PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Bodyguard Cohort

PaperMustache
2012-09-30, 12:37 PM
So I have this character... A sorcerer 5/ Dragon Disciple 2 who is pretty much only good at diplomacy in a party of much stronger melée fighters and an inquisitor. She is also completely evil and the party is starting to catch on. I don't want this character to die so I've set up some failsafes in character for if they attack her, but I would like something to discourage that from happening all together. Enter the leadership feat. DM says I can build the cohort because he doesnt want to mess with it. What would be a good build for a bodyguard cohort who would make slitting my throat in the night a less palatable solution? I don't want to muck up normal combat with him, in fact I will probably leave him outside when we enter dungeons with my griffon. I only want to discourage pvp. Come to think of it, I've got a Sword of Lifestealing I could give him/her that would be a pretty strong deterrent. I'm just rubbish at character builds. Any ideas are appreciated.

Madwand99
2012-09-30, 01:09 PM
As it happens, I've just created the perfect cohort for you. Meet Gladyk:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=448733

He's a figher 2/Rogue 3, with bodyguard, feinting, and trip feats. Adapt to taste; he should be fairly effective contributing to the party and protecting you in particular. Later on he can take Felling Blow and Greater Trip etc. feats. You'll need to provide him somewhat better equipment also, though he has the basics.

He's a sort of "melee support" character, meant to stand directly behind the tanks in the front, or next to squishies, and help them out by protecting them and tripping enemies.

With appropriate gear, he can also serve as party trapspringer, etc.