PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Long Road To Victory [IC]

Neo Noctis
2012-09-28, 10:49 AM
Long Road To Victory (LRTV)

You were taken in the night, a tall hooded figure came for you, knocked you unconcious. Next thing you knew you were in this cell, locked with barely enough light to see, small candles on the outsides of the cells. As you looked out, thousands illuminating black bars all around, with walkways flanking cells up and down, how huge is this prison?

You noticed a lack of jailors, none to be precise. The jailed keeping themselves company. You found barely enough food to survive, small rations appearing when your back was turned, and barely enough water to quench the thirst, oh the thirst. Why am I here?

You counted the days, days became weeks, months, years, or was it weeks, days, hours. Moans constant in the deep, a prison of the mind, tormented all around. Today they came though, for you.

They knocked you out.

You awake in a large circular room, roughly fifty by fifty feet. You find yourselves sitting around a circular table with a figure standing in the center. the table is roughly ten feet squared, and four others are sitting, equally spaced, guards are positioned around the walls, unmoving. They carry fierce looking halberds.

The figure reaches down flat to the table and places their gloved hand upon it. The centre illuminates, and then the table springs alive with a pale blue, which then turn into a fiery orange, illuminating the area, revealing a black centre on the cloaked figures hood, as if an abyss.

"I believe you are wondering why you are here, why you were taken. This is not an issue. You have been chosen, chosen for the chance of freedom"
The figure paces the table, circling the centre.
"You have but one minute of my time and then you must participate in our challenge, a simple one at that; fight to survive"
He stops and turns to a wall. The wall opens up from the centre, revealing another room with a metal box in the centre, and a circle surrounding it on the floor.

Spellcraft Roll

"When this table turns pale blue, you will enter that box."

The figure then puts his hands together.

[OOC]Now you can ask one question, gather yourselves, and move to the box (Or not) Also a description would not go amiss, the room is well illuminated now

JerichoPenumbra
2012-09-28, 02:52 PM
A slender man, with seemingly impossible red hair and skin that seems smoother than marble speaks up.
"I don't have qualms about surviving a test, but where are we? Why us?"
The more you look at this man the more everything about him seems to be off.

DrK
2012-09-28, 03:35 PM
Anima rises slowly and stretchs his glemaing silver arms. The dark seams of wood and obsidian of his skeleton between the plates of the thick mithril rune covered armour.

His flat impassive face with a thin slit of a mouth and gleaming red eyes watches the box and room carefully as he searches in his mind for the solution of how he came to be in this room.

Spellcraft [roll0]

Standing up he glances around patting down his small back back, virtually empty save for his bag of strange concotions needed for his upkeep and his spell book. A quiver of bolts hanging from his waist and a crossbow on the table nearby. He looks at the strange man nearby. "What lies through the box?"

Mangles
2012-09-28, 04:37 PM
Ran stands, stretches and shakes himself out. He is a tall, lanky man with a mane of hair and bedraggled clothes. He starts to growl.

"How do we win?"

Gandariel
2012-09-28, 05:03 PM
Duncan Idaho looks around, shaken, the moment he awakens.
As he hears the weird man talk, he stands up and staring at the men with his deep green eyes he yells: YOU take us prisoners and then offer us freedom? Is this some kind of joke?

Duncan looks around, at the man, and then those who seem other "prisoners", before reaching for his sword, just in case.

TenadwenDM
2012-09-28, 05:53 PM
Tenadwen, a lithe and light skinned human male, just eyes the group. A light smirk on his lips, as he simply takes in the ordeal. Opportunities were his specialty, in many a way, so he would not miss this one. Even if it was one he truly had little choice of the matter in.

The man's hair was tucked neatly into a braided ponytail, hair as dark as the midnight itself. His eyes always seemed to be scanning about, eying each and every detail it could, be it of mortals or objects, grass blade or the burning volcano.

Neo Noctis
2012-09-29, 12:06 PM
The Figure Turns to Ocielin "You are in a space here, but not quite there. It is a secret place between the astral plane and the 'material plane' that binds both together, but also offshoots outwards, towards other similiar bonds; other spaces between other material and astral planes, and we are the ones who travel it finding the ones with greatest potential"

The Figure then turns to Anima "What lies through the box my dear warforged being, is infinite, unlocked by your own potential, it is empty; yet leads to many worlds, many places, varying in size and shape, temperature, denziens, and also your salvation"

The Figure turns to Ran Fur "To win. You Fight, kill, maim, destroy all others in your way, and when enough blood has been spilt, you shall have your freedom"

The Figure turns to Duncan Idaho "This isnt a joke Mister Idaho, This is entertainment, you would do well to remember that"

The Figure finally turns to Tenadwen and gives a small bow.

The Table turns pale blue, and the guards lower their halberds and approach, forcing you out of your seats, and towards the box, cramming you inside the steel cage.

The Figure then walks forwards towards the box. "I am known as Ceraphim, and if you survive, well lets not get ahead of ourselves, good luck"

As the last words leave Ceraphim' lips, the door of the box rises, and as it reaches the top, a huge pop explodes into life.

You feel yourselves falling, turning twisting into nothingness, and as soon as you had started, you had stopped.

The box falls apart, revealing a clearing in the forest, at least forty feet cubed, a rustle emerges from a bush as four kobolds spring forth with spears held aloft

[Battlemap]
Here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhXvPWr_yvo4dHFUM0tRVnJwT0FLeVd1RGY2TWVtU UE)

[Post up your actions, then I will place them in order]

You Win Initiative!

[DrK]
Your not sure what the circle is at first, but after it seems to be some kind of material for a teleportation spell of some kind

DrK
2012-09-29, 01:54 PM
"Intriguing" the warforged growls in a metallic murmur before his eyes focus on the tiny kobolds. Metal hands grasp the shaft of the crossbow and in a smooth motion bring it up to his cheek plate and loose at the central kobold.

Draw crossbow
Shoot kobold #2 [roll0] Damage [roll1]

TenadwenDM
2012-09-29, 04:07 PM
"Err... I'll let you gentlemen handle the brunt of this... Rushing headfirst into combat just isn't my thing." The Cut-purse's words carried a forked tongue about it, his intentions clouded by the aura about him.

He would slip back, wanting to take cover in the brush surrounding the edge of their given battlefield, after all he was known for stealth, not for standing in the open and running headfirst into problems.

Hide check [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]

In the event they will be needed.

Mangles
2012-09-29, 06:15 PM
Ran wastes no time channelling his magic into the battlefield. Grass and roots reach out and grab at the kobolds.

casting entangle on the battlefield. I should be able to cover the whole thing.

Neo Noctis
2012-10-01, 07:22 AM
Round 1

A Large blue light (Roughly ten by ten feet across) appears in the Sky

Spellcraft Roll

Tenadwen bursts backwards towards the treeline, and then stealthily runs across the edge of the trees, seemingly unnoticed.

Anima pulls the trigger on the crossbow, letting a bolt fly; The kobold ducks as the bolt leaves the crossbow.

Ran' spell completes, and small plants and roots rise from the ground, entangling the entire battlefield.

The Kobolds are entangled by the spell, but Kobold 2 manages to jump over the gap and break free. Kobold one bursts out of the entangle, Charging at Ran, full speed. He stabs towards you, but is just out of reach. Kobold 2 charges straight at Anima, barking wildly as he charges, Hitting you on the armour, his spear glancing off the plating. Kobold 3 and 4 are stuck.

Ocielin

Duncan walks over to Kobold one, unsheating his sword as he walks. He takes the sword in two hands and strikes sideways with an awesome blow, cleaving the Kobold in two.

DrK
2012-10-01, 04:27 PM
Anima looks doward as the spear glances off the steel plates of his chest before laying down a savage blow from his heavy fist at the kobolds head.

Attack [roll0] damage [roll1]
Here's hoping the little blighter charged so his AC dropped! The dice roller on the forum doesn' like me.

EVen as he does his eyes cast upwards ina questing manner at the blue glow in the sky.

Spellcraft [roll2]

Mangles
2012-10-01, 05:12 PM
Ran pulls out his sling and lets loose a shot at a kobold towards the rear.

Attacking kobold 3. If 3 is dead by my turn than kobold 4.

[roll0] for [roll1]

JerichoPenumbra
2012-10-01, 10:13 PM
1st turn: Ocielin draws his club from under his cloak and focuses his mind to manifest some protection for him. Everyone nearby seems to hear whispered cheering.

Draw weapon. Manifest Force Screen.

2nd turn: Ocielin tries to not be overwhelmed by the thicket created by his new comrade's spell. He attempts makes his way toward the kobold that is being surrounded to strike it.

Reflex save to not get entangled [roll0]
If he can move and attack:
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

TenadwenDM
2012-10-02, 01:45 AM
Tenadwen takes aim with an arrow, his sights on the Kobold to his right ((Kobold 4)) And lets an arrow fly. The bush would keep him covered, he felt, but he wasn't going to let the others have ALL the fun, after all.

Combat Roll Vs Kobold 4
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Sneak Attack [roll2]

Gandariel
2012-10-06, 02:13 PM
Duncan mumbles as he finds himself entangled as well: Casters... why do they have to make all these weird complicated things when you can just kill Evil with your sword?

He tries to break free of the vines around him, and then smashes the closest goblin with an elegant and strong blow.

See? Wasn't that hard!

Neo Noctis
2012-10-08, 11:21 AM
Hey there, IRL issues have taken over for a few days, I will not be on until then, this is not the end, this is see you in a couple of days, I will PM each of you to tell you that I am back, and I will also instantly post up turn 2 when I get back
Sorry, but BRB
NeoN