PDA

View Full Version : +1/+2 LA for group

killianh
2012-09-30, 06:34 PM
2I have a group of level twos and I'm wanting to grant a template(s) to the party. The group alignment-wise ranges from true neutral to chaotic evil. The party consists of

Elf Scout
Human Monk (going psy war later)
Goliath barbarian
Elf wizard (conjuration/transmutation mainly, but domain generalist shenanigans)

They are mostly new 3.5 players save the generalist so I want to try to avoid variant rules for the time being meaning no LA buy off. What I'm hoping to do is give the other players some template(s) to raise the total LA of the group up by 2. The Goliath already has the +1 so I'm thinking of mineral warrior for the other.

What suggestions would the playground have for a total +2 LA templates for a mainly evil group? before it's mentioned none of the group have an interest in being undead or swearing to an elder evil, demon prince, or arch duke of hell.

Gavinfoxx
2012-09-30, 06:40 PM
Goliath has +1, so give everyone else templates of up to +1.

Divine Minion, Dark Creature, Draconic, Quasilycanthrope, Mineral Warrior, Lolth Touched (remove the RP connection to Lolth, maybe?), and Feral are all good templates.

Also maybe letting the monk upgrade to Empty Vessel or one of the human-based LA+1 psionic creatures?

AmberVael
2012-09-30, 06:45 PM
Phrenic (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/phrenicCreature.htm) is generally a good all around choice, though it would probably be particularly fitting for the monk, and effective on the wizard.

Half-Fey, from the Fiend Folio, is a very nice template, granting flight, immunity to enchantments, and a good number of spell-like abilities. It would likely be most suitable to wizard or scout.

The Shadow Creature template from Lords of Madness would be very nice for any stealthy character (so the Scout, perhaps?), but works well on quite a wide variety of characters, due to the variety of bonuses it can provide.

Those are the +2 templates I can think of. For +1, Feral, Draconic, and Mineral Warrior are all pretty good.

Menteith
2012-09-30, 06:46 PM
Dark Creature template (LA +1)
- +10 feet to all modes of movement
- Darkvision 60 ft.
- Hide in Plain Sight (Ex) (except in natural daylight, the area of a daylight spell, or a similar effect)
- Resistance to cold 10
- Superior low-light vision.
- Hide +8 and Move Silently +6 (Untyped bonus?)

Combined with the Shadow-Walker Template (LA +1)
- Gains spell like abilities based on Shadow X/day depending on character level.
1-2 Shadow mask 3/day
3-4 Dimension door 1/day (self only,)
5-6 Darkness 3/day
7-8 Dimension door 2/day
9-10 Shadow spray 3/day
11-12 Shadow walk 1/day
13-14 Displacement 2/day
15-16 Dimension door 3/day
17-18 Evard's black tentacles 1/day
19+ Shadow walk 3/day

- Light Blindness
- Dex +2, Con -2
- +4 racial bonus on Hide checks

Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but if anyone wants to be Umbral, this isn't a terrible way to do it.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-09-30, 06:46 PM
The Scout can get Shadow Creature or maybe Dark Creature plus Quasilycanthrope.

The Monk can get Phrenic Creature, or maybe Half-Minotaur and something else.

Mineral Warrior, Half-Minotaur, or Lolth-Touched would all be good for the Barbarian.

For the Wizard, maybe Half-Vampire.

killianh
2012-09-30, 07:15 PM
So I'm thinking Shadow-walker and Dark creature for the scout, feral for the barbarian, phrenic for the monk, and half fey for the wizard. Thanks guys!

I might be having a bard and a gnome whisperknife/master thrower coming in later so I may as well ask now what do you think would be good for them?