PDA

View Full Version : Find me a size changing class!

PrGo
2012-09-28, 05:47 PM
Heya!

I'm about to DM a new game and I'm letting the players play some crazy homebrewed stuff. One of them would like to play a small character who has the power to grow a few size categories in combat.
I have no idea where to start with that one, so I turn to you, fellow playgrounders. Find me a class, prestige class or race that can do something like that. The source may be first party, third party or homebrew, as long as it is considered valid.

Thanks in advance :smallbiggrin:

Morithias
2012-09-28, 05:58 PM
Heya!

I'm about to DM a new game and I'm letting the players play some crazy homebrewed stuff. One of them would like to play a small character who has the power to grow a few size categories in combat.
I have no idea where to start with that one, so I turn to you, fellow playgrounders. Find me a class, prestige class or race that can do something like that. The source may be first party, third party or homebrew, as long as it is considered valid.

Thanks in advance :smallbiggrin:

Stoneblessed Goliath Barbarian.

TuggyNE
2012-09-28, 05:58 PM
Psychic Warrior (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/classes/psychicWarrior.htm). Expansion (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/expansion.htm) power. First party SRD content from a nice balanced class. You're welcome. :smallcool:

Sgt. Cookie
2012-09-28, 06:04 PM
DeAnno's The Beast class has size increases, just not in combat. On my tablet, so linking is impossible.

tyckspoon
2012-09-28, 06:05 PM
Some kind of psychic class is probably your best bet without going headlong into Polymorph and related spells; between Compression and Expansion you can get 2 size categories up and down in a reasonable amount of levels. Psychic Warrior can pick them natively, Wilder/Psion would have to take Expanded Knowledge to get them, and there's probably a mantle for Ardents that contains them.

Psyren
2012-09-28, 07:47 PM
and there's probably a mantle for Ardents that contains them.

Nope! Ardents are just as boned as everyone else, sadly. Psychic Rogues and Lurks get Compression natively though.

nyjastul69
2012-09-28, 08:05 PM
The Spriggan from the Fiend Folio can change from small to large. I don't think they can become medium. It may not be viable with 5 RHD and +2 LA though. FF is late 3.0 so you should check out the update document.

dspeyer
2012-09-28, 09:28 PM
Gnome wildshape ranger / master of many forms

AntiTrust
2012-09-29, 12:32 AM
Wu jen with the Giant Size spell turns you huge, gargantuan or colossal based on your caster level (Complete Arcane)