PDA

View Full Version : Swordsage + Kung Fu Genius

RFLS
2012-10-02, 04:02 PM
Alright, because there aren't enough ToB threads going right now, I've got a question I've been mulling over for a while. Do you guys feel that, as a house rule, it would be reasonable to allow a swordsage to take kung fu genius, replacing any mention of Wis with Int in his class description? I'm asking this from a mechanical standpoint, not a fluff based one.

Psyren
2012-10-02, 04:12 PM
Seems fine to me. They'd get to keep their AC bonus while being better at the skillmonkey role; for a feat, that's a good trade-off.

Talionis
2012-10-02, 08:57 PM
I know there is a Paladin feat that is similar changing all references to Charisma to Wisdom or visa versa.

The only balance issue I see is Swordsage is tier 3 and Monk and Paladin are lower tiers. So the thing to think about are you making the Swordsage as good as other PCs in the group or are you making it better than the rest?

In my mind its on the strong side of feats, but I think it's potentially acceptable for some games.

BowStreetRunner
2012-10-02, 09:12 PM
I have to agree with Talionis. The feat would be a great way to improve a swordsage in a campaign that uses Tier 1-3 characters, but maybe a bit overpowered in a campaign that is dominated by tier 4-6 characters.

Personally, I really like it because I always felt the skill-monkey role was unduly hampered by straight 3.5 rules and works better with Pathfinder rules (where the skill points are the same but there are fewer skills).