PDA

View Full Version : Team Pathfinder 2

alchemyprime
2012-10-02, 04:33 PM
So someone in my party has pointed out that a few of our members are like TF2 classes.
The sorcerer we've been calling the Tesla, because he's Pyro with electricity spells.
The ranger is very Sniper-ish.
The Warblade is our heavy weapons guy.
The Rogue is Scout, through and through (personality wise, she's more Hawkeye from the Avengers movie though...)
The Spirit Binder is half the time Spy, the other half Soldier
The Cleric is the Medic, natch
The Bard is quickly on her way to also be a Spy/Soldier fusion (Spy witha Buff Banner would be weird...)
And now we're gaining an Artificer. And the player asked me a good question.

So Playground, I want to know. How can we make it so the Artificer can, legitimately in battle, yell "I'm buildin' a Sentry!"?

Psyren
2012-10-02, 04:44 PM
Spell Turret? Maybe a few in portable holes...

alchemyprime
2012-10-02, 08:13 PM
Also, since I got the thread open, does anyone know any constructs she could make at 5th level? What about 7th?

The-Mage-King
2012-10-03, 01:41 AM
I'm assuming 3.P, if you've got an Artificer.

What you need, son, is an Arbalester. And a Packmate. Both 're from Magic of Eberron, and they'll work for perfectly practical problem solving. Shove those fella's into a Portable Hole, and you got yourself a setup. Some scrolls of teleportation circle finish up the works.

Constructs craftable at 5th?

Arbalester and Packmate... :smalltongue:

Also, look here (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=177). 3.5 Stuff mostly, but it's easily converted.

Gettles
2012-10-03, 02:02 AM
You seem to be missing a Demoman.

Perhaps look into the Pathfinder Alchemist.

Nizaris
2012-10-06, 09:39 PM
Demoman's a bomb centric Alchemist. Delay bomb and remote detonation feats on a bomb covered in sovereign glue matches his sticky bombs. Since there's going to be an artificer he can make something to launch bombs for you.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-10-06, 09:55 PM
Maybe you're not missing a Demo, maybe you're missing a Heavy...

Warblade = Demoknight!

Although you're still missing a true Demoman.

A dwarf archer fighter (or crossbow fighter with a light crossbow and Rapid Reload) focused on getting as many attacks per round as possible then putting Collision on the bow would work well for the Heavy. A warblade level or Martial Study would be good when you get to the level where you can take Dancing Mongoose, which, as a boost, works with ranged weapons. Alchemist for the Demoman.

Ahh... normally I dislike using D&D/PF for non-D&D concepts, but D&D doesn't make much sense, TF2 doesn't make much sense on purpose, they go together like peanut butter and banana.