PDA

View Full Version : Stats for the kyuss worm?

123456789blaaa
2012-09-30, 08:04 PM
I was trying to build a kyuss worm emanothrope but I couldn't find the stats for a kyuss worm anywhere :smallfrown:. The closest thing was a little note in the spawn of kyusses monster entry where it says "Each worm is a Fine vermin with 1 hit point and AC 10. It can be killed by normal damage or the touch of silver".

Help?

Saintheart
2012-09-30, 09:32 PM
Have you tried the Age of Worms Adventure Path? I seem to remember it's in there somewhere.

123456789blaaa
2012-10-02, 08:02 PM
Have you tried the Age of Worms Adventure Path? I seem to remember it's in there somewhere.

i've checked a few issues but a specific issue would be great. I really don't want to have to hunt for every single age of worms dungeon mag.

killianh
2012-10-02, 09:03 PM
the book elder evils has kyuss, and the ELH has a worm that walks as a caster template similar to a lich. hope that helps

Zombulian
2012-10-02, 11:00 PM
What do you mean by kyuss worm? Just a giant maggot? Or swarms of worms?

killianh
2012-10-02, 11:24 PM
What do you mean by kyuss worm? Just a giant maggot? Or swarms of worms?

I think he means the being Kyuss: the worm that walks. That or stats for each individual worm that makes him up. the former as far as I can tell though

Eurus
2012-10-02, 11:27 PM
I was trying to build a kyuss worm emanothrope but I couldn't find the stats for a kyuss worm anywhere :smallfrown:. The closest thing was a little note in the spawn of kyusses monster entry where it says "Each worm is a Fine vermin with 1 hit point and AC 10. It can be killed by normal damage or the touch of silver".

Help?

That is literally the stats for an individual kyuss worm. 1 hit die or less (probably more like 1/8th of a hit die), no attacks. If I had to extrapolate, I'd guess physical ability scores of 1-2 each (Fine creatures get +8 to AC, so its dex modifier must be terrible), and mindless. They're not intended to be threatening by themselves.

Now, if they manage to get inside you, usually by being thrown or seeded by Kyuss spawn, they deal 1 point of damage per round for 1d4+1 rounds. At the end of that period, they reach the brain and start dealing 1d2 Int damage per round. The damage from multiple worms is cumulative, I believe. If the Int hits 0, it kills you, eats your brain, and turns you into a Spawn of Kyuss.

Zombulian
2012-10-02, 11:30 PM
I think he means the being Kyuss: the worm that walks. That or stats for each individual worm that makes him up. the former as far as I can tell though

A well then this (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/dx20021031x) may help.
(scroll down to the bottom.)

123456789blaaa
2012-10-06, 09:22 AM

The second actually :smalltongue:. Though it's not just the worms in kyuss. Kyuss worms are a type of monster that infest tons of monsters like the spawn of kyuss too.

EDIT:
That is literally the stats for an individual kyuss worm. 1 hit die or less (probably more like 1/8th of a hit die), no attacks. If I had to extrapolate, I'd guess physical ability scores of 1-2 each (Fine creatures get +8 to AC, so its dex modifier must be terrible), and mindless. They're not intended to be threatening by themselves.

Now, if they manage to get inside you, usually by being thrown or seeded by Kyuss spawn, they deal 1 point of damage per round for 1d4+1 rounds. At the end of that period, they reach the brain and start dealing 1d2 Int damage per round. The damage from multiple worms is cumulative, I believe. If the Int hits 0, it kills you, eats your brain, and turns you into a Spawn of Kyuss.

Really? How the heck would this interact with the emanothrope (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20040621a) (were vermin) template?