PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]What race was this?

HunterOfJello
2012-09-28, 01:50 AM
Hey guys. I read about a cool race on these forums a few days ago, but I forgot its name and I can't find information on it now. I think it had 2 racial hit die or so and a +1 level adjustment. It seemed like a lot to take for a character, but had benefits that more than made up for it. I think it was some type of reptilian creature, but I can't be sure. The main thing i remember about it was that it had racial HD and an LA, but was actually a very good choice for a character.

I know that it wasn't a Domovoi, although it was something like that.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Kelb_Panthera
2012-09-28, 01:56 AM
Maybe a non-psionic thri-kreen or a poison dusk lizardfolk?

HunterOfJello
2012-09-28, 02:09 AM
Maybe a non-psionic thri-kreen or a poison dusk lizardfolk?

Both of those are good races, but it was more obscure than those. It was a strange race that I had never heard of before then. I had thought that the person said it was from Serpent Kingdoms, but i didn't see it in there.

Spuddles
2012-09-28, 02:11 AM
Domovoi is a dwarf or something, I believe.

Do you remember anything else about it?

HunterOfJello
2012-09-28, 02:26 AM
both of the racial hit die contributed well to the character. they were probably from monstrous humanoid. i really can't remember much about it.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-09-28, 02:28 AM
Maybe Volodni (unnapproachable east)? I don't remember the racial features, I'm guessing based on the comment about domovoi.

Planar
2012-09-28, 03:56 AM
Can it be Greensnake Naga from Oriental Adventures? It doesn't have a racial HD, but comes with a lot of goodies for +1 LA and it was mentioned in the forums recently.

Edit: Or Marrulurk (3 HD, +1 LA) from Sandstorm?

HunterOfJello
2012-09-28, 04:27 AM
Can it be Greensnake Naga from Oriental Adventures? It doesn't have a racial HD, but comes with a lot of goodies for +1 LA and it was mentioned in the forums recently.

Edit: Or Marrulurk (3 HD, +1 LA) from Sandstorm?

Thank you!!

I strongly suspect it was one of those two. I think both were mentioned at some point and I'm glad that I've found both of them again.

Marrulurk's are really impressive mounstrous humanoids. Damn.