PDA

View Full Version : Dryad in a plague torn city

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-28, 08:36 PM
Nike awakes in her room with Aribeth slowly waking her from her sleep. Come on Nike Desther and I are discussing things relating to you. You should be here Once Nike wakes fully up Aribeth leads you to where Desther, Fenthick and two other Hemlites are standing talking.

Desther sighs, Finally, there you are Aribeth. Anyway, Nike, we were discussing what we should do about you. We do not wish to completely hamper you movements as that would be somewhat rude and against the law. However, we are assigning you a body guard to accompany you around the city and to keep you out of trouble. I personally wished for a Hemlite or a City Guard to accompany you but Aribeth is saying that we should bring you to the Roaring Boar and let you hire a savage mercenary to protect you with our already meager funds.

Aribeth objects, Its not that Desther! Your Hemlites are need in the city curing people. They are the best healers we have in these troubled times. My guards are already strapped for work and need every person they have. The mercanaries in that tavern are just wasting away getting drunk. They are probably some of the best combatants in the city. Who else would be better at protecting Nike?

Desther sighs again, Fenthick is unsure who to side with, Desther speaks, Nike, who would you prefer. It should be your decision anyway.

Demidos
2012-09-29, 11:19 PM
Nike looks from one to another. I have seen how strapped you are for help in the wards. I wouldn't want to take from that, much as I would like the protection of a Hemlite. But if the tavern's folk are truly that idle, and truly that talented, perhaps it merits at least a look?

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-29, 11:22 PM
Desther sighs, I suppose then we shall take a look. There is nothing the Hemlites have to do that is more important than guarding 1/4 of the cure to save this city. I shall accompany you there immediately. I see no reason to delay this any longer than it needs to be. With that Desther starts to walk off beckoning you to follow.

Demidos
2012-09-30, 01:53 AM
Nike follows!

#Nike follows!

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-30, 01:52 PM
Nike and Desther walk into the bar, the crowd inside seems to be fairly jolly and rambunctious for being in a plague torn city. There are about 10-15 people inside.
If you make a pun on "They walk into a bar" "Ouch" or something similar I WILL have Desther attempt to murder you
I shall see who is available amongst these mercenaries. Desther walks over to the man behind the bar and grabs is directed to a somewhat torn sheet of paper posted on the side wall. He walks back over to Nike, Okay it seems that there are actually a few decent choices. First, Linu La'neral an eleven cleric. I believe that is her over there. pointing to a young elf in a robe with long black hair. Sharwyn, a human singer and wandering bard. Probably not good since we want to keep you OUT of trouble. Lets see, Tomi Undergallows... probably the worst pickpocket I have ever seen. I mean he wrote on the list "Assassin" and then crossed it out in and in its place put "Informant/Scout". Not the highest intelligence. Also we have Grimgnaw a dwarven monk, monks tend to be well disciplined I could see him being good. Desther looks around at the crowd and then sees a dwarf chugging two beers at once while dancing, Then again... dwarves... And finally Daelin Red Tiger, an orc which probably means he hits things hard... Oh look under skill description, "Wields a greataxe and proficient in battle". I am shocked truly. He turns to look at Nike. So who do you think might be worthwhile in having beside you? I still think my Hemlites would be better suited for the task.

Demidos
2012-09-30, 01:55 PM
Nike walks over to the elven cleric and flips her hair. Impress me.

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-30, 02:11 PM
You approach Linu who is sitting in a lone chair sipping an elegant glass of wine. She looks a bit shocked to be asked some abruptly, Uh... O-oh, impre-ees you? U-um okay. She stands up almost knocking over her glass. She then begins to sing, a music tone that gracefully ebbs and flows around your ears as she sings. She finishes her song in about a minute Wa-was that good?

Desther sighs and turns to Nike, Vagueness is not benificial right now Turning to Linu, We are looking for someone who might be able to protect this Fey as she walks around. As well as keep her out of trouble somewhat. I believe she meant with your divine magic not your singing voice.

Linu looks a bit shocked, Oh that makes more sense. Um, do you have any wounds I can demonstrate? Uh, I don't have that many visually impressive spells. I could scry on someone if you want. I am quite proficient in divination magic.

Demidos
2012-09-30, 05:48 PM
Scry on someone, you say. Could you scry on my friend? He was lost to us in the beggars district. I believe he may have been re-raised as undead.

Is that meta-game? It makes sense that if everyone is becoming undead, so would our party members. Call to you.

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-30, 07:01 PM
Linu nods, U-h sure. I need a fountain of holy water. Mr. Hemlite may I use the temple of Teron Gorefiend for my scrying. Also Ms Fey I need a description of the person I am to scry. With that the three of you head to the temple. And Linu finishes her preparations in front of the fountain, Okay lets find the one named Shard. She begins to cast the spell, which then backfires in a small explosion knocking Linu down. Well, that was weird. I was unable to affect him, his natural resistance to magic was far too great for me to affect.

Demidos
2012-10-03, 01:17 AM
Hmmm. Nike strokes her chin. What skills do you have that might be of aid combating the undead?

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-06, 01:54 PM
Linu looks a bit afraid when you mention the undead, Uh, well I don't really focus in combating undead. I can turn them as most clerics of Teron Gorefiend can. I could prepare my spells to be more damaging to undead if you wish. Should I expect to encounter a lot of undead?

Desther looks displeased by your last couple of questions, Nike I should remind you that your friends are dead. If they have been raised we don't have the resources to resurrect them. You are not allowed to go on suicidal death missions with zero chance of success or no chance of finding a waterdavian creature.

Demidos
2012-10-06, 02:32 PM
Nike turns to look at Desther -- True, but a good quarter of the city is under control of the dead. I am here, one of the other waterdhavian creatures is found. Perhaps I could search the fourth district first, if you prefer that.

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-06, 02:53 PM
Desther sighs, It should be safer if you look in the worker's district yes. Much better than you being torn apart by undead. Is this lady's abilities to your liking? I have much work to be done so I would prefer to finish this business up rather soon.

Demidos
2012-10-09, 04:08 PM
I'll take you.
Nike turns decisively to Desther.

Linu will serve acceptably. Have you warded the cure, or can she divine it, perhaps? In either case, we can return to the keep now, and plan our next move. Nike says, turning to leave.

What time is it? And is it possible to get Linu's current spell list?

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-09, 04:35 PM
Linu nods, Thank you. It will be an honor to help you. May the Benevolent Overlord watch over us for our time together.

Desther smiles, Yes I believe she has already been blessed by my Hemiltes. Miss Linu you shall consult me about your payment. It shall be ready within the next couple of days. With that I shall be off, there is much to be done in keeping this city afloat

It is 10:00 AM, Nike and Linu are currently inside the Temple of Teron Gorefiend the Benevolent Overlord.

Her spell list? Yaaaaaa no :smalltongue:

Demidos
2012-10-09, 05:20 PM
Can you try to find an intellect devourer? It is a species of creature that... Nike trails off and gestures for Desther to explain it. Could you attempt scrying that?

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-10, 10:30 AM
Desther explains the creature to Linu who shakes her head, Um...m sorry, No I can't scry on a creature that I have no connection to. If you brought me part of the creature or an image of the particular creature I would. It would be the same if you asked me to scry a human in this city.

Demidos
2012-10-10, 12:47 PM
A pity. Well. What offensive spells or defensive ones have you prepared? Are you handy with a weapon? I need to know now that we not misunderstand before entering the district. Nike also turns to Desther. Could we have an insignia that identifies us to your men, that they may know us as aliies?

Nike pauses at the entrance to the workers district.

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-10, 02:22 PM
Nike still has her guard badge.... Also Desther is not following you to the Worker's District

Demidos
2012-10-11, 01:12 AM
Fine. Nike never got one, i believe. They got those earlier. In that case I want an overview of Linu, then we can enter the district.

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-14, 03:16 PM
You enter the district and you find yourself face to face with a large guard blockade. Makeshift Fortifications surrond the worker's district side of the door and they are all armed with weapons. Sentries are watching to see if anyone is heading towards the district gate.

One of the men who looks like he is in charge approaches you and Linu, Identify yourself! You also may not wish to enter the district. The prisoners have broken free and are running wild in the district. The guards don't have enough manpower to stop them.

Demidos
2012-10-14, 04:10 PM
Nike flashes her badge. Special guard unit. What prisoners? How many are there of them? What is the state of your troops?
Nike's intrinsic force of personality comes to the fore as she begins rapid firing questions.
What is your rank? Where can I get a map of the district? How are the prisoners organized? Are they organized? What is the state of the regular civilians? How far of a perimeter do we have? How long has this situation been in place? Is there any safe places within the district itself? How does my hair look? Has Aribeth been informed? Have you heard any rumors of any Insert as much as Nike knows about intellect devourers - speaking of which, how much did desther add to her knowledge with his explanation to Linu?'s ?

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-14, 05:22 PM
Nike flashes her badge. Special guard unit. What prisoners? How many are there of them? What is the state of your troops?
Nike's intrinsic force of personality comes to the fore as she begins rapid firing questions.
What is your rank? Where can I get a map of the district? How are the prisoners organized? Are they organized? What is the state of the regular civilians? How far of a perimeter do we have? How long has this situation been in place? Is there any safe places within the district itself? How does my hair look? Has Aribeth been informed? Have you heard any rumors of any Insert as much as Nike knows about intellect devourers - speaking of which, how much did desther add to her knowledge with his explanation to Linu?'s ?

The guard straightens up and then speaks dryly,The prisoners in the prison... He continues to give a report though. We have no idea on their numbers, upwards of a hundred maybe more. They are not really organized. Mostly holding up in the prison and groups are coming out to kill guards and generally make a mess of things. When its night out they take any easy targets and break into stores and generally just cause a mess of the district.

I am just a captain, You already have a map, We have another safe spot within the district but its only a small guard headquarters were the commander of this district is. Aribeth has been informed but we don't expect her to come out herself. There are other things she has to deal with. No I have not heard of any such creature. Why do you ask?

Demidos
2012-10-14, 05:56 PM
No matter. Inform me if you do though. Could I get a layout of the prison? Linu, you ready? How far is the prison?

Demidos
2012-10-14, 06:25 PM
Assuming yes to the above.

Nike coughs a few times, muttering an incantation. Then she whispers and gestures and an owl appears, but not just any owl. The owl is fashioned of leaves and brambles. With a quick word, she sends it out forward, and it vanishes over the palisade.

Eyes and ears.

Speak with plants, SNA 1

Assuming nothing right outside the gate, Nike walks out cautiously.

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-16, 11:05 PM
Your scout tells you that the city is bustling and in the market place there are still citizens buying things and selling in the marketplace. Many of the windows in the district are shattered and broken and people seem to be rushing in a bit of a controlled panic. But for the most part nothing is that out of the ordinary.

Demidos
2012-10-17, 11:05 PM
Nike nods, digesting the situation. How far to the jail, how many convicts were there, and can you give me a floorplan?

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-17, 11:18 PM
The guard still formley gives you the information, We don't have the exact numbers or blueprints. The commander may have some blueprints and more accurate data over in the HQ section I told you about earlier. The prison gate is about 10 minutes from the the entrance to the district. Its probably another 5 minute walk to the actual prison.

Demidos
2012-10-17, 11:22 PM
How far to the HQ?

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-17, 11:25 PM
About 15 minutes

Demidos
2012-10-19, 02:24 AM
Okay. Can you give me directions?

Assuming she gets directions and Linu is ready/buffed in any way she sees fit, we proceed towards the HQ.

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-19, 12:22 PM
Nike is given directions and heads in towards the city.

As she is headed through the city Nike suddenly sees most of the crowd splitting and a group of three people strutting towards through the street, Heh, you peasents got that right! Get out of the way for Barry the Chopper. We run this town now you go that? [color] He pauses infront of a single old man who didn't quite move out of the way, [color=red]Hey old man be respectful! And he shoves the old man out of the way.

All three men are approaching you and haven't quite seen you, they all have armed weapons two of the men have full plate and a great sword while Barry is not wearing armor but has a dagger and a handaxe.

Linu whispers to Nike, What should we do?

Demidos
2012-10-20, 02:42 AM
We should act. Agreed?

Demidos
2012-10-22, 02:59 PM
Sleight of hand [roll0]
Nike coughs into her sleeve, summoning [roll1] lions.

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-22, 03:56 PM
Linu intones several words of power and casts fly enhancing it with her rod of extend.

Inititiave:
Linu: [roll0]
Barry: [roll1]
Bruisers:[roll2]

Demidos
2012-10-22, 07:37 PM
[roll0] Initiative

Demidos
2012-10-22, 07:42 PM
This city belongs to the King, and the town watch enforce the laws, not you. Nike says coldly. What claim have you to protecting the innocent here?

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-22, 07:46 PM
The elf grins, You really don't know who you are messing with. Some zoo animals are not enough to stop BARRY THE CHOPPER!

Demidos
2012-10-22, 10:06 PM
Nike replies "
Lion 1 (middle) vs bruiser (top)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Grapple if bite hits [roll6]
Rake if grapple hits [roll7]
(Attack roll, if needed for rake? [roll8]

Demidos
2012-10-22, 10:13 PM
Nike also says "
Lion 2 (top) vs bruiser (top)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Demidos
2012-10-22, 10:16 PM
Lastly, Nike adds "
Lion 3 (bot) vs BFUD (middle)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-22, 10:23 PM
Barry laughs, Ha, such pathetic animals can't harm BARRY THE CHOPPER! he fades into nothingness. Make two spot checks for each of the lions and nike.

The uninjured bruiser steps up and swings his weapon at the bottom lion as his muscles tremble with intense furry.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Crit Confirm:
[roll4]

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-22, 10:26 PM
Cleave attempt on the middle lion

[roll0]
[roll1]

The other bruiser also steps up and attempts to kill the middle lion

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-22, 10:28 PM
Sneak Attack Damage:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-22, 10:30 PM
Cleave attack:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Demidos
2012-10-22, 10:30 PM
Spot:
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

Nike
[roll6]
[roll7]

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-22, 10:31 PM
Crit Confirm:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-22, 10:36 PM
Linu flies up 20ft and 10ft forward and sends a beam of moonlight at the two orcs.
Strength Damage: [roll0]

Orc Fort Saves:
[roll1]
[roll2]

Demidos
2012-10-22, 11:05 PM
The lion takes a step back and creates an impentrable wall of vegetation covering the men, across the middle of the square.

Wall of Thorns

Demidos
2012-10-22, 11:27 PM
Nike mutters to herself about incompetent summons and gestures with her hands. (SNA 2)

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-22, 11:31 PM
The two bruisers fail to get out of the wall of thorns

Nike feels a dagger and a hand axe hit her as BARRY THE CHOPPER appears next to her.
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]*1.85

Confirm Critical
[roll2]
[roll3]*1.85

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-22, 11:33 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-22, 11:35 PM
Linu cries out, Nike! No! She casts moonbolt on BARRY THE CHOPPER
Strength Damage: [roll0]

Save: [roll1]

Barry is hit and falls prone paralyzed.

Demidos
2012-10-22, 11:41 PM
Nike looks at Linu with respect.

Impressive, that trick. I'd like to learn it.

She looks around at the people in the square.

Can anyone tell me a list of this man's crimes, that we may charge him fairly?

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-23, 03:08 AM
Linu floats over towards you, Uh Nike, does that matter? He announced his name at the top of his lungs each time. I am sure the guards back at the post have a very good idea what he was originally in for. With a nickname like "The Chopper" I will assume murder or attempted murder. Shouldn't we be concerned with the other two criminals first?

Demidos
2012-10-23, 06:15 PM
Very well, though I doubt they will be much trouble. They will probably be entertained in there for a good bit. Do you have any healing? I would appreciate a little right now. We shouldnt kill him unless we have to.

Can I hear them struggling? And are there still people around saying anything? If not, I order the lion to come over and attack BARRY THE CHOPPER into unconsciousness (assuming he has the time to do it)

Nike turns aside to mutter a quick prayer to Teron Gorefiend, and her wounds glimmer and close somewhat.

CLW. [roll0] I would logically leave the wand of CLW with shard and the wand of vigor with Nike, due to healing logistics. Can i assume thats correct?

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-23, 06:50 PM
One of the bruisers manages to get out of the wall of thorns, Argh! You'll pay for that!.

Barry calls out to you, I will pay you back NIKE! You haven't seen the last of BARRY THE CHOPPER! and with that Barry vanishes from your sight.

Linu moves over to nike and pulls out a wand, Here, I think we may need to conserve spells so I will just use this.

[roll0]

Demidos
2012-10-23, 07:18 PM
Nike begins casting deep slumber, while the lion readies an action to bite the loser if he gets close.

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-23, 07:20 PM
The bruiser attempts to pull his ally free but fails to. He moves around the brush so you can't see him.

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-23, 07:24 PM
Linu heals Nike with lesser vigor.

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-23, 07:37 PM
After Nike mounts the lion she rides over and spots the Bruiser. The Bruiser charges the lion.

Attack 1:
[roll0]
[roll1]
Attack 2:
[roll2]
[roll3]
Cleave:
[roll4]
[roll5]

Crit Confirm
[roll6]
[roll7]

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-23, 07:39 PM
Linu calls out, Be careful Nike!

She casts extended twinned Spiritual Weapon.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-23, 07:44 PM
Nike soft fall roll
[roll0] DC 15

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-23, 07:45 PM
Damage:
[roll0]

Demidos
2012-10-23, 11:42 PM
Nike steps back, calling on the spirits of dinosaurs to munch upon this bruiser fellow.
Attack [roll0]
Damamge [roll1]
Grapple [roll2]

Demidos
2012-10-23, 11:43 PM
Crit confirmation
[roll0]
[roll1]

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-24, 12:42 AM
Unless you mean spirit jaws you didn't call that spell and thus can't cast it.

Demidos
2012-10-24, 01:22 AM
I did, in fact, mean that. I was going to use some move creative wordchoice than usual, and then mention the actual name in a spoiler. My apologies. :)

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-24, 10:23 PM
The other bruiser manages to claw his way from the brush.

Linu fires two shots at the newly freed Bruiser.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Demidos
2012-10-24, 10:35 PM
Surrender and submit, and your lives will be spared.

Suggestion, dc 21

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-24, 10:37 PM
The bruisers eyes sway and he falls under the effects of the suggestion, Uh, okay. He drops his weapon and puts his hands over his head as he falls prone.

The other bruiser's eyes widen as he sees his ally drop his weapon. Me too! Don't kill me! I surrender

Demidos
2012-10-24, 10:43 PM
Tell me who you are and about BARRY.
(THE CHOPPER).
Especially about that disappearing act he does.

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-24, 10:47 PM
The one who is not suggested looks nervous and shouts out, We plead the fifth!

Demidos
2012-10-27, 12:37 AM
Nike stands thinking for a moment. Drop your weapons, both of you. Once you do, the jaws will vanish. Linu will escort you back to the perimeter. If you try something, she will very probably kill you. Nike pauses, seeing the skeptical expressions on the faces of the bandits.
Let me rephrase that. Linu, if they try anything, kill them. I will be summoning a creature to fix this mess. If you give Linu trouble, it will come after you and eat you. It moves faster than you do.

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-27, 12:48 AM
The conscious orc drops his weapon with a nod and the suggested one just drops his weapon.

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-27, 12:50 AM
Once the jaws disappear the conscious orc bolts away running 100ft down the path and then vanishing.

Demidos
2012-10-27, 01:00 AM
Nike gestures, starting to cast SNA2

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-27, 01:00 AM
Assuming you don't chase the run away the bruiser and Linu head back to the guard post. Linu pauses before going, Are you sure you are going to be alright Nike? Here have a wand in case you need more healing. She hands you a wand of vigor after healing you twice and giving you lesser vigor again.
[roll0]

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-27, 01:11 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-27, 01:13 AM
Linu looks at your summon, What are you... doing? She looks alarmed, STOP DON'T. If you move that man he will die by the thorns. We will have to cut him out. If we wish to get him out or dispel it. Do you have any dispelling spells prepared?

Demidos
2012-10-27, 01:18 AM
Good point.

Nike waves her hand. "Nikers for the win!"
Dispel Check [roll0]

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-27, 01:21 AM
Linu rushes over and heals the old man, who graciously thanks the two of you for standing up to the criminals. Assuming you take the suggested criminal to the guards they handcuff him and thank you for your efforts.

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-27, 01:26 AM
You get 3200 xp from that encounter,

1 +1 Greatsword, Fullplate, Amulet of Tears +2 Con

Demidos
2012-10-27, 02:44 AM
Nike rubs her temples. This looks like it may be a greater challenge than we expected.

She sighs.

Ready to go again?

The guards have enough ppl/manacles/dungeouns to take care of plenty of criminals, right?
We head back into the district.

Demidos
2012-10-27, 02:18 PM
SPot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-27, 02:23 PM
About 5 minutes pass as Nike and Linu walk through the busy streets of the Worker's District. Most of the people on the street just seem to want to get off the streets and are rushing about. While walking down a somewhat less busy street you notice a group of three people just loitering in front of a door. Two humans and a drow. You notice though that their is another humanoid kneeling in front of the door. You see the Drow speaking something but you can't make out the words.

Linu is oblivious.

Roll a sense motive check.

Demidos
2012-10-27, 05:51 PM
Sense motive [roll0]
Nike nods towards them subtly with her chin, glancing at Linu.

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-27, 09:02 PM
You really can't tell what they are doing.

Demidos
2012-10-28, 03:45 PM
Is it possible to ready an action outside combat? If so, Nike readies Spirit Jaws, to be cast if attacked or if a spell is being cast.

Nike wanders closer to try to hear what they are saying or doing.

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-28, 04:28 PM
You can't ready an action out of combat

The Drow glares at you as you start walking towards you. When you are within 20ft he calls out to you, This is none of your business if you know what is good for you. You really can't get any better view of what they are doing, except you do see it is a humanoid hunched in front of the door and bent over the door knob.

Demidos
2012-10-29, 02:49 AM
(Since I cant get a surprise round at this point)

My badge says otherwise.
She flashes him her badge.

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-29, 01:31 PM
You probably should of rolled initiative in that last post just to speed this up :smalltongue:

Linu pauses, Wait, Nike what were they doing?

The Drow straightens his back, Oh if you want to mess around with other people's business I can't vouch for your safety. We run this district! That badge of yours means nothing now!. The others attempt to attack

Init:
Nike: (To speed this up): [roll1]
Drow: [roll2]
Rogues: [roll3]

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-29, 01:53 PM
The drow casts fireball upon you two. [roll0] Damage. Reflex Save for Half
Linu's Reflex: [roll1]

The three rogues close in on Linu and Nike 2 attack Nike 1 attacks Linu. Their blades seem to become ghostlike and bypass natural armor and armor.

Nike's
Attack: [roll2] (Touch Attack)
Damage: [roll3]

Attack: [roll4] (Touch Attack)
Damage: [roll5]

Linu:
Attack: [roll6] (Touch Attack)
Damage: [roll7]

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-29, 01:55 PM
Linu 5ft steps back and casts extended twinned spiritual weapon. Which hold their fire. Linu also activates her amulet of tears +24 Tempt HP.

Demidos
2012-10-29, 03:57 PM
Nike moves back, and snaps her fingers. She feels a surge in her energy, even as the rogues feel an overwhelming sense of fatigue.

5 ft step, +12 temp. hp, Deep Slumber, dc 21

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-29, 04:27 PM
Nike needs to make a reflex save. Also you are aware that Deep Slumber is a 1 round cast time correct?

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-31, 03:05 PM
Nike's Reflex Save: [roll0]

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-31, 03:20 PM
The sorcerer attempts to cast Black Tentacles but Linu's spiritual weapons fire and attempt to disrupt him.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Sorcerer's Concentration: [roll2]

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-31, 03:22 PM
Tentacle Grapple Checks:
Nike: [roll0]
Linu: [roll1]

Nike's Grapple Check: [roll2]
Linu's Grapple Check: [roll3]

Damage: [roll4]

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-31, 03:27 PM
The rogues 5ft step forward and attack Nike, their weapons burst into flame and they swing once at Nike:

Attack: [roll0]

Attack: [roll2]

Attack: [roll4]

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-31, 03:29 PM
Linu tumbles around behind Nike and casts freedom of movement on her allowing her to move. Nike's deep slumber is now disrupted (She can't make a DC 52 Concentration check)

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-31, 03:37 PM
From the roof of a nearby building you see a figure in robes and a white mask appear and throw something towards the Rogues.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Attack Roll #2[roll1]
Damage Roll: [roll2]

Attack Roll: [roll3]
Attack Roll #2[roll4]
Damage Roll: [roll5]

Init: [roll6]

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-31, 03:40 PM
Confirm:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Nike sees a clear needle impale itself in the rogue target by the person one in the neck and one in the side of the chest.

The figure speaks in a calm feminine voice, I assume my help is not unwanted Dryad and Elf?

The figure then throws several more needles at the same rogue.

Attack: #1[roll3]
Attack #2: [roll4]

Attack: #1[roll6]
Attack #2: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]

Attack: #1[roll9]
Attack #2: [roll10]
Damage: [roll11]

Attack: #1[roll12]
Attack #2: [roll13]
Damage: [roll14]

Linu calls out as one of the rogues falls to the ground, U.uh no! Your help would be greatly appreciated!

THe sorcerer scoffs, Someone else interfering in other people's business. I shall deal with you as well.

Demidos
2012-10-31, 10:46 PM
Nike nods gratefully and looks at the nearest rogue.
"I think you should submit to the town watch"
Suggestion DC21

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-31, 10:54 PM
Will Save: [roll0]: The rogue drops his weapon and falls prone putting his hands on his head.

The sorcerer casts fireball centered on Linu, Nike, and the Masked Lady, though Linu's spiritual weapons once again attempt to disrupt it.
Linu attack roll: [roll1]
Linu Damage: [roll2]
Drow Concentration: [roll3]
Drow Damage: [roll4]
Linu's Reflex Save: [roll5]
Masked Lady's Reflex Save: [roll6]

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-31, 10:56 PM
Nike's Reflex Save: [roll0]

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-31, 10:59 PM
Linu's Grapple Check:
Black Tentacles: [roll1]

Damage Roll: [roll2]
Linu heals herself with her wand [roll3]

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-31, 11:05 PM
The rogue still standing 5ft steps towards Linu and attacks Nike once and Linu once
Nike attack: [roll0] (Touch Attack)
Linu Attack: [roll2] (Touch Attack)

The masked lady turns towards the Drow, Pest and chucks several more needles at the Drow

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-31, 11:06 PM
Confirming: [roll0]
[roll1]

Nike and Linu fall to the ground unconscious from these attacks

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-31, 11:08 PM
Stabilization check
Round 1:
Nike: [roll0]
Linu: [roll1]
Round 2:
Nike: [roll2]
Linu: [roll3]
Round 3:
Nike: [roll4]
Linu: [roll5]
Round 4:
Nike: [roll6]
Linu: [roll7]
Round 5:
Nike: [roll8]
Linu: [roll9]

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-31, 11:20 PM
Nike awakes to find the masked woman hovering over her, pain wracks most of Nike's body and the masked woman says, Stay calm you are badly wounded. Rest and let me work. Nike feels a healing sensation over her stomach and the rest of the burns on her as the Masked Woman magically coats her hand in a strange liquid and presses the liquid on the wounded areas. Within minutes Nike is full recovered.

Unfortunaltly I was unable to save your friend. By the time the fighting had ceased she had already died and my powers can't be used to bring back the dead. I am sorry she speaks with actual sorrow in her voice.

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-31, 11:22 PM
Nike gains 2400 xp!
Nike loses emotional stability and her cohort!

Demidos
2012-10-31, 11:37 PM
Nike staggers to her feet. "Who are you?"

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-01, 06:38 PM
The masked woman states with a slight edge on her voice the blank expression on her mask seems hard, I have no name Dryad. I am on the hunt for a group of individuals who have taken the person closest to me. Once I avenge him I might return to my previous life. For now you may call me Kyngos, which means hunter in my native tongue.

Demidos
2012-11-02, 12:01 AM
The battle...What happened?

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-02, 12:07 AM
The masked lady gives an account of the battle, The warrior who took you down swung and cut Linu's neck before I could respond. I took out of the sorcerer and managed to chase down the last criminal before he ran away. As Nike regains her sense of her surroundings she notices she isn't on the ground or even on a flat surface. She finds herself on the slant of one of the roofs in the workers district. Beside her is the corpse of Linu, her throat is terrible cut open but their is no blood beside her or in the wound. 4 other bodies of the criminals also lie beside you.

Demidos
2012-11-02, 12:31 AM
Nike stands up and 5ft steps.

Why is there no blood in her body?

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-02, 12:42 AM
Kyngos looks over, Ah I personally don't like the sight of blood. Some abilities of mine give me power over it so I drained it out of her body.

Demidos
2012-11-02, 12:46 AM
Youre a...vampire?

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-02, 12:50 AM
Kyngos pauses, Excuse me what? I am in broad daylight right now. How did you come to that conclusion. She seems quite puzzled.

Demidos
2012-11-02, 01:33 AM
Nike shakes her head.

Forget I said that.
Geez, people and not understanding a bit of confusion when they come back from the dead
Who killed your friend? And who are these men?

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-02, 01:25 PM
Kyngos responds briefly, Personal, and personal. I shall deal with them myself with no outside interference. That is my life's purpose right now. Teron Gorefiend shall see to it that I succeed.

Demidos
2012-11-02, 02:55 PM
...Very well. What are your plans now?

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-02, 03:02 PM
Kyngos pauses, I really haven't got any particular plans. I shall I suppose take these four and see if I can learn anything about those I seek. Where are you headed? Why are you even in this district? Gaurds don't usually enter this district after the prison riots started. What is so pressing that you wade through dangerous murderers to find it?

Demidos
2012-11-02, 03:27 PM
I'm searching for a way to stop the plague. Oh, and i'm trying to supress the prisoners again, now that i'm here.
Someone's gotta do it.

Nike shrugs.

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-02, 03:29 PM
I'm searching for a way to stop the plague. Oh, and i'm trying to supress the prisoners again, now that i'm here.
Someone's gotta do it.

Nike shrugs.

Interesting. The Waterdavian Creatures? Or a separate way.

Demidos
2012-11-02, 03:50 PM
Very probably. You are remarkably well informed.

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-02, 04:01 PM
Interesting, where are you headed? I may need to follow you for a bit. I don't think I should be interfering with your mission what so ever.

Demidos
2012-11-02, 04:05 PM
To a house someone told me would be safe. By not interfere, do you mean help? Or not?

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-02, 04:23 PM
By not interfere I meant that following you around wouldn't harm your ability to find the Waterdavian Creautres. Help is rather subjective. My reasons for doing so remain my own and you are free to reject my company if you don't wish it. Out of curiosity may I ask how many creatures are left to find? And wether there are other groups looking for them?

Demidos
2012-11-03, 01:41 PM
I am not sure. Nike says softly.
There were four of us to start with, but the others....I just dont know. As to the creatures...there are several still.
In any case. I must continue. Are we near where I was? I must be getting on my way. You may come if you wish, if you will assist me. My last assistent. Well.
Nike glances at Linu regretfully.

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-04, 03:59 PM
Fair enough. I shall accompany you then. Though if I may be able to offer some information to you. I have seen several strange things going on in this district. What are the other three waterdavian creatures? I am just familiar with the cockatrice creature. I may be able to point you in the direction of one of them if one is in this district.

Demidos
2012-11-04, 05:37 PM
At the moment, we know of a 10 ft giant Vrykul and a intellect devourer.

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-04, 05:42 PM
Nothing important here move along citizen. [roll0]

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-04, 05:46 PM
Kyngos speaks a soft chuckle behind her mask, And a dryad apparently. I see you don't trust me. Oh well I can't blame you. But in that case I may be able to give you some advice. Their is no giant in this district. Vyrkul tend to be less than subtle if a Vrykul was here half the district would probably be on fire or worse. However, an intellect devourer, thats most interesting. Did you know that the prisoners who I have interrogated said that it was the guards in the prison that let them free? I wonder what could of made the guards do something so reckless....

Demidos
2012-11-04, 05:54 PM
That was my theory as well. The part about the guards releasing them is interesting though. I will keep that in mind. As for the issue of trust, well. If you knew, you knew, and if you didnt, there was no need for you to. Nike shrugs with a smirk.

She then kneels, and bows to Linu's corpse.

Your service was appreciated -- may your service be awknowledged forever. I cannot get your corpse out of the district now, but I will return and try to ressurect you. If i cannot, you will be buried with full honors.

With this speech, She cuts a small hank of her hair off, and, opening Linu's hand, places it within, then closes the hand over it.

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-04, 06:00 PM
Well I only knew when you spoke, you voice changed a bit and I deduced that you were one of them. But regardless I think I will try and help a bit. She walks over to Linu's corpse and lays out a thin fabric that opens up into a portable hole. Kyngos then picks up linu and drops her into the portable hole and you hear a splash of water. Kyngos then drops the other four corpses into the hole as well. Don't worry about her corpse leaving the district. Even if we are separated I shall bring her to body to the temple of the Benevolent Overlord in the main district Kyngos then closes the portable hole and puts it back in a small pouch at her side. Shall we be off?

Demidos
2012-11-04, 06:49 PM
Lets go. If what you have heard is true (is it a reliable source?) then we should proceed with caution at the commander's outpost.

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-04, 08:25 PM
You head towards the commanders post and reach it without incident, Kyngos pauses right outside the site of the guard blockade and speaks in a quiet voice to Nike, I shall wait here. I do not like guards or authority figures much and I do have a criminal record here

Demidos
2012-11-06, 03:31 AM
Nike shrugs like she was expecting it.
Very well. Where will I find you after I exit?

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-07, 03:06 PM
Don't worry I will find you. Try not to leave this area for the next hour or so though. I have something that I must do.

Kygnos then activates a ring on her hand and vanishes in a swirl of shadows.

Assuming you enter the compound. You see several guards standing guard and a minor blockade and gate formed around a large building. The guards stop you, Halt! Entry into the guard headquarters is strictly forbidden for the time being. We need to maintain complete control here. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Demidos
2012-11-07, 07:24 PM
Nike holds her hands up to show that she is unarmed, then slowly reaches into her vest to pull out her guard badge unthreateningly.
I was sent by the higher-ups back central. Whats going on here?

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-08, 05:04 PM
The guards nod, Let me show you the way to the commander. he walks into the building and down a couple corridors till you reach the commander's office, The guard address the woman in charge, Commander Armstrong, this is a recruit who was sent from Central to aid us.

The commander raises an eyebrow inquisitively, Thats odd. I didn't send for anyone. I am sure the other districts have their own problems. Still we could use your help. Larry you are dismissed, the guard returns to his post, So what exactly were you sent to help with? Gaining control over the prisoners?

Demidos
2012-11-09, 01:42 AM
Greetings Captain Armstrong. I come from Aribeth. My proof of way password is "Golden Swallow". I came to help, yes, and I also have another assignment, but i'm not allowed to discuss it just yet. Do you have any casters here? I would prefer Hemlites, but a short list would do.

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-10, 07:43 PM
Armstrong tilts her head, It's COMMANDER Armstrong. And I haven't heard of such a password nor does Aribeth use those to demonstrate who is a guard or not. She prefers to use those easily fake able badges for some reason. I would like to see yours. Assuming you show it to her, Well thats enough proof for now. I don't particularly care about your other assignment as it comes second to getting the prisoners under control again. Yes we have a couple Hemlites here they have a little shrine set up in a room down the hall. I think there are four of them here. We have a couple wizards on staff as well. What is your reason for asking.

Demidos
2012-11-11, 02:41 PM
Commander. My apologies. I had to make sure. I believe that there may be a traitor in our ranks, and I have to be sure. A caster would greatly facilitate this -- I have an idea with something which could ascertain this. I fully understand if you dont trust me yet, so feel free to post a guard on me or follow me while I speak with the casters.

Nike motions inquiringly towards the exit to the room.

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-11, 02:48 PM
Yes thats, suspicious. We don't have any leads or any suspicions of a traitor amongst my men. And since we don't you will do NO good spreading panic and suspicion amongst our tightly knit group. I shall send a guard to accompany you but you shall NOT go spreading the word that there is a traitor in our midst to anyone except who it is completely necessary. I hope the Benevolent Overlord guides you.

She calls a guard and asks him to escort you to the Hemlites.

You walk down a corridor and reach the Hemlites in a average sized room. There are three of them gathered around an altar to Teron Gorefiend the Benevolent Overlord.

Demidos
2012-11-11, 03:38 PM
Nike bows slightly in recognition to the priests.

Greetings. I come from the central district, and the Commander directed me here for casters. Have any of you prepared Nike's shield this morning? Non metagame name for Protection from Evil

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-11, 03:39 PM
The priests raise an eyebrow, What for? And yes.

Demidos
2012-11-11, 03:42 PM
Its a high priority mission. I'm not allowed to divulge much information. That is good though. How many times have you prepared it, how long will it last, and are most of the guards in this edifice in?

How big is the station?

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-11, 03:54 PM
Quite large,~ 60 by 60ft

I have it prepared twice, you guys?
None
Once

So three in total, I don't know who is out running missions or here. I would assume most are in this keep right now. I don't have that information though. Thats privy to Commander Armstrong.

Demidos
2012-11-11, 04:29 PM
Could you please cast it on me? Thanks.

Nike looks at her briefly glowing hand, which slowly fades. Then she turns to her guard, and to the priests.

Please, shake my hand.

Nike looks at the guard.

I want you to take me through the entire building, and tell me if we have missed anyone who is out on watch when we finish.

Nike goes around the building, shaking everyone's hand.

Curses. So much for that bright idea.

She turns to the guard.

Did we miss anyone?

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-12, 04:26 PM
The guard stares at her, No, we don't send guards out of the base very often right now with all the chaos going on. What exactly were you doing? I am not familiar with the ways of magic.

Demidos
2012-11-12, 07:27 PM
It was...it was just a hunch. I'm not really allowed to say more. I apologize. Also, I haven't asked your name yet.

Nike ends the statement with a questioning air.

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-12, 10:09 PM
Ah thats okay. My name is Aran. Should we head back to Commander Armstrong now?

Demidos
2012-11-13, 01:07 PM
Nike sighs heavily.

Very well.

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-13, 02:08 PM
You head back to Commander Armstrong who doesn't seem very interested in spending more time with you. You again. Are you here to tell me what your actual mission is? Or are you going to go snooping around for a bit more?

Demidos
2012-11-13, 06:50 PM
Nike sighs, passing her hand over her face.

Its complicated. In the meantime, you said you needed help controlling the bandits?

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-13, 07:37 PM
"It's complicated" also means that I can't trust you. However, I don't see why I can't send you against the convicts. Killing two birds with one stone really. We plan to take back the prison within 2 days time. If you are willing to help a fey will probably be pretty useful attacking the walls. We have little spellcasters as is.

Demidos
2012-11-14, 05:13 PM
Trust me less than if I had merely appeared and told you nothing about my mission? Thats neither here nor there though. What should I do?

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-15, 02:23 PM
Armstrong sighs, I wouldn't of let you stay here if you told me nothing. None the less Aribeth tends to be good at choosing reckless powerful people with their hearts but not their head in the right place. So I assume I will trust you for now. Our current plan is a staged attack 2 days from now on the prison. We plan on a staged overtaking, the first day will be focused on taking the upper levels. Then we shall send in small strike forces to try and wipe out those within the labyrinth underground. You shall be most useful in both operations if you choose to accept in the attack.