PDA

View Full Version : How would you go about making carrying-capacity enhancing outfits? (3.5/PF)

Seharvepernfan
2012-10-02, 07:43 AM
I'm talking just clothes that fill up the "shirt" slot of magic items, that simply raise your light load by xlbs., your medium by 2xlbs., and your heavy by 3xlbs. (but not your lift over head, off ground, or push/drag)?

What spell would you think is best to use for crafting? Tenser's floating disk maybe?

How much should they cost?

Is this a feasible idea?

Darrin
2012-10-02, 08:02 AM
Magic Item Compendium page 10 ("Easy Travel") and page 204 ("Belt of the Wide Earth") might be worth a look.

gr8artist
2012-10-02, 08:16 AM
I gave one of my players a vest that functioned as a Handy Haversack. That worked pretty good. She keeps all of her potions in extra-dimensional pockets.
I had one player who found a mwk backpack... mundane item that increased his carry cap as if his strength was a little higher.
Floating disk, Unseen servant, or Bull strength.
compare benefit to bags of holding to determine price.

Saidoro
2012-10-02, 09:13 AM
PPathfinder has muleback cords priced at 1000 GP, they treat your strength score as 8 higher for the purposes of carrying capacity.

Seharvepernfan
2012-10-02, 09:56 AM
PPathfinder has muleback cords priced at 1000 GP, they treat your strength score as 8 higher for the purposes of carrying capacity.

Perfection.

This is pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

Than
2012-10-02, 10:05 AM
The masterwork backpack was also pathfinder. You can find it in the equipment section of the Pathfinder Advanced Core Rulebook.

mattie_p
2012-10-02, 10:59 AM
A Dark and Stormy Knight (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20050329a), a free online adventure for 1st-level characters, contains the lifting belt.

Lifting Belt: This heavy leather kidney belt features brass studs and large buckles on both sides. Anyone wearing it gains a +1 enhancement bonus to Strength for the purpose of determining his carrying capacity. The belt does not alter the wearer’s actual Strength score, nor does it change his Str modifier. This effect does not stack with that provided by any other bonus to Strength.

Faint conjuration; CL 1st; Craft Wondrous Item, bull’s strength; Price: 500 gp.

jmelesky
2012-10-02, 12:39 PM
Relevant spells for crafting could either be bull's strength (as suggested elsewhere), or ant haul (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/ant-haul).

Slipperychicken
2012-10-02, 02:40 PM
Relevant spells for crafting could either be bull's strength (as suggested elsewhere), or ant haul (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/ant-haul).

Continuous, slot-occupying item of Ant Haul (triple carry capacity) = 2,000gp. Exactly the same amount as a Haversack.

It seems like a pretty good deal to me. Use up one of your body slots, and have a bit less utility than a haversack, but carry more. Bump the price up to 3,000-4,000 and call it even.

There's not much benefit over just buying a cart, Haversack, or Bag of Holding, unless you have really high strength and are tracking carry capacity.