PDA

View Full Version : Size increase/decrease impacting stats

hirojinbrodie
2012-09-28, 12:41 PM
Ok, not the most exciting of questions, but I have been trying to figure out how increasing/decreasing the size of creatures affects their hide, move silently, and other aspects. I am aware of the changes in grapple, but if someone could please get me some information on a more complete listing of these changes I would be really thankful.

VGLordR2
2012-09-28, 12:51 PM
Here (http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/SRD:Table_of_Creature_Size_and_Scale) is a table with all of the standard modifiers for different sizes.

hirojinbrodie
2012-09-28, 02:30 PM
Thank you thank you thank you! God I was going nuts trying to find the rules. I am making a flesh warper, and one of the special abilities you can add to your familiar is you can increase its size. Wonderful ability, especially with improved familiar, but I couldn't find the rules for what changes. Thanks again.

ShriekingDrake
2012-09-28, 05:27 PM
While this is a slight tangent from the OP, I have always wondered why AC changes were not relative with respect to size. That is, it seems to me that AC differences should relative difference such that a tiny creature has a better chance of hitting a fine creature than a large creature, rather than giving the fine creature the same AC bonus relative to both. It just doesn't make much sense to me the way it is.

TuggyNE
2012-09-28, 06:03 PM
While this is a slight tangent from the OP, I have always wondered why AC changes were not relative with respect to size. That is, it seems to me that AC differences should relative difference such that a tiny creature has a better chance of hitting a fine creature than a large creature, rather than giving the fine creature the same AC bonus relative to both. It just doesn't make much sense to me the way it is.

That's exactly how it already works; why do you think size decreases grant attack bonuses?