PDA

View Full Version : Self-Declared Chosen of Mystra Needs PrC [3.5]

Kyouhen
2012-10-01, 08:39 PM
Greetings Playgrounders!

So here's the situation. I'm in a gestalt campaign that's a little crazy and the DM has recently allowed us to add a prestige class to our gestalt. (Allowing us to advance 3 classes at a time instead of the normal 2) I'm trying to find a fun and fluffy class to add to my character and am wondering what you guys think.

My character is a Cleric/StP Erudite who believes he's actually a Cleric/Wizard who has been so blessed by Mystra that he is capable of casting any spell still and silent, and is capable of mastering spells by simply coming in contact with other spellcasters. (Yes, he's taken Initiate of Mystra too) He recently picked up the Spellwarped template as well as more than a few questionable mutations from sampling extremely questionable potions to learn more about the effects of mixing them as well. He is quite thoroughly convinced that Mystra has smiled upon him, to the point that he grows stronger when enemy spellcasters attempt to strike him down. :smalltongue:

This brings me to the prestige class issue. I'm currently thinking of taking Spellfire Wielder just to further add to his belief that he's the chosen of Mystra and to make it that much more painful for enemy casters to deal with him. Not sure if there would be something more suitable for his madness though. Main thing is he's looking to get more in touch with magic as a whole.

Quick few notes for the chosen class. First, all prerequisites for the class are ignored. I can literally prestige into anything, with the DM's permission. Note that in cases where the class is built around a certain prerequisite I simply lose those benefits. If I went Mystic Theurge it wouldn't advance any arcane casting because I don't have any arcane classes, and I can't turn into a bear with Bear Warrior because I can't rage. The other requirement is that the prestige class must have exactly 10 levels. (This was specifically chosen to stop us from getting Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil :smalltongue:) Finally, any classes that advance spellcasting cannot advance my spellcasting level beyond my character level.

So playgrounders, any suggestions?

ShneekeyTheLost
2012-10-01, 08:49 PM
Beholder Mage? How about up to nine spells cast per turn?

I mean, you said you are bypassing prerequisites, right?

Failing that, Dewomerkeeper. Spells as (Su)? What's not to like about that?

Dictum Mortuum
2012-10-02, 02:51 AM
I love Ardent Dilettante from Planar Handbook and usually find some weird ways to incorporate it into my builds :p

Analytica
2012-10-02, 04:31 AM
Dweomerkeeper actually might make the most fluff sense here, scary as that thought may be...

Alleran
2012-10-02, 04:45 AM
Dweomerkeeper actually might make the most fluff sense here, scary as that thought may be...
It was originally (in F&P) a Mystra-specific prestige class before the Complete Divine web enhancement anyway, so it actually makes perfect sense.

only1doug
2012-10-02, 06:24 AM
Consider church inquisitor?
Immune to possession, compulsions and charms, see through illusions and disguises, force shapeshifters back to their natural form.

dantiesilva
2012-10-02, 07:06 AM
I am playing a church inquisitor now and my level 10 group just killed an epic assassin so it is well worth it in my eyes. having a +4 on your dispel check is huge in this area. depending on your level you could be rolling 1d20+15. I dispelled all his items and then the spellthef stole all his spells. It was a glorious battle