PDA

View Full Version : Videogame-inspired characters in PF

ThiagoMartell
2012-09-29, 08:10 AM
I was talking to one of my players and he noticed how three characters in our game were heavily influenced by videogame protagonists. We have a tiefling Gunslinger (Pistolero)/Shieldmarshall (Devil May Cry), a White Haired Witch with guns as her backup weapon (Bayonetta) and a Paladin/Soulknife dual wielder (Kingdom Hearts).
It just sounded funny when he pointed out, 'cause then I noticed that not only half the party was inspired by videogames but all those games are the same genre (action RPG)!
Anyone has any experiences similar to this?

Slipperychicken
2012-09-29, 08:30 AM
One of my friends made two consecutive assassin-type characters; Ezio and Altaiir, who both had Hidden Blades. Altaiir took some prestige class (the one that's all about ancestor-guidance) that gave him a Navi. His next character was a Kobold Inquisitor named Ridley (like the Metroid boss) who dressed exactly like Link, and he convinced the DM to have a triforce in the plot (the Kobold possessed the Triforce of Courage, and wanted the other two from some loser we never interacted with).

I made a character tangentally based off Liberty Prime (a giant robot from the Fallout series).

Dusk Eclipse
2012-09-29, 08:54 AM
Not in D&D but once we had in a 11 person party 7 playing characters based on Anime characters. We Had an Ice Mage (Fairy Tail), A fire Mage (One Piece), tri-wielder (One Piece), Hand cannoner (Tri Gun I think), Natural Weapon Attacker (Naruto), a Gravity Manipulator (Naruto) and a Pirate captain (Pirates of the Caribbean).

Deathkeeper
2012-09-29, 09:16 AM
I've made Kain (Dragoon), Heath (Fire Emblem, Beast Rider) recently in terms of game characters. I've also made Samurai Jack. Kinda disappointed I haven't had the chance to play him.

And speaking of games, I was looking at the Reaper enemy in the back of one of the Carrion Crown books and noticed that his weapon and armor look almost exactly like Death in Darksiders. I mean, I know that they're thematically identical, but it's a bit uncanny having such a close look, right down to the bare right side of his chest.

Uhtred
2012-09-29, 10:35 AM
I built a sword-and-board (initially, at least) heavily armored Centaur fighter that was equal parts Uhtred of Bebbanburg (from the Wessex Tales by Bernard Cromwell, going so far as to actually name the character Uhtred) Oreias (from the movie version of The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe), and Malcolm Reynolds. The result was a Viking knight who was very protective of his party and just wanted to do a job and get paid for it.