PDA

View Full Version : Insane Challenge Accepted!

Silverraptor
2012-09-30, 06:30 PM
Alright guys, here's the scoop. So, around my area there is a mexican restraunt known as Carmen's that has a special challenge. There is a 4-pound burrito they serve on the menu that costs $30. If I eat the entire burrito in 30 minutes, then its free and I get my picture posted up on the wall of fame.

So what I'm saying to the community I love so much, wish me luck! The challenge shall be tomorrow at 5:00 PST where I shall post the results of my foolishness. I hope to see you all here for my victory party and/or my funeral. Again, wish me luck!:smallcool:

Dr.Epic
2012-09-30, 06:32 PM
I all for free food, but your picture on the wall? Seems like an immortal shrine of gluttony.

Maxios
2012-09-30, 06:41 PM
I all for free food, but your picture on the wall? Seems like an immortal shrine of gluttony.

Which is the best kind of shrine.

noparlpf
2012-09-30, 06:43 PM
Alright guys, here's the scoop. So, around my area there is a mexican restraunt known as Carmen's that has a special challenge. There is a 4-pound burrito they serve on the menu that costs $30. If I eat the entire burrito in 30 minutes, then its free and I get my picture posted up on the wall of fame.

So what I'm saying to the community I love so much, wish me luck! The challenge shall be tomorrow at 5:00 PST where I shall post the results of my foolishness. I hope to see you all here for my victory party and/or my funeral. Again, wish me luck!:smallcool:

I love challenges like that of all sorts. I wish I'd done some of these when I was fifteen and sixteen and ate like a starved elephant.
Though I did just eat nearly a pound of roast beef straight out of the bag after tae kwon do practice because I was so hungry. Now it's time to slow down and have a few carrots, an apple or three, and some ice cream.

Dr.Epic
2012-09-30, 06:45 PM
Which is the best kind of shrine.

Sure is! Just bring your girlfriend there and show her your achievement!:smallwink:

Riverdance
2012-09-30, 06:50 PM
Good Luck! Post a picture if you can when it's over.

Morph Bark
2012-09-30, 06:55 PM
Make sure to have a path cleared towards the bathroom for when you're done!

Dr.Epic
2012-09-30, 07:46 PM

Is there gonna be a victory party in there?

Triscuitable
2012-09-30, 08:32 PM
Is there gonna be a victory party in there?

They hold it in the men's restroom, directly over the first stall.

Dr.Epic
2012-09-30, 08:44 PM
They hold it in the men's restroom, directly over the first stall.

That sounds pretty cool.

noparlpf
2012-09-30, 08:47 PM

I'm pretty sure if you throw up while still on premises you lose.
Or at least you do in my book.

I've done the two-slices-of-bread-in-under-a-minute thing and the six-Saltines-in-under-a-minute thing, easily. (Impress freshmen! They mention a thing you've never heard of, claim it's impossible, and you do it on your first try.) I haven't gotten around to the cinnamon or the half-a-gallon-of-whole-milk-in-under-half-an-hour thing yet.

Seerow
2012-09-30, 09:03 PM
Half a gallon of milk in half an hour sounds ridiculously easy. Is there something special about whole milk that makes it harder to drink than anything else? Back in high school we'd chug two liter sodas, which is about a half gallon. I can't imagine milk being harder.

Erm, on the original topic, good luck. 4 lbs of burrito is more than I'd want to eat. What all do they have in it? I would hope it's more than just beef and beans in a single tortilla. (Honestly the worst part to me sounds like just that much beef and beans, would be a huge mess, and none-too-pleasant texture. I'd rather eat 8 half pound burritos)

noparlpf
2012-09-30, 09:12 PM
Half a gallon of milk in half an hour sounds ridiculously easy. Is there something special about whole milk that makes it harder to drink than anything else? Back in high school we'd chug two liter sodas, which is about a half gallon. I can't imagine milk being harder.

Whole milk is about 50% fat. I drank a quart of cream once and it almost made me sick.

Renegade Paladin
2012-09-30, 09:14 PM
Whole milk is about 50% fat. I drank a quart of cream once and it almost made me sick.
It is not. Whole milk is roughly 4% milkfat, and cream is not the same thing.

Seerow
2012-09-30, 09:15 PM
Did a quick google search, and apparently the normal challenge is a full gallon in one hour, which makes more sense to me as being difficult.

Elemental
2012-09-30, 09:16 PM
Don't do the cinnamon thing. There's a reason people only sprinkle it on doughnuts, not pour it on.
Also, it's mildly poisonous.

Seerow
2012-09-30, 09:18 PM
Don't do the cinnamon thing. There's a reason people only sprinkle it on doughnuts, not pour it on.

I agree with this. Mythbusters apparently proved it is possible to do, but is a huge pain, and not really worth it.

Also I am reminded of a video I saw on youtube years ago of a guy who got a cheating girlfriend to try the challenge, then gave her vodka instead of water when she failed. Since watching that I've had zero interest in anything cinamon related.

JoshL
2012-09-30, 09:19 PM
Best of luck with that! 4 pounds of burrito sounds pretty awesome to me, but I'm a slow eater, so I'd never make the challenge. Though "free" is a pretty good motivator...

Renegade Paladin
2012-09-30, 09:21 PM
Did a quick google search, and apparently the normal challenge is a full gallon in one hour, which makes more sense to me as being difficult.
This is also the one I've always heard, and it's mainly to do with the fact that the stomach doesn't have a one gallon capacity; you can't really do it with other liquids either. There's nothing particularly special about the milk other than it being grosser when it inevitably comes back up.

Tonal Architect
2012-09-30, 09:26 PM
A local fast food kiosk had a standing $500 prize for anyone able to eat six of their biggest burguer in less than an half an hour.

I considered getting them to draft a contract stating the terms and conditions for winning the prize and hoping they'd leave emptying one's stomach in a trash bin out of the conditions for getting disqualified, but never actually bothered.

Not sure if it's worth going to this lenghts for a burrito (that, if taking this route, you'll be returning to the restaurant in slightly used condition) and getting your picture on a wall, though.

noparlpf
2012-09-30, 09:27 PM
It is not. Whole milk is roughly 4% milkfat, and cream is not the same thing.

Okay wait yeah whatever I just said made no sense.
That happens sometimes when I post before I think.
It's about 4%. I don't know where the 40% number came from.

I guess. I'll try that one first then, next time I have a gallon of milk on hand.

But poisoning oneself is fun! Duh.

Silverraptor
2012-09-30, 09:47 PM
On the discussion of milk, I once defeated a challenge against 4 teenagers about a couple years younger in a milk carton drinking contest. My only condition was I could poor the milk into a glass before drinking it, and they agreed since it was the same amount. I defeated them all combined by about 2 cartons. (Although, the trick was because I knew those cartons over time make the milk taste like carboard if you drink straight from the carton like they were. Its not cheating, it was using the knowledge I obtained from being on the planet longer for 2 years. (And working at the location that was supplying the milk cartons.:smallbiggrin:))

Traab
2012-09-30, 10:17 PM
I like to stick with the classics. Who can eat the most whole habaneros peppers in a single sitting! I do pretty well since I have a pretty good tolerance for spice. I eat most peppers for the flavor, not the spice, and when I want a kick I use ghost pepper sauce. Ghost peppers, for the record, are 800k-1mil scovilles. About 6-8x higher than orange habeneros.

Dr.Epic
2012-09-30, 10:57 PM
I once drank two whole 2-liter bottles of horse pop in one evening.

Mando Knight
2012-09-30, 11:18 PM

Alcohol is poisonous, too...

Elemental
2012-09-30, 11:20 PM
Alcohol is poisonous, too...

Which is why people don't drink it in its pure form.

Dr.Epic
2012-09-30, 11:28 PM

Speak for yourself.:smallwink:

noparlpf
2012-10-01, 06:18 AM

Vodka is 40% ethanol (and so are a bunch of others). A friend likes that kind of rum that's 75% ethanol. They sell something that's actually just industrial ethanol (95.5% is the highest possible), but I assumed that was for mixing drinks.

Elemental
2012-10-01, 06:40 AM
I stand corrected.
Like cinnamon, moderation is obviously the key to avoid dying, not concentration.

Morph Bark
2012-10-01, 08:24 AM
I'm pretty sure if you throw up while still on premises you lose.
Or at least you do in my book.

I was moreso thinking about the other exit.

Cuthalion
2012-10-01, 08:57 AM
I've done the two-slices-of-bread-in-under-a-minute thing and the six-Saltines-in-under-a-minute thing, easily. (Impress freshmen! They mention a thing you've never heard of, claim it's impossible, and you do it on your first try.) I haven't gotten around to the cinnamon or the half-a-gallon-of-whole-milk-in-under-half-an-hour thing yet.

I've tried the cinnamon one and that is..... Yikes. The other three ones I coul do no problem. And enjoy it.

noparlpf
2012-10-01, 11:28 AM
I was moreso thinking about the other exit.

I assumed so, but that tends to take a little bit longer. I'd imagine that evening would be hell.

I've tried the cinnamon one and that is..... Yikes. The other three ones I coul do no problem. And enjoy it.

Yeah, it was pretty cool because several other people and the table decided to try too, inspired by my success. I think only one other guy managed it in precisely sixty seconds; I took about fifty even after starting out by stupidly cramming an entire slice of bread in my mouth.

Riverdance
2012-10-01, 08:44 PM
Do it like Furious Pete (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys8uB-Bg5nw&feature=relmfu).

noparlpf
2012-10-01, 08:47 PM
Do it like Furious Pete (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys8uB-Bg5nw&feature=relmfu).

I don't know whether to be impressed or disgusted.

You also need to learn how to swallow with your mouth open, while you're taking new bites, to do that.

Riverdance
2012-10-01, 08:49 PM
I don't know whether to be impressed or disgusted.

You also need to learn how to swallow with your mouth open, while you're taking new bites, to do that.

Impressed or disgusted? I think both.

noparlpf
2012-10-01, 08:55 PM
Impressed or disgusted? I think both.

Well either one would be so intense I couldn't manage both at once.

Silverraptor
2012-10-01, 08:58 PM
Results are in! I managed to eat half of it in 15 minutes, but then had to tap out. It was at that point that my sense of taste was gone and it just felt like there was just stuff in my mouth. No taste or anything. Oh well, it was the thrill of doing the challenge was the reason for the attempt.

Also, the owners invited the only guy who actually succeeded in the challenge to come and watch. He cheered me at the end saying I did the right thing for tapping out, telling me his roommate had to watch him for the next 36 hours after he did the challenge to make sure he didn't die or anything, cause he felt bad that entire time. He also said that he was still impressed I ate half of it in 15 minutes. Most people who attempt it don't even get that far in that amount of time.

noparlpf
2012-10-01, 09:01 PM
Results are in! I managed to eat half of it in 15 minutes, but then had to tap out. It was at that point that my sense of taste was gone and it just felt like there was just stuff in my mouth. No taste or anything. Oh well, it was the thrill of doing the challenge was the reason for the attempt.

Also, the owners invited the only guy who actually succeeded in the challenge to come and watch. He cheered me at the end saying I did the right thing for tapping out, telling me his roommate had to watch him for the next 36 hours after he did the challenge to make sure he didn't die or anything, cause he felt bad that entire time. He also said that he was still impressed I ate half of it in 15 minutes. Most people who attempt it don't even get that far in that amount of time.

Where is this? I like challenges.

Seerow
2012-10-01, 09:09 PM
Vodka is 40% ethanol (and so are a bunch of others). A friend likes that kind of rum that's 75% ethanol. They sell something that's actually just industrial ethanol (95.5% is the highest possible), but I assumed that was for mixing drinks.

The 95.5% is probably Everclear. A friend of mine bought a bottle once, we took a few shots... it was not pleasant. But a few was all we needed to get pretty trashed.

Seerow
2012-10-01, 09:10 PM

Well that's disappointing. You say it was tasting like just mush in your mouth. Was it really spicy and just wore away your taste buds, or just the slog of getting through that much food made you sick of it?

noparlpf
2012-10-01, 09:10 PM
The 95.5% is probably Everclear. A friend of mine bought a bottle once, we took a few shots... it was not pleasant. But a few was all we needed to get pretty trashed.

I thought it was another sort but I can't remember.

Keld Denar
2012-10-01, 09:27 PM
A buddy of mine did the milk challenge with 1%. He finished too, but was REALLY sick for the next 24 hours or so, including about 2 hours where he didn't dare leave the bathroom for fear of not making it to the toilet in time. Didn't puke though, which is the main challenge. Its not the volume, its the lactic acid.

Silverraptor
2012-10-01, 09:40 PM
Well that's disappointing. You say it was tasting like just mush in your mouth. Was it really spicy and just wore away your taste buds, or just the slog of getting through that much food made you sick of it?

It wasn't nearly as spicy as I would've liked, but I didn't want to add any salsa to the top for fear of adding to the food. But yes, the taste just disappeared and I couldn't taste anything anymore. It was just feeling stuff in my mouth by that point, even though I tasted the Carne Asada, beans, cheese, bell pepper, and tomato of the exact same bite 2 minutes ago, I could not longer taste any of it. Thats when I called it as the end. Another interesting fact was the sudden drop off point, there was no slow down of eating. It was eateateateateateateateat-*Schang* No more taste. And that was how it went.

But, I'm still pleased with atleast getting through 2 pounds in 15 minutes. Anyone else want to do that?

noparlpf
2012-10-01, 09:42 PM
A buddy of mine did the milk challenge with 1%. He finished too, but was REALLY sick for the next 24 hours or so, including about 2 hours where he didn't dare leave the bathroom for fear of not making it to the toilet in time. Didn't puke though, which is the main challenge. Its not the volume, its the lactic acid.

The internet suggests it's more that the stomach is only about a half gallon, and that the excess liquid and the high fat content trigger the vomiting reflex.

Starwulf
2012-10-02, 01:06 AM
I thought it was another sort but I can't remember.

I would second the everclear. My friends and I used to do Tabasco shots(put a few drops of tabasco sauce into a shot of Everclear, chug) when we were younger, and we never needed many to get smashed. 190 Proof alcohol, ie: 95%

Moff Chumley
2012-10-02, 02:15 AM

I, for one, will take straight everclear over any cheap vodka you care to name.

Morph Bark
2012-10-02, 02:23 AM
I assumed so, but that tends to take a little bit longer. I'd imagine that evening would be hell.

Considering what I've heard of some burritos... it's always best to be on the safe side!

Mistwing
2012-10-02, 07:31 AM
Even after all this, I still say that the important part was completed. The challange was accepted and then the challange was attempted wether you won or not doesn't matter! same goes for all you crazy people who still talk about trying this stuff that others in this thread have warned you about. Challange accepted, Challange atempted... who the heck cares about the third part?

Unless you die.

That'd be sad.

and funny

but mostly sad

Sliver
2012-10-02, 01:44 PM
Awww, too bad you didn't make it. But it's awesome that you tried, and still impressive of an achievement. I know I couldn't do it to the end, although I'm intrigued about a 2 pound one...

pffh
2012-10-02, 02:40 PM

Wait if that's a 4 pound burrito how is eating one in 30 minutes anything close to a challenge?

Riverdance
2012-10-02, 04:38 PM

Either way good for you. 2lbs of burrito in 15 minute is impressive as it is. How big was it?

Wait if that's a 4 pound burrito how is eating one in 30 minutes anything close to a challenge?
Yeah it doesn't look all that big, but then again, that guy is insane. I saw a video of him putting away over 8lbs of burger, 5lbs of fries, and a large soda. He was the only guy who managed it at that place ever. That challenge was henceforth named after him.

Seerow
2012-10-02, 04:43 PM
I, for one, will take straight everclear over any cheap vodka you care to name.

What is your threshold for 'cheap'? I mean I don't drink expensive stuff, but I haven't tried a vodka yet that I liked less than everclear.

Karen Lynn
2012-10-02, 06:14 PM
I'm with Moff on the Everclear vs cheap vodka. Anything less than Smirnoff or absolut, and that is cheap. I prefer Skyy.

Fleischmann's and Gortons are cheap vodka colored swill. Good vodka doesn't burn.

Now, my grain based Everclear... Good Stuff.

Moff Chumley
2012-10-02, 06:30 PM
By "cheap" I mean the sort that comes in plastic jugs. :smalltongue:
Agreed on Skyy though; there's plenty better but Skyy's perfectly fancy enough for me. Smirnoff's nasty, though.

Seerow
2012-10-02, 06:38 PM
By "cheap" I mean the sort that comes in plastic jugs. :smalltongue:
Agreed on Skyy though; there's plenty better but Skyy's perfectly fancy enough for me. Smirnoff's nasty, though.

Okay, I haven't drank any vodka that comes out of a plastic jug, guess that makes me fancier than I thought :smallredface:

noparlpf
2012-10-02, 06:50 PM
Seems to me putting anything in a plastic jug implies that it's cheap. Plastic isn't a great thing to put things in. Glass is best because plastic leeches chemicals into the contents.

Moff Chumley
2012-10-02, 06:58 PM
No argument, but there are plenty of circumstances where "cheap" is its own reward, especially when it comes to alcohol...

Creed
2012-10-02, 07:05 PM
Well, Raptor, you did your best. That's all that matters. To be frank, I probably wouldn't touch a four-pound burrito with a ten foot pole. Heck, that thing weighs a scary percentage of babies and small children. Think of it, Raptor, you could eat 26.6 (repeating of course) percent of the average newborn human child!
That's a useful life skill. One day, you'll be glad you did this.

Silverraptor
2012-10-02, 08:42 PM
Thanks everyone. I've got some pictures that I'll upload to show the before and after the challenge. The people who have to pictures however are dragging their feet in emailing them to me.:smallannoyed:

Kaworu
2012-10-10, 11:27 AM
Nice try! Starving ones are really proud of you! ;-)

Also, the owners invited the only guy who actually succeeded in the challenge to come and watch. He cheered me at the end saying I did the right thing for tapping out, telling me his roommate had to watch him for the next 36 hours after he did the challenge to make sure he didn't die or anything, cause he felt bad that entire time.

But, I'm still pleased with atleast getting through 2 pounds in 15 minutes. Anyone else want to do that?

Congrats! Keep spreading around your completely unnecessary achievements in a field of wasting food & risky health activicies! ;-)

And please, don't get me wrong. I don't hate you or wish you something unpleasant. The very idea of the „contest” and „being proud” is just SOOOO tasteless, ridiculous and irresposible...

It's nice you can buy near 2 kg tacco and eat 1 kg in 15 min, but not every human in the world is as lucky as you, so please, have some respect? Food is for being eaten in time of need, not for being wasted in quasi-sports. It's really no point of pride.

Finis.

Morph Bark
2012-10-10, 02:35 PM
Food is for being eaten in time of need, not for being wasted in quasi-sports. It's really no point of pride.

Exactly. This is why I'm currently eating a large pizza, because I really needed it. And frankly, the chef who made it should feel ashamed.

Riverdance
2012-10-10, 10:14 PM
The listing says Morph Bark was the last to post here but I can't see what he said. What did you say Morph?

EDIT: Oh well of course NOW I can see it.

noparlpf
2012-10-10, 10:23 PM
The listing says Morph Bark was the last to post here but I can't see what he said. What did you say Morph?

EDIT: Oh well of course NOW I can see it.

Sometimes the new page doesn't show up for a little bit, or until the second post.

May I inquire as to the purpose of Kaworu's post? Seems like it was just meant to be condescending and rude; the validity of the message was lost in the tone.

Kaworu
2012-10-11, 11:41 AM
Yes, you always can. In short, it was meant to be true.

FACTS:
- there are a lot of starving people. Not „only” in Africa or Latin America, but also nearby, in USA. Big amount of families have food only thanks to NGO and „food coupons”.
- there is a guy who wants eat 2 kg tacco. Not because he is really hungry and eager to, but because it's kind of „sport” and there is a „price” in form of the hall of the „fame”.
- therefore, it is a lacking of respect for starving ones and making „fun”, just wasting food (on the purpose!).
- people around are endorsing the guy.
- IF the guy would eat whole tacco, we can assume that the tacco would be immediatelly vomited.
- IF the guy would die by eating the tacco, moral responsibility would be partially by the side of endorsing ones.
- the guy didn't eat whole tacco, but half of it, so it's still „good”, „funny” and we should shout „attaboy!” according to your logical-axiology system.

I know that my last post and this post can be read as „condescending”, but I'm only telling the truth. Please, take a closer look at my first post. I wasn't nice and encouraging, but I wasn't rude and abusive too. I just expressed my point of view – and by the point, the situation is at least ridiculous.

IF I was meant to be rude, I would use vulgar language and, for example, call Silverraptor „stupid” (amongs others insults). Did I?

Ok, what I should say in your personal opinion? „Oh, so nice, I am really really really proud, but pleeeeeeeease, don't waste food next time, hm? Really, really, really nice please...”. Should I didn't tell about tastelessness of the contest and the topic, because of... emotions of Silverraptor? First, I wasn't offensive to his emotions, second, where in the logic is place for respect for poor ones?

Sorry, I am not proud, so I did not wrote that. I didn't wanted to be party pooper and stole the fun of the contest. I just said the truth. Also, I have found your reactions very inappropriate. I'm not the one who was meant to be rude, but I am afraid I am the only one who is keeping his autonomy of thoughts and do not participate in group, reflectionless joy.

And please Morph Bark, don't have fun cause I wrote „food ain't toy”, because food in fact ain't toy. It's also simply truth.

Silverraptor
2012-10-11, 07:08 PM
I have finally acquired the picture of the Burrito before the challenge begun. Now imagine eating half of it in 15 minutes.:smallwink:
http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt255/silverraptor_photo/Photos/IMG950062.jpg

Morph Bark
2012-10-11, 07:20 PM
And please Morph Bark, don't have fun

But that's rule number one of life!

Actually a sub-rule of number one, but still, it's all part of the purpose of life.

I have finally acquired the picture of the Burrito before the challenge begun. Now imagine eating half of it in 15 minutes.:smallwink:
http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt255/silverraptor_photo/Photos/IMG950062.jpg

O.O

Oh my...

Yeah, I think if I'd consume copious amounts of food I'd either stick to lasagna or take my time. Or both.

noparlpf
2012-10-11, 07:48 PM

Man, I wish I were still young enough to eat like that. In my old age (eighteen) I have to watch what I eat a bit more and I have less appetite.

Tebryn
2012-10-13, 03:15 AM
Man, I wish I were still young enough to eat like that. In my old age (eighteen) I have to watch what I eat a bit more and I have less appetite.

A cursory glance shows that you are in fact younger than the person who attempted the challenge. :smalltongue:

Looks like a freaking great burrito though.

Creed
2012-10-13, 03:16 AM

That burrito is glorious. I'm proud of you.

Xuc Xac
2012-10-13, 07:04 AM
This is also the one I've always heard, and it's mainly to do with the fact that the stomach doesn't have a one gallon capacity; you can't really do it with other liquids either. There's nothing particularly special about the milk other than it being grosser when it inevitably comes back up.

Other liquids can pass out of the stomach (caffeinated liquids go faster because caffeine is a diuretic, and some isotonic liquids will run straight through you). Milk, on the other hand, will curdle and solidify when it hits the stomach acid. You think you're just drinking a liquid but you're actually filling your stomach with a big block of cheese that isn't going to move out very quickly.

noparlpf
2012-10-13, 07:20 AM
A cursory glance shows that you are in fact younger than the person who attempted the challenge. :smalltongue:

Looks like a freaking great burrito though.

Yeah, I figured. I just feel "old" because I can't eat like I did a few years ago.

Eloel
2012-10-13, 09:40 AM

Now I want to try it... Where do I get that huge a burrito again? :smallbiggrin:

Riverdance
2012-10-13, 09:50 AM

That looks like a quality burrito. I wish there was a :smallimpressed: smilie. It would be raising one (or maybe both) of its eyebrows and nodding with a grin.

Traab
2012-10-13, 12:49 PM
I would have broke out the fork and knife and gone to TOWN on that bad boy! Not eating half in 15 minutes, (maybe, not sure how fast I eat) but scarfing it down bit by bit at a fairly rapid pace. Maybe just chop the whole thing up and ask for a serving spoon instead. :smallbiggrin:

Silverraptor
2012-10-13, 04:53 PM
Now I want to try it... Where do I get that huge a burrito again? :smallbiggrin:

It is a family owned restraunt in the San Diego area by the name of Carmens.

noparlpf
2012-10-13, 04:55 PM
Today I accidentally ate two or three pounds of fruit in an hour and gave myself a stomachache.

Coidzor
2012-10-13, 05:02 PM

Really, that's mostly because it's impossible to do so.

noparlpf
2012-10-13, 05:05 PM
Really, that's mostly because it's impossible to do so.

Not so, they sell it. (Well, as close as it possible. You can't get ethanol purer than about 96%.) Unless by impossible you mean because of the flavour. Yick.

Coidzor
2012-10-13, 05:13 PM
Not so, they sell it. (Well, as close as it possible. You can't get ethanol purer than about 96%.) Unless by impossible you mean because of the flavour. Yick.

I think you've just confirmed my statement. :smallamused:

noparlpf
2012-10-13, 05:16 PM
I think you've just confirmed my statement. :smallamused:

Clarified it, rather. But yes.

Crow
2012-10-13, 11:04 PM
4 lbs. That isn't too bad. I ate a 40 oz steak in Wisconsin once, with ease. Though it helped that you get to cook it yourself. I think I could handle this thing. Got fam in SD, may have to give it a try.

Gallon of milk in an hour isn't bad either. Hell, I take two quarts of milk to work to have as a snack. Takes about 3 minutes to casually drink a whole quart (actually a little more, as I get about 3 1/2 thermos-fulls from a gallon). I think I could handle an hour.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-10-13, 11:39 PM
Having seen this uber-burrito now, I think I could do that on a good night. Not just any day of the week, mind, but on a day where I didn't eat much the day before and had my hunger sit down on me a little harder than normal, like it sometimes does anyway. Half an hour would be cutting it kinda tight though.

Deth Muncher
2012-10-14, 04:15 AM
Kudos to you, mate. I was really hyped the whole time I was reading this thread, and then I got to the picture of the burrito and I was simultaneously in love and almost ready to hurl at the thought of trying to put all of that in my body. -buhh- If I ever get back out to California though...

valadil
2012-10-14, 08:30 AM
I was thinking 4lbs of burrito was too much. Then I saw the picture. Now I'm just hungry.

My personal best is a half gallon of iced coffee in one sitting. That's without ice btw. I can't be more specific about the timing, because, well, I needed a half gallon of iced coffee at the time. I wasn't too concerned about timing it for future bragging rights.

I came pretty close to convincing one of my friends to do something similar. I told him about a thing we used to do in high school called "doing the dozen." You had to eat a dozen donuts in a limited time. Milk would have made it too easy, so you also had to wash them down with a 2 liter of Mountain Dew. Couldn't keep a straight face though, so he called my bluff.

Traab
2012-10-14, 02:43 PM
Only big eat contest I ever really did was "who can eat 50 wendys nuggets fastest?" The prize was a free meal, as the loser had to pay. The first person to eat all 50 won, the loser paid. If neither finished then you split the cost between you but the guy who ate the most won.

Seerow
2012-10-19, 11:48 AM
Only big eat contest I ever really did was "who can eat 50 wendys nuggets fastest?" The prize was a free meal, as the loser had to pay. The first person to eat all 50 won, the loser paid. If neither finished then you split the cost between you but the guy who ate the most won.

That sounds less like a contest and more like a typical Friday night for the first year or so after you and your friends start getting jobs and can afford to do things like that but before you can start going to bars.

Speaking of, one time me and a few friends got hungry and couldn't decide what to grab for food. Our solution in the end? We went around to every fast food restraunt in town, buying one item off the menu each at each area. Not a competition, but definitely the sort of overindulging that warrants mentioning here.

scurv
2012-10-19, 11:57 AM
If you have to explain the real intent of your words after you say them. One has to question the intent of the explanation as well.

TheWombatOfDoom
2012-10-19, 01:06 PM
I once in my youth had 36 halves (that's what they were served in) of grilled cheese at a camp I was at. It wasn't competetive, I was just hungry. And it helped that they were tasty. Tomato soup was also involved.

I can't eat like I used to sadly. But I'm still obnoxiously slim.

noparlpf
2012-10-19, 01:13 PM
I once in my youth had 36 halves (that's what they were served in) of grilled cheese at a camp I was at. It wasn't competetive, I was just hungry. And it helped that they were tasty. Tomato soup was also involved.

I can't eat like I used to sadly. But I'm still obnoxiously slim.

I remember the competition between the guys at camp. Taco night was a big one. I remember eating a pound and a half of taco meat, and whatever went with that.