PDA

View Full Version : Stereotypical Deaf-Mute Archer Help?

Duboris
2012-09-30, 09:54 AM
Alright, so, for this lovely lady of a knight, whom is the "Judge of Magic Miss-use" and also deaf and mute, I was thinking about making her take class levels in both ranger and fighter, but the thing I'm stuck on is her feats and fighting method.

I was thinking of something along the lines of bonuses to vision-based checks, but I can't exactly find what attributes toward this, so, as always, I ask the giants.

Any assistance boys?

Arcanist
2012-09-30, 01:29 PM
Why not go with an even greater stereotype? Make him Blind as well just for the hell of it all :smalltongue:

Flickerdart
2012-09-30, 01:53 PM
Being deaf and mute would make RPing quite a problem... I would recommend something like Psion (telepath) 5/Ranger 2/Slayer 10/Psion 3. This would get her Telepathy (telepath ACF) as well as sytnesthete, a 1st level power that lets you feel sound on your skin. The total BAB would be +16, so she'd get four iterative attacks, and retain 17th level manifesting for those tasty 9th level powers.

Alternatively, if you're not interested in having her actually speak, Soulbow is a better pick. Psychic Warrior 3/Soulknife 2/Shiba Protector 1/Soulbow 10/Psychic Warrior 1/Ballisteer 3 gets you a very competent Wisdom-based archer that never has to spend money on magic ammo.