PDA

View Full Version : Firery hug of death

metabolicjosh
2012-09-29, 05:03 PM
So I want to make a dude who is immune to most attacks. His combat is that he lights on fire and grabs people! Now I know I could just grab fire immunity and go. However how would I take take this to the next level?

Playground do your thing!

Medic!
2012-09-29, 05:06 PM
I always wanted to do something similar to this with a low-ac high-con monk and Fiery Ki Defense combined with a party-mate dragon shaman's damage shield. The idea was I'd run around at top speed provoking AoOs until there were no AoOs to provoke, then grab a quick heal and repeat.

Not huge, not overly effective, but it sounded like a lot of fun to me!

Keld Denar
2012-09-29, 05:08 PM
Being on fire is supposed to make you better at avoiding grapples (by ninjas especially (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/4p15/)), not better at engaging in grapples!

Starbuck_II
2012-09-29, 05:15 PM
So I want to make a dude who is immune to most attacks. His combat is that he lights on fire and grabs people! Now I know I could just grab fire immunity and go. However how would I take take this to the next level?

Playground do your thing!

Swordsage?
Desert Wind has a Stance that makes you Fire immune the better your tumble is.
It has fire maneuvers as well. And grabbing maneuvers with Setting Sun.

metabolicjosh
2012-09-29, 05:20 PM
Maybe if I put a fire trap on my vest I could just grapple dudes till they are ashes...

Kaje
2012-09-29, 05:34 PM
Surely pyrokineticist can help a bit.

Duboris
2012-09-29, 05:42 PM
Maybe if I put a fire trap on my vest I could just grapple dudes till they are ashes...

"Armor of burning hugs"

CarpeGuitarrem
2012-09-29, 05:45 PM
When Johnny Storm came to D&D...

metabolicjosh
2012-09-29, 06:01 PM
Fire Poots!

Rethmar
2012-09-30, 06:13 AM
The spell Balor Nimbus comes to mind. Maybe persisted? Maybe find a way to be able to turn it on and off?

Kuulvheysoon
2012-09-30, 04:22 PM
There's a druid spell that does something similar to this... Body of the Sun?

Yep, Complete Divine. Druid 2. I'm looking at it, and the more I look at it, the more I ask myself - why not just take a level of Swordsage and grab Flame's Blessing (stance) then light yourself on fire (voluntarily failing the Reflex saves to put out the flames)?