PDA

View Full Version : Building a Giant.

YashaTheBest
2012-10-02, 09:36 AM
We starting a new campaign, but this time we decided to start epic but short campaign. So I was wondering if you could help me build a character.

This campaign is combat oriented, so I was hoping to make a walking slaughterhouse.

Here's what I have to work with:

Warforged Barbarian/Fighter Level 20
must have at-least 5 levels in either of classes
Str:20 Dex:19 Con:21 Int:16 Wis:14 Cha:13

All your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

YashaTheBest

P.S.
No limit on the Gold
No limit on the time spent
All of the 3.5e books are available
And I was thinking close combat: like Cleave one, then another and so on, clear the floor in one turn.

P.P.S.
Character must have only two classes with minimum of 5 level.
So 5/15; 6/14; 7/13; 8/12; 9/11; 10/10.

The classes could be changed, but I would like it to be a melee/tank kind of character.

P.P.P.S.
Gold is only for character creation.

Amphetryon
2012-10-02, 10:02 AM
What sources are available?

ahenobarbi
2012-10-02, 10:03 AM
So do you want to be a melee combatant? Ranged? Or do you want to just kill things? What books are allowed?

nedz
2012-10-02, 11:46 AM
What sort of combat do you want to do ?

Uber-charger ?
Lockdown ?
Battlefield control ?
Intimidator ?
Mounted ?
Missile ?
???

YashaTheBest
2012-10-02, 01:11 PM
P.S.
No limit on the Gold
No limit on the time spent
All of the 3.5e books are available
And I was thinking close combat: like Cleave one, then another and so on, clear the floor in one turn.

Metahuman1
2012-10-02, 02:18 PM
Drop Fighter, take Warblade. That's a start.

Saidoro
2012-10-02, 02:50 PM
No limit on the Gold.

*cough* (http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/epicMagicItems.htm) *cough* (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/creatingMagicItems.htm)
Seriously, unlimited gold is stronger than any combination of class features. Artificer is considered the strongest class in the game and its main function is just doubling party gold.

Still, in the spirit of the original request:
Barbarian 5/Fighter 6/Psychic Warrior 4/War Mind 5
Pertinent feats: Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Shock Trooper, Leap Attack, Combat Reflexes, Combat Expertise, Dodge, Robilar's Gambit, Karmic Strike, Exotic Weapon Proficiency(Spiked Chain), Practiced Manifester(War Mind or Psychic Warrior), Improved Trip, Stand Still
Pertinent Powers:Expansion
Grab the Whirling Frenzy barbarian Variant from UA and the Lion Spirit Totem variant from Complete Divine.
Major equipment: +X valorous spiked chain

Practiced manifester increases your ML enough to use expansion as a swift action so you can always have it up every combat. Being large gives you a natural reach of 10' which spiked chain doubles to 20'. You get to make a full attack at the end of a charge and can power attack for full without sacrificing accuracy and are dealing triple power attack damage from leap attack and then doubling the total because of your valorous weapon. Additionally any attack you make can hit two adjacent targets thanks to war mind, anyone who attacks you you get to attack back twice thanks to robilar's gambit and karmic strike and you have improved trip and stand still for those times you feel like being a tank.

How's that look?

Fable Wright
2012-10-02, 02:58 PM
Since you have to take at least 5 levels of Fighter, I recommend going something like Dungeoncrasher Zhentarim Fighter 9/Barbarian 5/Warforged Juggernaut 5/Bear Warrior 1. You get a lot of bonuses on Charges and Bull Rushes from Warforged Juggernaut, which can be terrifying with Dungeoncrasher and Knockback, which you can qualify for from Bear Warrior. Oddly enough, given the wording of Bear Warrior and Polymorph, you keep all Ex abilities gained from class levels when you turn into a Bear... including things like Armor Spikes and Construct Perfection, despite no longer being a Construct for the duration.

nedz
2012-10-02, 03:36 PM
Warforged Barbarian/Fighter Level 20
must have at-least 5 levels in either of classes
Does this mean Barbarian 5 AND Fighter 5, or Barbarian 5 OR Fighter 5 ?

YashaTheBest
2012-10-02, 06:11 PM
Does this mean Barbarian 5 AND Fighter 5, or Barbarian 5 OR Fighter 5 ?

Character must have only two classes with minimum of 5 level.
So 5/15; 6/14; 7/13; 8/12; 9/11; 10/10.

The classes could be changed, but I would like it to be a melee/tank kind of character.

P.S. Gold is only for character creation.

nedz
2012-10-02, 06:26 PM
Right, so no PrCs or Dips.
Well Fighter is a class you would dip if you wanted a few feats, erm but only 2 levels normally. Fighter 5 is a dead level really, as is Fighter 3.

Take a look at the Barbarian Handbook
(http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19867934/Consolidated_Barbarian_Handbook), it might help.

Keld Denar
2012-10-02, 06:46 PM
Go with Goliath over Warforged. Fighter 6, rest in Barbarian. Take the dungeon crasher ACF from Dungeonscape, and the Goliath Barb ACF from Races of Stone. Take Power Attack, Imp Bull Rush, and Knockback from Races of Stone.

Big, mean, and tosses foes around like rag dolls.

Venusaur
2012-10-02, 07:19 PM
If you are only allowed 2 classes, try going Barbarian 10/Frenzied Berserker 10. Sounds exactly like what you are looking for.

nedz
2012-10-02, 08:33 PM
If you are only allowed 2 classes, try going Barbarian 10/Frenzied Berserker 10. Sounds exactly like what you are looking for.

Only if its a short campaign you are after. You could at least mention that will save business, which an unsuspecting player might overlook.