, these er corwerds as 'ou sed, I an neva' seen em in me life. Ere i wars mindin' me own busnis' an they owll jumpin out orf de woods an kniked me things. Now on me sister's grave I dun swaer it ta' be true as any day i ever did live."

IvoryAssassin
2012-10-22, 03:13 AM
"I didn't ask you who you are or how you came to be their prisoner. I asked where are the things they stole? " Rowyn said rather testily. "I warn you one last time tell me only what I want to know or lose your head." Having had to repeat herself is making Rowyn lose her patience what little she had to start with. In a whisper Rowyn says to her brother. "I don't trust dark elves if he doesn't give us the location of the armband we kill him. No more chances.

The Walox
2012-10-22, 11:35 PM
"Olright, olright," The elf sighed, "fine, these 'ere bums wot took yer things. They took 'em somewhere's you wont find 'em by yer self. You wont 'em back yer going ta' half to untie me right?" He added rather sollemly, "An' I promiss to be an me bes' be'avior."

Yorick snorted in disbelif and returned to his customary plundering of the fallen's bodies.

IvoryAssassin
2012-10-23, 02:18 AM
"I must discuss this with my brother."Rowyn said while motioning her brother to follow her a ways away from the still tied up elf."Like I said I don't trust a dark elf, but what if he is telling the truth and we can't find it with out him. I think we should make a deal with him so as to keep him honest. When we find their stash we take whats ours and let him have the rest... or just tell him that and kill him when we get there... sadly that would be killing an ally and you know what father says about allies. I said my piece whats your idea? A rather large speech for Rowyn but sometimes strange things happen like a barbarian trusting a dark elf instead of running him through.

The Walox
2012-10-24, 11:59 PM
Yorick stopped his rummageing and stood scratching his head. "Hmm, Dark Elves talk too much. If he was weak enough to be caught by his own he is no match for us." Steam rolled from his nostrills as he exhaled. "We let him live, for now. If he gives us trouble we kill him. Thats my piece it's your call sister."

The watched with baited breath, not dareing to breathe as the siblings dicussed his fate only feet away.

IvoryAssassin
2012-10-25, 05:59 PM
Rowyn turns and walks back to the elf. "Ok elf this is how it's gonna go. You show us where the stuff is hidden we take whats ours and you can have the rest. Any funny bussiness and we kill you. Understand?"
sorry its so short but im using my phone and i hate typing on it.

The Walox
2012-10-26, 12:02 AM
The efl responded with enthusiastic gusto, "Uv' course Ma'am, anything you say. Jus' cut me free an' I'll take you straight to it I will. No problem." Yorick had become bored of the short proceedings and had recovered an intact leg bone from one of the fallen elves. Without hesitation the largest of Rowyn's clan snapped the heavy bone into; without effort.

the elf swallowed hard, his throat dry. "You 'ave a deal Ma'am. I promis' no funni busines'."

IvoryAssassin
2012-10-31, 03:20 AM
"All right Yorick this trip has just gotten longer I don't know how long we will be out here but I think we had better find a village for more supplies and to send word back to father and let him know this journey has just gotten legs." Rowyn said to her brother and to the elf " Whats your name elf?" Then she cuts the cords binding the elf.

The Walox
2012-11-02, 12:20 AM
Yorick grunted in agreement,"There is a town two mile east."

Free of his bonds the elf massaged is raw wrists.
"You can call me Rodger M'aam. I am at your service."

IvoryAssassin
2012-11-03, 01:13 AM
"Alright at first light we set our towards the town. Right now we set up camp. See if you can find anything useable for a shelter or food I don't feel like hunting anymore. Rodger you come with me to find tinder." Rowyn quickly takes charge giving orders left and right but Yoricks used to being bossed around by his twin, she always says shes the brains and hes the brawn.

The Walox
2012-11-04, 12:50 AM
The elf obligingly nodded as Yorick stoicly set about clearing away the Mangled remains of the elf encampment. Rodger follwed in Roywn's footsteps not makeing a sound as they plunged into the forest searching for tinder.

IvoryAssassin
2012-11-05, 01:14 AM
I dont reallty know what to put here. we make camp set up guards sleep wake up then head out i guess.

The Walox
2012-11-10, 01:53 AM
After the Rowyn and the elf returned from their chore in the woods Yorick bound the elf to post in the middle of the campsite. The brother and sister took turns as lokout that night untile the morining came. After a simple meal of small game they set out with their captive for the nearest town.

Several uneventful hourrs later they came to the tiny arctic hamlet. A single street with a few peasents milling about the frigid air was echoed with the metalic ring of the smiths hammer as he tended his forge.

IvoryAssassin
2012-11-10, 06:41 AM
"Yorick this hamlet doesn't look big enough to boast a market..." Rowyn said to her brother while looking around." Maybe the smithy can help..." Rowyn hated people she never went with her people to city to sell their weapons that her clan was famous for. Even a place as small as this was making her edgy.

The Walox
2012-11-13, 02:23 AM
Axe slung over his brawny shoulder Yorick grunted in agreement. the Elf Rodger keeping his respectful silence as they approched the smith. The burly middle aged man that was the smith was hard at work on some farm impliment of some sort.

He submered the freshly formed tool in a nearby water trough before adressing his visitors. "Morning travelers, what brings you to our neck of the woods." He eyed the elf suspiscoulsy.

IvoryAssassin
2012-11-14, 05:02 PM
"We need supplies for a long journey and to get word back to our father of our whereabouts." Rowyn replied still on edge eyes roving over everything and everyone.