PDA

View Full Version : [PitP] Ponythread RP OOC

Balmas
2012-09-28, 11:37 PM
Chances are, if you've ever been on the My Little Pony media thread, you've seen the roleplaying antics. Now we've finally started our own thread, (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257099) we need an OOC thread for it.

Intros!

Dive Bomb, mad scientist. Native of Cloudsdale, he specializes in explosives and futuristic technology, such as antimatter, fusion, and phlebotinum. In the recent past, he's gone from neutral weapons dealer to active contender in the equestrian arms race to repentant anti-hero.

Blunt Trauma, his manservant and bodyguard, is a purple amalgamation of twelve different ponies, stitched together and animated by Dive Bomb. His main attributes are genius level intelligence and being nigh indestructible.

DB's daughter, Athena, was actually born from a cloning attempt gone wrong when angry villagers swarmed the secret base and cast spells into the mix. Since then, she's been mutatedinto an alicorn through one of Boffinspark's retroviruses, and is currently trying to take over the world.

All of this, to be honest, is somewhat indicative of the general character power level of the characters in this thread.

One Tin Soldier
2012-09-29, 12:05 AM
Character bio:

TS-407, aka Tinsel
Robotic soldier, last functioning unit of a mysterious robotic army led by a supercomputer called Control. (Though he will not be the only unit for long). Has only recently gained sentience, and gained emotions only more recently. Just as this thread started, in fact. Before this point, he was on a mission to determine a new primary directive for Control, which he has now decided is to protect the ponies of Equestria.
Because darn it, this RP needs more good guys.

PurityIcekiller
2012-09-29, 12:11 AM
Assessment Results

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/6961/terrap.png

Name: Terra.

Sex: No, and the alternative is too disturbing to contemplate.

Physiology: Subject is a small, gangly female winged unicorn, believed to be around 12 years of age. Coat colour is green; mane and tail are light blue and roughly cut; eyes are deep purple. Muscular development is minimal, and her physical strength is lacking. No mark has manifested.

Psychology: Subject seems distant and detached, and possesses tendencies toward melancholy. Rather naive; very few influences on her mental development. Prone to underconfidence.

She has occasionally shown a strange fascination with rocks.

Origins: Unknown.

Associations: None known.

Abilities: Slight magical abilities, with strong potential for more. However, she lacks training, and can't even fly yet either.

Power Rating: 1/7. Barely capable of combat. Even ice fairies are stronger.

Movement Speed: ****

Attack Range: *

Attack Power: *

Possessions: Subject possesses nothing except a tattered brown cloak and a faded purple vest, which she wears to keep herself warm at night.

Summary: She's barely worth our notice. A mockery of a princess.

Pokonic
2012-09-29, 12:14 AM
Silent Night is the local undead cult leader. Born in Stalliongrad and is the leader of the Scions of Darkness, he rarely uses his clerical abilites but is neverless stupidly durable thanks to a nigh-constant pumping of negitive energy into his putrid body by some special ability or another. Able to swap bodies with unwilling creatures, he serves the Nightmare with all his power. Apparently. He is effectivly Boffenspark's archenemy, dispite them being in-laws in at least one other reality.

Nightcore is Silents snarky neice, the daughter of a very, very russian sister of his that he later tricked into going into a Tartarusian gate and sealed her in. He ran Nightcore through a mockery of a childhood, and has long hated him for that but has since learned to hate him as a person. Startlingly compitent when she gets even the smallest sliver of power, she often thinks that Silent's passive rule over the Children was weak. Is powerful at sonic magics, but has some basic necromantic skills.

Glory (formerly unnamed) is the local Far-realm esqu entity that takes the form of a vaugly deformed pegusi. Is Nightcores marefriend, and is a potent shapeshifter. Other than that, she's realy just a calm head and rarely fights unless it's needed.

Charnel is a (formerly) little filly who, in Dnd terms, would be a Pesudonatural Fire Elemental(creature) Half-Fiend Ghul. Silents(?) daughter from another dimension, she is ment to be a sort of Raven figure: grows up, end of the world, ect. Currantly, however, this stupidly powerful hug-obsessed filly is mostly like a normal child....if a normal child can use Fleshcrafting at a whim and is almost omipotent when it comes to necromantic or fire-based feats of skill . To young to actual use her skills for her father's goals..for now.

Infernia is the original hug-happy fire elemental. Originaly a major player in the Boffenspark-Silent feud, she is now content in living in the Elemental Plane of Fire and watching the conflict. Charnel is her's and Silents child from a alternet timeline.

Alabenson
2012-09-29, 11:00 PM
Professor Boffinspark is a former student of Princess Celestia and current mad scientist. Based in his small fleet of airships, the professor divides his time between performing dangerous experiments and firing off barrages of friendship blasts from his OFC network. Over his long and frequently bizarre career, the professor has become the archenemy of Silent Night and his cult, spliced his DNA with that of a phoenix and married Princess Pyria of the Fire Elementals.

Igor, Professor Boffinspark’s assistant, is an orangutan granted genius-level intelligence through one of Boffinspark’s early experiments. Having somehow gained exceptional hand-to-hoof combat skills, Igor serves as the professor’s muscle when he encounters problems that can’t be solved via orbital bombardment. While normally Igor’s vocabulary is restricted to the “ooks” common to his species, occasionally he’ll use the airship’s computer as a translation device when he feels the need to make himself heard.
One word of warning, don’t ever refer to Igor as a “monkey”.

Prince Regeln is known throughout Canterlot as Princess Celestia’s personal assistant; however, what few ponies know is that he is in fact a centuries old dragon, raised by Princess Celestia herself, and he has served the Princesses since before Luna became Nightmare Moon. More recently, Regeln has found himself assigned to Professor Boffinspark as an overseer, in hopes that Regeln can prevent the professor from causing Equestria any long-term damage.

Princess Pyria of the Fire Elemental Kingdom is Boffinspark’s wife, having met him while trying to apprehend her wayward younger sister, Infernia. While moderately more reasonable than her trigger-happy husband, Pyria seems to have difficulty with concepts such as restraint, or the idea that ponies don’t react well to beings that descend from the sky in flames while yelling at the top of their lungs.

Octy originated as part of a ninja cloning program started by Professor Boffinspark to provide him with an army of readily disposable minions that could be deployed against Silent Night’s cult members. Unfortunately, according to the professor, such a cloning program is bound to occasionally produce “genetic anomalies”, which in Octy’s case means a giant Pinkie Pie/Octopus monster. Rather than dispose of the monstrosity, Boffinspark used her in several experiments regarding unstable “Pink One” energy, causing Octy to grow to enormous size and emit energy waves hazardous to undead and eldritch abominations. While normally friendly, if somewhat terrifying, Octy has on several occasions demonstrated a fierce sense of protectiveness towards her “father”.

Pokonic
2012-09-29, 11:09 PM
Welp, Silent Night has gained freedom, a partnership between two insane scienceponies is inevitable,a seemingly snapped cult princess has declared a marrage proposal to a elderich abomination in a meat-covered basement and theres a little Alicorn with a unkown past wandering around. And those are just the ponies most likely to blow up the planet.

http://derpyhoovesnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/it_begins-244x300.png

Balmas
2012-09-30, 01:54 AM
Welp, Silent Night has gained freedom, a partnership between two insane scienceponies is inevitable,a seemingly snapped cult princess has declared a marrage proposal to a elderich abomination in a meat-covered basement and theres a little Alicorn with a unkown past wandering around. And those are just the ponies most likely to blow up the planet.

http://derpyhoovesnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/it_begins-244x300.png

I think it's just that it's more concentrated because we don't have the rest of ponythread interrupting. :smallsmile:

Now the only thing left to do is resist godmodding... Phbbt. Yeah, right.

Balmas
2012-10-07, 02:13 PM
Am I the only one who finds it funny that we have three alicorn fillies running around?

Drowlord
2012-10-08, 05:29 PM
... And now I see a new ponythread. Just for RP. I think this will be good.

Is there a recruitment thread separate from this, or should I put up a character here?

Balmas
2012-10-08, 07:51 PM
This is recruitment, character list, and OOC all together in one glorious, chaotic mashup.

Balmas
2012-10-10, 11:34 PM
So, this was too awesome to go uncommented upon.

Three Planar Shards of Darkside Ponythread.

http://i45.tinypic.com/34eawlt.jpg
Gummy-Dimension

http://i49.tinypic.com/2z3nk3k.jpg
Stalliongrad

http://i49.tinypic.com/dbtitc.jpg
Mad Science Equestria

(The project to map out a composite image/map/guide to Ponythread's Meta-Cosmology kind of fizzled out after these three.)

Drowlord
2012-10-11, 03:21 PM
Okay. This thread needs more good guys, am I right?

Enter Morning Chord. He comes from a universe where the Elements of Harmony were lost long ago, their bearers corrupting the Elements themselves with their actions (save Generosity and Kindness, who tried to escape and save some goodness in the world). When Nightmare Moon rose, she easily defeated all who tried to stop her, as there were two Elements missing from the six. She moved to bring all Equestria into eternal night, crushing towns and villages ruthlessly. Celestia's finest unicorn mages worked night and day on a new project to defeat the evil mare: a device that would convert any energy into any other type (heat energy into arcane energy, kinetic energy into sonic, etc.). This would allow Celestia to harness the pure power of the sun as arcane energy to put down Nightmare Moon. They finally created it and presented it to their princess, just as Nightmare Moon flew on silent wings into Canterlot. The Sun Princess's horn glowed. Then, something went wrong.

Celestia's enemy was her sister, so the remaining scholars after the war suspect that it may have had to do with the sun-bearer's reluctance to kill Luna, even in evil form, that contributed to it. Others have speculated that the sun's energy was too much. Whatever the case, the palace exploded in a burst of incredible fire. Both princesses perished. All that was left was the smoking city of Canterlot and the mourning nation of Equestria.

The sun and moon try to stay on the same paths as they did during the reign of Princess Celestia, but they wander erratically, sometimes even crossing each other. Princess Cadence assumed control of the country as best she could, relying on love and tolerance to find good bearers for the remaining Elements. She searched for the two missing Elements as well; her searchers found Generosity far away in the Mild West and Kindness, borne in the shape of a music note on the neck of a colt named Morning Chord.

Morning Chord was kind. He helped all as he could. But he was overburdened by so much need, and, Cadenza giving him the strange device that had killed Nightmare Moon, he used a spell of finding to go to a place where he could find help to rebuild his Equestria, and maybe spread joy there as well.

Morning Chord, physically, is a male dark caramel-colored unicorn whose cutie mark, three half notes, represents his love of music, and whose mane is navy blue. He plays every instrument a little, though his main instruments are the trumpet, saxophone, and piano, jazz and improvisation being his forté. The device, which he always wears, is a silver-colored device that wraps around his horn. His only other possesions are an incredible tumpet and the Element of Kindness. He uses the sonic energy generated through music to augment his magic, and vice versa.

How's it look?

Tectonic Robot
2012-10-12, 11:34 AM
There really isn't an approval process, at least, not what I've seen. Things just sort of flow together like a river of complete illogic. @[email protected]

Anyways, the two dudes I have in play are Candles and Sera.

Since I'm not at an area where I can grab any picture I want, this little drawing will have to do. (http://i.imgur.com/iLWYv.jpg) That's Candles--a navy colt in a torn up robe with an old hat and a magical amulet. He's been charged with, well, 'evacuation': basically just rounding up civillian ponies and giving them free rides to safer, less insane dimensions of Equestria.

He has a traveling companion in the form of Sera: my current avatar, seraphim pony extrodanaire. I'd talk about her, but I'm much rather just play as her a bit instead.

Right, uh... I know I complained a lot about this RP in the main thread, due to my thinking it wasn't really, er, very pony. No hard feelings, right?

Also, making a truce: I won't godmod if you guys don't godmod!

*Is pretty much incapable of godmodding >_>*

Edit: Here some other pictures of Candles. I'm going to be off camping until tomorrow, so I'll get around to your post then, Forum Explorer. ^_^

http://i.imgur.com/L68jv.png

And I'll just link this one. (http://i.imgur.com/hEUes.jpg)

Pokonic
2012-10-12, 11:04 PM
So, this was too awesome to go uncommented upon.

To be fair, Boffenspark and Silent both seem to inhabit the same "basic" Equestria mirror, which includes a ravaged Zebrica, a Elemental Plane for both Shadow and Fire, it's own "rules" for negitive energy, and of course a dead Canterlot.

....Also, Iram, Alpacastan, Llamabad, and Camelshan exist near the so far unmentioned Quaggtar, Lebaaanon, Neighmen, Jourdame, Syrimane, Turkniegh,and Saddle Arabia,which has been shot at with rainbow lazers enough been used enough that the Sandy South might be a genuine sphere.

Balmas
2012-10-13, 10:14 PM
I believe I've come up with an accurate simile for Ponythread RP:

Ponythread is like a game of Paranoia where everyone believes themselves to be the gamemaster, complete with rampant disregard for other people's sanity. There is no order, no surprise that you didn't prepare for, and endless counters to everyone else.

Pokonic
2012-10-14, 12:31 AM
Also, you forgot this:

http://lunachan.net/pony/src/133937545114.jpg

Balmas
2012-10-14, 01:31 AM
Also, you forgot this:

http://lunachan.net/pony/src/133937545114.jpg

Or we could say that it takes place in Pinkie's mind, yes.

Benson
2012-10-14, 11:02 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2q0irmw.png

Sir Lancer 'o' Plenty a friendly and cheery stallion of nobility. He owns a well earning sugar cane plantation, providing all the sugar a pony could ever need. He's a little naive and means well. Enjoys meeting new ponies, the stranger, the more fascinating. Loves cookies and candies.

A pleasure to meet you all friends~

Tectonic Robot
2012-10-15, 11:48 AM
Heyyo, Benson. ^_^

Balmas
2012-10-15, 12:54 PM
Welcome to to the insanity.

Pokonic
2012-10-15, 04:49 PM
I can only assume he was on vacation away from Canterlot during the...event that wiped it off the face of the planet?

Benson
2012-10-16, 06:31 AM
I don't know anything anymore.

Mmm, is there a cohesive meta plot...or something bringing this all together? What's the background for these shenanigans? All I know is pony thread shenanigans, that's it.

I think need some sort of well....more information than the none given in the OOC :p before I can lose my mind properly too.

Balmas
2012-10-16, 07:52 AM
Well, once upon a time there was the void. And Trixie spoke: Let there be a post. And there was a post.

Over the course of ponythread, we've developed a host of OCs, and a network of some few alliances and mostly enemies. From time to time in ponythread, we'd go to war, until eventually KPenguin told us to take a hike to the free-form roleplay.

There is no meta-plot, and no DM. Much as I despise it, Godmode seems to be in full force, mostly in the form of saying what happens to your opponent. (EG, he won't throw a tree at you, he'll hit you with a thrown tree with no chance to dodge.) Best we can do is just try to live normally with the titans.

Tectonic Robot
2012-10-16, 01:23 PM
Seconding Balmas! Please don't say what happens to your opponent, it's very poor show. ^_^""

Balmas
2012-10-16, 01:57 PM
Seconding Balmas! Please don't say what happens to your opponent, it's very poor show. ^_^""

This post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9241295&postcount=3) has some very good points.

I'm not saying I'm perfect. For instance, Athena probably shouldn't have just grabbed Terra and ported out; that takes away her choice in the matter. Still, it's something to work on.

Tectonic Robot
2012-10-16, 03:08 PM
Well, there wasn't much chance of obscuring feather cloud from working anyway. ^^''

Also, Jackravia started the first thread! :o

Pokonic
2012-10-16, 04:35 PM
I don't know anything anymore.

Mmm, is there a cohesive meta plot...or something bringing this all together? What's the background for these shenanigans? All I know is pony thread shenanigans, that's it.

I think need some sort of well....more information than the none given in the OOC :p before I can lose my mind properly too.

Well, perhapes a basis for the ongoing Silent/Boffenspark feud.

It begain with a OFC attack breaking Silents coffee cup. Then, utter insanity. Something about a fire elemental plane.

Balmas
2012-10-16, 04:50 PM
Well, perhapes a basis for the ongoing Silent/Boffenspark feud.

It begain with a OFC attack breaking Silents coffee cup. Then, utter insanity. Something about a fire elemental plane.

Really? I had no idea this started from a coffee cup. What, did Celestia's student not want to spend six bucks for a replacement?

Pokonic
2012-10-16, 07:14 PM
Really? I had no idea this started from a coffee cup. What, did Celestia's student not want to spend six bucks for a replacement?

No, Silent declared war. I think the distruction of Alpacastan was next, because Silent was vacationing there.

After that, it kind of becomes a trail of sunshine, rainbows, and necromantic hijinks.

Pokonic
2012-10-17, 08:50 PM
Meanwhile, these four patiently await for this train to get rolling.
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/482970_269937546442227_1065158161_n.jpg

Tectonic Robot
2012-10-17, 10:03 PM
Will Sera be a good influence on Silent?

Stay tuned to find out!

Pokonic
2012-10-21, 03:13 PM
And so, the shark is not only jumped, but beaten to death, skinned, and reanimated.:smalltongue:

Balmas
2012-10-21, 05:31 PM
And so, the shark is not only jumped, but beaten to death, skinned, and reanimated.:smalltongue:

And we all get lovely shark-leather wallets.

Tectonic Robot
2012-10-25, 10:18 AM
Mah ponies be huggy.

Tectonic Robot
2012-10-25, 11:34 AM
In response to Tiki's latest post:

How the heck does magic work here, friends? 6_9

Just, like, D&D?

Balmas
2012-10-25, 02:22 PM
Tell the truth, I have no idea. I would theorize that it's more like D&D, except with non-Vancian spellcasting. You have a wide variety of spells, and these spells can be stored for use by non-unicorns.

Dive Bomb prefers to work with magic only as needed; for example, his arsenal of bombs has only three ingredients per bomb: magnets, glass, and antimatter. (So, strictly speaking, grenadiations would need very heavy modification, to the point of no longer resembling grenukes.)

Balmas
2012-10-26, 03:05 AM
Also, hugs are good. This Equestria needs more hugs.

Tectonic Robot
2012-10-26, 08:56 AM
True 'dat, dude. ^^

Posted because all quiet on the western front.

Tiki Snakes
2012-10-31, 10:30 PM
Well, meta-setting-wise, the pictures Balmas posted a little while back started as an attempt to get some kind of handle on the different shards of a setting that were kind of littered all over Ponythread, several of which were clearly entirely seperate continuities and/or equestrias. The ones I actually made were of the darker and more cohesive bits. Specifically, the mad-science equestria that Dive-Bomb and Boffinspark's existence suggests, the Undead heavy non-equestrian districts such as Staliongrad that Silent hails from and the extra-planar insanity that is Thubby and his plane of Gummy*.

The implication is firmly that there would be many different equestrias, but the only pony RP happening with any regularity in Ponythread was usually clearly in the same planar-neighborhood of the Canterlot that was destroyed in the events recently described in the IC thread.

Oh and Bleakmane is explicitely both from an her own alternate universe and a different world to Equestria anyway, due to her OOC origins.

*Gummy being a mysteriously failed attempt at making a pony that dissapeared through a crack in reality formed by the angle between two surfaces and was later adopted by Thubby. There is only one of Gummy, but the dimension he was sent to by Thubby has no linear time at all, so now there is an infinate number of this individual Gummy, with no cohesive time-line or real causality.

edit -

In response to Tiki's latest post:

How the heck does magic work here, friends? 6_9

Just, like, D&D?

Nah. Magic here runs entirely on handwavium.

There are two additional meta-level magic techniques practiced in thread.
The lesser of the two is to dictate events via posting of found images.
The greater and rarely practiced is to do the same but with images you have taken the trouble to actually create. These have significantly more power as you can clearly see events actually happening. :smallwink:

Pokonic
2012-11-01, 10:17 PM
And so, the mystery of Silents relations deepens.

Also, I had to make the joke.

http://www.deviantart.com/download/280824515/addams_ponies_by_drax99-d4n71kz.png

Tectonic Robot
2012-11-05, 02:09 PM
Due to me suddenly getting involved in Magic: The Gathering, I feel the crushing need to create an expy of the Orzhov church and the Ghost Council. Would fellows here be OK with such an entity arising in the chaos?

Balmas
2012-11-05, 04:12 PM
I don't think it would hurt, considering the mass of leaderless OC's we have right now.

Tectonic Robot
2012-11-05, 07:45 PM
...If Celestia had an anti-technology field, how did the grenukes go off?

Pokonic
2012-11-05, 08:23 PM
...If Celestia had an anti-technology field, how did the grenukes go off?

http://www.ponywallpapers.com/wallpapers/1/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-1372-640x400.jpg

Balmas
2012-11-05, 08:30 PM
Well, when you consider the construction of grenukes, there's not a lot of science to interfere with. They're antimatter in a glass shell, maintained in position through magnets; there's no science to destroy. So, really they'd still work.

For the same reason, the airship hasn't sunk. No steering, certainly, and no electric starter or throttle for the engines, but not sunk; helium continues to be buoyant, regardless of no-tech fields.

Tectonic Robot
2012-11-05, 09:14 PM
http://www.ponywallpapers.com/wallpapers/1/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-1372-640x400.jpg
:/

Well, when you consider the construction of grenukes, there's not a lot of science to interfere with. They're antimatter in a glass shell, maintained in position through magnets; there's no science to destroy. So, really they'd still work.

For the same reason, the airship hasn't sunk. No steering, certainly, and no electric starter or throttle for the engines, but not sunk; helium continues to be buoyant, regardless of no-tech fields.

Oh, well, I guess that makes sense. ^^

Also, I've had a bad case of the thoughts. Now I am all like, hey, let's see how many Ravnica guilds I can make expies of!

Orzhov: The Orzhov of Ravnica are basically ghost-mobster-ecclesiastical-necromantic-crazy fellows who are run by a council of the ghosts of the oldest and most powerful/rich members. If you can't pay your debts to them in life, they bind your ghost to their service until you've given them everything you owe. In Equestria, I think they'd be a faction which existed in between Discord's reign and Celestia and Luna's ascension. By using clever magics and powerful contracts, they managed to keep their slice of the world safe from Discord... and bled them dry of any wealth they had. After Celestia and Luna defeated Discord, the Orzhov refused to let their debtors ghosts go. C + L fought the council, and by exploiting some weakness in the magic that kept them together as ghosts, banished them into an orb. However, with the destruction of Canterlot, the ghost council is once again free, and they've been rebuilding their church/empire. Now they are starting to show their faces with the other super powers around Equestria.

Azorios: The Azorios Senate of Ravnica is the ruling body of the world. They're a bunch of beaucrats, law mages, and paladins who's goal is peace and stability through excessive laws and government. They've been said to act through not-acting, via taking forever to get any litigation done. Here, I think they'd be an entity based not in Equestria--maybe some sort of unicorn gryphon compact? After seeing the destruction of Canterlot and the disappearance of the Princesses, they've decided to annex what's left of Equestria and put it under their strict, unbending law. I think they'd make a nice counterpart to the insanity of the cults and Boffenspark, and the emphasis on counter-magic and organization means they can probably last more then five minutes here. ^^

Dimir: The Dimir are like, super sneaky secretive dudes. They have an information fetish, know a lot of memory-erasing stuff, and are assassin masters. In Ponyland, they would probably either have worked for Luna, or been an autonomous information amassing group. I'm worried they might infringe on the cult's turf, though.

Izzet: Mad scientists, in a nutshell! They'd probably be an outside Equestria R&D group. Unfortunately, we have Boffenspark and Dive Bomb covering the mad science angle. Maybe they'd be associates? I 'unno.

Rakdos: Crazy circus hedonists led by a sadistic demon with the attention span of a three year old. Unfortunately, we already have a cult!

Golgari: Mushroom necromancers, who love their bugs and zombies and decay and fungus-abominations. They also handled agriculture! In Equestria... probably... the same thing. Necromancer mushroom wizards who farmed. o_O

Gruul: Barbarians from the wild! Yaaaargh! They'd... probably be barbarians from the wild in Equestria! Lots of boars, maybe.

Boros Legion: The fighting force of Ravnica. If the Azorios make the laws, the Boros enforce them. In this world, they'd probably be their own out-of-Equestria organization, except with pegasi/gryphons making up the base. Also, they'd have all sorts of species serving, like diamond dogs and buffalo and dragons in addition to the others. The leaders would probably be angels, but not like Sera. Sera is not a judgement angel.

Selenysia Compact: Hippies! Collectist hippies who want everyone to be one and equal with everyone else, and work for the common good of nature, and also to get rid of individual personality. I'm seeing deer, guys. Mystical forest deer who have come for nature, and bringing with them all their big forest creatures. o.o

Simic: The Simic are biologic engineers. Unlike the Izzet, who are more absent minded professors, the Simic are cold blooded engineers who only wish to improve nature in the most efficient way possible. However, I think they also step on the toes of the science guys.

So, what do you all think? Any of them you would like to induct into the RP?

Balmas
2012-11-05, 10:53 PM
I want to see the Selenysia compact. They sound like fun.

Balmas
2012-11-06, 01:31 AM
(Deeply sorry. Hard to tell when god mode ends and ponythread begins. Or the other way around. Crap.)

Eh, no worries. If anything, Blunt is god-mode already by being indestructible. I mean, containing a blast equivalent to fifteen of the bombs that destroyed Hiroshima in his mouth has to be Godmode as heck.

Basic rule of thumb is that you don't dictate what happens to other characters, or destroy their things without their consent.

Pokonic
2012-11-06, 04:04 PM
Okay, so did Boffenspark literaly just rend a hole through the world, or is it like FF, in that it's just a measure of how powerful the spell was?

Tiki Snakes
2012-11-06, 04:43 PM
I'm sure he didn't intend it as such.

But neither did he clarify, so really isn't that up to whoever posts next? :smallcool:

Balmas
2012-11-06, 05:33 PM
GAME OVER.

CONTINUE? Y / N

Tiki Snakes
2012-11-06, 05:52 PM
The beauty is, the thread is so full of disgustingly powerful creatures that even with the planet smashed into chunks, I don't see that as a game-over scenario.

Edit - Hands up anyone who doesn't possess at least one OC capable of surviving in the void of space?

Balmas
2012-11-06, 06:12 PM
Well, Blunt would be fine; bored, and constantly rereading his collection of Ebooks on his communicator, but fine.

Athena might be fine; I haven't really decided about the full effects of alicornization. She'd probably wreak havoc on the inhabitants of whereever she lands, though.

Dive Bomb, my primary OC, is actually the weakest, physically. If he weren't researching interdimensional travel, he'd be dead, whether sooner or later.

And Silent and Boffinspark would still be fighting in open space.

Pokonic
2012-11-06, 06:49 PM
And Silent and Boffinspark would still be fighting in open space.

Quoted for truth. I cannot help but see the two, at the end of the universe, dueling on some far-away planet as the sun slowly turns red.

Actualy, for giggles, lets see which of my OC's would actualy be doomed if the world realy did shatter....

Nightcore may have the worst chance at surviving, but Glory would probably track her down and the two could probably make it to the EPoF. Charnel could probably bathe in the molten core of the world and be fine, to be honest. Infernia is chilling elsewhere, and Silent is....Silent.

Tectonic Robot
2012-11-07, 07:35 AM
Well, Candles has a bit of a secret advantage, so he and Sera would be able to escape, and they'd probably grab Thinking Cap and Terra and... what was Benson's OC's name?

Pokonic
2012-11-07, 07:04 PM
I something of mild interest:

If anyone watchs Adventure Time, Silent Night could roughtly be discribed almost flawlessly as the Ice King and the Lich mixed up together, with Hudson Abadeer added for personality.

I still don't know what this means.

Pokonic
2012-11-10, 05:34 PM
I have to make the joke:

Somber Night.

Whats worse, is that Silent would actualy be more powerful then his fellow dark-magic unicorn with a longer than normal horn who came from a land of frost and snow who also has the ability to transform into a shadow-beast thanks to the wonders of body-snatching.

Tectonic Robot
2012-11-10, 06:41 PM
I have to make the joke:

Somber Night.

Whats worse, is that Silent would actualy be more powerful then his fellow dark-magic unicorn with a longer than normal horn who came from a land of frost and snow who also has the ability to transform into a shadow-beast thanks to the wonders of body-snatching.

Silent Nights is OP, plz nerf

Pokonic
2012-11-15, 09:32 PM
Pfft, tell that to the other arch necromancer around. He's too cool to actualy do anything of note.:smallbiggrin:

Also, before someone says something about Charnel's coat patterns, it fits for the daughter of a fire elemental and a undead lich-ghost-shade thing.

Tectonic Robot
2012-11-15, 10:53 PM
Welp.

Now to hope Tiki's OC likes Sera enough to teleport her away.

Tiki Snakes
2012-11-15, 11:12 PM
That kind of would require Bleakmane's grasp of the situation being much sharper than it is, to be fair.

Tectonic Robot
2012-11-26, 11:11 AM
Sorry, I got distracted by Thanksgiving stuff. Will make a post!

Balmas
2012-11-26, 11:12 AM
No worries. ^^

Pokonic
2012-11-26, 05:48 PM
(Who's wing?)

Sera's, of course.

Pokonic
2012-11-27, 07:58 PM
I am so sorry, Forum Explorer.:smallbiggrin:

Fillies say the darndest things, eh?

Tiki Snakes
2012-11-27, 08:14 PM
Uhh...Did I miss something? Why is Charnel in the crystal caves now?

Pokonic
2012-11-27, 08:29 PM
Uhh...Did I miss something? Why is Charnel in the crystal caves now?

Athena made her "go away". It was vague enough that her popping into the closest "safety net" in the general area was a opportunity I could not pass up.

Wat did I do. Bah, she teliported thanks to magic. That might solve my stupid mistake.

Tiki Snakes
2012-11-27, 11:25 PM
Heh. So very random. :smallsmile:

Edit - Haha, random "Telipop" hijacked.

Balmas
2012-11-27, 11:27 PM
I'm assuming that since Athena was hugging Charnel, she went with Charnel during the teleportation.

Pokonic
2012-11-27, 11:41 PM
Hijacking other people's actions is a tradition in ponythread!:smallbiggrin:

Tiki Snakes
2012-11-27, 11:43 PM
The trick is to do it with style and in such a way as to provide hilarity/drama/etc.

If you can't, doing it in such a way as to increase the number of pictures of ponies in the world should also be encouraged. :smallwink:

Tectonic Robot
2012-11-30, 12:14 PM
Hrm. Considering ditching the Selesnya idea. What do ye others think?

Tiki Snakes
2012-11-30, 12:20 PM
The what now? I dont know what you mean.

Tectonic Robot
2012-11-30, 12:25 PM
Also, I've had a bad case of the thoughts. Now I am all like, hey, let's see how many Ravnica guilds I can make expies of!

Orzhov: The Orzhov of Ravnica are basically ghost-mobster-ecclesiastical-necromantic-crazy fellows who are run by a council of the ghosts of the oldest and most powerful/rich members. If you can't pay your debts to them in life, they bind your ghost to their service until you've given them everything you owe. In Equestria, I think they'd be a faction which existed in between Discord's reign and Celestia and Luna's ascension. By using clever magics and powerful contracts, they managed to keep their slice of the world safe from Discord... and bled them dry of any wealth they had. After Celestia and Luna defeated Discord, the Orzhov refused to let their debtors ghosts go. C + L fought the council, and by exploiting some weakness in the magic that kept them together as ghosts, banished them into an orb. However, with the destruction of Canterlot, the ghost council is once again free, and they've been rebuilding their church/empire. Now they are starting to show their faces with the other super powers around Equestria.

Azorios: The Azorios Senate of Ravnica is the ruling body of the world. They're a bunch of beaucrats, law mages, and paladins who's goal is peace and stability through excessive laws and government. They've been said to act through not-acting, via taking forever to get any litigation done. Here, I think they'd be an entity based not in Equestria--maybe some sort of unicorn gryphon compact? After seeing the destruction of Canterlot and the disappearance of the Princesses, they've decided to annex what's left of Equestria and put it under their strict, unbending law. I think they'd make a nice counterpart to the insanity of the cults and Boffenspark, and the emphasis on counter-magic and organization means they can probably last more then five minutes here. ^^

Dimir: The Dimir are like, super sneaky secretive dudes. They have an information fetish, know a lot of memory-erasing stuff, and are assassin masters. In Ponyland, they would probably either have worked for Luna, or been an autonomous information amassing group. I'm worried they might infringe on the cult's turf, though.

Izzet: Mad scientists, in a nutshell! They'd probably be an outside Equestria R&D group. Unfortunately, we have Boffenspark and Dive Bomb covering the mad science angle. Maybe they'd be associates? I 'unno.

Rakdos: Crazy circus hedonists led by a sadistic demon with the attention span of a three year old. Unfortunately, we already have a cult!

Golgari: Mushroom necromancers, who love their bugs and zombies and decay and fungus-abominations. They also handled agriculture! In Equestria... probably... the same thing. Necromancer mushroom wizards who farmed. o_O

Gruul: Barbarians from the wild! Yaaaargh! They'd... probably be barbarians from the wild in Equestria! Lots of boars, maybe.

Boros Legion: The fighting force of Ravnica. If the Azorios make the laws, the Boros enforce them. In this world, they'd probably be their own out-of-Equestria organization, except with pegasi/gryphons making up the base. Also, they'd have all sorts of species serving, like diamond dogs and buffalo and dragons in addition to the others. The leaders would probably be angels, but not like Sera. Sera is not a judgement angel.

Selenysia Compact: Hippies! Collectist hippies who want everyone to be one and equal with everyone else, and work for the common good of nature, and also to get rid of individual personality. I'm seeing deer, guys. Mystical forest deer who have come for nature, and bringing with them all their big forest creatures. o.o

Simic: The Simic are biologic engineers. Unlike the Izzet, who are more absent minded professors, the Simic are cold blooded engineers who only wish to improve nature in the most efficient way possible. However, I think they also step on the toes of the science guys.

So, what do you all think? Any of them you would like to induct into the RP?

I want to see the Selenysia compact. They sound like fun.

And you'll find a few posts alluding to them. However, I think I misintepreted the guild itself, and I don't think anyone else is quite interested in following up on it.

Balmas
2012-11-30, 01:38 PM
Well, we haven't actually had any interaction. So far, we've seen a shadowy counsel, but nobody knows about them. Kind of hard for characters to interact with things they don't know exist. Maybe bring them into the action?

Pokonic
2012-12-01, 01:29 AM
Hrm. Considering ditching the Selesnya idea. What do ye others think?

It all depends on how well you can juggle a few charecters around.

Also, hope that she does not chew the scenery.:smalltongue:

Tiki Snakes
2012-12-01, 01:36 AM
We've seen a shadowy council? Uh.
Even with having had it explained, I'm still oh so very minimally aware of what's going on. On the plus side, same goes for Bleakmane herself, so it all works.

Balmas
2012-12-01, 04:36 AM
Gee, Pokonic, way to show up everyone at once. In the course of this single scene, we've seen your characters
Summon a replacement Canterlot
Become a giant space dragon
Activate a previously unknown technological suppression field, which I've chosen to interpret as an EMP burst
Heal a bone with no explanation but "cause magic"
Have a filly start melting the replacement Canterlot by accident
Summon Nightmare Lulamoon

Li'l much, don't you think?:smallbiggrin:

Tiki Snakes
2012-12-01, 10:39 AM
Gee, Pokonic, way to show up everyone at once. In the course of this single scene, we've seen your characters
Activate a previously unknown technological suppression field, which I've chosen to interpret as an EMP burst

What did you expect? Ponythread rp continuity, in the sense of what formed this thread was always exactly this kind of disfunctional, overpowered mess with no rules and selectively applied continuity at best, with most major events explainable as "I found this cool picture, so it happened". Very, very few of the characters or behavior found in this thread and ponythread itself before it was moved out would be tolerated in an established freeform rp, that's the main reason I suggested the rp graduated to it's own thread rather than, say, join the existing freeform pony rp's.

None of us really have enough high-ground to throw stones on this issue. It's only really Thinking Cap who's a clear exception to all this. Candles and Sera are borderline. Bleakmane, Blunt Athena and so on are not. It's just how it is.

Balmas
2012-12-01, 12:12 PM
What did you expect? Ponythread rp continuity, in the sense of what formed this thread was always exactly this kind of disfunctional, overpowered mess with no rules and selectively applied continuity at best, with most major events explainable as "I found this cool picture, so it happened". Very, very few of the characters or behavior found in this thread and ponythread itself before it was moved out would be tolerated in an established freeform rp, that's the main reason I suggested the rp graduated to it's own thread rather than, say, join the existing freeform pony rp's.

None of us really have enough high-ground to throw stones on this issue. It's only really Thinking Cap who's a clear exception to all this. Candles and Sera are borderline. Bleakmane, Blunt Athena and so on are not. It's just how it is.

I'm quite aware of this. To my mind, that makes the fact that I pointed this out more valid, instead of less so.

Tiki Snakes
2012-12-01, 12:18 PM
For some reason, all I can think of is this one joke of the Jokers.

See, there were these two guys in a lunatic asylum... and one night, one night they decide they don't like living in an asylum any more. They decide they're going to escape! So, like, they get up onto the roof, and there, just across this narrow gap, they see the rooftops of the town, stretching away in the moon light... stretching away to freedom. Now, the first guy, he jumps right across with no problem. But his friend, his friend didn't dare make the leap. Y'see... Y'see, he's afraid of falling. So then, the first guy has an idea... He says 'Hey! I have my flashlight with me! I'll shine it across the gap between the buildings. You can walk along the beam and join me!' B-but the second guy just shakes his head. He suh-says... He says 'Wh-what do you think I am? Crazy? You'd turn it off when I was half way across!

Balmas
2012-12-01, 01:00 PM
For some reason, all I can think of is this one joke of the Jokers.

You sir, may have this win, for you made me laugh.

It reminds me of the joke about the blonde in a burning building; she tells the firefighters to put the net on the ground because she thinks they'll just move and let her go splat.

Pokonic
2012-12-01, 05:17 PM

Compared to insanity that has occured earlier?

No, honestly.:smallbiggrin:

Actualy, to be honest, the roleplay has always been over the top, but the Boffenspark-Silent feud just created a bubble that, when burst, would distroy any chance of this roleplay ever becoming "sane". If, for instance, one of the lower-powered charecters in this roleplay managed to find there way to Bridle Shore's, that little town would be obliterated in a half a page.

Balmas
2012-12-01, 06:40 PM
I've tried. The insanity will now commence. Thinking Cap, I'm sorry for the abomination that will now be witnessed.

Tectonic Robot
2012-12-05, 12:52 PM
*Ahemzles*

Er, if it's not too much to ask, if for some reason anyone gets into a fracas with one of my characters, would it be alright if fellows don't narrate the things that happen to them, and instead merely narrate the actions of their characters?

That would be reeeaaaally cool. Just throwing that out there.

Also, is permission to kill a thing here...? Or does character death just happen whenever?

Tiki Snakes
2012-12-05, 01:22 PM
If this was a civilized RP, or if we were even pretending to be, then usual rules would be that you never dictate the results of your actions when they affect another player's character, which would certainly cover character death, too.

I'm not sure it's something we can count on. I certainly try where appropriate to abide by those conventions, though.

Edit - To recap in an attempt to get my head around what just happened;
Boffinspark just broke the "Gummy Dimension" in an effort to destroy Thubby's...progenator/diety/something.

The Gummy Dimension was, correct me if I'm wrong Thubby, formed by taking an existing, random dimension and stuffing it full of Gummy until there was only Gummy left. This stage is timey-whimey as there are many Gummies but Gummy is a discrete single entity. Or was. Or is. Yeah, Timey Whimey.

And this is, of course, just as planned. Right?

Edit 2 - Ponythread RP cosmology is tricky to keep track of.

Balmas
2012-12-05, 02:27 PM
I'd like to think that people would have the common courtesy to not narrate the actions of others, especially what happens to them. In general, my policy is to avoid doing it to others. If they do something that's just blatantly godmode or affects me and mine overmuch, I'll tell them so politely and ignore it. So, if say, Boffinspark opened a portal to Dive Bomb's lab, stepped out, and shot him in the head, I wouldn't try to deus ex machina or No Sell my way out; I'd just say that he's out of line and ignore it.

Pokonic
2012-12-06, 10:16 PM

Also, is permission to kill a thing here...? Or does character death just happen whenever?

Silent did die once. But then he came back by a slowly taking over Nightcore's body, so I guess that does not count.

In essance, you could probably kill whoever you want, but check first if it's okay with whomever is using the charecter or they have a way of coming back. For instance, Silent has suffered:

Being reduced to burnt bones (twice)

Being fused to the ground by his legs, then have them sawed off.

Boffenspark's OFC's, at least a few dozen times.

Nightcore's attempts at killing him, which included causing every one of his bones to be reduced to powder (ah, sound magic)

Relgen's dragonic form, and the subsiquent summoning match that insued between the two.

Igor's physical assaults. Take note that Silent is a squishy corpse.

Being frozen solid and then being shattered.

Pink One-based attacks.

Being turned into a Muffen-Pony. While chased by Derpy-Ninjas.

Being turned into a mouse.

Having a schizotypal filly with untold amounts of power for a technical daugher. Also produces fire that can actualy hurt him.

And that's just on the top of my head.
I'd like to think that people would have the common courtesy to not narrate the actions of others, especially what happens to them. In general, my policy is to avoid doing it to others. If they do something that's just blatantly godmode or affects me and mine overmuch, I'll tell them so politely and ignore it. So, if say, Boffinspark opened a portal to Dive Bomb's lab, stepped out, and shot him in the head, I wouldn't try to deus ex machina or No Sell my way out; I'd just say that he's out of line and ignore it.

I have to agree with this in general, and would like to use a example. Also, pick slightly on thubby.:smallbiggrin:

ah, glory, just the creature i was hoping to see
*bites*
*drains power*
*begins regenerating while sapping the life from glory*

First off, this assumes that Glory is not like, some godly shapeshifter-elder god-thing in the shape of a pony. Heck, she was actualy created for the single reason to make a pony roughly equal power-wise with Thubby, if far less willing to go all-out like he is.

Preferably, I would have written something along the lines of

"Thubby attempted to bite down on Glory's sweet, sweet neck and consume her life energy"

Now, more than likely, Glory could have fought back. Perhapes it would have sprialed into a giant battle where half the OC's attempt to get away from. Ces't la vie.

(i was thinking back of the neck, similar to where a dog would bite another if it were actually trying to cause harm)
*shakes glory violently by the neck till she stops resisting*
*tosses her into a gummy portal*
i really am sorry about this
*dimension anchors her*
but after that skirmish with the fire brat and then the fleshling's pink one contractor, i was left rather... hungry

sadly, you're the only one around here that makes a good meal.
you understand

This one honestly annoys me to the point that I have a genuine need to post this.

:smallmad:

No choice on the matter of the other player. "Glory gets overwhelmed and gets thrown in the gummy pit" No choice. "Thubby shakes harder on the stubbern mare with his teeth" would have been a better option, frankly.

Tiki Snakes
2012-12-06, 10:24 PM
I'm not even sure if Thubby is following the OOC thread, to be quite honest.

Balmas
2012-12-07, 02:40 AM
Silent did die once. But then he came back by a slowly taking over Nightcore's body, so I guess that does not count.

In essance, you could probably kill whoever you want, but check first if it's okay with whomever is using the charecter or they have a way of coming back. For instance, Silent has suffered:

Being reduced to burnt bones (twice)

Being fused to the ground by his legs, then have them sawed off.

Boffenspark's OFC's, at least a few dozen times.

Nightcore's attempts at killing him, which included causing every one of his bones to be reduced to powder (ah, sound magic)

Relgen's dragonic form, and the subsiquent summoning match that insued between the two.

Igor's physical assaults. Take note that Silent is a squishy corpse.

Being frozen solid and then being shattered.

Pink One-based attacks.

Being turned into a Muffen-Pony. While chased by Derpy-Ninjas.

Being turned into a mouse.

Having a schizotypal filly with untold amounts of power for a technical daugher. Also produces fire that can actualy hurt him.

And that's just on the top of my head.

Yeah, but Silent is kind of a special case. :smallbiggrin: Let's not forget him taking the equivalent of six nukes to the face. I kind of want to know the story behind the derpy-ninjas.

It may be a futile effort, but eventually we'll get closer to a civilized FFRP.

(If Thubby doesn't come here, maybe a PM is in order?)

Tectonic Robot
2012-12-07, 12:27 PM
Mmyes, thubby's posts were the ones that inspired me to make my little statement. >_>; Thank you for the summarization, Silent, 's pretty much what I was going for. ^^

(Nothing against thubby, obviously, 's just that was uncool. <_<)

Tiki Snakes
2012-12-08, 12:44 AM
If it's important to y'all, it's only fair that you send him a link or something, aye.
*shrug*

Pokonic
2012-12-09, 09:37 PM
I honestly have no idea what Bleakmane's home base is like, so Charnel's idea is as much as a guess from me as from her.:smallbiggrin:

Tiki Snakes
2012-12-09, 09:48 PM
Feature, not a bug. :smallsmile:

Pokonic
2012-12-10, 11:18 PM
Feature, not a bug. :smallsmile:

Indeed.

Also, please tell me theres a better way to pony-fy Antichrist then "Anticorn". I had a physical reaction to typing that.:smalltongue:

Tiki Snakes
2012-12-11, 04:24 PM
Indeed.

Also, please tell me theres a better way to pony-fy Antichrist then "Anticorn". I had a physical reaction to typing that.:smalltongue:

There is.
Don't. :smalltongue:

Edit - No, really, Pony deserves it's own cosmology, simply ponifying real world stuff can suffice now and again, but genuine invention is much more fun.

Also, think your link might be broken. Is this (working and) the picture you were after?
http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/_521629eec9da182dee1d178ac82fc3b1.png
Pretty cool, in a rough kind of way.

Pokonic
2012-12-11, 04:56 PM
There is.
Don't. :smalltongue:

Edit - No, really, Pony deserves it's own cosmology, simply ponifying real world stuff can suffice now and again, but genuine invention is much more fun.

Also, think your link might be broken. Is this (working and) the picture you were after?
http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/_521629eec9da182dee1d178ac82fc3b1.png
Pretty cool, in a rough kind of way.

It's not showing up, but I think it's the same one. Here's a attempted reposting of the picture.
http://static2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/i+don+t+need+an+army+to+take+over+canterlot+or+_52 1629eec9da182dee1d178ac82fc3b1.png

Anyway, it's supposed to be a picture of Canterlot that's sort of shattered, with some parts being night and others day.

ParagonOfApathy
2012-12-12, 04:52 AM
Grand Archwizard 1st Tier Sorlaq the Clever, the Invincible, Destroyer of Nations, Smiter of Glurgnog, Wielder of Ushuman, Once and Future King of Durqa, Conqueror of Continents, Bannerman of the Ur-Kings, Thief of the Night Shadow, Bearer of Many Titles...

Powerful wizard, from another plane of existence entirely.
He's an adventurer, which is code for "violently psychopathic kleptomaniac," with a mild (read: serious) case of egomania.

Most notable is that he is, in fact, not a pony.

(I will keep adding more titles as I think of them)

Balmas
2012-12-12, 11:31 AM
Grand Archwizard 1st Tier Sorlaq the Clever, the Invincible, Destroyer of Nations, Smiter of Glurgnog, Wielder of Ushuman, Once and Future King of Durqa, Bearer of Many Titles...

Powerful wizard, from another plane of existence entirely.
He's an adventurer, which is code for "violently psychopathic kleptomaniac," with a mild (read: serious) case of egomania.

Most notable is that he is, in fact, not a pony.

(I will keep adding more titles as I think of them)

Considering we have a violently psychopathic scientist, a violently psychopathic cult leader, and a less-violent-but-no-less-psychopathic mad genius, he'll fit right in.

Tectonic Robot
2012-12-12, 12:29 PM
*Pushes his OCs into a corner*

I should make some brutes just for the sake of people having things to fight. @[email protected]

Tiki Snakes
2012-12-12, 01:27 PM
That is perhaps the very last thing the thread needs. How can you fight for the soul of Ponythread RP if you throw yours away for real ultimate power? :smallwink:

Though admittedly, there's no way I'm throwing my nicer OC into this bear pit of a reality.

Tectonic Robot
2012-12-12, 02:12 PM
Yes. I'm worried the pirhanas swarming about will consume them entirely. D:

Although Candles has defenses, and I'm fairly certain Sera could be two motes of bone Silent in a fight. Maybe. >_>

Balmas
2012-12-12, 03:11 PM
Pluck him off your wing and grind him under your hoof! It's the only way!

Pokonic
2012-12-12, 08:50 PM
The plot thickens!

Remember, when there is a person your charecters are not interacting with, make a new OC.:smallbiggrin:

Balmas
2012-12-13, 05:47 AM
The plot thickens!

Remember, when there is a person your charecters are not interacting with, make a new OC.:smallbiggrin:

And it that doesn't work, assign new powers to an old OC. ^^

ParagonOfApathy
2012-12-13, 05:53 AM
Just because I can, I'm actually playing this guy as level 20 Wizard, from the Pathfinder ruleset, at least as far as his spells are concerned. I even have a spell list and prepared spells. I'm pulling his magic straight out of the rulebook.

Since not everybody's familiar with D&D/Pathfinder, If I cast a spell on someone, I'll explain what it does ((In OOC voice)) and give you a chance to resist/react.

Also, as a godmodding reminder, high level wizards are VERY slippery, and even if they can't blast their way out of a situation, a prepared wizard can escape from almost anything.

Pokonic
2012-12-13, 09:14 PM
Okay:

The plan was to get a bunch of viable souls in the area, and to use Charnel's inevitable fire-starting to his advantage. Then, after getting a massive amount of ambient souls and such in the area, use the energy from the "bombs" under the castle that Boffenspark would eventualy set off as a catalyst to turn into that.

Of course, this was the very last thing he wished to resort too, but still.:smallbiggrin:

Tiki Snakes
2012-12-13, 09:31 PM
Okay:

The plan was to get a bunch of viable souls in the area, and to use Charnel's inevitable fire-starting to his advantage. Then, after getting a massive amount of ambient souls and such in the area, use the energy from the "bombs" under the castle that Boffenspark would eventualy set off as a catalyst to turn into that.

Of course, this was the very last thing he wished to resort too, but still.:smallbiggrin:

Half a dozen Cyber-Bears don't seem like a particularly spectacular harvest, though. :smallconfused:

Pokonic
2012-12-13, 10:09 PM
Half a dozen Cyber-Bears don't seem like a particularly spectacular harvest, though. :smallconfused:

Well, there is that shipfull of ponies that Ponyville evacuated into in a bites reach. :smallbiggrin:

He's running on anything that could be called "evil" that's on the surface near Canter-Not, the fires and smoke caused by charnel, the bones of the bears and the fish, and is basicly making a body by soaking up all that sweet, sweet energy that just got unleashed thanks to Boffenspark.

Balmas
2012-12-13, 10:44 PM
Just because I can, I'm actually playing this guy as level 20 Wizard, from the Pathfinder ruleset, at least as far as his spells are concerned. I even have a spell list and prepared spells. I'm pulling his magic straight out of the rulebook.

Since not everybody's familiar with D&D/Pathfinder, If I cast a spell on someone, I'll explain what it does ((In OOC voice)) and give you a chance to resist/react.

Also, as a godmodding reminder, high level wizards are VERY slippery, and even if they can't blast their way out of a situation, a prepared wizard can escape from almost anything.

Just so you know, you may get a little bit frustrated by this approach. It's a long standing Ponythread RP tradition to No Sell or flat out ignore attacks; power level is at or above CR 20 in most cases. Silent Night is undead, and is pretty much a lich without a phylactery. (He recently took the equivalent of six nukes to the face. That was less than a day ago.) Blunt Trauma is a frankensteinien amalgamation of ponies, dragon, and diamond dog, and is flat-out indestructible. (He was the one delivering the six nukes; he did it by shoving them in his mouth, biting down, and aiming at Silent.) Alabenson is a genetically modified unicorn; he's part pheonix, immune to fire, married to a fire goddess, and is generally not seen physically. Dive Bomb looks like a normal pony, but has genetically enhanced himself to be part dragon, part bear, part manticore. He's producing technology that is centuries ahead of others, such as airships, power armor, a reality extraction ray, and a minigun that creates a beam of fusion reactions through firing bullets at around .8c. That's not even mentioning the arsenal of hand-held antimatter grenukes.

So, yeah. TL:DR: ponythread doesn't play fair. It's a constant stream of one-upmanship, broken by a few stellar examples of actual roleplay.

Alabenson
2012-12-15, 11:51 PM
Just so you know, you may get a little bit frustrated by this approach. It's a long standing Ponythread RP tradition to No Sell or flat out ignore attacks; power level is at or above CR 20 in most cases. Silent Night is undead, and is pretty much a lich without a phylactery. (He recently took the equivalent of six nukes to the face. That was less than a day ago.) Blunt Trauma is a frankensteinien amalgamation of ponies, dragon, and diamond dog, and is flat-out indestructible. (He was the one delivering the six nukes; he did it by shoving them in his mouth, biting down, and aiming at Silent.) Alabenson is a genetically modified unicorn; he's part pheonix, immune to fire, married to a fire goddess, and is generally not seen physically. Dive Bomb looks like a normal pony, but has genetically enhanced himself to be part dragon, part bear, part manticore. He's producing technology that is centuries ahead of others, such as airships, power armor, a reality extraction ray, and a minigun that creates a beam of fusion reactions through firing bullets at around .8c. That's not even mentioning the arsenal of hand-held antimatter grenukes.

So, yeah. TL:DR: ponythread doesn't play fair. It's a constant stream of one-upmanship, broken by a few stellar examples of actual roleplay.

To put what Balmas is saying about the average power-level here into a D&D perspective;
One of the characters I'm running is Prince Regeln; in D&D terms of power Regeln would be a great wyrm gold dragon with upwards of a dozen levels of sorceror on top of his natural spellcasting, putting his effectve sorceror level in the mid to low 30's.
Regeln likely wouldn't even make it into the top 5 most powerful characters running around here. Possibly not even the top 10.

To be honest, the best way to describe combat in this RP is DBZ levels of ponysanity.

Tectonic Robot
2012-12-17, 10:05 AM
Sorry I've been absent, distracted by myriad things! @[email protected]

Tiki Snakes
2012-12-17, 01:49 PM
To put what Balmas is saying about the average power-level here into a D&D perspective;
One of the characters I'm running is Prince Regeln; in D&D terms of power Regeln would be a great wyrm gold dragon with upwards of a dozen levels of sorceror on top of his natural spellcasting, putting his effectve sorceror level in the mid to low 30's.
Regeln likely wouldn't even make it into the top 5 most powerful characters running around here. Possibly not even the top 10.

To be honest, the best way to describe combat in this RP is DBZ levels of ponysanity.

Ponythread RP is like an Asylum for the Criminally Insane Overpowered. The question you have to ask yourself is, are your OCs Inmates or Staff? :smallwink:

Pokonic
2012-12-17, 09:18 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxr787eJNN1r3f4uoo1_1280.jpg

.....For Silent, anyway.

Yes, realy, it is nearly time for the old leatherbag to kick it. The nigh-invulnerable possessive shade-beast that is my main OC has finaly hit the Mary Sue roof, surprisingly quicker than his black-on-red half fire elemental daughter. Hinted to be the local stand in for Rasputin and who knows what else, with more backstories then he has hooves and has survived nightmare knows how many attempts on his un-life, this is probably the last time he could feasably be in the spotlight and me feel good for using him.

I mean, realy, he possessed Celestia. If Boffenspark finds a way beat him, he's crawling to the frozen north for a few generations to nurse his wounds.

But who will take his place?

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/314/7/3/metal_belle_by_bronyboy-d4fs9gr.png

Nightcore! She's been out of the spotlight for a while, anyway.

Tiki Snakes
2012-12-17, 09:26 PM
There's a certain perverse bravura to the thing, and I do have to tip my hat to the timing, with Celestia having been publicly mentioned as missing since Canterlot exploded so many times and stuff.

The funny thing is, compared to some of the stuff that's gone on, this isn't even really that audacious, (except in the sense that it interacts directly with a canon character, which I concede is kind of a thing.)

Will be interesting to see how this develops.

Pokonic
2012-12-17, 10:52 PM
Cue Silent's death theme. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXtBb8vbnKg)

Alabenson
2012-12-18, 12:01 AM
http://cdn.head-fi.org/2/2a/2a2a8f5b_Rainbow-Dash-American-salute-486.png

R.I.P. Silent Night, you were a worthy adversary.

Balmas
2012-12-18, 01:47 AM
Wow... just... wow. For as long as I've been here, Silent has been there, that annoying bastion of indestructibility. For him to die may actually require me to depower some of my OCs...

Balmas
2012-12-18, 02:50 AM
Hey, Pokonic, here's a thought: how would you like for Silent to survive, but essentially be transferred to a different dimension? Seems like a good way to go out: go down with the castle and start up the same deal in a new world.

Pokonic
2012-12-18, 02:51 PM
Hey, Pokonic, here's a thought: how would you like for Silent to survive, but essentially be transferred to a different dimension? Seems like a good way to go out: go down with the castle and start up the same deal in a new world.

Well, Silent's probably coming back (High Priest and all), but not as a "main" charecter.

Tiki Snakes
2012-12-18, 04:05 PM
Well, Silent's probably coming back (High Priest and all), but not as a "main" charecter.

Should he though? The way I look at it, there is a sense in which Silent Night can forever have won. He can, in one particular sense and entirely subjectively, gain the moral high-ground on a meta level of this particular long running fued, by being classy enough to lose, die and actually stay dead.

Just a thought.

Edit - You know what? I spoke too soon. There's no release program for THIS asylum.

Pokonic
2012-12-18, 11:21 PM
To be fair, it was going to happen, the question was "when"?

That time is now.:smallbiggrin:

Tiki Snakes
2012-12-19, 10:53 AM
This sums up my problem with over-reliance on conflict-via-posting-random-pictures, it becomes increasingly difficult to figure out what is actually going on. I have literally no idea of what body Celestia's soul is supposed to be in, or where those Alicorned Canon-Characters came from.

Oh well.

Alabenson
2012-12-19, 12:26 PM
This sums up my problem with over-reliance on conflict-via-posting-random-pictures, it becomes increasingly difficult to figure out what is actually going on. I have literally no idea of what body Celestia's soul is supposed to be in, or where those Alicorned Canon-Characters came from.

Oh well.

Well, to sumarize, Celestia and Cadance's souls have been transferred to Pinkie Clones, and the Nightmare's escape has inadvertently triggered a chaos breach which is now spontaneously generating Nightmare Whoever's.

Balmas
2012-12-19, 06:35 PM
All of which is currently occuring in a strange alternate universe.

Pokonic
2012-12-19, 06:40 PM
Also, the Nightmare is currantly abusing Love-based magic for....giggles, mostly.

Celestia x Glass Container OTS!

Tiki Snakes
2012-12-19, 06:46 PM
All of which is currently occuring in a strange alternate universe.

I've pretty much been assuming this from before day 1, might I point out. Hence all that talk of reality-shards and so on. The setting for the thread RP, as explored in ponythread RP and previously in the motherland Ponythreads itself is defined, for me, by the confluence of the grimdark Shards of continuity that Boffinspark, Silent, and to a degree DiveBomb represent.

If you're saying that there has been a dimensional transition at some point recently, you may have to point out to me who transitioned when to where because I think I missed that. It is so hard to keep track, sometimes.

Balmas
2012-12-19, 07:56 PM
I've pretty much been assuming this from before day 1, might I point out. Hence all that talk of reality-shards and so on. The setting for the thread RP, as explored in ponythread RP and previously in the motherland Ponythreads itself is defined, for me, by the confluence of the grimdark Shards of continuity that Boffinspark, Silent, and to a degree DiveBomb represent.

If you're saying that there has been a dimensional transition at some point recently, you may have to point out to me who transitioned when to where because I think I missed that. It is so hard to keep track, sometimes.

Basically, Dive Bomb flew a trans-dimensional portal over the canterhorn and shoved it into a different universe.

Alabenson
2012-12-19, 10:46 PM
Basically, Dive Bomb flew a trans-dimensional portal over the canterhorn and shoved it into a different universe.

That by itself wouldn't have impacted the current insanity, as Boffinspark moved himself and Celestia (along with the Nightmare) aboard the DERPY II before the spell swallowed the canterhorn.

Charnel, on the other hoof, along with a few of Boffinspark's creations and whoever else was in Canterlot at the time, would presumably have been warped away.

Balmas
2012-12-19, 11:44 PM
So, just checking on my understanding of everypony's locations:

Canterhorn: Alternate, low magic universe.
Athena, Thinking Cap, Charnel in Canterhorn tunnels.

Canterhorn crater: Pushing Daisies, Curiosity
Airspace near Canterhorn crater: Blunt Trauma in airship full of refugees, Tinsel in Tin Pony Army airship with more refugees, sixteen BTech drones equipped with dimensional portal and reality extractor technology

Derpy II: Boffinspark, Celestia, Nightmare, Igor, OctiPinkie, and I think Silent Night? Not sure exactly what's happening in the clash of the titans.

Mountain Base: Dive Bomb, prototype dimensional portal, various different technologies.

Tiki Snakes
2012-12-19, 11:51 PM
Derpy II: Boffinspark, Celestia, Nightmare, Igor, OctiPinkie, and I think Silent Night? Not sure exactly what's happening in the clash of the titans.

And about a dozen or more former Celestia Clones, apparently awakened by and/or inhabited by Joyreaper, Bleakmane's second in command. (It is unclear, they didn't really explain.) Though they are largely engaging in a private farce and being ignored by the more serious minded ponies present.

Alabenson
2012-12-20, 12:20 AM

Cadance, Regeln, Nightcore, Glory, Pyria, and a new antagonist I haven't fully introduced yet are there as well.

Silent Night is, as far as I can tell, still dead (as opposed to undead). Though given some parts of the various conversations it looks like this is going to be less RIP for him and more BRB.

Pokonic
2012-12-22, 06:12 PM
Clarification: Silent Night is dead. For now.

Also, Glory and Nightcore have no idea whats going on, with Nightcore being a dopy mess infused with all sorts of squishy pink emotions by the Nightmare-possessed Candance and Glory immune to the magic being thrown around but not realy caring. Also, they both think that it's Silent possessing Candance.

Tiki Snakes
2012-12-24, 11:17 PM
...I have no words.:smallsigh:

ParagonOfApathy
2012-12-25, 01:56 AM
Airspace near Canterhorn crater: Blunt Trauma in airship full of refugees, Tinsel in Tin Pony Army airship with more refugees, sixteen BTech drones equipped with dimensional portal and reality extractor technology

You forgot Grand Archwizard 1st Tier Sorlaq the Clever, the Invincible, Destroyer of Nations, Smiter of Glurgnog, Wielder of Ushuman, Once and Future King of Durqa, Conqueror of Continents, Bannerman of the Ur-Kings, Thief of the Night Shadow, Singer of the Fifth Song, All-Captain of the Krakatoa, Bearer of Many Titles... who is also on the airship with Tinsel

Yes, that's more titles than last time. I'm not done making them up yet.

Tectonic Robot
2012-12-27, 03:33 PM
I, um, am not up to date. What caused Tiki to have no words? ^^''

Tiki Snakes
2012-12-27, 03:46 PM
I, um, am not up to date. What caused Tiki to have no words? ^^''

The post where Discord lent his power to Boffinspark and the related posts of that general period in the exchange. They robbed me of the power of communication.

Tectonic Robot
2012-12-27, 06:29 PM
I might drop out of the roleplay for a little while longer. >_>

Alabenson
2012-12-27, 11:16 PM
I might drop out of the roleplay for a little while longer. >_>

To be fair, that was a highly temporary situation (Boffinspark only held onto the power for two posts and lost it by the third), and it came about through a series of events that were a) out of Boffinspark's control and b) are not likely going to repeat themselves.

Balmas
2012-12-29, 02:37 AM
Though I note that the last time Discord appeared was also during one of your posts.:smallconfused:

Maybe we should just leave god figures like Discord, Celestia, and Luna out of the roleplay. Or at least leave them outside the Boffinspark-Silent feud. Does that sound reasonable?

Tiki Snakes
2012-12-29, 01:26 PM
Personally I'd be in favour of a blanket ban on using canon characters as anything other than background colour (and preferably to a minimum even then). As a compromise, I'd certainly back a proposal to ban the use of canon godlike or pseudo godlike characters to reinforce ones OC's.

There's rampant, shameless Godmodding and there's taking the mickey.

Any series of exchanges which features Celestia, the entire cast of the mane six(Alicornised), Discord and Chrysalis coming to the same characters aid is simply taking things too far even by what few standards Ponythread RP usually runs at.

Balmas
2012-12-29, 04:05 PM
I like this idea. Perhaps the only link allowed to canon figures is that of backstory?

Tiki Snakes
2012-12-30, 12:00 PM
I don't know. Perhaps. And at the end of the day, without unanimous support the idea isn't going anywhere.

Alabenson
2012-12-30, 12:05 PM
I'm fine with this myself; to be honest the last series of exchanges were getting to be a bit much even for me.

Tiki Snakes
2012-12-30, 12:12 PM
I think it's the equivalent of a nuclear non-proliferation treaty for Ponythread RP.

An endeavor with noble aims that will serve the greater good, but if anyone refuses to sign up, pretty much worthless in the greater scheme of things. :smallwink:

Pokonic
2013-01-03, 11:40 PM
On the blanket canon ban: I agree.

Also, to recap:

Nightcore and Glory are snuggling away in a corner of the airship.

Charnel is in the middle of the now-hellish Canterhorn.

And Pushing Daisies is...still on Steel's back?

Balmas
2013-01-04, 12:52 AM
On the blanket canon ban: I agree.

Also, to recap:

Nightcore and Glory are snuggling away in a corner of the airship.

Charnel is in the middle of the now-hellish Canterhorn.

And Pushing Daisies is...still on Steel's back?

Who is, himself, sitting in the crater where the Canterhorn used to be, having tunneled out just before the Canterhorn was teleported.

Tiki Snakes
2013-01-05, 10:31 PM
I have no real idea where the various freed clones have gotten to, partly because I have no idea where Boffinspark's place/ship/etc was where all of that was happening. The two in the last post there are somewhere distant from wherever they escaped from, and the various other Clonicorns are, by now, one or more of the following;

Dead due to bumping into crazy Boffinspark thingies.
Dead due to each other.
Dead due to misadventure.
Dead due to a technicality, having been rescued by and recruited by Bleakmane the Space Vampire Unicorn Princess
Elsewhere in Equestria or beyond, having been rescued but not recruited by Bleakmane the Space Vampire Unicorn Princess.
Elsewhere in Equestria having gotten there under their own power.
On another plane, having gotten there either under their own power or via misadventure.

And so on.

Named Clonicorns so far, we have Exposition, Curious and Frantic.
Curious's mane is still a Tia'ish shade of pink. Expositions mane is a light blue, and Frantic's mane is a vibrant red. None of their mane's swirl or do weird Alicorn things, being basically normal manes like Cadence posesses rather than Celestia or Luna's magical looking manes.

Some, all, or none of the Clonicorns may ever turn up in the thread again. :smallsmile:

Pokonic
2013-01-06, 07:21 PM
I would also reserve some Clonicorns, seeing as several are making up Nightcore's bed/lounge chair/throne. Let's say that there all still under a minor Nightmare-induced love spell.

Tiki Snakes
2013-01-06, 07:52 PM
I would also reserve some Clonicorns, seeing as several are making up Nightcore's bed/lounge chair/throne. Let's say that there all still under a minor Nightmare-induced love spell.

Given this is Boffinspark we're talking about, I figure there were plenty of cloned bodies to go around. Some won't even have been awakened. And plenty of the awakened Clonicorns would have stumbled dumbly into just such magic, so that works.

Note; most Clonicorns will have only rudimentary unicorn magic, or worse. Only a few will retain any knowledge of or talent for Blood Magic and fewer still would be capable of surviving using it. Some Clonicorns will have formed around very strange personality fragments, consult a trained professional before use.

If in doubt, consult manifacturer for a list of potential Clonicorn use side-effects.

Pokonic
2013-01-08, 01:03 AM
Given this is Boffinspark we're talking about, I figure there were plenty of cloned bodies to go around. Some won't even have been awakened. And plenty of the awakened Clonicorns would have stumbled dumbly into just such magic, so that works.

Note; most Clonicorns will have only rudimentary unicorn magic, or worse. Only a few will retain any knowledge of or talent for Blood Magic and fewer still would be capable of surviving using it. Some Clonicorns will have formed around very strange personality fragments, consult a trained professional before use.

If in doubt, consult manifacturer for a list of potential Clonicorn use side-effects.

Note: Eternal life is not for wimps. Make sure you get the divine package beforehand, unless you want to end up cracking like a egg.

She's mostly fine, but she's acting like a filly to cope with the crazy.

Also, squilchcrunch is the most sickening sound effect I could think of.

Tiki Snakes
2013-01-13, 11:26 AM
Notes- Necromantic Energies does not refer to negative energy in the D&D sense.

Also, effectively what just happened was a very vulgar (in the Mage the Awakening sense) spell that basically killed the space between where (Oushing Daisies) was and where the caster wanted her to be (ie, outside of the radius of volcanofication).

Edit - Why is it, I wonder, That I'm getting a very strong and slightly dissappointing sense of Deja vu? My mistake, I'm sure.

Pokonic
2013-01-20, 02:06 AM
Edit - Why is it, I wonder, That I'm getting a very strong and slightly dissappointing sense of Deja vu? My mistake, I'm sure.

Possibly that everything runs in circles?

Of mutral distruction?

That generaly everyone gets out of unscathed for the most part?

Pokonic
2013-02-03, 04:22 PM
Er, guys?

Anybody?

Hello?

Is this thing on?

Balmas
2013-02-03, 04:42 PM
Testing... testing one two three!

I'm somewhat at a loss, right now. Neither OTS nor the wizard has replied to Blunt in the Airship, Forum Explorer has dropped off the face of the planet--kind of screws over Athena in the molten Canterhorn, unless she meets up with... I want to say Charnel? What's her name?--, and Dive Bomb is off working on trans-dimensional gateways. Foundry is in Alabenson's airship, and I hesitate to describe someone else's area. Until I have more detail, I can't really say stuff.

Alabenson
2013-02-06, 10:07 PM
Sadly, one of the downsides of employment is that nine and a half hour workdays really cut into the amount of available RP time :smallannoyed:.

On the plus side, I think this is officially the longest Ponythread RP has gone without anypony trying to kill and/or maim anypony else.

Balmas
2013-02-06, 10:59 PM
On the plus side, I think this is officially the longest Ponythread RP has gone without anypony trying to kill and/or maim anypony else.

We must be losing our touch.

Pokonic
2013-02-07, 12:12 AM

Give it time.

Balmas
2013-02-21, 03:09 AM
*twiddles fingers* La-di-dah, and all that jazz...

Tiki Snakes
2013-03-17, 11:55 PM
I checked, it's only necromancy after six weeks.
Or if it involves black candles, a chicken and a kitchen knife.

Uh, yeah.

I'm not entirely sure which of us Boffinspark was addressing there, so I asked for clarification in-character. It's hard to keep track sometimes.

Alabenson
2013-03-24, 10:38 AM
Unfortuneatly, I have to wait until sundays before I have time to respond to anything. I'm doing tax preparation at a CPA's office right now, and that means nearly 12-hour days 6 days a week this time of year.

Pokonic
2013-04-08, 08:09 PM
Took liberties with the portal, for giggles and stuff.

Also, alas, it's the only size that picture comes in.

Alabenson
2013-05-05, 09:52 PM
...Is anyone else there?

Rater202
2013-06-24, 06:13 PM
Hello, I want in.

My O.C is effectivly my Character from AdventureQuest, from a timeline were he lift his dimension and came to this one to study it.

His name is Shadow Claw.
He is a Dracopyre, a combination of Vampire werewolf and dragon. He is also A master wizard, and has trained in almost every type of magic in his home world of lore, and is in fact one of the few beings to be able to wield the powers of a Necromancer and a paladin(Not mutually exclusive on Lore, and in fact are different applications of the same type of magic)

Everything he says he has done is something that I have done while playing the Game. I will attempt to not include things done after his introduction, cause parallel timelines and crap.

Despite being Undead and a necromancer, he is not Evil. He is Technically Good, but is on the border to neutrality. He is mostly in it for research, but does have a soft spot for children, and cute animals (which is why he came to study Equestria)

He spends most of his time in his transformed state depicted below, because its Draconic traits allow him blend in better than his Human form does.http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w85/Pie_Eata/DracopyreOfNight.jpg

He brings with him his Blade of Awe, aligned to water, and is accompanied by his three Shadow Pony minions Ink Jet, Dark Spot, And Dusk Twinkle(Who insists on being Called Nyx Solaris) as well as an indeterminate number of Deadeyes, which are soulless, semi-sentient, undead archers that are infused with shadow magic.( Shadow stuff on lore is a perfect mixture of light and Darkness, so bth elements are only 50% effective Against my minions)Ink Jet
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa471/AQPedia/Pets-Guests/Shadowpegasus.jpg
Dark Spot
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa471/AQPedia/Pets-Guests/Shadowpony.jpg
Dusk/Nyx
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa471/AQPedia/Pets-Guests/Shadowunicorn.jpg
The Deadeyes
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa471/AQPedia/Pets-Guests/Undead_Archer.gif

Power wise, well acording to Forum explorer he is Slightly more powerful than Boffinspark and Silent Night. make of that what you will.

He will get his proper introduction once i have cought upin the roleplay thread proper.

Crimson Doom
2013-06-24, 11:48 PM
[Edit - Anyone who is utterly lost, feel free to ask for clarifications in the OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257254).]

Yeah, I'm holding you guys to this one. Could somepony give me a cliff notes version of at least what groups are where for interaction purposes?

[Also, if there's a list of the characters somewhere, I wouldn't mind taking a looksie at that.]

Rater202
2013-06-25, 09:48 AM
Yeah, I'm holding you guys to this one. Could somepony give me a cliff notes version of at least what groups are where for interaction purposes?

[Also, if there's a list of the characters somewhere, I wouldn't mind taking a looksie at that.]

Everones Characters are in the first post they make in this thread, although mine has not been introduced yet.

Tiki Snakes
2013-06-25, 11:54 AM
A lot has happened since then, albeit often quite slowly. Cast list may vary, fatalities on the pc side are few but famous.

Will go into factions later, I believe most people are currently in Boffinspark's uh, airship science fortress? I think we asked in character just a short few posts ago.

Very few of us have any business being there.

Rater202
2013-06-25, 02:16 PM
okay, having read more of the story, i must say that this mess is crazy enough without me, so I will not be joining afte rall.

Tiki Snakes
2013-06-29, 04:08 PM
You pretty much need a high tolerance for stuff to survive posting in this rp. If you still want a run-down of who what where, let me know Crimson.

Crimson Doom
2013-08-01, 08:46 PM
You pretty much need a high tolerance for stuff to survive posting in this rp. If you still want a run-down of who what where, let me know Crimson.

Finally made my way back here (I think I accidentally unsubscribed or something), so yeah, I'd like that rundown, please. Sorry about being so late. :smalleek:

I'm working on fleshing out my character right now, so I should hopefully be ready to play by the time you see this and get back to me.

Tiki Snakes
2013-08-01, 11:39 PM
The thing kind of dried up naturally, man. I mean, if you really need it, I'll give you the basics, but the thread is there. Perhaps if you feel it worth trying to kickstart the thread up again, you should read it first.

Crimson Doom
2013-08-01, 11:44 PM
The thing kind of dried up naturally, man. I mean, if you really need it, I'll give you the basics, but the thread is there. Perhaps if you feel it worth trying to kickstart the thread up again, you should read it first.

Hmm, 'tis a fair point. If it dried up on its own, no point in asking for a recap; there's little risk of it progressing while I catch up. I'll go do that.