PDA

View Full Version : How do you want Xykon fail

Lord
2012-09-28, 10:56 AM
Hi, Lord here,
I have been thinking about the way I wanted Order of the Stick to end, and I was wondering how exactly people wanted to see Xykon go out?
Me? I want to see him have a complete villainous breakdown, his plans destroyed, and possibly with an effective backstab by Redcloak.
Also I want to see some variant of this line used:

Xykon: DAMN YOU GREENHILT!

Up until now, Xykon never really takes Roy seriously, even offering to just let him go Level up some more during the battle for Azure city, and never getting his name right. So getting the name right would clearly show just how seriously he was taking things.

What do you think?

Deepbluediver
2012-09-28, 12:11 PM
I don't think Xykon has the right mentality to suffer a complete villianous breakdown; after all, we saw it come pretty close to what you are describing back in Azure city, and all we really got was a "we gave it our best shot, so much for that".

And Xykon got seriously angry at V and O-Chul when they broke in/out of his tower, but remains focused as ever.
Even if every gate is destroyed and/or kept out of his hands, what's 20 years down the tube to an immortal lich?

As satisfying as it might be, I think the best we're going to get is perhaps an "Oh [poop]!" moment with Xykon reduced to nothing but a skull as his phylactory is smashed.

Turgon9357
2012-09-28, 02:28 PM
I don't think Xykon has the right mentality to suffer a complete villianous breakdown; after all, we saw it come pretty close to what you are describing back in Azure city, and all we really got was a "we gave it our best shot, so much for that".

I agree with this. From what I can tell, Xykon is more invested in liching it up than taking over the world. If the plan fails, he'll probably be like "Screw it, I'll just kill everyone. Should be fun."

That said, Xykon getting Roy's name right would be an excellent way of demonstrating that Xykon is in serious business mode. Props, Lord.

ChowGuy
2012-09-28, 05:31 PM
:redcloak: So Xykon, what are we going to do tomorrow night?
:xykon: Same thing we do every night. Try to TAKE OVER the WORLD!

martianmister
2012-09-28, 07:56 PM
With a tickle fight.

Mike Havran
2012-09-28, 08:12 PM
I would like him to say

:xykon: AH! So THIS is what -

before he gets destroyed.

Deepbluediver
2012-09-28, 10:53 PM
:redcloak: So Xykon, what are we going to do tomorrow night?
:xykon: Same thing we do every night. Try to TAKE OVER the WORLD!

You're terrible.

I've had the stupid quote in those damn squeaky voices playing over and over in my head all afternoon. And I giggle every time.

ti'esar
2012-09-28, 11:32 PM
I hope we get to see him find out the true nature of the Plan - the reaction should be interesting.

Roland St. Jude
2012-09-28, 11:47 PM
Sheriff: Please no more "do you really want..." and "do you want..." and similar threads. This issue could be raised without the meme as a hook. Such things then to multiply, become parodied, etc., and take over the forum.