PDA

View Full Version : Tarrasque in E6

Mithril Leaf
2012-09-30, 10:29 PM
Now, I know we've taken down Balors in E6, but the funnest challenges often involve Big T. Inspired by this beautifully broken trick (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=7446.0), I started thinking of ways to gain a wish in E6. Now, I think the elven domain generalist can get it, but I'm not sure.
So I turn to you, the Playground. Are there any ways that you can think of to either:
A) Put Big T into a situation where he can't do anything anymore.
B) Acquire a wish to put him out of his misery.
C) Get enough damage output to get him down in the first place without having to use crazy loops.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-09-30, 10:34 PM
1 Be an neutral rebuking cleric/Dread Necro
2 Find an Allip or two
3 Rebuke them
4 Order them to attack the Big T
5???
6Profit as they drain it's wisdom in roughly 3 or 4 rounds.

Mithril Leaf
2012-09-30, 10:42 PM
1 Be an neutral rebuking cleric/Dread Necro
2 Find an Allip or two
3 Rebuke them
4 Order them to attack the Big T
5???
6Profit as they drain it's wisdom in roughly 3 or 4 rounds.

Yes, that works to bring it down, fulfilling letter C. What do we do to deal with the useless Tarrasque though?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-09-30, 10:43 PM
A Midgard Dwarf in Frostburn can craft a Ring of Three Wishes despite E6, so it should be easy enough.

Mithril Leaf
2012-09-30, 10:51 PM
A Midgard Dwarf in Frostburn can craft a Ring of Three Wishes despite E6, so it should be easy enough.

And there's the silver bullet. So, an archer uses two feats, seeks out a midgard dwarf, grabs a dagger, buys a troll slave, and goes to war.

Zombulian
2012-10-01, 12:37 AM
I find it strange that the trick you linked didn't include chicken infested... or even bring it up.

Mithril Leaf
2012-10-01, 12:54 AM
I find it strange that the trick you linked didn't include chicken infested... or even bring it up.

That is a bit odd, seems like it would work very well. Perhaps it should be added.

Zaq
2012-10-01, 02:41 AM
Midgard Dwarf? That's cute, but it relies on you finding one, then convincing them to craft you this nice toy. That seems like it requires too much GM cooperation. We can do better. We just gotta go evil.

Open up BoVD. You know where I'm going, right? That's right, page 27. The sacrifice rules. Just get a +49 on your K: Religion check (or roll well, I guess) and you can have your dark master grant you a capital-W Wish. And come on, it's just a Knowledge skill check. That's easy. +49 is a decently high bar without either Guidance of the Avatar or stacking Aid Another bonuses, but both of those are totally legit in E6. If you want me to say what we all know I'm thinking, Universal Aptitude + Knowledge Focus + Hidden Truth = +18 bonus from a level 3 Truenamer, before adding in ranks, INT, illumian sigils, Aid Another, Guidance of the Avatar, or any of the modifiers in BoVD (long ceremony on a desecrated altar, for instance). However you get it, I'm sure we can get the K:Religion mods up high enough. There's your Wish.

Extra double bonus points if you can convince your GM that Big T himself is the sacrifice. It makes sense, in a very twisted sort of way.

docnessuno
2012-10-01, 12:34 PM
Getting the wish is the easy part (at least by RaW):
Pass a DC 20 (iirc) knowledge - planes check.
Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu.