PDA

View Full Version : Elemental Plane of Candy

Morithias
2012-09-30, 09:22 PM
Would it be possible to make one of these using the genesis spell or something like that?

Edit: No this is not some kind of stupid metaphor. I mean literally made of candy, chocolate, and sugary sweets.

Slipperychicken
2012-09-30, 09:43 PM
Would it be possible to make one of these using the genesis spell or something like that?

Edit: No this is not some kind of stupid metaphor. I mean literally made of candy, chocolate, and sugary sweets.

Looks like it. As long as it isn't considered "construction" or "life", you can make the demiplane out of any damn thing you want.

That said, by level 17, you should have better things to do with a week and 5,000xp. Also, much, much cheaper ways of getting candy, like Fabricate or using Prestidigitation to make everything you eat taste like candy (It'd be near-free, and wouldn't even be fattening like "real" candy!). I wouldn't be surprised if it was cheaper to, you know, just buy some damn candy.

Alleran
2012-09-30, 09:45 PM
Technically, no, since Genesis only creates a demiplane, not an elemental plane. You'd be able to create the demiplane of candy, however. And if you tied Genesis to a resetting and refiring trap (or spell clock, or whatever) that went off every second or so, you'd be able to get a very big demiplane of candy.

Slipperychicken
2012-09-30, 09:48 PM
Technically, no, since Genesis only creates a demiplane, not an elemental plane.

Which is another thing. Candy is not an element.

olentu
2012-09-30, 09:58 PM

What, of course it is. The classical elements are candy, cake, punch, and pie.

Laserlight
2012-09-30, 10:01 PM

I have some female friends who might argue that point, with respect to chocolate.

BowStreetRunner
2012-09-30, 10:20 PM
The obvious follow-up question would then be, where does one find the Oompa Loompas with which to populate said demiplane?

Edit: Almost forgot, anyone have a decent build for Willy Wonka?

LanSlyde
2012-09-30, 10:30 PM
The obvious follow-up question would then be, where does one find the Oompa Loompas with which to populate said demiplane?

Edit: Almost forgot, anyone have a decent build for Willy Wonka?

Which version? Depp or Wilder?

TuggyNE
2012-09-30, 11:15 PM

If nothing else, some sort of Origin of Species (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/spells/originOfSpeciesAchaierai.htm) would probably do the job.

herrhauptmann
2012-09-30, 11:40 PM

WIlder I hope.
More entertaining, and the oompa loompas were better too.

Morithias
2012-09-30, 11:50 PM
Looks like it. As long as it isn't considered "construction" or "life", you can make the demiplane out of any damn thing you want.

That said, by level 17, you should have better things to do with a week and 5,000xp. Also, much, much cheaper ways of getting candy, like Fabricate or using Prestidigitation to make everything you eat taste like candy (It'd be near-free, and wouldn't even be fattening like "real" candy!). I wouldn't be surprised if it was cheaper to, you know, just buy some damn candy.

So that's a yes. Awesome.

The creator is a wizard with a major sweet tooth. Fabricate costs materials and chocolate is expensive. Prestidigitation is just "A cheap substitute".

As for buying candy? Why buy it when you can just have endless candy forever. You'll save money in the long run.

Arcanist
2012-10-01, 12:04 AM

In the case of Elemental Planes that don't represent elements (a contradiction I know, but stay with me on this) you call them Quasi-Elemental Planes or Non-Elemental Planes (In the case of The Elemental Plane of Candy, it would be the "Non-Elemental Plane of Candy")

Honestly, it really depends on how you want to build the plane :smallsmile: If it has Earth, Water, Fire, and Air traits then it would be a Quasi-Elemental traits if it has none of these traits it is a Non-Elemental plane... Personally I could see the Plane of Candy having all of these traits (except air) since Candy can be liquid, solid or hot (or spicy). I would NOT have a problem on this if someone Plane Shifted me into this plane and infact I would wish them a +1 inherit bonus to Charisma :smalltongue:

Morithias
2012-10-01, 12:11 AM
In the case of Elemental Planes that don't represent elements (a contradiction I know, but stay with me on this) you call them Quasi-Elemental Planes or Non-Elemental Planes (In the case of The Elemental Plane of Candy, it would be the "Non-Elemental Plane of Candy")

Honestly, it really depends on how you want to build the plane :smallsmile: If it has Earth, Water, Fire, and Air traits then it would be a Quasi-Elemental traits if it has none of these traits it is a Non-Elemental plane... Personally I could see the Plane of Candy having all of these traits (except air) since Candy can be liquid, solid or hot (or spicy). I would NOT have a problem on this if someone Plane Shifted me into this plane and infact I would wish them a +1 inherit bonus to Charisma :smalltongue:

Note to self: Get work on portal to plane of candy. Then give a key to Arcanist.

silverwolfer
2012-10-01, 12:18 AM
Demi God of candy would easily become the most worshiped being among children and females.

Arcanist
2012-10-01, 12:22 AM
Note to self: Get work on portal to plane of candy. Then give a key to Arcanist.

When I give people props, they really deserve those props :smallcool:

Demi God of candy would easily become the most worshiped being among children and females.

Hell, I would denounce my worship of Mystra and worship him :smalleek:

On that note, I want to have a Dweomerkeeper/Netherese Arcanist type Avatar :smallsigh:

Ah, well... Don't know any good Avatar artist and I'm nervous about asking Ranger Mattos to draw me another :smallfrown:

Tebryn
2012-10-01, 12:27 AM

Neither are Fire, Air, Earth or Water. What's your point?

Arcanist
2012-10-01, 12:31 AM
Neither are Fire, Air, Earth or Water. What's your point?

To Medieval Alchemist it was. Technically there we're 5 Elements, but THAT element was forbidden to talk about under penalty of death... It was called... Aether or Quintessence.

Morithias
2012-10-01, 03:37 AM
When I give people props, they really deserve those props :smallcool:

Hell, I would denounce my worship of Mystra and worship him :smalleek:

On that note, I want to have a Dweomerkeeper/Netherese Arcanist type Avatar :smallsigh:

Ah, well... Don't know any good Avatar artist and I'm nervous about asking Ranger Mattos to draw me another :smallfrown:

Demi-god of Candy? Try Estanna. She's the exalted demi-goddess of the "hearth and home" (basically of cooking and homemaking) so one could argue that cooking candy for the orphans and other good kids might be in her domain.

Plus you'ld go to heaven when you died by virtue of worshipping an exalted goddess. Double bonus.

Arcanist
2012-10-01, 04:03 AM
Demi-god of Candy? Try Estanna. She's the exalted demi-goddess of the "hearth and home" (basically of cooking and homemaking) so one could argue that cooking candy for the orphans and other good kids might be in her domain.

Plus you'ld go to heaven when you died by virtue of worshipping an exalted goddess. Double bonus.

I think I'd get more fulfillment of telling her to make me a sandwich :smallamused:

Morithias
2012-10-01, 04:22 AM
I think I'd get more fulfillment of telling her to make me a sandwich :smallamused:

She'd probably tell you to do some epic quest for her first, but if you passed it you would get one hell of a sandwich. She's probably the only goddess where you could get away with that request and not get smote.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-10-01, 04:31 AM
That is Candi with an 'I' by the way...

But you could totally do this, just make sure the mint forest never touches the chocolate river, you would never be able to separate the two tastes again.

Morithias
2012-10-01, 04:42 AM
That is Candi with an 'I' by the way...

But you could totally do this, just make sure the mint forest never touches the chocolate river, you would never be able to separate the two tastes again.

Has episode 3 of that series come out yet btw?

Ugh, mint. I never liked mint. I was always more of a fan of fruit flavoured candies....although now that I think about it, I hate eating fruit...figure that one out.

Arcanist
2012-10-01, 04:45 AM
She'd probably tell you to do some epic quest for her first, but if you passed it you would get one hell of a sandwich. She's probably the only goddess where you could get away with that request and not get smote.

EPIC YOU SAY!? :smallbiggrin: Nothing a little Epic Magic couldn't get me out of :smallamused:

On that note: What series are you 2 talking about? :smallconfused:

Morithias
2012-10-01, 04:52 AM
EPIC YOU SAY!? :smallbiggrin: Nothing a little Epic Magic couldn't get me out of :smallamused:

On that note: What series are you 2 talking about? :smallconfused:

I was just assuming it was Hellsing Abridged 3.

Also you do realize that being the goddess of the kitchen she could probably literally just conjuring you up that sandwich with a wave of her hand, and has you opening her mail and returning borrowed books cause you're too lazy to get in the kitchen and do the god damn work yourself.

Then again you get a better sandwich out of it, given how few adventurers have ranks in cooking, while she gets all the annoying grunt work she can't just magically make vanish out of the way...

You know come to think of it, asking her to make you sandwiches in exchange for heavy manual labour is a lot less sexist then it first sounded once you take her powers into account...

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-10-01, 05:09 AM
Has episode 3 of that series come out yet btw?

Not yet. Takahata should be releasing it at Youmacon.

Arcanist
2012-10-01, 06:15 AM
I was just assuming it was Hellsing Abridged 3.

How the hell did I miss that reference then? :smallconfused: Hmm... Well it's 5am so eh...

Also you do realize that being the goddess of the kitchen she could probably literally just conjuring you up that sandwich with a wave of her hand, and has you opening her mail and returning borrowed books cause you're too lazy to get in the kitchen and do the god damn work yourself.

Then again you get a better sandwich out of it, given how few adventurers have ranks in cooking, while she gets all the annoying grunt work she can't just magically make vanish out of the way...

You know come to think of it, asking her to make you sandwiches in exchange for heavy manual labour is a lot less sexist then it first sounded once you take her powers into account...

... I would be the most epic Clerk ever... However, If I have Epic Magic, I could just make an Epic Spell using the Conjure and Heal seed and it would actually fully heal me... Hell, I could also toss in the Life seed so that my sandwich resurrects the friken dead :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: I'm actually going to make that Epic Spell.

Socratov
2012-10-01, 06:28 AM
First: making a demiplane made of candy might include summonning/attracting 2 annoying unicorns and 1 grumpy one

second: mint and chocolate have an unholy tastyness, pls combine that (seriously, after eight is like heaven)

Arbane
2012-10-01, 10:35 AM
First: making a demiplane made of candy might include summonning/attracting 2 annoying unicorns and 1 grumpy one

You should be so lucky. It might summon this.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120508081734/villains/images/thumb/6/61/Nutbladder_puella_magi_madoka_magica_-_03_7ec0e521-mkv-00012.jpg/640px-Nutbladder_puella_magi_madoka_magica_-_03_7ec0e521-mkv-00012.jpg

Dusk Eclipse
2012-10-01, 10:48 AM
Quick google search got me this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97038)

Slipperychicken
2012-10-01, 10:57 AM
As for buying candy? Why buy it when you can just have endless candy forever. You'll save money in the long run.

As far as I know, Genesis (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/spells/genesis.htm) doesn't regenerate lost contents (like eaten candy), and is explicitly finite. You're spending 5,000xp (equivalent to 25,000gp) for a 180' radius sphere of candy.

Well, that depends on how the last sentence works. If it means you can continue the original casting of the spell after 180 days without paying the XP cost again, then you have an effectively infinite supply of candy, depending on how long you feel like chanting.

Sgt. Cookie
2012-10-01, 11:11 AM

Just go to the avatar request thread, it's how I got mine.

I can just imagine some artificer making a Decanter of Endless Sweets, with the mini-gate tuned to the Elemental Plane of Sweets.

Flickerdart
2012-10-01, 11:23 AM
As far as I know, Genesis (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/spells/genesis.htm) doesn't regenerate lost contents (like eaten candy), and is explicitly finite. You're spending 5,000xp (equivalent to 25,000gp) for a 180' radius sphere of candy.
Sphere of candy would be an amazing spell.

Sphere of Candy
Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Sor/Wiz 4
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect: 1-inch-thick/level sphere, surrounding a creature
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: See text
Spell Resistance: No

This spell creates a sphere of hard candy around a creature. The candy is so delicious that the creature must make a Will save every round or do nothing but try and eat its way out of the sphere (see below). On a successful save, the creature can take whatever action it chooses, including smashing the sphere. Like any other material, it can be destroyed by a disintegrate spell or by normal means such as breaking and chipping. The sphere has 5 hit points per inch of thickness and hardness 5. If the sphere's HP drops to 0, it's shattered. If a creature tries to break through the sphere with a single attack, the DC for the Strength check is 15 + 2 per inch of thickness.

As a move action, the creature can attempt to eat through the sphere. Doing so reduces the thickness of the sphere by one inch if the creature succeeds on a Fortitude save. If it fails, it becomes sickened for 1 round due to the intensity of the sweetness. A sickened or nauseated creature cannot try and eat the candy.

Material component: A jawbreaker.

Wings of Peace
2012-10-01, 03:06 PM
Guard your plane with gummy bear golems.

Malroth
2012-10-01, 03:14 PM
Yes your first genesis gives you a 180 foot radius sphere of candy, the second casting of genesis expands the sphere to 360foot radius (8x the volume of the original) and the third gives a 540 foot radius sphere, (27 x the volume of the original) EVENTUALLY the casting^3 progroession of genesis will outstrip the linear cost of the castings.

Arcanist
2012-10-01, 03:31 PM
Just go to the avatar request thread, it's how I got mine.

I'm shy about asking for things from people (besides information), but I decided to Man up and ask for an avatar of Ioulaum :smallsigh:

I can just imagine some artificer making a Decanter of Endless Sweets, with the mini-gate tuned to the Elemental Plane of Sweets.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8tnzpPnp61qgnwo3o1_500.gif

I'd like to see someone toss a Gate ring into the oceans on the Elemental Plane of candy syrups (Major Water) and then put the other ring into a lake that drains out into the ocean... Gotta fill that plane with an ocean :smallwink:

On a side note: For those of you that think we're making this plane by CASTING Genesis, get real... This is the Playground ... We work with Infinite Spell Resetting Traps :smallamused:

Eugenides
2012-10-02, 01:22 AM

Sacrilege, sir. Wilder of course. We try to pretend that Depp didn't try to replace him.

Doxkid
2012-10-02, 03:17 PM
What, of course it is. The classical elements are candy, cake, punch, and pie.

This post is Pinkie Pie approved.

karkus
2012-10-02, 05:32 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it was cheaper to, you know, just buy some damn candy.

I kind of have to agree with you. It seems like a very complicated way for him to get candy. :smallbiggrin:

Morithias
2012-10-02, 06:06 PM
I kind of have to agree with you. It seems like a very complicated way for him to get candy. :smallbiggrin:

Let's assume Coffee. According to arms and equipment guide 50 gp a lb.

Genesis makes a radius of 180 feet or A = 101788 ft2.

101788 feet squared of coffee.

According to wiki answers the bulk density of coffee is 400 Kg/m3.

We'll ignore the square and cubed for simplicity.

There are 2.20462 pounds in a kg. So the density of coffee is approx 800 lbs per meter. There are 3 feet in a meter so it's around 266 lbs per foot.

Ultimately this means that a genesis to create a plane of coffee comes to 101788 * 266 lbs of coffee or 27075608 lbs.

At 50 gp a lb that comes to a price tag of 1353780400 gp.

So no It does NOT cost less to buy some damn candy. It costs WAY WAY MORE.

Slipperychicken
2012-10-02, 07:54 PM
Ultimately this means that a genesis to create a plane of coffee comes to 101788 * 266 lbs of coffee or 27075608 lbs.

12.2 thousand tons of coffee. I hope it doesn't go bad...

Malroth
2012-10-02, 08:09 PM
I'm noticing some serious math errors,

Volume of a Sphere 4/3*pi* radius CUBED

2,4428,304 ft^3 volume for a demiplane created by a single casting of genesis

* 35.3146665722 ft^3/M^3 = 691,745 M^3 of volume

*431 KG/M^3 bulk density of roasted coffee bean = 298,142,095 KG of coffee

* 2.20462 LBS/KG = 657,290,025 lbs of coffee

* 50GP/LB listed market price of Coffee bean in arms and equipment guide = 32,864,501,250. GP worth of coffee. If this was Vanilla bean it would top over 1 Trillion GP

Morithias
2012-10-02, 08:20 PM
I'm noticing some serious math errors,

Volume of a Sphere 4/3*pi* radius CUBED

2,4428,304 ft^3 volume for a demiplane created by a single casting of genesis

* 35.3146665722 ft^3/M^3 = 691,745 M^3 of volume

*431 KG/M^3 bulk density of roasted coffee bean = 298,142,095 KG of coffee

* 2.20462 LBS/KG = 657,290,025 lbs of coffee

657,290,025* 50 gp is still over 3 billion gold pieces. I'm not good with squares and cubes...really should've paid more attention in high school.

Sith_Happens
2012-10-02, 08:35 PM
You're spending 5,000xp (equivalent to 25,000gp) for a 180' radius sphere of candy.

Sounds worth it to me.:smallbiggrin:

Malroth
2012-10-02, 08:44 PM
biggest problem when converting square and cubic measurements is people use the same factor that they use for linear ones instead of squareing or cubing the conversion factor as well.

There are 3 feet in 1 yard

There are 9 (3*3) square feet in 1 square yard

There are 27 (3*3*3) cubic feet in 1 cubic yard

Uhtred
2012-10-03, 01:01 AM
Had a party cleric escape a TPK once by Plane Shifting to the Demiplane of Confetti Cake. When the DM pointed out he could only visit planes he'd been to before, he pointed out that he, as a Gnome who often went missing (work made attending sessions regularly difficult, so we explained his absence as, "Oh, you know GNOMES...") that was obviously where he'd spent all of his "missing time." The DM allowed it, and we got to play one session fighting Confetti Cake Elementals.

Arcanist
2012-10-03, 01:17 AM

Well, that depends on how the last sentence works. If it means you can continue the original casting of the spell after 180 days without paying the XP cost again, then you have an effectively infinite supply of candy, depending on how long you feel like chanting.

Correction. I'm investing in an infinitely expanding Demi-plane dedicated to strictly making me candy. (Spell-resetting traps and all that)

SaintRidley
2012-10-03, 01:29 AM
Origin of Species: Gumdrop Unicorns.

Ravenica
2012-10-03, 01:43 AM
If you summon creatures from this plane I demand a oompa loompa template

Slipperychicken
2012-10-06, 10:38 AM
If you summon creatures from this plane I demand a oompa loompa template

It's called Halfling.

Kulture
2012-10-08, 02:15 AM
I've heard that there's a pathfinder module that is set on an actual plane of candy.

It's apparently one of the most brutally difficult module put out by the peripheral pathfinder set and is more or less this generation's Dungeon-land.

Funny fact: treacle is as thick as tar and you can't breathe it with water-breathing. A wave of molasses is more or less the deadliest food you can hit a town with short of a flour fuel air bomb.