PDA

View Full Version : [Eberron] Books with Aaren d'Cannith

Jeff the Green
2012-10-01, 03:44 AM
I'm working on a background for a character that's rapidly elongating to short-story or novella length. As I'm pouring more and more energy into it, it occured to me that I should take more care to ensure it meshes well with existing lore. Part of it takes place during the construction of the first warforged, and one of the minor characters is Aaren d'Cannith. Are there any books with Aaren d'Cannith as a character, or with more details about him building the Creation Forges?

supermonkeyjoe
2012-10-01, 10:31 AM
I was just about to list a load of books that featured Merrix d'Cannith until I realised that I was thinking of the wrong warforged obsessed d'Cannith :smalltongue:

Most details on Aaren are deliberately left vague from what I recall, it's similar to the cause of the Mourning and the identity of the iron-masked prisoner in Dreadhold, more of a plot device than an actual character.

For general house Cannith shenanigans you should read the Dreaming Dark trilogy by Keith Baker, there a quite a few flashbacks in those books that deal with house Cannith, creation forges and warforged

Jeff the Green
2012-10-02, 04:37 PM
Good to know I can make up quirks without going against canon. I'll check out the Dreaming Dark trilogy; thanks.

INDYSTAR188
2012-10-02, 08:56 PM
So, I have a player who is an Artificer and they just got to Sharn, it turns out that she looks a lot like a younger Jorlanna d'Cannith. I was thinking of setting up some kind of political maneuvering scenario where some of the other Houses want to use her as a way to sabatoge / collect some kind of information to help bring down Cannith (not destroy it but bring it low for the other Houses to take advantage... I was thinking Kundarak and Sivis. The question is what would be good piece of information or item to steal to use against them?

Also could you point me in a good direction for novels taking place in Sharn?